test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifers, did you purchse Delta Rising

gar1979gar1979 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
I know others have asked, so I am too, since I am entitled to create threads here. :rolleyes:

Also, if I purchase a life account, will I be allowed to feel entitled to a more validated opinion on the forums along with you? Discuss, and troll away :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Also, roll your eyes if you have a problem
Post edited by gar1979 on

Comments

• Options
    tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I did buy a Delta Rising Operations Pack but a common mistake people make is that the Pack is the ships and the expansion. The pack is only the ships. I also play all 3 factions pretty actively so all the ships help me out.
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    NO, this time round im saving my cash for better things..
    1 - my sons birthday today.
    2 - my wifes birthday on the 18th.
    3 - my 42nd birthday on the 27th
    4 - PAX convention here in melbourne Australia starting the 31st of october..
    so yeh, i have much better things to be spending my money on rather than a whole heap of ships and extra's for all my alts that will hardly get used,I'll be content to eventually upgrade the single ships that most of my v.a's prefer to fly.....
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No. I like my current ships.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    sorojisoroji Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I did, then again I'm still "new" but it will probably be the only pack I ever buy to be completely honest.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No. I'm not interested to buy ships that will be made obsolete unless you pay or something when the next level cap comes.

I'll use my stipend/dil from now on for my purchases, and I will not spend any money in this game anymore. I'm quite bored to move from one cash grab to another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As a Romulan, there only 2 things in a pack that interested me - 2 ships, which are not so good, not worth that money.
    2010 is my join date.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No one bought Delta Rising.. Delta Rising is free.

The thing for sale is the Operations Pack, not Delta Rising.

To answer the question, I absolutely did not buy it. Looking at what is contained in the pack, I value it at less then 1/3 of the asking price.

The only ships I even kind of like are the Guardian and one of the Romulan ships.

I do however, plan to upgrade 2 of my T5 ships.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I didn't buy it sadly. It is a fed pack.
    I dont have fed characters
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    desade1desade1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No. I run 2 "Mains". One is Rom FED and one is Rom KDF, so not worth it for me. Admittedly I am more Minmaxer than Fanboy...
  • Options
    fangwolf1fangwolf1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have a lot of toons and as such I figured hey why not buy this pack. Will be the only pack I will ever buy I think. Its only worth it for me for the t6 fed ships as I only have 2 Romulan toons and 1 kiligon
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Did not buy the pack. The ships are ugly. I don't want to fly any of them. The whole intelligence officer thing and all the other TRIBBLE they're throwing into the game to make it more convoluted is turning me off. I'm just going to take it down a notch and become a more casual player than before. Maybe use my stipend to upgrade ships.
  • Options
    drakie79drakie79 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Do not really use my Fed or Rom too much myself these days, KDF ships are not so good (in my opinion) so I will avoid them. Dauntless looks ok, it seems to be the only ship of much interest...and for me it highlights why most of us play, to use ships/gear/characters from Star Trek.
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No purchase here. Not because the pack is not interesting (it is, I even like the new ships and bonuses that it offers), but the current (and forthcoming) state of the game is rather disappointing.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No. There's maybe 2 ships I'd actually want from it anyway.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have ton of Zen waiting for the Operations Pack in the c-store. I do hope it gets there at launch this time, not like the LoR pack was handled. :(

I also wouldn't mind winning one. :D
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was going to say no, actually I did say no, even though I did like the Dauntless. A family member bought mine, and I'm greatful because it is new shinies (my condition prevents me from getting out much, seriously, it does so any little entertainment bundle is good for me since I'm stuck at home so much)

Do I think they added enough for it to be worth it? Yes and Nope. Yes from the standpoint of the number of ships you're getting (because you know they will be like $25 each at least) Nope in that I think they could have put more upgrades at the very least considering dilithium grinding has always been a problem in this title, or even special ground weapons (special in skin and design not in function or power creep) or even pets. Trust me people will pay for pets, I've played many a game and sometimes pets alone make the sale. I know people right now in GW2 who are buying gems this week to get pets in the store that cost hundreds of gold.

Since my family member bought it for me it will finally give me an excuse to play my klingon character that's always struggled with gear.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    technically, you aren't entitled to create threads on subjects that are already being discussed in other threads with the same content within the past 30 days.
    It's part of the TOS that you read and signed off on when you joined the game.

That said: I havn't seen a thread being as specific as yours is, so...

No... I did not buy DR pack... Ever... not now, not in the future.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    no i didnt buy the delta op pack because it only has 2 kdf ships. im not paying all that cash for 2 ships. i wanted the doffs but again its not worth all that money. nice try, try harder cryptic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cyberpenguin73cyberpenguin73 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I didn't plan to buy it but then I decided to do the math just for my Fed and Rom, 7 ships at what will probably be 3000 zen each. Basically came down to $210 for all 7 or $120 for the 4 I really want vs $125 for the whole thing, so I went with the pack. The other extras in the pack are just a bonus.
  • Options
    apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hell yeah, I did! New shinies :D
  • Options
    banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At first, i wasn't going to buy it, simply because i intended to upgrade all my current ships. At first my thinking was "the only way you are prying me out of my Vesta is if you make a Dauntless!"

Then, after seeing the sheer volume of baseless fanboy hatred at this so-called desecration of all that we hold dear in our beloved Star Trek, i decided to get it out of pure spite and bloody-mindedness. :D

But seriously, i was tempted for the sheer value of it, and i bought it about 2 days before the added the Dauntless (Squee!)

I have characters in all 3 factions who can make use of the ships, and it'll be nice to have so many vessels to mess about with and earn the ship traits.
    Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
  • Options
    pwemetaqpwemetaq Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yep, I tested DR on Tribble and I enjoyed it very much that's why I bought the pack.

No! I'm not part of their payroll. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yup. Let's hope I actually end up playing them :p. The Romulan Battle Cruiser is very likely to become a favorite for me, at least visually.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nope.. I didn't.

1. I'm just interested in 2-3 ships of that pack (Guardian, Faeht and perhaps the Qib).
    2. I don't want to support things, that I don't like (aka Eclipse, Phantom, Scryer).
    3. After the purchase of LoR, I promised not to get the next Expansion, if server stability and general bug squishing doesn't significantly improve. Well, even though I think both did improve a bit, it's not yet enough for me to justify investing that much money.

I will re-evalute further monetary support after the release of DR.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I want to buy it and have good reason to as I have 7 characters across all factions but I'm afraid of another poster said, that I may not play with any of them on my alts. If the price comes down a bit, perhaps I will buy it. Plus the design of the Fed Intel ships are sub-par at best. I would like a bit more production value for $125.
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In Sovjet Russia, Delta Rising purchases YOU! :P

Anyway, nope, didn't buy it. Don't care about silly titles, and I want experts to reports on the T6 ships first before I buy any.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    I have ton of Zen waiting for the Operations Pack in the c-store. I do hope it gets there at launch this time, not like the LoR pack was handled. :(

I also wouldn't mind winning one. :D

I saw the thread and was tempted to post, so I sat down and read what others had said. Turns out someone else had the exact same feelings I did. So I decided not to post.

Wait a tick...

;)
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.