test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifers, did you purchse Delta Rising

Comments

• redstarsweredstarswe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You know, I would, but even though I can afford it I don't know if it's worth those kind of $. Do we even know what the stats are for the ships included in the pack? I am flying the Chimera now and that ship has got the exact boff layout that I want. If there is a single ship in that pack that matches that, I'll buy, otherwise not.
    A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not yet, no.

I'll consider ibuying the Ops Pack with dil-traded Zen if it goes Z store soon after launch since, to be fair, the pack looks like a decent mark-down on the individual items.

Otherwise, as noted by many others, I can't justify dropping that amount of real money on the game in one go.

On a wider note I don't feel disenfranchised by the level cap. The Vet Destroyers still get a free T5U upgrade and a re still reasonable ships, so we've lost nothing.
  • adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    staq16 wrote: »
    Not yet, no.

I'll consider ibuying the Ops Pack with dil-traded Zen if it goes Z store soon after launch since, to be fair, the pack looks like a decent mark-down on the individual items.

Otherwise, as noted by many others, I can't justify dropping that amount of real money on the game in one go.

On a wider note I don't feel disenfranchised by the level cap. The Vet Destroyers still get a free T5U upgrade and a re still reasonable ships, so we've lost nothing.

I'm sure it will but it will be 2500 or 3000 zen per ship.
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gar1979 wrote: »
    I know others have asked, so I am too, since I am entitled to create threads here. :rolleyes:

Also, if I purchase a life account, will I be allowed to feel entitled to a more validated opinion on the forums along with you? Discuss, and troll away :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Also, roll your eyes if you have a problem

that there is already enough to consider reporting this thread. but luckily your attempting a bad joke and i can see that.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No, not enough Romulan/KDF content for me.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • rakhohl#4803 rakhohl Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I did purchase it, yes, and I am perfectly happy with that choice. I have 3 Feds, a Klingon, a Frommie and a Krommie. I plan to use all of the ships, to some extent. Plus, new Boffs for each crew, upgrade tokens (which I won't need many of since most of my crew fly Vet ships). Plus, I'm hopeful the new Intelligence Uniforms look good on my Frommie, because I don't really care for any of his current options. I do like the Klingon/Romulan uniform, though.

Unlike the vocal minority on these forums, I really do like the game and am happy to support it when I feel they are offereing a good deal. I'm not the type that has to have MK XIV Epic gear on Day 1 to enjoy the game. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, mind you, just not for me.

I have only done a little testing on Tribble because I didn't want to see everything in advance. What I have done has been fun and I'm looking forward to Delta Rising, tomorrow.
    lljAN7v.png
  • hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No.

I have a MOT coming up so need money for that. Pretty sure I need one of my tires replaced so again more money.

I only bought lifetime because back then I had no bills. These days £125 is just too big of a chunk of money to waste on virtual items.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    im not going after DR, have had no interest in buying it since it was announced, still got no interest in it. besides two companies are fighting for my attention to give me a job in the real world anyways, either way i need to keep my money handy for travel costs and stuff to keep me from going hungry and thirsty each day. so there it is.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was not going to buy it as I I didn't feel that I wanted to spend that kind of money. But then my wife went and bought it with her money.....
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I did, but I got a good deal on it. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.
    I need a beer.

• aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    During LOR , we got KDF content , so I purchased the two lower tier Bop's as a thank you to Cryptic .

For & toward DR , I got no KDF content , got my STF awards scr3wd with , got the Doff UI messed with and got a crafting system that will take me as long as it took us to finish our Starbase .

Yeah ... , I'm keeping my cash for now . :cool:

.... having said that , I'm likely to pick up the KDF Intel cruiser when it's on sale ... in a year from now ...
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nope. I did enter the giveaways, though I don't expect to win. I'll buy one of the ships, and probably the costumes.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nope. No DR pack for me. I bought the LoR pack and with "20/20 hindsight" now I consider it to have been not worth the price. And DR pack seems even less valuable.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,298 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No, I think the new ships are fugly (eye of the beholder yada yada)

I play STO for the ships created in each series, not those dreamed up by Cryptic.

That's me anyway, I'm sure lots of other people love the new ships.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nope. I will keep flying my free upgraded lobi/lockbox ships and then get some T6 fleet/ lockbox ships.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I got it. It has a bunch of cool stuff in it. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    chalpen wrote: »
    I didn't buy it sadly. It is a fed pack.
    I dont have fed characters

its not really a fed pack its for all factions though to be honest it has got more fed ships in it, having said that unless you have at least 2 factions one of fed + 1 other its not good value for you.
    of course the players that will benefit most are ones who have characters in all 3 factions.

now to answer the question, I am waiting to see the results of the compo, I will decide what to do after that.
    I`m hoping it will go to the c-store soon cos I have a bunch of zen to help get it.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• hornet6hornet6 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can sell water to a drowning man, oil and sand to the Saudis, and any expansion pack by using one sentence: "Includes red matter capacitir"
    ANOTHER NERF !?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hornet6 wrote: »
    I can sell water to a drowning man, oil and sand to the Saudis, and any expansion pack by using one sentence: "Includes red matter capacitir"
    capacitir?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    NO, this time round im saving my cash for better things..
    1 - my sons birthday today.
    2 - my wifes birthday on the 18th.
    3 - my 42nd birthday on the 27th
    4 - PAX convention here in melbourne Australia starting the 31st of october..
    so yeh, i have much better things to be spending my money on rather than a whole heap of ships and extra's for all my alts that will hardly get used,I'll be content to eventually upgrade the single ships that most of my v.a's prefer to fly.....

You forgot MY Birthday on the 22nd. :D
    anazonda wrote: »
    technically, you aren't entitled to create threads on subjects that are already being discussed in other threads with the same content within the past 30 days.
    It's part of the TOS that you read and signed off on when you joined the game.

That said: I havn't seen a thread being as specific as yours is, so...

No... I did not buy DR pack... Ever... not now, not in the future.

Nobody has started a thread asking Lifetime Members specifically, if they bought the DR Pack. So "technically" it isn't a repeat of another thread.

I'm waiting till They announce the winners today, just on the off-chance I get one.
    But I'll probably buy one tonight when I get home from work.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes I did to give the game one more chance. I've not been happy at all since the F2P conversion and well if the development direction does not change after this next year I may well move on. It is already very hard for me to stay in game now longer than two hours at most cycling through alts which I HATE but I have no choice since I cant really progress well on my main due to the time-gates on everything now...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I didn't buy the DR offer just because there didn't seem to be enough in it that I was looking for. Part of the problem is that they're hailing 6 as the new ships, but I really don't know what those ships are capable of doing so that I'd want them. It makes buying new ships kind of gray area for me, so that I'm left just doing stuff with my old ships until I know more.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    Nobody has started a thread asking Lifetime Members specifically, if they bought the DR Pack. So "technically" it isn't a repeat of another thread.

I am not sure why repeating basically what I said was nessacary?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • rearllrearll Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm a lifer and I did buy the pack, yes.
  • philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i did buy the the pack and i'm lifer. i'll support sto anyway i can just like tor i plan buying the expanison asa i can money tight right now
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gar1979 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    Yes I paid for DR rising. An LTS since week two.
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I bought a lifetime membership when it was on sale, and I bought an Ops pack yesterday because I thought it was a good deal while it was on a pre-release sale. I play this game regularly, I want to support those developing it, and I enjoy getting a potential advantage in the game as a result.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I didn't, but it was factional preference more than money-there wasn't enough that I would use to justify $125. For Federation primaries with multiple Federation alts, it's a good deal. Not so much for the rest of us.
    Break it down and the cost savings is there.

But, like I tell my wife when she comes back and says "I saved $20 off a $100 outfit" I point out she spent $80 for a bit of cloth costing $75 down the road. It's worth it to her, I can tease her about it and she me my vices, and in the end it was worth it to both of us for a family to be happy.

Never spend money, never have a life. Fat lot that does anyone fermenting in a concrete box.
  • ratonhaggedonratonhaggedon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not buying this pack since i dont have a job. (hire me!)

it would be worth it since the individual ships are probably going to be 2k zen each (or higher) but hopefully they have fleet versions forthe modules so i can grind for it.

nowhere near enough ships for my toons and i have lobi and lockbox ships to upgrade freely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]