test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official New Delta Quadrant Mission "Mindscape" Feedback Thread

Comments

• tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Please post here for all feedback and bugs involving the new Delta Quadrant missions "Escalation" and Mindscape"
    (...)

Known Issues:
    • Cutscenes, text, rewards, and art are not in a final state for this mission.
    • Occasionally, floating costumes parts will appear when a NPC is killed.

I played STO: Delta Rising's episode "Mindscape" on the Tribble test server two times: 2014-09-03 and 2014-09-04.

My toon: KDF ENG level 50, captaining a Fleet Mogh Heavy Cruiser

===================================================

Here's my feedback.

ISSUES:
    (I apologize, as I did not note the mission section/chapter name where this occurred. I'll describe it.)

1.) Encounter with Harry Kim in Voyager's Engineering section

Sequence of events:
    * Player encounters Harry Kim in Engineering.
    * Player is prompted to initiate conversation with Kim.
    * Dialog box closes; battle with Kim begins; Kim activates force field while player is within close proximity.
    * Player is transported away from warp core. Toon experiences approx 10 second lag before rematerializing in Engineering. (After the rematerialization, Kim's force field is on; player is outside of force field.)

Issue occurs: No dialog prompt on what to do.
    - Player assumes what to do, locates glowing engineering console to disable force field. Battle resumes. Player attacks Kim; Kim's health meter eventually shows half-health remaining. Action stops.

- Kim is standing slumped over; battle won't progress. No dialog prompt on what to do. (Note: Force field remains down.)
    - Player assumes what to do, e.g. finds another glowing engineering console to activate. Once completed, the play (battle) continues.

2.) Astrometrics section

At the conclusion of the dialog options, there's no warning. The player is suddenly sent back to Admiral Tuvok's Ready Room on the real U.S.S. Voyager.

3.) Typos

There are typos throughout the "Mindscape" episode. Please take the time to spellcheck before releasing into production.

Examples include:

"You Did this"

"[Ship] Quarantiene"

...among others. I realize you've noted this is a work-in-progress.

4.) Incomplete dialog box = WIP?

The dialog box at the end of the episode when collecting the reward reads:

Mindscape (end)
    Thanks!

OPINIONS/COMMENTS:

* Some of the dialog needs work. Example: When the player and Seven of Nine enter U.S.S. Voyager's bridge, then encounter Dr. Eric Cooper (Undine):

"Let's just ... get this over with."

Maybe this was added by a Dev who is tired of QA'ing this episode over and over. If so, ha-ha... very funny. However, this episode is now added to the Tribble server. Please add the appropriate dialog. When I saw this, after going through most of the episode, it was like someone popped a balloon: Meh, no excitement, end it now, etc. INSTEAD, I want to be excited! We've finally reached Cooper! We're ready to deal with him! Or so we think... given we'll meet him again in the fluidic space command ship encounter.

* The Devs did some outstandingly good f/x work during the player's mind meld adventures. The U.S.S. Voyager ship model detail work looked fantastic, too.

* The Devs also made some weird choices, namely during the pre-Astrometrics Lab segment. Recommendation: Take out the snowman. Seriously. Rework that entire scene. I'd rather have Tuvok go through a psionic attack by Cooper (Undine) where the dialog says, "Paris, Torres, Chakotay... Admiral Janeway..." In other words, acknowledge those characters in some form, by NAME. (We know you aren't going to show them.)

* The story concept was good. I had fun playing the episode. (Admittedly, it was weird to think Tuvok wouldn't conjure Janeway, Paris, Torres, Neelix or Chakotay in his mind's eye. But the reality is, those actors weren't secured; the story had to adapt for the actors who did participate. And that's just the way it has to be.)

* Too bad we couldn't have a Delta Flyer launching from U.S.S. Voyager to assist during the Undine attacks, if Voyager's hull/shields levels get below a certain point.

* I imagine the timing of this episode/Delta Rising's release near the Halloween holiday season may be unintentional. But it's nice to see "spooky" content like this.

* The player is quickly reminded how cramped U.S.S. Voyager really is. (Narrow corridors! Small bridge area! More real than we get on our T1-T5 ships!)

* I wish we could have heard the Seven of Nine, the Doctor and Harry Kim voice-overs. I presume they're forthcoming.

* The small touches. Example: The flower pot of budding roses in Tuvok's Ready Room = nice homage to Janeway's flowers. The Omega Particle alert.

* Explaining how Voyager was brought back into commission again. "The Admiral gets what the Admiral wants" -- nice. (Along with the other comments.) Given that VOY's "Endgame" depicted an alternate timeline where Voyager was a museum on the grounds of San Francisco's Presidio area (as spoken in "Endgame"), this was a good way to resolve that question.

But don't be surprised when forum participants ask, "How come Voyager is being used again?"

* No Neelix in this episode. Thank you. He belongs in another part of the Delta Rising gameplay.

* I assume we'll see other episodes with the announced VOY cast member voice-overs, not just within the Delta Rising: "Mindscape" episode.

* I look forward to seeing Cryptic/PWE add Robert Beltran into the game as Admiral Chakotay... when you finally confront the Iconians. (wink, wink)

* Cooper's sentient command ship: Could this be dressing the stage for an eventual Tin Man reunion? (I *wouldn't* like to think of Tan Ru (from TNG's "Tin Man" episode) as an Undine creation. But maybe there's an origin story which crosses over with the Undine...)

JUST FOR KICKS:

Screencaps taken while playing:

http://s30.postimg.org/qblhg57vl/screenshot_2014_09_04_10_04_00.jpg
    http://s18.postimg.org/4hi8qceyh/screenshot_2014_09_04_10_04_00a.jpg
    http://s2.postimg.org/5vtk9bj3d/screenshot_2014_09_04_10_04_01.jpg
    http://s2.postimg.org/ycivg1aax/screenshot_2014_09_04_10_04_01a.jpg
    http://s30.postimg.org/xhd8ilgyp/screenshot_2014_09_04_10_04_02.jpg
    http://s29.postimg.org/c1q5t9zrb/screenshot_2014_09_04_10_04_05.jpg
    http://s30.postimg.org/c945ewrvl/screenshot_2014_09_04_10_04_08.jpg
    http://s27.postimg.org/f91nlz9hf/screenshot_2014_09_04_10_04_09.jpg
    http://s7.postimg.org/tykzhdogr/screenshot_2014_09_04_10_04_11.jpg
    http://s29.postimg.org/57kghbwhz/screenshot_2014_09_04_10_39_25.jpg
    http://s2.postimg.org/85i6qzlgp/screenshot_2014_09_04_10_40_16.jpg
    http://s29.postimg.org/4ymvrejpj/screenshot_2014_09_04_10_42_03.jpg
    http://s21.postimg.org/kyajk4h47/screenshot_2014_09_04_10_46_07.jpg
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    As previously noted, all cutscenes are works in progress.

Missions at this stage of development will generally not undergo major overhauls.
  • ereiidereiid Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jheinig wrote: »

Missions at this stage of development will generally not undergo major overhauls.

So I should shelve my pitch to rework this into a frivolous, lighthearted holodeck romp, then?

Something with Harry Kim in a frilly antebellum hoop skirt maybe?
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    ereiid wrote: »
    So I should shelve my pitch to rework this into a frivolous, lighthearted holodeck romp, then?

Something with Harry Kim in a frilly antebellum hoop skirt maybe?

Well, there's always next year's Summer Event.
    edited September 2014

You're welcome for the feedback. (Same for those that have provided insights, too.) ;)

I get that you can't make major mods to the episode. C'est la vie...
  • ereiidereiid Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, there's always next year's Summer Event.

"Why, Mr. Tuvok. I do declare this Risian weather we're having is going to give me the vapors."

Just pitch it to Garrett, is all I'm sayin.
  • barimanforumsbarimanforums Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The ground map needs to be changed. It looks a guy's personals on the mini-map, and the whole thing about getting the doors to open up by doing something to the (I forget what they called it) didn't help. I know I'm not always the most mature minded, but I'm still better then a lot of people. They will pickup on this immediately.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Ah, I understand now. Unfortunately, that's not something I can fix. But I can at least explain what's going on.

Here's what you are not seeing: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3856/14944049157_8a5c188560_b.jpg

There are little red dudes sitting/standing there already. These are nodes we use to position how/where you will sit, and where you will stand up to, when you get up again. They are invisible, but they're there. They also act as the actual clickie.

So, when you move your mouse around the chair, when it highlights to sit, you're actually mousing over these invisible dudes.

That works well when you're facing the chair straight on, or looking down on it from above. But if we have a few chairs lined up (as we do here), and you view from the side, you will often end up with another chair's dude/node in the way, so when you click, you're clicking the other chair's dude. Thusly: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3895/15127625811_5e06831b0c_b.jpg

Sorry, I can't do much about it, but hope that helps a bit.

You mean to say that these invisible people have been there the whole time!?! :eek:

I kinda feel violated like Janeway and crew were in "Scientific method". :o

Shudder.....

As for bugs, yeah they have already been mentioned:

Last cutscene with Cooper not ending.

Misspellings, namely Krenim and Quarantine.

AI pathing not up to snuff.

Boff selection not available.

Other than those, it was a fantastic mission. Will be even better with VO! :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    are we not able to properly team up on this mission...i was on a team and we got disbanded because of the map?
    With Cooper already in there, Tuvok only has so much room left inside his head.

WTH you know this is a MMO i like to play with my fleet-mates/friends !!!
    All the new missions are SP ???
    This will kill my fun, know what i even don't play it any more.......
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bones1970 wrote: »
    WTH you know this is a MMO i like to play with my fleet-mates/friends !!!
    All the new missions are SP ???
    This will kill my fun, know what i even don't play it any more.......

That's what I would like to know. Are we looking at dozens of new missions we cannot play with friends? On an MMO, that is insane.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    carlosbfly wrote: »
    That's what I would like to know. Are we looking at dozens of new missions we cannot play with friends? On an MMO, that is insane.

AFAIK, only a couple missions are SP only. I think I read somewhere that there will be team missions.
    edited September 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    - Player assumes what to do, locates glowing engineering console to disable force field. Battle resumes. Player attacks Kim; Kim's health meter eventually shows half-health remaining. Action stops.

Thats weird, I had a prompt from Tuvok telling me to use the console, for both stages of the fight.
    edited September 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Thats weird, I had a prompt from Tuvok telling me to use the console, for both stages of the fight.
    For whatever reason, that was an issue I encountered during that scene. I'm not up for a third round of testing on "Mindscape" until the voice-overs are added, or I'd test again.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    AFAIK, only a couple missions are SP only. I think I read somewhere that there will be team missions.

Where do you recall that from? Has a dev stated it?
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You can't team for "Mind games".
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
    edited September 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    For whatever reason, that was an issue I encountered during that scene. I'm not up for a third round of testing on "Mindscape" until the voice-overs are added, or I'd test again.

The Pop-up was one of the small ones that appears on the side of the screen, not a normal dialogue box.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Here is my play through / explanation of all the bugs I encountered along with suggestions.

http://youtu.be/NgeIAVNKhzI
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    primar13 wrote: »
    Here is my play through / explanation of all the bugs I encountered along with suggestions.

http://youtu.be/NgeIAVNKhzI
    Don't know if it's my phone or what, but that video is almost unwatchable.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I do have one complaint - if this how the whole Undine story is ending, I am disappointed. Cooper and the Undine should still be adversaries for a while (just held back).

Like make the Undine war an undercurrent for Delta rising and then end with a negotiated peace thanks to that bioship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I do have one complaint - if this how the whole Undine story is ending, I am disappointed. Cooper and the Undine should still be adversaries for a while (just held back).

Like make the Undine war an undercurrent for Delta rising and then end with a negotiated peace thanks to that bioship.

I liked it. The 8472/cooper plot thread needed finishing because all it offered was just what we got here, a confrontation. There could have been more scheming, more attacks, but that just sets back the telling of something new. Besides, between the PVE's and Space Battlezone there's plenty of Undine in this game now. Time for someone else to start menacing us.

However, one thing I did not like about the mission was the fact that the copper NPC I was fighting didn't go away in the final cut-scene. My invisible boffs were still beating the hell out of him while cinematic cooper was running through his show, which to be honest was pretty satisfying to watch but it does fall firmly under the heading of glitch.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • kasandarokasandaro Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is anyone else having completion issues? I've just tried to do it with two freshly imported characters: I get through the entire thing, get Cooper disintegrated in the brainship, beam back to my ship, talk to Tuvok, have the "you've complete all events" and use the dialogue to leave the Syllerran system. When I hit sector, the journal shows "Go to the Syllerran system".

I've had this happen on both a Fed import from last night and a KDF import. Prior to the most recent patch, I was able to complete it.

EDIT: I was able to get it complete on another runthrough by talking to Command before I left the system.
  • indydsindyds Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Just replayed it. Apparently, i has become a lot easier now, which is sad. Hitpoints in space seem to have been cut in half (to about 3 times the current Holodeck levels). Some of the NPC ships used Hazard Emitters, but most if not all failed to redistrbute their shields.

Noticed the same. Also the battles within Tuvoks Mind are very easy right now.

Concluded, this Mission is still very Buggy, the buggiest of the new ones.
    When I replayed I F'd through, arriving in Tuvoks mind, stuck the start place, I could turn, but not move. Had to resart.
    When I reached the Bridge and freed Tuvok, the enemies shot themself at the Bridge.
    Leaving the Bridge with Tuvok, I got lost very quickly.
    At the End of the Mission, STO loaded reaaaaaaaaally Long, just for a star system with my ship and Voyager in in and Tuvok telling me, that it's done.

Tuvoks BG in dialogs Looks strange
    http://s1.bild.me/bilder/260513/29120311.png

When I died I saw my panties :D (probably the known bug with the parts of dead bodies)
    http://s1.bild.me/bilder/260513/6587949Mindscape.png

*Autocorrect makes some words capital.
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I liked it. The 8472/cooper plot thread needed finishing because all it offered was just what we got here, a confrontation. There could have been more scheming, more attacks, but that just sets back the telling of something new. Besides, between the PVE's and Space Battlezone there's plenty of Undine in this game now. Time for someone else to start menacing us.

I do not, because this is the same problem we had with the Klingon War arc. "Oh were at war with the Klingons! Oh wait, no we aren't." I don't want to see more Undine enemies per say. But even some lip service that the Undine appear to have backed off because of internal strife caused by Tuvok's mind meld leading to an eventual armistice as a Delta Rising SUB-PLOT (not primary) indicating some passage of time in-game (otherwise this has all been completed in the span of three episodes and I really think that is wasting a plot line).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I didn't read through all the comments, so I'm not sure this has been mentioned yet.

When beaming down to the Command Bioship, I can't select a team of Boffs, it simply gives me the boffs that are set as my standard away team on the stations tab of the character screen (default key U).
  • kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    During the final cutscene for Mindscape, there are two Doctor Cooper's and I have to press esc to end it.
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • barimanforumsbarimanforums Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The fighting Cooper was there with the talking Cooper during the his dying scene.
  • bryguy#1741 bryguy Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I really enjoyed this mission. It was a great way to show off the Voyager interior. The "dream" effects were neat, and I liked the dynamic corridors. I did feel like a giant nerd because I noticed we were still in the meld before Tuvok did because the crew were in the wrong uniforms. :)

I did run into the issue of the cut scene at the end with "two Coopers" that seemed to be stuck for about 3 minutes.

One suggestion, when boarding the Undine ship, please please PLEASE let us bring our away team. Nothing against Tuvok, but I leveled up and trained Boffs for a reason, please let me use them. Like with boarding ESD during Surface Tension, I'm beaming into a hostile situation without crew support?!?!? I don't get it. I also kept getting one-shotted over and over by Cooper's telepathic mind lance, my away team would have been helpful to have in that situation.

All in all an enjoyable mission. Just wish I could bring my away team with me.
    Thank you for the T6 Galaxy Class. - I support Tovan Khev. - Please bring back the exploration missions.
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited September 2014
    Since the September 10th update Cooper's "Quarantine" requise the player to hit ESC to continue.

It does not end if you wait for him to say something.
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They really need to let users who kept this device to have some advantage to having this to help Tuvok.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Most has been said already.

I loved the corridor matte painting meta gag.
    The closer you got the more fake it looked, just like the real life corridor set. XD
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg