test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggest -A-Build for our STO Livestreams!

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Academy
Hailing Captains, Commanders and Warriors!

Ever joined our Livestreams and thought of a build for Space or Ground Combat that you would like to suggest? Want to see how a ship with an incredible build of your design might fair live in an official STO Broadcast?

Well now is your chance to do so!

With the work accounts for CaptainSmirk and LaughingTrendy, we have mostly special mission rewards and lockbox and lobi equipment/gear for the purpose of showing it during our regular broadcasts. We have some favorites and always love to show off the newest coolest gear, but we would love to test out some super fan builds suggested by you, our players!

Send us your ideas for a full special build, for PvP, PvE, ground space whichever you have a great plan to build. Let us know what you yourselves use or would like to if you could get access to all the working parts.

Got a build for full Space setup? Captain traits, sets; weapons, devices, consoles, gear, hangar pets... and don't forget your active BOff stations and you active Space DOff crew.

What about a build for Ground Combat? Traits, Specliazation Skills, Armor, PSG, weapons, Away Team BOffs/powers, Ground DOffs?

Don't forget that these suggestions can be for any Faction, Class, Ship etc. Don't worry about limiting yourselves to any one type :)

If you have some suggestions for awesome builds, lets see what you've got and test it out! Special shout outs to users who get their builds played live!

Place your suggestions here and we will start seeing what the community can come up with!

Now word of warning to everyone, these suggestions are meant to be a fun community initiative, and the posts here are to be considered as suggestions, not law. There is no right or wrong build suggestion, so lets keep in mind that we are not here to tear each other apart over a difference of opinion. Let's keep it constructive and keep it fun!

Thanks for participating everyone, we are really looking forward to testing this out soon!

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    aversa1aversa1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I believe the answer here is a phaser build with 4x DBB TOS phasers up front and Phased Polaron Beam Arrays in the rear. Doesn't matter which ship it is as long as it has 7 slots and makes a lot of noise!
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mat'ha raptor, enhanced bio torp, KCB, assimilated module, heavy disruptor bio turret, elite fleet disruptor DBB, elite fleet disruptor DHC x3, assimilated module, elite fleet adaptive resilient shields (CAP), Assimilated subtranswarp engines and deflector, Undine tac console, Undine rep uni console, 3x Vulnerability Locator (DIS), 3X fleet neutronium alloy console (any), Heavy Disruptor Nose Cannons console. All gear upgraded to MK 14 gold.

Nimbus distress call, RMC, maybe some weapons batteries.

BOFFS: 3X Romulan Operative fleet embassy boffs; try to get SRO, RO, Basic RO, Infiltrator, Superior Infiltrator, and Subterfuge traits. One Nausicaan boff for the damage bonus.

BOFF abilities: TT1, BO2
    THY1, CRF1, BO3, CSV3
    ET1, EPTW2, RSP1
    HE1, IT2
    ST1, TB2.

Should be the ultimate "Hold still while I ambush you and pummel you into dust" ship.
  • Options
    spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 244 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    Very nice! Showing a decent build will greatly help some in the playerbase. Some are seeing the builds that have been used, and mimicking them, which is not helping them at all. They're limiting what they can do, which will hurt them when the new queues are out. Showing them an extremely powerful build will hopefully show them how powerful a ship can be, and hopefully influence them to improve more.

Captain Type: Tactical - Romulan - Federation Allied
    Ship: Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird (T5-U)

Fore Weapons:
    5x [Antiproton Beam Array MK XIV [Ac/Dm] [CrtD]x4]

Aft Weapons:
    2x [Antiproton Beam Array MK XIV [Ac/Dm] [CrtD]x4]
    1x [Kinetic Cutting Beam MK XIV [Ac/Dm] [Dmg]x4]
    Deflector:
    [Counter Command Deflector Array MK XIV]

Impulse:
    [Romulan Advanced Prototype Impulse Engines MK XIV]

Singularity Core:
    [Elite Fleet Reinforced Singularity Core Mk XIV [SingC] [Res] [SCap] [AMP] [SST]]

Shields:
    [Dyson Regenerative Shield Array Mk XIV]

Devices:
    [Red Matter Capacitor]
    [Prototype Ablative Jevonite Hardpoints]
    [Battery - Weapons and Auxiliary]
    [Subspace Field Modulator]
    [Nimbus Pirate Distress Call] - Have this in your inventory, show them it works from your inventory, they can save a slot and use a battery or something.

Engineering Consoles:
    [Console - Universal - Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator]
    [Console - Universal - Assimilated Module Mk XIV]
    [Console - Universal - Plasmonic Leech]

Science Consoles:
    [Console - Universal - Nukara Particle Converter Mk XIV]
    [Console - Universal - Proton Particle Stabilizer Mk XIV]
    [Console - Zero-Point Energy Conduit Mk XIV]

Tactical Consoles:
    5x[Console - Tactical - Vulnerability Locator Mk XIV [+AP]]

Hangar Bay:
    [Hangar - Elite Romulan Drone Ship]

Boff Layout:

4x Romulans with Superior Romulan Operative
    1x Reman with Superior Infiltrator

Lt Cmdr Universal (Tac): Tac Team 1 | AP: Beta 1 | FaW 3
    Ensign Universal (Eng): EPtWeapons 1
    Cmdr Tac: Tac Team 1 | AP: Beta 1 | FaW 3 | AP: Omega 3
    Lt Eng: EPtWeapons 1 | Directed Energy Modulation 1
    Lt Sci: Hazard Emitters 1 | Tractor Beam Repulsors 1

Doffs:

1x Conn Officer - Zemok Jenro - 15% CD reduction for Attack Patterns
    2x Conn Officer - Chance for +Accuracy, + Perception for Tactical Team
    1x Energy Weapons Officer - Dicrok - 5% chance to gain shield power when firing energy weapons
    1x Marion Frances Dulmur - Reduces weapon power drain with DEM
    1x Warp Core Engineer - Keel'el - Chance to remove debuffs when EPtX ability is activated

Personal Traits:

Accurate
    Biotech Patch
    Romulan Operative
    Fluidic Coccoon
    Helmsman
    Inspirational Leader
    Intense Focus
    Momentum
    Wing Commander

Reputation Traits:

Reactive Ship Repairs
    Advanced Targeting Systems
    Precision
    Auxiliary Power Configuration - Offense

Active Reputation:

Quantum Singularity Manipulation
    Refracting Tetryon Cascade
    Bio-Molecular Shield Generator
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm no expert in space builds... but you and I both favor Science characters, so I can give you a decent Ground setup. It'll be basically the same thing I use on my Fed Sci, Rygo.

First off is the MACO set. Not Adapted, normal. Adapted is good for Tac, who don't have a lot of healing power but can excel with a Pulsewave and Grenades. Regular MACO, however, is really the best set a Science Captain could ask for. It has good damage resists, a team DR buff, and a shield heal - something Science characters, even with Medical Vanguard, sorely lack. Get all 3 pieces. You'll use the rifle as a Secondary weapon for its longer range and Exploit capability.

My primary weapon on Holodeck is a Romulan Plasma Pulsewave Mk XII [CrtX]x2. For a Dilithium Store weapon, it performs as well, if not BETTER, than some Reputation gear. When it crits, it crits HARD. I've had the Secondary Flank Crit for over 1100 (and if I recall, that was vanilla - no DR debuffs on the target or Aim buffs). It also gives excellent AoE. Used with the Kit and Modules to follow, you can merc most low-level squads single-handedly. However, come Delta Rising, I intend to replace it with the Disruptor Compression Rifle. Also, get a Tholian Crystalline Sword from the Nukara rep in case you find yourself in a situation of needing a Melee weapon. Swap it as needed with whichever weapon you feel you need the least at the time.

For Devices, run a Gambling Device, some Hypos, a Shard of Possibilities, and an Ophidian Cane. I break this rule myself, replacing the Cane with my Frosted Boots, but that's personal taste.

For your Kit bag, I'm quite partial to the Xindi Science Kit Mk XII [Part] [Weapon] [ExpHit]. The Part will allow your Damage-based modules to do more. Weapon will boost your weapons, and ExpHit increases all of your Expose chances. This allows you to Expose more, allowing any teammate with an Exploit weapon - even yourself - to get more Exploit hits. The Kit I use has a 2/1/2 split, I think. If not, then it's a 3/2 favoring Research.

You want the following modules: Electro-Gravitic Field, Exo-Thermal Induction Field (your bread and butter AoE combo, combine with Pulsewave or Wide Beam to taste), Energy Inversion Matrix (from the Xindi Lockbox, a ridiculously useful Kit module against most bosses), Triage and Nanite Health Monitor (for added durability).

The only DOff you really NEED is Dathan, the Biochemist from Facility 4028, since he's a DR shredder. I also run the purple Risian Geologist (the one that gives Exothermal a Root chance) and three Nurses. (Speaking of, pass on to the Devs that I really wish you could slot multiple Biochemists if they have different effects - if this ever happens, get another Biochemist to give Nanite Health Monitor more charges)

Traits, I run the Mental Acuity 8472 Trait (+10% bonus damage from Aiming), Indominable from Nukara (+10% HP), Deadly Aim from Dyson (+ Crit Severity, don't recall the number), and Lethality from Rom Rep (+Crit Chance). I also run the Physical Strength and Telekinesis Traits, as those are favorites of mine, but that is entirely personal taste - feel free to slot your own favorites.

The point of this build is to be moderately durable while dishing out a lot of AoE damage. You basically want to be self-sufficient. KEEP NANITE HEALTH MONITOR ON COOLDOWN. You always want to have that buff on you, it's a HUGE life-saver. For most mobs, lead with Grav and Exo-Thermal Fields, then Sprint in, aim, and hit them with an Arcwave or Wide Beam Setting. This, combined with the DR debuff from the Biochem DOff, should drop many low-level mobs. For bosses (like the V-Rex in the Battleground), lead with Nanoprobe Infestation, Tricorder Scan, then your normal combo. Cycle them as you can for maximum effect. Triage as needed if you need extra heals or want to heal an ally.

I find the build to work fairly well, on your own and in team situations. Solo, it makes you a fatal enemy that's tough to kill. With a team, it allows you some enemy control and a lot of DR debuffing - which makes your team do well. And the moderate healing power and Expose potential is very useful.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Since he's all powerful, he could epic mk XIV a bunch of Dominion Polaron beam arrays and run a 4 sci/5 tac console ship with 3 epic embassy flow caps consoles and 5 sprie vulnerability locator consoles and make those shields melt like butter. Throw in an R&D RCS flow console, Part gens [Flow ] console, and heck, lets cheese it up and use the particle manipulator R&D trait with TBR+FBP for extra lolz.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'll actually watch a livestream if KDF gets a T6 bop lol.
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A most obvious one for me to put forward is my ground-focused melee-wielding Science Gorn in the IKS Zogozin.

Here he is in all his Gorny splendor!

90,000 points in ground, along with all the current top-tier reputation bonuses available, and a bunch of good old-fashioned & fun lockbox traits thanks to the exchange. Mk XII Honor Guard set, Shard of Kahless (obviously), 424 shields with 582 health jumping to 703 health when traits are activated.

There's something to be said for watching an Elite Borg Drone get taken down by a single, crit Bite completed with a cloud of Bite Green saliva. That's some serious halitosis...

Even worse, despite the fairly low points in space, it still performs perfectly well in PvE missions thanks to all the shield-stripping, toxin-oozing chemistry available at the Zogozin's disposal. Green goo for everyone!

Ground doffs: Ledrene (increased dmg vs Borg), Dae Maron (chance to knock down on melee attack), Malor (increased duration of tricorder debuff), Dathan (damage resistance debuff), Lluthit (increase max hit point chance on use of medical tricorder).

Got to say, my most memorable moment was just a few days ago in Defera Invasion Zone, when this fully-buffed toon was being attacked by two Elite Tactical Drones, killed one, and I had to give chase to the Borg that was... running away :cool:
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here is a variant of my Vacuum Bastion:
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=vacuumbastion_0

It showcases several of the lockbox and lobi gadgets that are a bit less common - along with a playstyle that is fairly rare. Additionally, it's a very durable setup(actively tanking the entire wrath the Tholian Red Alert without cracking or retreating is about its upper limit) and should be difficult to die with in a livestream setting.

Be sure to check the Description tab for playstyle tips and the build's only additional requirement - the Graga Mal/Falla Okev Duty Officer(another lockbox goodie that can be showcased).
  • Options
    nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    BSG'Quv!
    Any Vo'quv carrier, with small-craft fighters.
    Front: 1x phaser DC, 1x phaser DHC, Ferengi Rapid Fire Missile Launcher (cannons can also be both DC or both DHC)
    Aft: 3x phaser turret
    Boff powers: torp spread and CSV required, everything else up to you. I'd recommend a grav well if you can, helps keep everything in your CSV cone.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Great suggestions so far... keep 'em coming!

I will post some specific challenges too for different characters that we use, with certain Ship types, BOffs and DOff that we have to help narrow down some of these choices to see what we can demo with what we already have unlocked.

Once we get some of our current builds fleshed out, I can start branching out for specific ship and gear demos!

Thanks everyone!
    ~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Get a cruiser.

Get 8 beam arrays of different colors.

Get the spire consoles for all damage types.

Get FAW.

Taste the rainbow.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    Get a cruiser.

Get 8 beam arrays of different colors.

Get the spire consoles for all damage types.

Get FAW.

Taste the rainbow.

LoL

Been there, done that, made Zone Chat explode.

Plus, you forgot the Hargh'peng giant pink torpedo

All in all a great build :)
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My favorite build is an all rainbow (3 energy types + photons), double aux2bat science ship built only with S8/9 rep gear and consoles. It is surprisingly effective for a ship that goes against all conventional wisdom and doesn't have any of the "must have" gear.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=protonics_0

Notes:
    Eng S8 rep console is +kin, Tac S8 rep consoles are +php
    SO5 no longer enables the proton DHC in sci mode.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Great suggestions so far... keep 'em coming!

I will post some specific challenges too for different characters that we use, with certain Ship types, BOffs and DOff that we have to help narrow down some of these choices to see what we can demo with what we already have unlocked.

Once we get some of our current builds fleshed out, I can start branching out for specific ship and gear demos!

Thanks everyone!
    ~CaptainSmirk

I know a great livestream...

Do one that shows how bad your fellow employees need to work on bird of preys lol.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    It would be great if the suggestions weren't mainly FAW spewing boats. Anyone have a good non-DPS focused sci build?
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    It would be great if the suggestions weren't mainly FAW spewing boats. Anyone have a good non-DPS focused sci build?

The expansion is rising the hit points of all mobs, even on normal, and it takes a long time to kill them even with a DPS focused ship. A non-DPS focused sci ship will put all the livestream viewers asleep long before Smirk finishes off the first trash mob, at least in non group play.
    Not saying I am happy with that, but it is what it is.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Probably the closest I've got is my ADSD Drain-boat.. although it still has a decent time to kill because no power = no defenses = less damage required to destroy. It's still a BFAW ship like most of the other suggestions though - arguably moreso than the Bastion Build I posted.

Otherwise, the only other actual "science ship" I actively run is my Plasma Torpedo Vesta... and that thing probably hits harder than any of my other ships - with full aux grav wells to boot. (It's really not a good livestream candidate though - you have to constantly monitor distances and weapon activations.)

The phaser-photon Hybrid HEC build I ran around the launch of the Dyson Sphere might be an interesting build down the road if there's a call for more 'canon'-like builds, though..
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, this is a Space build mostly slapped together to showcase the new toys coming with Delta Rising. It's not fine-tuned, but that's because this is my clever attempt to see how certain things interact with each other. You might want to use the Upgrade System on a few of the things it doesn't break, too. ;)

Eclipse Intel Cruiser

Profession
    Tactical

Primary Specialization
    Intelligence Officer

Secondary Specialization
    Piloting

Starship Traits
    Battle Ready
    Improved Predictive Algorithms
    Radiant Nanite Cloud
    Reciprocity

Space Rep Traits
    Auxiliary Power Configuration - Defense
    Auxiliary Power Configuration - Offense
    Precision
    Reactive Ship Repairs

Boffs
    Romulan Tac (SRO)
    -->Tactical Team 1 / Cannon: Scatter Volley 1 / Attack Pattern: Omega 1
    Romulan Tac (RO)
    -->Beam: Overload 1
    ???? Intel/Eng (any Space Trait you can)
    -->Emergency Power to Shields 1 / Kinetic Magnet 1 / Emergency Power to Weapons 3 / Transport Torpedo 3
    >I suppose if you keep blowing up you could swap in Reverse Shield Polarity instead of Kinetic Magnet, but the idea is to show off the Intel powers
    Romulan Eng (S. Sub)
    -->Emergency Power to Shields 1 / Auxiliary to Dampeners 1 / Engineering Team 3
    Romulan Sci (S. Sub)
    -->Polarize Hull 1 / Science Team 2

Doffs
    3x Damage Control Engineer (EP2x cooldown variant)
    Matter-Antimatter Scientist (A2D variant)
    Warp Core Engineer (debuff cleanse variant)
    Diplomat (Weapon Drain variant)

Fore Weapons
    Wide-Arc Polaron DHCs [Rapid]
    Thoron-Infused Polaron DHCs
    Adv. Thoron Infused DHCs
    Neutronic Torpedo

Aft Weapons
    2x Protonic Polaron DHCs
    Omni-Directional Polaron Beam Array [Over]
    Kinetic Cutting Beam

Primary Components
    Full Delta Rep Set (Deflector, Engines, Core, Shield)

Engineering Consoles
    Assimilated Module
    Bio-Neural Gel Pack
    2x Enhanced Neutronium [Turn]
    Plasmonic Leech

Science Consoles
    Flow Capacitor [HuH]
    Flow Capacitor [ShH]
    Flow Capacitor [Pla]

Tactical Consoles
    3x Vulnerability Locater [Pol]
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hmm, I think I'd take a Phantom Intel Escort, load it out entirely with Delta Rep stuff just to show off the new toys, not so much 'efficient' as 'flying testbed.'

Cmdr Intel
    Intel Team 1, Ionic Turbulence 1, Attack Pattern Omega 1, EMP Probe 3
    LtCmdr Tac (Have 2 Boffs, switch for situation)
    Boff 1
    Torp Spread 1, Cannon Scatter Volley 1, Attack Pattern Beta 2
    Boff 2
    Torp High Yield 1, Cannon Rapid Fire 1, Beam Overload 3
    LtCmdr Eng
    EPTE1, RSP1, EPTS3
    Lt Sci
    ST1, HE2
    Ens Uni (Tac)
    TT1

Weapons Fore
    Delta Rep Thoron DHC x2 (Set piece plus one from rep store), Thoron DBB, Delta Rep Quantum Torp
    Weapons Aft
    Thoron Turret x2, Thoron Beam Array (Set piece)

Deflector/Engine/Warp Core/Shield: All Delta Rep (show off all the abilities)

Consoles
    Eng: Fleet Neutronium, Fleet RCS, Delta Rep Console
    Sci: Plasmonic Leech, Choice of Clicky
    Tac: Fleet Polaron, maybe a single Fleet Quantum Projectile console

DOFFS
    2 Damage Control Eng, 1 Conn Officer (EPTE), 1 Fabrication Eng (RSP), 1-2 Brand New Guys (boost the new Intel abilities, show off new doffs)

Its a long way from an efficient build, but it would show off the Phantom, the new rep weapons, both delta rep sets in their full 4-piece forms, integrating new Intel powers into traditional escort gameplay, and an extra console slot and doff slot(s) for things we've yet to see publicly.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014

No. :p

Multi-Mission Strategic Explorer
    Front: 3 Aux Cannons
    Aft: Omni-Anti-Proton Array, Dyson Sphere Proton Beam, Gravimetric Torpedo
    Undine Counter-Command Set (Shields, Engines, Warp Core, Deflector)
    Tactical: Phaser Consoles
    Science: 4 Graviton Generators or Particle Generators
    Engineering: The Vesta Set
    Hangar: Runabouts

Bridge Officer Skills:
    • Science Cmdr: Gravity Well III, Tractor Beam Repulsors II, Hazard Emitters II, Transfer Shield Strenth I
    • Science Lt.Cmdr: Science Team I, Transfer Shield Strength II, Tyken's Rift II
    • Engineering Lt.: Emergency Power to Shields I, Auxiliary to Structural Integrity I
    • Tactical Lt.: Tactical Team I, Torpedo Spread II
    • Tactical Ensign: Tactical Team I

Strategy
    All Aux, all the Way. EPtS when coming under fire. Aux2SIF and HE when you really come under fire. Vesta supposedly has low hull, I've never got real problems with that.

Tactics in Space
    "The Torpedo TRIBBLE": Fire off a Gravity Well on a bunch of enemies, then turn your ship so you can fire a Torpedo Spread of Graviton Torpedoes. Then turn back and fire off Tyken's Rift if it's ready.

"Maximum Push": Particularly against single targets, Evasive Maneuvers + Tractor Beam Repulsors - follow your target with evasive so it can be pushed multiple times. Can be combined with the Quantum Field Focus Phaser.
    Then return back to the Torpedo TRIBBLE maneuver.

Ground
    Exothermic Induction, Electro-Gravitic Field, Tachyon Harmonic, Vascular Regenerator, Medical Tricorder

Doffs, traits and so on can certainly augment this build. For example, in regards to DOFFs: Damage Control Engineers for your single EPtS 1 could help in particular.

---

You can also use other Science Vessels for this build, but the Vesta has the advantage of also having a hangar and Aux Phasers, so they can focus on one energy type.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Phantom Intel Escort...

4xDHC, 2xTurret, KCB

Tac Cmdr: TT1, IT2, CRF2, APO3
    Tac Lt.Cmdr: TT1, APD1, CRF2
    Eng Lt.Cmdr: EPtE1, AtD1, EPtS3
    Sci Lt: HE1, IT2
    Sci Ens: PH1

Alt Ensign would be ET1 or ST1

Doff:

2x Zemok
    2x Damage Control (EPtX)
    1x Matter-Antimatter (Aux2Damp)
    1x Keel'el or Conn (Evasive/EPtE)

/\
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    spencerb96 wrote: »
    Very nice! Showing a decent build will greatly help some in the playerbase. Some are seeing the builds that have been used, and mimicking them, which is not helping them at all. They're limiting what they can do, which will hurt them when the new queues are out. Showing them an extremely powerful build will hopefully show them how powerful a ship can be, and hopefully influence them to improve more.

Captain Type: Tactical - Romulan -

Make it a reman and enjoy a 15 second duration 40% ambush damage bonus that you can refresh hat will...
  • Options
    spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 244 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    Make it a reman and enjoy a 15 second duration 40% ambush damage bonus that you can refresh hat will...

And that stacked with a Superior Infiltrator boff, 25s Ambush duration :)
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    patrickngo wrote: »
    TT1,CRF1,CSV, APO3
    TT1,BOL2
    EPTS,EPTE,DEM2
    HE1,TSS
    ET1,EPTS2
    Duty Officers:
    Technician (cooldown)x3 Purples to reduce cooldowns on your Bridge Officer abilities
    anyone else see the major *facepalm* there, or just me?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have one questions about this build? Can we do things that we normally can't do in game? Lets say a fleet patrol escort refit t5-u with a Valdore console?
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    patrickngo wrote: »
    He's gotta have SOMETHING not work right. The problem being you can't stack the things you NEED to stack on a Raptor. (there ARE techs that reduce cooldowns on the use of Emergency to x, not just Aux2Batt, dude.)

anyway, my brain's a little sludgy at this hour, and I doubt we'll EVER see a dev or CM sit down in a KDF ship when they can run a Phantom or a Romulan.

Ah dude there are no techs that work off EPtX abilities, those are damage control engineers, which only effect the cooldowns of EPtX abilities and not boff abilities in general as your description stated.