ltbazzltbazz Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    knocky wrote: »
    Deutschland, Deutschland
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ltbazz wrote: »
    On behalf all Germans, I apologize for his TRIBBLE!

Edit:
    And @knocky:
    With that attitude, you might wanna play Singleplayer-Shooters, but not an MMORPG based on Star Trek philosophy.

For all we know, that was an American or British player that used the only German phrase he ever learned. :p (though maybe you know more than me.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Great. I already own a Delta Flyer. Crafted it the old way.
    Those Lobi and Keys are quite nice, though.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    sililossililos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As a New Zealand player i have you all beat, gaming companies never take New Zealand and Australia into account (At least as far as i know).

In fact the only company that does is Electronic arts, and they don't give us stuff for free, they exclude us from 90% of their giveaways and often when a game is discounted to $10US for the rest of the world, its still $90 for us. Hell years on and Dragon Age 2 is still stupidly high priced.

So before you guys in Europe and Asia, the UK and the US get up in arms about giveaways, remember there's a large player base in the bottom of the world who get nothing but ignored and shafted!
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sililos wrote: »
    As a New Zealand player i have you all beat, gaming companies never take New Zealand and Australia into account (At least as far as i know).

In fact the only company that does is Electronic arts, and they don't give us stuff for free, they exclude us from 90% of their giveaways and often when a game is discounted to $10US for the rest of the world, its still $90 for us. Hell years on and Dragon Age 2 is still stupidly high priced.

So before you guys in Europe and Asia, the UK and the US get up in arms about giveaways, remember there's a large player base in the bottom of the world who get nothing but ignored and shafted!
    You have Middle Earth. Your Argument is invalid.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    But on topic:
    raifin1701 wrote: »
    So, if I were to assume this is open to everyone, would you presume that you need to log in to Arc at least once, every day, for 10 days to get the reward.
    (Or log into Arc, and into STO.)

Or that you need to be logged into Arc for 10 days, like I should leave my machine running.

Chris

That's a good question I hadn't even considered.

So obviously I am german. And I got this, too.
    What I can tell is:

- I got this via Email from PW. The news article only pops up in the german-language and french-langauge launcher.
    (by default I play in english and in that version the article isn't mentioned.)
    - Arc isn't mentioned in the news, but the newsletter has the Arc logo on top and bottom.
    - I have logged in (via direct) over 3 times during the last days, but so far I haven't gotten anything, not even confirmation that my login was counted.
    (To be fair, the news says: "Between ... October 14 ... and ... October 28 ... active service is logged and a little later special rewards are granted.")

So the questions standing are:
    1) Exactly to which demographic is this event targeted? EU? German and French players? Users with the launcher set to german or french?
    2) Do you need to login to Arc? Or to STO via Arc?
    3) Is there any kind of confirmation that the login is counted?
    4) Do I understand it correctly that the items aren't given out until after the Event?
    5) What about multiple toons and different factions? Do you need to login with all of them?
    And are the rewards given to all of them?
    (No Delta Flyer over Qo'noS, I suppose :) )

@raifin1701:
    I can't imagine you must stay logged in for 10 days.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    For all we know, that was an American or British player that used the only German phrase he ever learned. :p (though maybe you know more than me.)

(I don't.)

Yeah, possible.
    But he should follow my suggestion no matter where he is from.
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Playing this game since the beginning and it really surprises me that there is indeed an EU Region giveaway now.

Now you get upset because there is an EU Region giveaway? How about us EU players get upset all the time they run US giveaways...

How many US-only giveaways were there in the last 5 years? How many EU giveaways did we had? Really nothing to go beserk about just because we get one giveaway event in our region.

We EU players already got used to games with developers based in the US that they do giveaways for their locals only for legal reasons.

So this one is much appreciated.

Although I wish they would live the way of Star Trek and make the giveaways worldwide for everyone...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And how about those who live in neither EU nor US? Guess we're totally sunk.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    scurry5 wrote: »
    And how about those who live in neither EU nor US? Guess we're totally sunk.

Considering that this reward is digital, it might work just to use the German/French version of ARC.

I doubt that it's only a "EU-only" thing, considering that there are German and especially French speaking communities outside the EU, who would also be using the German/French client and therefore getting the offer as well.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    But on topic:

That's a good question I hadn't even considered.

So obviously I am german. And I got this, too.
    What I can tell is:

- I got this via Email from PW. The news article only pops up in the german-language and french-langauge launcher.
    (by default I play in english and in that version the article isn't mentioned.)

What is your location? Outside the US I am guessing? It's probably based on region then, if you play in english but got the email.

They probably track you via your IP Address. So just logging into the german or french version wont work.

Delta Flyer is Fed only... if it's award in a box you will need to transfer it to a fed toon. You can't open another faction's reward box. Maybe a 1 time promotion claim in the z-store if it doesnt show up automatically in your inventory like the ferengi shuttle did during an arc reward promo.
  • Options
    knockyknocky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    On behalf all Germans, I apologize for his TRIBBLE!

Edit:
    And @knocky:
    With that attitude, you might wanna play Singleplayer-Shooters, but not an MMORPG based on Star Trek philosophy.

*edited first line to please the mods*

Replaced first line with "I do not care for the attitude you displayed in referring to me

Google German Anthem, click on the first link, scroll down to the lyrics, Copy and paste the first two lines.

Believe it or not, the world does not revolve around you anymore then it revolves around the USA. I did not know that you Germans have chosen to be embarrassed about a nation anthem that was written almost 200 years ago and are actively trying to bury it. TRIBBLE you if you do not have the balls to take back what Hitler soiled. Grow a pair Germany.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    What is your location? Outside the US I am guessing? It's probably based on region then, if you play in english but got the email.

They probably track you via your IP Address. So just logging into the german or french version wont work.

Delta Flyer is Fed only... if it's award in a box you will need to transfer it to a fed toon. You can't open another faction's reward box. Maybe a 1 time promotion claim in the z-store if it doesnt show up automatically in your inventory like the ferengi shuttle did during an arc reward promo.

I am german, living in Germany with a german IP.
    Playing in English.

I was just saying this:
    If it's regional, it doesn't show up as long as I have set my launcher to English.

P.S.:
    Thx for the Delta Flyer info.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    *edited first line to please the mods*

Replaced first line with "I do not care for the attitude you displayed in referring to me

Google German Anthem, click on the first link, scroll down to the lyrics, Copy and paste the first two lines.

Believe it or not, the world does not revolve around you anymore then it revolves around the USA. I did not know that you Germans have chosen to be embarrassed about a nation anthem that was written almost 200 years ago and are actively trying to bury it. TRIBBLE you if you do not have the balls to take back what Hitler soiled. Grow a pair Germany.

[Should I really feed the angry troll some more? ... can't resist it:]

I am not ashamed to be german.
    And I know my anthem.
    But do you?

You were quoting the first verse of the "Deutschlandlied".
    That one is closely associated with the TRIBBLE regime, since it was the only part they used.

The official German Anthem at least since 1991 ist only the third verse ("Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit ...").

Maybe next time you care to actually read the Wiki articles you c&p from?
  • Options
    adamofnodadamofnod Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So... still no official word about this for the English speaking community.

Neat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    knockyknocky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    [Should I really feed the angry troll some more? ... can't resist it:]

Ah labels....you seem to be well verse in dehumanizing someone with a label.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ah labels....you seem to be well verse in dehumanizing someone with a label.

Yep. It's taught in every german primary school by a nice guy with a svastika.
    By the time we reach high school there isn't a single citizen left who regards non-germans as humans. Pfff.

And since 1984 that includes learning the definition of the label "Troll (Internet)":
    A troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory [...] messages in an online community with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response [...].

Like someone quoting lines closely associated with the TRIBBLE regime in an already heated topic, for example.

But I see what you did there :rolleyes:
    Since you couldn't have any counterarguments to my last post, you derailed the discussion by targeting the only blame you (in your opinion) could find in my words.
    That's actually exactly how right-wing extremists operate in internet forums.
    (I read a paper about that during my studies.)

Coincidence?

Edit:
    So, what is your next distraction gonna be?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I am german, living in Germany with a german IP.
    Playing in English.

I was just saying this:
    If it's regional, it doesn't show up as long as I have set my launcher to English.

P.S.:
    Thx for the Delta Flyer info.

You got the email cause they track you by your IP but the ENG setting for Arc & STO is set up to assume it is for US folks. So when you log in with the ENG setting you only see US info. (Sorry UK, guess they are getting the short end of this)

Would be interesting if anyone from Quebec Canada will get the rewards since they would play in French but are located in North America (and not in France)

Becareful when you log in on the 10th day... it could be auto deposited into your inventory like they did it the Ferengi shuttle. Would need account bank to transfer it since it would be account bound.

Also you may want to log in with DE set as the language (and use Arc as well set to DE just to be safe)... you may not get it if you use the ENG setting. /shrug better safe that sorry.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Becareful when you log in on the 10th day... it could be auto deposited into your inventory like they did it the Ferengi shuttle. Would need account bank to transfer it since it would be account bound.

Also you may want to log in with DE set as the language (and use Arc as well set to DE just to be safe)... you may not get it if you use the ENG setting. /shrug better safe that sorry.

Good points.
    Was thinking the same.

Well then, I guess I have to suffer through the german translation once more for 10 days.
    *Uargs* :(

P.S.:
    Makes me wonder if I have missed other non-US events where they might have sent no Mail. ...
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm glad to see promotions like this , even though they don't affect me. It may get more butts in the captains chairs even if only for the short term.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    so this is basically for France and Germany then since I dont see anyone saying anything about getting free keys for logging in for 3 days in a row on the US forums.

Anyone in UK get an email about this event?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    so this is basically for France and Germany then since I dont see anyone saying anything about getting free keys for logging in for 3 days in a row on the US forums.

That doesn't mean anything.

I've been loggin in now for:
    - 2 days (maybe 3) with german IP and english launcher
    and after that:
    - 3 days with german IP, german Arc and german launcher.

And I got nothing so far.
    No keys. Not even confirmation (dammit!).

But to be fair (and like I mentioned earlier) - the news is phrased in a way that could mean the items are given out only after the event.

Confusion, confusion ...
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lol, another ARC bribe XD
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2014

But to be fair (and like I mentioned earlier) - the news is phrased in a way that could mean the items are given out only after the event.

Confusion, confusion ...

It has been confirmed by a German mod that all rewards will be given out after the event.

According to the mod, it also doesn't matter how you are launching the game (steam, arc or still using the old launcher should all work).

http://sto-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showpost.php?p=4902422&postcount=16

So all that you probably need is a German or French IP and you should get your prices.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    It has been confirmed by a German mod that all rewards will be given out after the event.

According to the mod, it also doesn't matter how you are launching the game (steam, arc or still using the old launcher should all work).

http://sto-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showpost.php?p=4902422&postcount=16

So all that you probably need is a German or French IP and you should get your prices.

Ah, good to know!
    Thanks!
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014

My money is still on the preferred language setting in every ones arc account.

There are too many non-Germans and non-French in the German and French speaking communities that would be cut out of the promised reward that way.

Both offers also get displayed on the German and French versions of the Arc website when you access it from outside of both Germany and France.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    My money is still on the preferred language setting in every ones arc account.

There are too many non-Germans and non-French in the German and French speaking communities that would be cut out of the promised reward that way.

Both offers also get displayed on the German and French versions of the Arc website when you access it from outside of both Germany and France.

Yeah.
    Just to be safe, I will suffer trough 7 more days of Arc and german translation :rolleyes:
    Wouldn't be the first time that a moderator is .... let's say ... "informationally challenged" :P

But let me provide with a translation of what he ("senachrt") said anyway:

"[...]
    Well:
    The rewards are given out once per account and it doesn't matter in which way you are on(line). (Quote: The essential factor is that you are online in STO, whether Steam or Arc or the old launcher is not decicive.)*
    And the reward is given out at the end of the event (if you've only been online for 3 days, you get your keys on 28.10.)
    "

* He doesn't provide a source for his quotation.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Me live in Austria.

Me got email saying I get keys, crystals and Shuttle from se voyager tv show.

Maybe also people from se land with cheese and chocolate get email too? You know Heidi, Alm
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Give the poor Germans some slack, their games are always censored.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gurluas wrote: »
    Give the poor Germans some slack, their games are always censored.

Thats why they buy the stuff from Austria. Busses full of Piefkes travel through our country when the next GTA or Wolfenstein is released :D