test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

joystick/gamepad not working again RESOLVED

buayafederasibuayafederasi Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
after 9.5 patch, the joystick/game controller is not working again. please take a look on this issue.
thanks
Post edited by buayafederasi on

Comments

• kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Indeed, as with season 9, xbox controller works, logitech devices not so.
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same here... guess DR is on a delay for some of us. Oddly enough my logitech f310 doesn't work even when set to x-box mode. though because I use a custom keybind set for my controller I prefer direct input.

On another point, looked at the actual bind files, and button assignments have been changed to hex code, the same as the last time this happened.

Come on devs. not all players who rely on controllers can afford to go out and buy a $50 xbox controller and a $25 USB adapter to play STO. Stay with the directinput code and forget the x-input.
    @Powerblast in game
  • ariakistoariakisto Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    same issue here we even told them on tribble they messed it all up. one sad panda here.:mad:
    edited October 2014
    bump.. this should be a priority issue as it prevents a large number of players from being able to play at all.
    @Powerblast in game
  • azogossazogoss Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bump too last time it took well over a week before some of us could play again and to be honest this is unfair on a fair few players like you guys and myself.
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have a Xbox controller, and when I try to fly downward, the ship auto levels, and turns to the right as it does. I have talked with others who have had this problem, so it isn't just me.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same here, can't play until the controller is fixed.

Fail to understand why A) nothing was learned from last time and B) why Tribble reports were ignored. Do you even have a quality assurance team and if so why haven't you fired them yet? This is beyond old-joke now and simply pathetic.
    edited October 2014
    It does make it very hard for me to play, I've got messed up hands and I just can't cope with using the keyboard for any length of time.

I've remapped my stick to act as keys, but it's not a very good alternative.
    edited October 2014
    kazabok wrote: »
    It does make it very hard for me to play, I've got messed up hands and I just can't cope with using the keyboard for any length of time.

I've remapped my stick to act as keys, but it's not a very good alternative.

How do you do this?
    edited October 2014
    themarie wrote: »
    How do you do this?
    Using the program supplied with the stick, Logitech Gaming Software.
  • allanon1974allanon1974 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I confirm, the Joysticks don'T work, please fix it, without Joystick i have many problems to play.
  • magewarrior69magewarrior69 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    None of the X or Y joystick axis are working, just like the last update, really folks this is getting redundant, please "FIX" ASAP!!!!!
    edited October 2014
    Stick support is really needed for many disabled gamers, we covered all this last time it was broken.

Why isn't this tested before release?
    edited October 2014
    Can we get an update on this fixe I caint play like this what a mess
    edited October 2014
    kazabok wrote: »
    Stick support is really needed for many disabled gamers, we covered all this last time it was broken.

Why isn't this tested before release?

Must be Cryptic/PW hates disabled people. And by extension veterans because I am technically both.

I mean why attribute this to something like shoddy programming practices when you can attribute it to something as simple as "well only a tiny subset of our customers use this feature, **** 'em."
    edited October 2014
    I feel your pain,,,
    edited October 2014
    themarie wrote: »
    Must be Cryptic/PW hates disabled people. And by extension veterans because I am technically both.

I mean why attribute this to something like shoddy programming practices when you can attribute it to something as simple as "well only a tiny subset of our customers use this feature, **** 'em."

Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. So it could be either.
  • rakhohl#4803 rakhohl Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't think it is necessary to attack the developers about this. I seriously doubt that anyone who works at Cryptic hates disabled people or anyone else, and ranting about their personal beliefs, of which you are not privvy, does nothing to help resolve the issue.

I am having the same problem with my Logitch F310 Gamepad. Neither of the joysticks work. While it does not completely prevent me from playing the game, it does restrict what I can do. I'm not about to try any PVE content, for example.

While there are quite a few buggy issues with the release of DR, overall I think the expansion has gone pretty well. However, as this particular issue does affect a large group of players, and undoubtably affects various disabilities, I do agree this should take some priority, especially since it is a known issue that has been resolved in the recent past.
    lljAN7v.png
    edited October 2014
    rakhohl1 wrote: »
    I don't think it is necessary to attack the developers about this. I seriously doubt that anyone who works at Cryptic hates disabled people or anyone else, and ranting about their personal beliefs, of which you are not privvy, does nothing to help resolve the issue.

I am having the same problem with my Logitch F310 Gamepad. Neither of the joysticks work. While it does not completely prevent me from playing the game, it does restrict what I can do. I'm not about to try any PVE content, for example.

While there are quite a few buggy issues with the release of DR, overall I think the expansion has gone pretty well. However, as this particular issue does affect a large group of players, and undoubtably affects various disabilities, I do agree this should take some priority, especially since it is a known issue that has been resolved in the recent past.

Though I doubt this time it was intentional. The dev team should have known how to prevent this as the same thing happened last time. The simple fact they used the same code that didn't work with the season 9 launch is key that someone dropped the ball.
    @Powerblast in game
  • astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For the record, the update has impacted Xbox controller support for me:

Since the update, the neutral position of the controller is not always registering as neutral. Intermittently it causes slow walks or unwanted turns in space combat, in which it is a particularly inconvenient bug (resulting in great difficulty maintaining proper firing arcs).

Bug reported in-game as well.
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
    edited October 2014
    I think I should add that I get absolutely no response from my Logitech F310 in either direct or x-box mode. It may be because I have remapped literally every possible button combo in the controller but there should be something.
    @Powerblast in game
  • vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Joystick not working...and I really want to fly my new ship :(
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
    edited October 2014
    If you have a controller that is switchable between direct input and x-input in controller settings enable both controllers AND x-box controllers and set your controller to x-box. the sticks and dir pad should work and the buttons, though if you customized the buttons for d-mode the a,b,x and y may be remapped slightly.

Try it and see if it works.
    @Powerblast in game
  • rvt00rvt00 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Works when getting the sticks to work again on my Logitech F310 but customized other buttons. I don't know way every season or expansion update breaks the controller feature and takes weeks to fix.
  • n8pu#8193 n8pu Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    Though I doubt this time it was intentional. The dev team should have known how to prevent this as the same thing happened last time. The simple fact they used the same code that didn't work with the season 9 launch is key that someone dropped the ball.

I have to agree that someone dropped the ball again. I use my Logitech F350 for ground, so I can get limited use from it in the "X" position, I also combine that with my G13 and can decent results, it's still not a good as in the direct mode. Hopefully it won't take them a couple of weeks to add back in the support for them, I won't be surprised if it does though, considering their 'regular' patches only happen once a week. :(
  • kong0086120kong0086120 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still not fixed.... I'm surprised...not
    edited October 2014
    ID love a dev response on this reocurring issue. Happens over and over with patches.

When will it be fixed ??? so a lot of us can play again.

We told them about this issue like 6 weeks back on test and they put it in anyway.
    edited October 2014
    ariakisto wrote: »
    ID love a dev response on this reocurring issue. Happens over and over with patches.

When will it be fixed ??? so a lot of us can play again.

We told them about this issue like 6 weeks back on test and they put it in anyway.

Not only did they know about it, but knew the code they were trying to use didn't work because the same thing that happened happened last time. Right down to the controller button labels in the Bind Save files being converted to hex addresses instead of actual button assignments such as "Ab" or "Joy1" etc.

And while those with d to X-switchable controllers may get some stick control back, the button layout for a, b, x, and y is totally different so tray assignments would be messed up, and those of us with custom setups can't edit the bind files without knowing what hex codes refer to what buttons, and there are too many button combos to even attempt to decipher.

Besides that still leaves those with direct input only controllers out, a situation I myself would be in if I hadn't just recently bought a new F310 as my Dual action was starting to wear out.

But all my custom binds, which literally remapped all my buttons so I divided the 3 X 10 tray into 6 5
    button sections, custom shield and throttle triggers, Carrier controls, etc but all programmed for direct input mode which is set up based on the direct input mode button positions and not x-box.

Here's a hint devs, don't try to "fix" what isn't broken, it ends up with you breaking things worse.
    @Powerblast in game
    edited October 2014
    Hi Iv received no responce from my support ticker and see no responce here yet:(.
    I use logitec joystick and its working fine in all other games.
    When can we get this fixed ???

Ohh well guess Ill down load arch age and play their till then. I even bought a pinical game profiler to try and get a work around working but no luck since the commands in game are broken yet again.
  • toppiegtrstoppiegtrs Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ever since Arc had been updated/loaded with STO Delta Rising , I have lost complete control of my Logitech Extreme Pro joystick. I have tested it on at least 2 other PC games - working perfectly.
    Going into the Options menu on line, and selecting Controllers, I have Joystick selected/activated. But I am given options ONLY to UNMAP Joystick functions. The joystick seems completely inactive - screen does not respond to any movements made with Joystick.
    Please advise ASAP.
    Regards