test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's not "JJ-Trek" people

13»

Comments

• ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You know... it shouldn't really be called "Star Trek," either. They don't trek through stars. They also usually don't trek between stars, but rather between planets. "Space Trek" would be a more accurate name.

:P

How about 'Galaxy Quest'?! It's brilliant, don't ya think?!

:P
  • captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    I've skipped the entire thread, as it is late and to be honest, I only wanted to reply to this statement.

Freedom of Speech ring any bells there OP ??

I can call that terminal pile of [insert animal faeces reference here] any name I like.
    And, as the term J.J. Trek denotes the aforementioned pile of animal faeces (plus is shorter to type !!!!) meaning - I will use it until my heart is content.

Like it, or lump it - either way, you have no right or power to dictate what I can or cannot say.

Straight enough for you?

Darn J.J. Trekkie upstarts, think they know it all. I was a fan back when Picard had hair :P

Heh... well said. I love how people think that they can in some way influence what another person does on the internet... jjtrek (note intentional use of lower case to show my opinion of said pile of TRIBBLE) moniker is not going anywhere but thanks for the thread!
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Let's get things set straight. It's not JJ-Trek ... he didn't write the new films. First one was actually co-written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, Abrams merely directed the film and brought their story to life.

Just saying...

By this logic, Michael Bay is not at fault for the Transformers movies since he didn't write them either.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,435 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    By this logic, Michael Bay is not at fault for the Transformers movies since he didn't write them either.
    Oddly, that was Orci and Kurtzman as well. So there you go.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ahh, I guess there's only so much one can do with the raw material :D I didn't realise Mulcahey had re-cut it himself :cool:

Yup, and he started the whole "Director's Cut" rerelease of movies.

[insert "themoreyouknow.jpg"]

;)
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    what if JJ-Trek means something else.......
  • willomallywillomally Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I thought the remastered title was Highlander 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Nope it's Highlander 2 renegade edition
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51jbVSKo7LL.jpg :D

The differences explained.
    http://youtu.be/WTQC3IIzhj4?t=9m8s
    [SIGPIC]

Look at the pretty mushroom grow
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also, if you're calling is [Blank] Trek, the characters really should be walking, or at least riding a beast of burden.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Who cares....Trek fans will just blame the next person...If Gene was alive people would be blaming him for Bad Trek Oh wait they already do :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Let's get things set straight. It's not JJ-Trek ... he didn't write the new films. First one was actually co-written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, Abrams merely directed the film and brought their story to life.

Just saying...

YES!!! its JJTrek wehat we supposed to call it

OrcikurtzmanTrek?

Or RobertoalexTrek?

Or RCAKTrek?

JJTrek has a certain ring to it it makes me

want to rage and vomit then rant on the forum about it :D
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    instead of JJ-Trek, i propose soylent trek
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited September 2014

Just saying...

Why is this still and issue?

Orci and Kurtzman share most of the vitriol. The lens-flare was the least of my issues ;)

The first JJ-Trek was fun. The second was less-fun, having taken the best bits of the best trek and passing them through the gullet of a Klingon with diarrhea, passing it off as a popcorn movie.

STO only takes the elements from the timeline prior to Spock Primes dance through the wormhole. Slusho drinks, Romulan Borg hybrid tech (torpedoes, Narada-like destroyers), and of course the destruction of the Romulan homeworld.

The third 'JJ-trek' is now being helmed by Kurtzman. So maybe, just maybe, the tainted JJ-Trek will be renamed 'K-Trek'. Just like 'K-Tel' it will be flashy, cheap, and something you will ultimately forget about.
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    catjarrett wrote: »
    Yup, and he started the whole "Director's Cut" rerelease of movies.

[insert "themoreyouknow.jpg"]

;)

I didn't know that :cool: