What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (September 26, 2014) [Complete]

Comments

• Options
    meiyo24meiyo24 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok I'll bite, in the bugs listed in the patch notes not one mentions the inability to go to New Romulus Command. Why is that not getting fixed??? :confused:
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I always enjoy my day.. and morning.. and evening!

:)....
    one for the morning,

for the day,

and one for late in the evening (from 1:50) ;)...

u may want to skip the first :D
  • Options
    smithdecksmithdeck Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have had really good fun testing this new system in the Tribble Server. :cool:

I am also happy to see the early release of this system for players to start their upgrades before facing the threats within the Delta Quadrant.

I really love the fact that the U.S.S. Voyager has a more active role within StarTrek Online, and that 5 of Voyagers crew is now in the game and that they will be voiced by the Actors. This is AWESOME.

We have been covering all of the information that you guys have been posting to our listeners of WolverinesRadio at wolverinesradio.caster.fm and have really been enjoying the new content coming to the game and are looking forward to the expansion to go live.

Looking forward to your live-stream on Saturday and the WolverinesRadio team will be present for the event. :D :cool: :)
    Thanks to all of the developers and the community managers that work on StarTrekOnline.
    See you out there!!

-Carl A Smith@smithdeck
    WolverinesRadio
    WolverinesFleet Admin
  • Options
    hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Mind if I save this as a quote for future use?
    And this is what amazes me. People still dont know how cryptic works.. after so many years... you should learned the lesson years ago, not now... xd, and btw everybody knows that tribble is a joke, and nothing that people test there is checked by cryptic. And this, since years ago too.

Go ahead. I will own up to it - I got excited about the new shiny and jumped the gun.

This isn't to fault anyone on the Dev side; I know they are working feverishly to correct these issues and players (mightybob especially) are working hard to find these bugs so they can be quickly squashed. I think everyone is doing exactly what they should be doing from both Devs and player testers. Even our community managers have been doing a good job of facilitating through these issues.

I just think it shouldn't have been released yet. I don't know whose call that was, but I, for one, think it was the wrong call to make.
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Go ahead. I will own up to it - I got excited about the new shiny and jumped the gun.

This isn't to fault anyone on the Dev side

Oh wait.. what?? so, yeah they are not guilty.. then, we should blame the monkeys living in the alternate universe... you must be a cryptic employer, right? :P

Now, jokes aside what im saying is that you are too naive. This is happening (releasing bugged and broken content without testing) since the beginning of times because cryptic only worries about money and the only thing they do is to release buggy untested content and nothing more (because they need to release everything as fast as possible), and unfortunately this is the way they do everything. I wish i could tell you, nah, they are a good company, they work hard to fix the bugs in the game and at the same time they work hard as well to give us great polished content and they care about what players think about their game. If all this were true, i will not be saying all of this.

Of course, one could say that the bosses are forcing the devs to work too fast and thats the reason they make mistake after mistake. It could happen. But it will be the first time i see it. It doesnt matter how fast you work, there is a point you cant make so many mistakes.. it is just.. i dunno, really really really weird. But this is not what bothers me, what bothers me since 2 years ago is that i dont see the devs or anyone else in their team to CARE about their customers. Thats all.

And i agree, it should have not released yet. But its useless to think that way, because if that is what cryptic does since years ago, i dont see why they will stop releasing broken bugged content now.
  • Options
    hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh wait.. what?? so, yeah they are not guilty.. then, we should blame the monkeys living in the alternate universe... you must be a cryptic employer, right? :P

Now, jokes aside what im saying is that you are too naive. This is happening (releasing bugged and broken content without testing) since the beginning of times because cryptic only worries about money and the only thing they do is to release buggy untested content and nothing more (because they need to release everything as fast as possible), and unfortunately this is the way they do everything. I wish i could tell you, nah, they are a good company, they work hard to fix the bugs in the game and at the same time they work hard as well to give us great polished content and they care about what players think about their game. If all this were true, i will not be saying all of this.

I am trying to say someone made the decision and I don't think it was a developer/coder. I know Bort and Frost have been diligently tracking these bugs, and likely more Devs. I guess I don't consider a management decision to be the fault of a developer.

But I fully admit to the naive part, which may fully explain my position.
  • Options
    vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    usscapital wrote: »
    yes you can as I did so not sure why you cannot

He's not the only one. I tried 4 times on different characters and could not upgrade the Honor guard shield at all. The upgrade system does not recognize any of my shields.
  • Options
    strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, hopefully the fleet daily will work today, then. Wouldn't complete, yesterday.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Of course, one could say that the bosses are forcing the devs to work too fast and thats the reason they make mistake after mistake. It could happen. But it will be the first time i see it. It doesnt matter how fast you work, there is a point you cant make so many mistakes.. it is just.. i dunno, really really really weird. But this is not what bothers me, what bothers me since 2 years ago is that i dont see the devs or anyone else in their team to CARE about their customers. Thats all.

And i agree, it should have not released yet. But its useless to think that way, because if that is what cryptic does since years ago, i dont see why they will stop releasing broken bugged content now.

You will likely find they are working to a long protracted schedule, and certain code has to be introduced into game in preperation for other code, in preperation for other code etc, they probably dont have the option to hold back until a later date. They will have different departments that are responsible for different aspects of game - Developement Team, Test Team, Live Issue Team etc. As an example, a Dev Team may create 'X' and have to release by a specific date, rather than hold back 'X' they will release it on time and then pass the fault to a Team who can only get involved in live issues. That releases the Dev Team to then start on 'Z' and remain on schedule. Very simplistic view, reality is far more complicated.

*and by team i could mean individual.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    qziqza wrote: »
    You will likely find they are working to a long protracted schedule, and certain code has to be introduced into game in preperation for other code, in preperation for other code etc, they probably dont have the option to hold back until a later date. They will have different departments that are responsible for different aspects of game - Developement Team, Test Team, Live Issue Team etc. As an example, a Dev Team may create 'X' and have to release by a specific date, rather than hold back 'X' they will release it on time and then pass the fault to a Team who can only get involved in live issues. That releases the Dev Team to then start on 'Z' and remain on schedule. Very simplistic view, reality is far more complicated.

I know exactly how things are. Ive been around here for a long time. I played tons of mmorpgs. It doesnt matter what you say, the main problem here is that they dont fix things, period. And yes, they should have several departments, but as a lot of people stated time ago, and a lot of proofs we saw since years ago, its probably that they only have just 1 department, that is doing everything. Of course, with 3 persons doing everything, its impossible. Again, i dont care how "full" they are. They always can hire more workers (they have more than enough money to hire dozens of workers, seriously). Fixing bugs is a must in any mmorpg. If you dont do that since the beginning, 3 years later you will find a really messed code (i know what im talking about, i am a coder) impossible to fix unless you invest a lot of time in it. I played tons of mmorpgs, and i agree that fixing all the bugs is almost impossible , but there was ALWAYS a balance between new content and bug fixing. There is no such a balance in STO. Bug fixing is almost non existent and it is this way since years ago , the main cause of all the problems the devs are getting to launch non broken and bugged things. Not only that, because of the lack of bug fixing, sometimes the code is so old that the devs cant just fix it, because they dont have a clue how to handle it. So, instead of trying to figure it out, they just forget about it and they keep releasing stuff. Nice way of work...

Hm, i should not blame the devs of course, they do what the bosses tell em to do. But honestly, i never saw so terrible results in a videogame, ever in my life. I mean, any company will test almost everything before they release it, this is not the case of STO. And i dont have a clue why. Because it is something essential.

I know all of this may be a little hard for you, but it is the reality. Usually, new people like you will dont understand all of this until they have played more than a year STO. Then you will realize what im talking about.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Out of curiousity; has anyone else been unable to upgrade the "Federation Type 3 Phaser Rifle" from 'Night of the Comet' or the weapon they get from going back into the cells during 'Colisseum'? (Oh, Nausicaan Tegolar Sword, why must you be so hard to acquire...)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Our secondary maintenance this week is complete.

Thanks for your patience as we worked to finish this patch, and we hope that you all enjoy getting back in-game today.

Don't forget to grab your free upgrade kit samples this weekend during our Upgrade Event, and test out the new system by pgrading some of your favorite gear. We have had reports of some very happy captains turning lower end items into higher end versions like a Very Rare Mk XIV Type 1 Phaser. Picard would be very envious :)

Thanks again, and have a good Friday in STO.

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We have had reports of some very happy captains turning lower end items into higher end versions like a Very Rare Mk XIV Type 1 Phaser.

~CaptainSmirk

mk xiv on holo? HAAAAX :D
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    test out the new system by pgrading some of your favorite gear.

Think I'll wait to see if you actually fixed it first, thanks.
  • Options
    raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Our secondary maintenance this week is complete.

Thanks for your patience as we worked to finish this patch, and we hope that you all enjoy getting back in-game today.

Don't forget to grab your free upgrade kit samples this weekend during our Upgrade Event, and test out the new system by pgrading some of your favorite gear. We have had reports of some very happy captains turning lower end items into higher end versions like a Very Rare Mk XIV Type 1 Phaser. Picard would be very envious :)

Thanks again, and have a good Friday in STO.

~CaptainSmirk

If getting the Superior Tech is a one time thing all 3 weekends...the blog doesn't state it...and by state it i mean "Once per Weekend"
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Sorry, Smirk, bad news - the secondary maintenance doesn't seem to have taken; game's still crashing out of maps like Defera Invasion Zone.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    New Romulus Command probably isn't put back in either but we'll see
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    ok it is fixed :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Nope, still broken - just Crashed to Desktop when attempting to enter the Defera Invasion Zone. But I did notice something it was applying part of the patch when it crashed...
  • Options
    summerwolfesummerwolfe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    meiyo24 wrote: »
    New Romulus Command probably isn't put back in either but we'll see

I've been to New Romulus Command before the patch with three characters, and have seen others there, so you might need to do a force verify from the launcher.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Hm... But I tried to enter the D.I.Z. once before the patch and twice after (so far), and Force Verified each time and still ended up crashing to desktop, so that may not help...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Okay, disabled On-Demand Patching and made it patch fully in the launcher, that did the trick and I'm in the D.I.Z.zy.
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Before today's emergency maintenance, I have had no issues logging into the game.
    After this mornings maintenance, I simply cannot even log into the game.
    Everything just stops responding at the LOR Loading screen.

tested with both the stand alone launcher and ARC.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I've been to New Romulus Command before the patch with three characters, and have seen others there, so you might need to do a force verify from the launcher.

I said it was already fixed mate, I was able to get to New Romulus Command today
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Danger! Some sort of emergency patch announced in Facebook!
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Danger! Some sort of emergency patch announced in Facebook!

and twitter
    Red Alert! We'll be shutting down the Upgrade Event to make an emergency fix to the system. We will update you with more info ASAP. Thanks!
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So it seems that paying 2 upgrade is going to be mandatory in order to run even the most basic STFs. Either pay them even more money after you already bought the best ships at the time, or just don't play......Seems to be a major bug going around PW/Cryptic's office.

Me and MANY others are tired of being crapped on just because some people can't afford to pay out $10-$100 daily for the Dil required for the gear upgrade system. Many people have yet to get the rep gear because their starbase is still being upgraded, or other life things happen.

Before anyone asks if they can has my stuff, NO. I am going to watch Cryptic fail because they are listening to their pocket books instead of listening to the players.

And why release content that is in testing on Holodeck? That's what Tribble and Redshirt servers are supposed to be for. The Devs need to take a step back and look at how bad the game has gotten.

Oh....wait....They don't care either....

So go ahead. Pay their paycheck for a half-assed game.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    and twitter

...and in game.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
This discussion has been closed.