test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (September 26, 2014) [Complete]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Friday, September 26th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) to resolve some crashes players have been experiencing and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In b4 bacon. :P

I'm hoping that the upgrade thing gets a few more fixes.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Dyson Rep Weapons Set console also cannot be upgraded
  • Options
    extribbleextribble Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The following also can't be upgraded atm:
    Proton Particle Stabilizer (Dyson Rep console)
    Assimilated Module (Omega Rep console)
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Edit: nevermind, my fault. Had all other rep except romulan finished, was short one button click that I never did.

I can no longer view and buy the elite scorpion fighters from the romulan rep system. For other players they are still visible.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    DOOM COMETH!!!!!!!

DDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IRL, nice patch, good to fix the inevitable crash bugs BEFORE Delta Rising launches.

I hope you have your bacon ready, Trendy!
  • Options
    xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can't upgrade Maco Space set?
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    DOOM COMETH!!!!!!!

DDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you have your bacon ready, Trendy!

no wonder you have that amount of posts under the belt with spamming like that :P

anyways back on topic : what crashes ?

Can't upgrade Maco Space set?

yes you can as I did so not sure why you cannot
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The problems of pushing stuff live before it is ready.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    How dare you! It's a Cryptic tradition of launching clunky, barely working merchandise at insane prices! Show some respect! :mad:

What amazes me is the fact people are even dumb enough to try it on Holodeck given the state it was in on Tribble.
  • Options
    hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is it just me, or is anyone else having issues trying to log into the game?
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
  • Options
    caltaircaltair Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so i've not seen anything about this yet and i'm wondering if it's part of the maintenance prep or something but purchasing zen for STO just disapeared... I went to buy some just a few minutes ago and Star Trek Online was not on the list of games available for zen purchases anymore... does this have anything to do what you guys are doing?
    liCO4Xm.jpg
  • Options
    retepeladretepelad Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All your Zen are belong to us.
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nukara particle converter can be upgraded but the stats are all wrong.

Pre-upgrade mk infinity purple gets downgraded upon upgrade (and only gets to equivalent stats at mk 13 UR!!)

Also, titanium rending batleth and nanpulse weapons cannot be upgraded despite having the upgrade item dropdown.

I have posted in bug forums and filed ticket on these.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Friday, September 26th, at 7AM PDT to resolve some crashes players have been experiencing and to apply a new patch.

Translation:
    "We dun broke it."
  • Options
    zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok, now 6 crashes due to Upgrading system, unable to re-equip items. Not to mention items 'upgraded' with NO improvement, or even WORSE stats.
    My 'bug reports' began as carefull explanations, and enede up as '**** you'
  • Options
    robin74robin74 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And my usual time zone rant: 7-9 AM Pacific (Daylight) is 1400-1600 UTC, not 1500-1700 as announced. Either check your time zones or don't give the information is such a confusing and contradictory form.
    Oddly enough, yesterday the maintenance time was announced correctly, with the PDT correctly calculated as UTC-7. Today we're back to your usual confusion.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nausican Tegolar swords can not be upgraded either.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Several of my items auto-upgraded from old Borg and Tholian VR items to their regular counterparts, but didn't get a new mod or a quality downgrade to compensate. Just wanted to mention that.

Character: Dalo Lorn@dalolorn

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm sorry, but calling it "Scheduled Maintenance" but announcing it about 12 hours before it starts?

Kinda messes with those of us who might not play 24/7. It bites me in the &^# every time, it seems.

Either it is Emergency Maintenance or own up that someone forgot to put it on the schedule/announce it.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Maintenance has begun. I will post again in around 2 hours once maintenance has completed.

~LaughingTrendy
  • Options
    hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    What amazes me is the fact people are even dumb enough to try it on Holodeck given the state it was in on Tribble.

Yeah I will own up to this - I was a dumb one. I got the free update tech and, despite knowing about the issues on Tribble, thought I would give it a shot.

I said to myself:
    "Surely they have fixed these major issues that have been brought to their attention by those with access to Tribble. They wouldn't push something live with known bugs that will work to a player's detriment, right?"

Alas, I was taken for a bit of a fool myself. Along with other bugs, which I don't need to go into here, my experience since yesterday's patch has been a costly one. I don't exactly hold out hope that some of these issues will be fixed either. Goodbye old [Borg] proc. I know you worked so well at Mk XI, but now are lost to time at Mk XIII.
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Going to be honest here, the fact that I and apparently many others don't even bother using your new content when it comes out, instead leaving it alone to give you time to fix the bugs you inevitably left in, is really bad. I get it, it's an mmo, bugs happen, but they should be an exception not a rule.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yeah I will own up to this - I was a dumb one. I got the free update tech and, despite knowing about the issues on Tribble, thought I would give it a shot.

I said to myself:
    "Surely they have fixed these major issues that have been brought to their attention by those with access to Tribble. They wouldn't push something live with known bugs that will work to a player's detriment, right?"

Alas, I was taken for a bit of a fool myself. Along with other bugs, which I don't need to go into here, my experience since yesterday's patch has been a costly one. I don't exactly hold out hope that some of these issues will be fixed either. Goodbye old [Borg] proc. I know you worked so well at Mk XI, but now are lost to time at Mk XIII.

Mind if I save this as a quote for future use?

:)

In seriousness, Quality Assessed and Bug Free aren't exactly attributes you would use to describe previous crafting releases, so anyone expecting another case of stuff rushed live not to be problematic is... Ill be nice and say hopeful.

Eventually the actual crafting bit will be ok, but it is nowhere near Holodeck safe right now.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maintenance has begun. I will post again in around 2 hours once maintenance has completed.

~LaughingTrendy

*sucking up unpolite comment on r&d, pvp and the moon shifting away :D* hey trendy, enjoy ya day :).
    hope u dudes get the bugs sorted quick and the costs adjusted just as quick as ;):D.
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I didn't crash once yesterday, and I crafted and upgraded as well. Got my entire Omega ground set up to MkXIII without a problem.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    wast33 wrote: »
    *sucking up unpolite comment on r&d, pvp and the moon shifting away :D* hey trendy, enjoy ya day :).
    hope u dudes get the bugs sorted quick and the costs adjusted just as quick as ;):D.
    I always enjoy my day.. and morning.. and evening!
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I said to myself:

And this is what amazes me. People still dont know how cryptic works.. after so many years... you should learned the lesson years ago, not now... xd, and btw everybody knows that tribble is a joke, and nothing that people test there is checked by cryptic. And this, since years ago too.
This discussion has been closed.