test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Captain Specializations

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Delta Rising will offer players in Star Trek Online the opportunity to fly a powerful new tier of starship, improve their gear to higher echelons of effectiveness, and advance to the ranks of Fleet Admiral or Dahar Master, all while exploring the mysteries and intrigues of an entirely new region of our galaxy. Jeremy "BorticusCryptic" Randall, Systems Designer shows off the new exciting abilities you'll be getting!

Read more about it here!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So each Captain specialization will likely add even more customization possibilities for us captains, as well as likely specializations for boffs. This shall be an interesting addition I think.
  • Options
    xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Marry me 10/chars
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • Options
    captaintpolcaptaintpol Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This sounds like Neverwinter I approve whole heartedly
    (STO)
    Matriarch of Banished Orion Girls. Neela D'tan
    @captaintpol (with many alts)
    May we sail and have fun always and forever. LLAP

(PC version NW)
    Arwen@captaintpol TR - Tully's of RiverRun
    Mai Kelly DC-Tully's of RiverRun
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Sansa Stark CW- Team Fencebane
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Arwen@Admiral Jazdia TR- Team Fenebane
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • Options
    karr007karr007 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like it very much, wide variety and not much of a power creep since you can have only 2 active.
    Can't wait to see a Galaxy do Rock and Roll :D:D:D.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All I have to say is WoW (IE - looks like some sort of World of War*craft type skill tree...the circle is complete :eek::D;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,530 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When can we see a complete list? From what was listed didn't really seem that interesting.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm guessing tribble patch today!
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Was hoping for more career specific specialization but it's a start, will be interesting to play around with :)
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Our ships can finally roll ! :D
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This looks awesome! I wonder how much dilithium one will get after maxing out the specializations.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    karr007 wrote: »
    I like it very much, wide variety and not much of a power creep since you can have only 2 active.

I predict this will be very popular. Put a smile on my face! :D
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Rock and Roll sounds like it would be fun on a Carrier, Cruiser, or any other massive starship like the Scimitar.
  • Options
    myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    karr007 wrote: »

Can't wait to see *every* huge ship do Rock and Roll, lol. I hope someone starts a Scimitar acrobatics team.

I don't know how useful Lying in Wait would be but it's such a classic sci-fi move that I'm glad it's included even if it's totally useless.
  • Options
    kerriknightkerriknight Member Posts: 274
    edited September 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Rock and Roll sounds like it would be fun on a Carrier, Cruiser, or any other massive starship like the Scimitar.

Yeah, I snicker at the idea of my Vo'Quv doing a "full axis rotation to port!"
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »
    Was hoping for more career specific specialization but it's a start, will be interesting to play around with :)

Close enough for tac and engineers on the secondary ones.
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OK, so I do like the sound of these, and am looking forward to trying them out.

That said... Attack Pattern Omega doesn't bring enough benefits as it is? Now ships using it will give a ship damage absorption as well? And please tell me that we'd have to stop shooting while doing that barrel-roll thing.

While I don't play PvP much these days, I always thought I'd get back into it someday; but depending on how this works out, I might just not bother.
  • Options
    plummyg33gplummyg33g Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Although only a single Primary Specialization will be included with Delta Rising, we have already begun laying the ground work for an additional Primary Specialization to be released with an upcoming update. Future updates may also result in the conversion of an existing Secondary Specialization into a Primary Specialization, expanded to include additional progression options within that specialization.

Let me guess, if we choose 1 of 3 specialization now, when future update comes with new specialization sets you will charge us respec?

Or respec of each char will be free ?:confused:
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I guess you won't tell us how much dilithium ore we'll be getting per "skill bar" once we're capped in the system?

The system sounds interesting, but I have doubts regarding a potential power creep issue. Depends on how _actually_ difficult the new "Elite" content will be.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Our ships can finally roll ! :D

And rock!

/guitar solo
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    My interpretation will be that it will be similar to reputations. Any new ones will be additional, separate, and you will have to start from zero. However, you won't lose progress in the old ones. And you will have to choose which is active at any particular time, like traits.

Only difference being that you will not have to earn a different type of points to progress (as you do with the various reps).

im guessing this will be more like traits, you accumulate them and can only have X number (in this case 1 primary and 1 secondary) active at a time, switchable like traits are
  • Options
    albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So wait... After you buy a specialization, if you want to switch to a different one, you'll have to buy back the specialization again to switch back????
    Galactic Horde.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    THIS. Right here. This alone will make Delta Rising worthwhile for me.

Thank you devs!!!
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,196 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well that’s a massive disappointment not a single worthwhile specializations to aim for based on the data in the blog. The concept is good but I don’t see a single Specializations that’s worth aiming for with the limited info we got given.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm going to be rolling all over the Delta Quadrant in my Guardian. I don't even care. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    ethangeorcethangeorc Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Those sound cool.
    Could we perhaps get our current ones : tac, sci and engi converted to those as well?
    Currently we get like what 5 abilities per class? We can fly whatever we want and can choose whatever skills we want in the skill tree. Might as well make the game classless.
  • Options
    focslainfocslain Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Rock and Roll:
    Your ship performs an animated roll maneuver, preventing all incoming damage for a short duration.

This brought a smile to my face and I almost did a spit take as I heard "Fox, do a barrel roll!" in my head.

Will be getting this for a few captains, my caitian R'azor for one and this will make shuttle mission all the more awesome.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So wait... After you buy a specialization, if you want to switch to a different one, you'll have to buy back the specialization again to switch back????

ummmmmm no thats not how it works at all
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    ethangeorc wrote: »
    Those sound cool.
    Could we perhaps get our current ones : tac, sci and engi converted to those as well?
    Currently we get like what 5 abilities per class? We can fly whatever we want and can choose whatever skills we want in the skill tree. Might as well make the game classless.

no,.......please no