test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Difficulty

Comments

• rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree with most posts we say wait a few weeks for players to upgrade their gear and, more importantly, adjust their play style. I haven't started DR yet as i just started my 2nd toon with all of the new crafting and upgrade systems in place. I have in the past avoided higher difficulties because it was just too tedious and boring.

The only difference between fighting a ship on normal and killing them in 5 seconds and playing the same enemy on elite and killing them in 5 minutes is time. I understand upping NPC HP and shields because a player can virtually keep their shields up indefinitely (unless you are mobbed).

Saying that I have decided to play on advanced after DR and, maybe it's just me, but its seems like damage output from the NPCs isn't scaled that much higher and not comparable with the increase of HP. I would suggest going in the other direction. Scale down the HP/shields but increase the damage output. Then give NPC's access to defensive abilities.

This way a battle can last a few seconds either way (if an NPC gets a lucky shot or if i do) or it can last a few minutes if its a stale mate. The one way I can think of how to implement this is adaptable AI. So as you progress the AI will outfit their ship to counter how you destroyed the last batch. And you somewhat have this in place already. I've used an attack run where I use a tachyon beam with target shields III and a barage of torpedos with sensor scan and analysis along with attack pattern alpha. Boom your dead or near death. After a few runs I've seen NPC's put all of their shield strength to the shield thats facing me being able to survive the attack. It looks like they are using Tac Team but no ability icon shows up for their character. So they already use defensive abilities and have some AI, you've just kind of hidden it from us.

My personal suggestion, I've always thought it would be interesting to have ship injuries occur during battle rather than after being destroyed. That could also force us as players to be more cautious during battle.

I just want to be able to beat an opponent in a timely fashion if I choose the right tactic and surprise them with it. But when its 90k HP time and again all the time from little dinky ships to behemoths its not hard...it's boring. I just fly around in circles with beam weapons in auto. That's less fun to me than one shotting NPC's.

At least if I one shot an NPC I can continue on with what I was doing.

EDIT: This isn't really a Cryptic problem, this is a programming in general problem with games. The only game I've every played where the AI was competitive and the difficultly was fun was Halo. Every other game i've played is always the same. Normal is a cake walk and then then next level of difficultly is ridiculous.
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2014
    You want me to fly DPS ships? Ha ha ha! Very funny.
    Are you serious? Ha ha ha!
    Is the full team dependent on me flying high DPS? HA HA HA!!
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    game difficulty is fine looks like im now lvl 55 and advance stfs are not so hard as they used to be when was lvl 50 only thing which should changes is hp of spheres they got way to much hp
  • crappynamerulescrappynamerules Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Getting to level 60 and gearing up to mk xiv golds all around is not gonna multiply your DPS by 10. In fact, the 50-60 transition in DPS is probably going to be SMALLER than any of the other 10 level rank transitions. This is due to the fact that previous increases saw new ships with much more equipment slots and bridge officer stations. The t5-t5u/t6 difference is nowhere near that drastic. Also, the stated intent of the advanced queues was in fact not to be for top of the line ships, builds, equips, and players. That was the stated job of the new elite queues. Advanced was supposed to be a close approximation to the original elite. It's not even remotely close. It's giant HP sacks that you can't PUG because if one or two people don't make the DPS cut, you fail. Not because the opponents are too hard, or some strategy wasn't followed, it's because the entire team needs to maintain a high minimum DPS or you lose. There are strategies like the 10% rule and crowd control to help lighten the load, but if you do not have high DPS to seize upon the relief they provide, you lose. This is not something a PUG can do unless you happen to get lucky. And being near-impossible to PUG was not the intent of advanced queues, that was the elite difficulty's job.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wanted to leave some specific feedback regarding changes to 2 of my favorite missions.

Defend Rhiho Station. I have played this about 100 times - maybe a bit more since it was re-introduced with craylon gas. I would estimate the success rate on getting all 6 guys freed in part 2 is about 5%. Why not instead make the optional in part 1 - say you have to get 30 devices instead? Otherwise you are effectively removing craylon gas from the game again. Already it is around 1 million EC. For those with lots of canons to upgrade this is highly unpleasant.

Undine Infiltration. Making the elite optional get all 10 clear or quarantine right effectively makes it unpuggable. And since I only pug this will be a sad thing for me. I have played this also well over 100 times - likely over 200. I have seen a number of perfect scores. I would estimate around 10%. However that's still pretty low. Someone will go through and just guess. Also it's a huge opportunity for grief.

Additionally, I just did an ISA with a strong group. It went as well as possible I would say but still was 30-35 minutes. With the final cube over 5 minutes alone. This is clearly a best case pug scenario.

I don't really see why there will be a magical increase in dps between 50 and 60. For Tac captains - maybe 10% ? For Sci and Eng it's zero with the 4 ship thingies. And close to zero with specializations.

It's unrealistic to expect gold 14 gear. I would say a mix of 13 and 14 purple is more reasonable for these Advanced level queues. Will getting a group up all to 14 bring the mission time under 20 min? I guess we'll see but it doesn't look like it to me so far.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm taking it easy through Delta Rising, I want to savor it, so the only PvE Queue I've done was Crystalline Catastrophe Advanced, I'm at level 50, Tier 5 U ship, Mk XII weapons.

I cannot in any way comprehend the rationale behind this.

The old Crystalline Entity Elite the entity had what? 2 million hp?

The Advanced Entity has 21 million HP!

That by itself isn't that bad, it just takes longer...except that if you aren't pouring on the fire power it regenerates. The PUG I was in we got it down to 32 %...then the other problem kicked in again.

Why does a Tholian Orb Weaver, a cruiser have 600,000 HP? The Mesh weaver has 300,000. The Crystalline fragments had something like 180,000 hp.

That is NOT comparable to the old Elite, not anywhere near. Is the actual gap between level 50 and 60 really that steep that this will become doable?

My main is a engineer in a cruiser, I'm not gonna get 20K+ DPS over the entire course of the battle.

So it was taken way too far.

Didn't even notice the optional until halfway through.

The PUG was abandoned for the record.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Taking away the Purple Mk XI / XII Rewards from the STFs, Cutting their Dill Reward by Half?! (While at the same time bringing more Dill Sinks into the Game) rising up the Dificulty to a ABSURD Level? Many People asked for more Challenging STFs......so the best thing to do would be LEAVE Normale as it is, Rename the old Elite to the new Advanced and other than that also LEAVE IT as it was, and add the new Elite with much higher Difficulty, THERE YOU GO, Everyone is happy!

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DESTROY THE GAME THAT WE LOVE BIT BY BIT?!!!!!! I started the Game a little before Season 7, and Since than, Spend a Tremendous Amount of Time Playing it (around 16 Hours per day, 32 LEVEL50 Chars) and some good Money (Just Spend 50€ a few weeks agoo for the Bortasque 3 Pack and iam a Lifer) Star Trek Online is my Favourite Game and the Favourite Game of many of my Contacts ( Including my Fiancee that i meet in this Game from Canada i Live in Germany!)

Yea with Delta Rising (also Called Dilithium Rising by many People) you gave us some nice new Story Missions, and other Nice Goodys = GOOD, but on the other Hand you NERF the Game and take away things from us = BAD, i ask you again WHY?!

Dont you Realize that you Drive more and more Players away from the Game?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • ednarulesednarules Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ahhhh! Jebus! Edit for grammar/sentence structure PLEASE! MY EYES!
  • dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bring back the old STF's difficulties. But also leave the new Advanced difficulty. This way you have three levels to choose to play. With that, the Advanced loot will need to be raised.
  • ezriryanezriryan Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    OUTSIDE the box? No, the way it is now, you have to be in the box...very solidly in the box and build your ship for roxor DPS. You have to follow a few templates with a few ships...that is not about thinking outside the box...sorry but you can't have the saying. Also the fact that you used that term to discribe the exact opposite shows how much in the box your way of thinking actually is. Or even using that term at all. People who actually think outside the box don't think they are...or other people who are doing it are. We tend to just accept what other do as their own thing...it's a side effect of actually thinking outside the box (I really hate that term).

I very specifically named the box in which the cat was.
    If you dont see that cat i can not be held responsible, i am sorry.

We arent thinking "outside the box" to beat current STFs, thats pretty much standart PvE... some thinking required on beating No win with 2 players though.

Its so funny how every guy on these forums sees a sentence here and there where he thinks he can pick upon you, while its so much out of context, that you can just see how he didnt understand what has been presented. Almost like watching people play Advanced Queues.

Oh and by the way of Boxthinking. I just pulled 29k DPS against hull (top dps in that regard) out of an ISA, ahead of two Fire at Will Scimitars on a Vesta, with one omnidirectional beam array equipped as the only energy Weapon...
    Can i get that boxed please?

best regards still ;D

RyanSTO
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ezriryan wrote: »

We arent thinking "outside the box" to beat current STFs, thats pretty much standart PvE... some thinking required on beating No win with 2 players though.

Its so funny how every guy on these forums sees a sentence here and there where he thinks he can pick upon you, while its so much out of context, that you can just see how he didnt understand what has been presented. Almost like watching people play Advanced Queues.

Oh and by the way of Boxthinking. I just pulled 29k DPS against hull (top dps in that regard) out of an ISA, ahead of two Fire at Will Scimitars on a Vesta, with one omnidirectional beam array equipped as the only energy Weapon...

best regards still ;D

RyanSTO
    Pretty sweet, I've got a new sci and was looking at running her as a torpedo boat, any Boff abilities I should really focus on?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    RNG RNG RNG

The RNG needs to go away when leveling up gear. I'm already sinking a ludicrous and ridiculous amount into this thing so having my "great" stats get changed to ACC or other stats I do not want is mind blowing and frustrating.

This leads into.

TIME SINK

The sheer amount and cost of upgrading my gear is absolutely staggering. It's made me want to simply hang up my uniform and walk away. This is terrible. Solution? My Set gear, dyson, maco, undine whatever. SHOULD get an option to be upgraded VIA the repstore. Say, tier 5 needed, spend 600 marks, some dilithium and Special items(isometric thingies, neural processsors) whatever and upgrade your grinded out space/ground set to mark 14.

this leads into

CATCH 22

I need to do advanced instances to get crafting mats, rep mats, dilthium and other thingas. But I need better gear to do these as MK XII doesn't cut it. But to get better gear, I need to craft it. But to craft i need the mats. To get the mats I need to do advanced instances...to do advanced instances i need better gear....you see where im going with this?
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • vekares227vekares227 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2014

best regards still ;D

RyanSTO

Youre just thinking in this selfish "I can do it, so TRIBBLE you guys" attitude. Its not required to create new strategy to beat more hit points. It doesnt require "out of the box thinking". This was supposed to be a reward for waiting years for an update. I agree there should have been a new level of difficulty but not at the cost of everything else. I can do and have done the advanced but I was looking forward to helping others level up in the "old elites" while getting decent rewards. This BS we got is an insult. I just paid 3000 zen for a new ship, that is really just my old ship with a paint job? Even you Hardcore difficulty kids have to see this, you are removing the step system you used to gear up.

We all need to band together, this expansion is awful for what they did to older content. Its not refreshing its repulsive. I have a friend that is an attorney and he says we could have a case to at least get refunds as they altered established content. I think 10,000 refund request could get PWE and Cryptic to wake up. I say we give them one week and if they dont fix this, we who have paid for content and feel wronged put in for refunds!!!!
  • ezriryanezriryan Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Youre just thinking in this selfish "I can do it, so TRIBBLE you guys" attitude."

So thats why i made an 5 Hr long Video reading out to everyone how to get it done..
    Clearly its my fault no one cares to educate upon things. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMuD-YI-u3TnphAERG7O1R4oeMivCnrTB

Its not required to create new strategy to beat more hit points. It doesnt require "out of the box thinking".
    <- No one ever said that. Basically you resaid what i wrote, thanks.

The way they handled rewards is not in favor of the system (as i said earlier as well)
    The direction the games difficulty is going is clearly good in the long run. Might have been a little to rough for the average random Queue player... But hey, why dont you step it up, and improve? Because you never had to.. (you as in 95% of the random Queue)

We all need to band together, this expansion is awful for what they did to older content.
    <- its actually quite the same, just takes 5 minutes again. So if the rewards would actually reflect that, i am all down for that.

Pretty sweet, I've got a new sci and was looking at running her as a torpedo boat, any Boff abilities I should really focus on?
    <-- I am currently running APO I, APB1, TBR 2,3, HY 1,2... rest is defensive. Its actually quite durable. But a work in progress

best Regards

I am out for the weekend, so if you guys feel like you have to respond... I will not clarify the first post for a couple of days. but if you feel like reading it again, please do so. Most questions should answer themselves if you actually read it from top to bottom.
  • exsteeleexsteele Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just adding my 2 cents here. I think regular missions are just a -touch- too hard. I'm using Elite Fleet gear and weapons, and I'm hitting Kazon ships for only DOUBLE-DIGIT damage per shot; meanwhile, they're melting my shields like butter. I haven't died yet, I can still mange, it just takes longer than I'm used to. It just feels idiotic to have to shoot at something the size of a DELTA FLIER for like 5 minutes before it finally dies.
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014

CATCH 22

I need to do advanced instances to get crafting mats, rep mats, dilthium and other thingas. But I need better gear to do these as MK XII doesn't cut it. But to get better gear, I need to craft it. But to craft i need the mats. To get the mats I need to do advanced instances...to do advanced instances i need better gear....you see where im going with this?

This! Nailed it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The fast way is to sell other stuff and buy them.

And where do we get this magical other stuff to sell? They took away the drops from STFs, and the gear on normal anything was always meh anyway. Craft it? You need mats from Advanced. Or you can do Advanced... in order to get the gear you need to sell to get the gear you need to do Advanced.

See the issue? It's not that hard. They cut the rewards out or in the best case halved it, then gated the rest behind a difficulty that is impossible to do unless you already have the gear needed to do that difficulty. Yeah that makes sense.

Simply put, as I and others have been saying, you need the gear now to do advanced, but to get the gear you need to do advanced.

Fortunatly I personally already have the gear, and a fleet. But for anyone who doesn't have the gear or the fleet you might as well kiss either good bye.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They need to do something about this fast. Very fast. Most of the queues are now dead and what ones people do even attempt, they either fail or people leave through the tedious boredom they've turned them into now.

Essentially, Cryptic have utterly annihilated the whole endgame structure for all but the most superhuman of STO players. The game will shed players in the thousands.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    carlosbfly wrote: »
    They need to do something about this fast. Very fast. Most of the queues are now dead and what ones people do even attempt, they either fail or people leave through the tedious boredom they've turned them into now.

Essentially, Cryptic have utterly annihilated the whole endgame structure for all but the most superhuman of STO players. The game will shed players in the thousands.

I wouldn't expect a change for a few more weeks at least. Cryptic is in no rush as long as people are spending money hand over fist. Once people start to bail because of this, then it'll get fixed. Until then, expect the same of the same.

Oh and once they do "fix it" they'll nerf it into oblivion or break the hell out of it and make it truely unplayable.
    edited October 2014
    "Youre just thinking in this selfish "I can do it, so TRIBBLE you guys" attitude."

So thats why i made an 5 Hr long Video reading out to everyone how to get it done..
    Clearly its my fault no one cares to educate upon things. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMuD-YI-u3TnphAERG7O1R4oeMivCnrTB

Its not required to create new strategy to beat more hit points. It doesnt require "out of the box thinking".
    <- No one ever said that. Basically you resaid what i wrote, thanks.

The way they handled rewards is not in favor of the system (as i said earlier as well)
    The direction the games difficulty is going is clearly good in the long run. Might have been a little to rough for the average random Queue player... But hey, why dont you step it up, and improve? Because you never had to.. (you as in 95% of the random Queue)

We all need to band together, this expansion is awful for what they did to older content.
    <- its actually quite the same, just takes 5 minutes again. So if the rewards would actually reflect that, i am all down for that.

<-- I am currently running APO I, APB1, TBR 2,3, HY 1,2... rest is defensive. Its actually quite durable. But a work in progress

best Regards

Once again this is you and YOUR opinion. No matter how many videos you post, the general attitude of the community is outrage. You want to play harder versions of the same STFs im cool with that, they should have added two more tiers not taken away what was there.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    And where do we get this magical other stuff to sell? They took away the drops from STFs, and the gear on normal anything was always meh anyway. Craft it? You need mats from Advanced. Or you can do Advanced... in order to get the gear you need to sell to get the gear you need to do Advanced.

See the issue? It's not that hard. They cut the rewards out or in the best case halved it, then gated the rest behind a difficulty that is impossible to do unless you already have the gear needed to do that difficulty. Yeah that makes sense.

Simply put, as I and others have been saying, you need the gear now to do advanced, but to get the gear you need to do advanced.

Fortunatly I personally already have the gear, and a fleet. But for anyone who doesn't have the gear or the fleet you might as well kiss either good bye.

Lots of ways, gotta find what works for you. But every time you try for a purple and get something else, sell it.

I doff for ec. I sell masses of whites and a few blues and purples. I farm crafting mats and sell them. I take advantage of once of a kind opportunities (bought aegis mk12, upgraded and resold first day of the giveaway event, by the second market was flooded).

Craft mark 2 purple consoles or blue upgrade kits and sell them, you don't need purple mats for that. Or craft components instead of the final product.

Ec farming is still viable, just slower. I recommend ambush missions not foundry farms.

Contraband never goes out of style.

I made 28 million leveling a romulan to 45 and selling drops, doffs, and doff by products plus boffs with operative. That's my personal record, I usually get 10 to 12 million, my low was two.

There's a million was to play the game and a million ways to sell what those other 999,999 people want that you have.

Edit: it's like keys, takes 200 on average to drop a ship, or just 65 to sell for the ec to buy one. Don't be the guy "opening boxes" with the crafting system unless it's what you enjoy.
  • zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok after playing STO for years now I am seeing the same pattern over and over again.

1) The devs and management at Cryptic/PWE decide to create the "Plan" to balance the game in favor of a minority of UBER players to satisfy them.

2) The "Plan" is developed for the minority of UBER players!

3) The "Plan" gets loaded on Tribble for testing.

4) The "Plan" ignores tester feedback from Tribble!

5) The "Plan" launches on Holodeck.

6) The "Plan" makes STO more of a grind or no longer FUN and ENJOYABLE for the 99.99999 % MAJORITY of players.

7) The "Plan" gets Washed, Rinsed, and Repeated forever!

I truly believed Cryptic/PWE was building the game to be playable by all. But I was mistaken!

To quote Spock, and maybe the devs and management of Cryptic/PWE need to read this again, ...

“The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few”

Cryptic/PWE please listen and correct the "Plan" !

:mad:

Zeus
  • shaokarshaokar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zeus16nbs wrote: »
    Ok after playing STO for years now I am seeing the same pattern over and over again.

1) The devs and management at Cryptic/PWE decide to create the "Plan" to balance the game in favor of a minority of UBER players to satisfy them.

2) The "Plan" is developed for the minority of UBER players!

2) The "Plan" gets loaded on Tribble for testing.

3) The "Plan" ignores tester feedback from Tribble!

4) The "Plan" launches on Holodeck.

5) The "Plan" makes STO more of a grind or no longer FUN and ENJOYABLE for the 99.99999 % MAJORITY of players.

6) The "Plan" gets Washed, Rinsed, and Repeated forever!

I truly believed Cryptic/PWE was building the game to be playable by all. But I was mistaken!

To quote Spock, and maybe the devs and management of Cryptic/PWE need to read this again, ...

“The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few”

Cryptic/PWE please listen and correct the "Plan" !

:mad:

Zeus

+1 And as well, bugs, bugs everywhere
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Devs, do not overreact and turn this game into "Defense of New Romulus v3.0"

That mission originally was a bit of a challenge and you made it into a snoozefest that the NPCs literally win it for you.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There is a stunning irony to the notion that, in order to defeat the Borg, you must fall acquiesce to the collective's conventional thought on how to pull it off.

There's no room for individuality when resisting the collective, I guess.
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Didnt someone from the Dev team mentioning that some gear was not working as intended and was reflecting stats as if it was Levle 80 gear a few weeks ago (Though its fixed now)?

Maybe the same error happend to the HP scaling.

To me the enemy NPC's look like they have been bumped up to Level 80 in HP scaling...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Didnt someone from the Dev team mentioning that some gear was not working as intended and was reflecting stats as if it was Levle 80 gear a few weeks ago (Though its fixed now)?

Maybe the same error happend to the HP scaling.

To me the enemy NPC's look like they have been bumped up to Level 80 in HP scaling...

Yup. And it was gecko who noted it

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1206461
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zeus16nbs wrote: »
    They ARE. Their priorities are just mucked up.

Also, nice color by the way. ;)
  • xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic, do not listen qq'ers minority. DO NOT make end game content like "1 minute pew pew on easy mode". Majority playing a game, enjoying DR, and has no reason to come to the forum.
    edited October 2014
    xlesha911 wrote: »
    Cryptic, do not listen qq'ers minority. DO NOT make end game content like "1 minute pew pew on easy mode". Majority playing a game, enjoying DR, and has no reason to come to the forum.

Nope, you are the minority and small one at that. No one is saying to take away the new modes, but they should be the level 60 normal and hard, the old normal and elite should have been left at 50. There is a compromise, why you "everything must be unbeatable and no one else can have the gear I have" players are so frustrating. You play for an unbelievable challenge, I play for enjoyment and moderate challenge. There is no reason we cant have tiers to achieve the same goals. Like for instance, the Omega stuff, keep the old payouts and STFs the same but with the 2 new ones, give out like 250-500 marks, buuut add stuff to the reward system like new borg tech R&D upgrades. We both have the same chance to get the same items but now HC players can get them 2-3 times faster while letting everyone else catch up.

Why it has to be this relentless grind and epeen measuring contest is beyond me. You play MMOs to be a part of a community, so why not act like one and work together to give the right feedback and make this game a good one.
This discussion has been closed.