test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exit Game, and Launcher starts 'patching'

well this is strange. Just exited game, and the launcher immediately popped back up and started patching. Size of patch is 3267mb, so I'm guessing that's the whole game.
I didn't cancel, god knows what that would have caused, but i have no idea why this happened, and lets be honest, if it's going to affect lot's of people, your forums are about to explode lol.
Post edited by zombiedeadheaded on

Comments

• zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, just tried logging in after this 'patch', and it immediately started patching again, the same amount. HELP.
  • bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yup, happens to everybody when a new season is coming. BTW, the game size must be around 15gb right now, not 3,6...
    edited October 2014
    Really annoying the speed the launcher is using to update the game. Ow, it must be downloading at 20kb/s... :confused::mad:
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Really annoying the speed the launcher is using to update the game. Ow, it must be downloading at 20kb/s... :confused::mad:

Something like that. I guess I'll go to sleep with it downloading.

Very annoying. :(
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    11 days before launch ? Seems a bit early if it is indeed the pre-patch ?
  • ausblueboyausblueboy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    same happening here wonder whats it for?:confused:
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you're annoyed by the Delta Rising pre-patching, just patch Tribble the same way you patch holodeck after each thursday update.

Then you'll have barely anything to pre-patch after you leave the game.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    If you're annoyed by the Delta Rising pre-patching, just patch Tribble the same way you patch holodeck after each thursday update.

Then you'll have barely anything to pre-patch after you leave the game.

I have been, but todays Pre-patch was still 6528 MB's.
    (only took about 8 minutes)

That's still a lot.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2014
    It is a good idea, the pre-patcher, downloading when we shut down for the night. Especially since the downloader is pathetic.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    I have been, but todays Pre-patch was still 6528 MB's.
    (only took about 8 minutes)

That's still a lot.

:cool:

Curious. I too have had 3 GB showing, but only a couple dozen MB dowloaded before the pre-patch ended.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • knockyknocky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Curious. I too have had 3 GB showing, but only a couple dozen MB dowloaded before the pre-patch ended.

I get 4% and then it just stops and switches over to Ready ---> Engage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    knocky wrote: »
    I get 4% and then it just stops and switches over to Ready ---> Engage.

You guys are so lucky. I needed to wait about 45 minutes for the patch to finish. It was patching 3gb, but the download speed was ridiculous.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well looks like they're doing small patch push instead of just one full patch push onto your system. But with every patch fix there is going to me a lot more patches in a day. Log-in Patch Push and Exit - Patch Push. For the up coming DR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You guys are so lucky. I needed to wait about 45 minutes for the patch to finish. It was patching 3gb, but the download speed was ridiculous.

Your modem firmware up to date? If not contact your ISP and find out if there is modem firmware update. Also make sure there is not HDD errors on Windows PC. Run chkdsk C: /F (requires and Y or N answer and reboot the system to run the chkdsk for errors plus the fix). After this you run defrag C: /C or use your favorite cleaner program.

Mine is quick for the patch pushes...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nothing against the fact of pre patching before a new season or major update, but each time when you log out is a bit too much to be good. And it's not only when you log out, but now also each time you log in.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
    edited October 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    Your modem firmware up to date? If not contact your ISP and find out if there is modem firmware update. Also make sure there is not HDD errors on Windows PC. Run chkdsk C: /F (requires and Y or N answer and reboot the system to run the chkdsk for errors plus the fix). After this you run defrag C: /C or use your favorite cleaner program.

Mine is quick for the patch pushes...

Yeah dude, my modem and my internet connection are perfect. That is a resume. Its the patcher that can be really fast or really slow. Im not the only one who had the bad luck to pick the slow timer. And it can happen to me, or to anyone else.

Pd.: You forgot to tell me to format my hard drive... :P
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited October 2014
    you guys might want to take a look here before going mad and annoyed...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19733221&postcount=17

From Taco: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3929/15446582226_8736dd6412_c.jpg

Yes this is the Pre-Patching for Dela Rising... depending on your patching style full patcher or on-demand patcher, your size download will be different for Delta Rising:

For me I like to patch everything so my Downloads are usually in the 6gb+
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I prefer the bulk download however each time I've closed down sto and the preload has started its gone back to needing the 6 gigs every time.

Speed wise it's limping along at the rate I'd expect but whatever it's getting it's not keeping.
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still crashing.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • shoxellshoxell Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    File Verification feature in launcher isn't working properly. Ideally these problems should be solved by running re-verification against the server and download any missing/corrupted chunk of files automatically. Sucks to have to uninstall and reinstall every time.