Install Arc

Guardian t-6 and JJtrek dread..hmmm

2»

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thetanine wrote: »
    OP, do you mean this: Guardian Cruiser?

If so, to me, that looks more like a Galaxy class.

I'm REALLY hoping that concept art changes a lot on the final product. Dog Dragging Its A*S*S Over Carpet is NOT my idea of a Federation starship.

Well it's more a starfleet ship than the other... things...

Oh and OP: Your imagination is running wild.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I kinda like the Guardian, its the only one that looks like it might have been produced by a main starfleet yard.

I dont have a problem with member world ships like the Kumari or Atrox being in game. To be honest I wish theyd had member race designs in the shows rather than clearly human designs making up all of starfleet.

Its just nice to see a traditional starfleet ship, especially since i find the other fed ones really, really hideous (thats just my opinion mind, to each their own i say).

I hope we can use the Galaxy and Ambassador skins on the Guardian, though I doubt we'lll be able to sadly.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    No. The Avenger is Warship Voyager.

lol no it isn't the avenger is noway in hell looking like a battle outfitted intrepid on other notes i want cryptic to bring this ship design in
    http://gaming.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/startrekonline/conceptart/concept18.jpg

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,662 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    looks like a mshmash of existing galaxy parts to me. nacelle bussard collectors are from the typhoon
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    lol no it isn't the avenger is noway in hell looking like a battle outfitted intrepid

Have you even seen the Avenger, or just trolling? Using the fleet pylons, it's exactly like an Intrepid. Same size, same shaped saucer and hull, ablative hull armour, same neck angle.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • madviolamadviola Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    To OP, other than the silhouette, the Guardian and the Vengeance look nothing alike. Most Federation cruisers generally look the same.

About the looks of the new T6 Fed ships, the Phantom and the Eclipse are not without cannon precedent. The Phantom bares a lot of resemblance to the Defiant, and the Eclipse is not that different from the Prometheus. I like the new looks. If you don't, then don't fly them.

On a side note, the MaHa looks sweet. I'll be getting that one one launch. :)
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OP, looks nothing like the JJ Verse Vengeance. The darn thing resembles more like a Flat Flying Brick with nacelles on it, it's UGLY as sin in my opinion.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • cyberpenguin73cyberpenguin73 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Guardian class more reminds me of a cross between the early Probert Ambassador and the Butt dragging horror that was the Perpetual Excalibur class.

Excalibur class

Have to admit that the concept art looks pretty decent.

I definitely think this is Cryptic's redo of the Ambassador Class concept. Way too many similarities.

http://www.trekplace.com/l1d_probertambassador.html

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=28446