test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official New Delta Quadrant Mission "Mindscape" Feedback Thread

Comments

• ereiidereiid Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Ah, I understand now. Unfortunately, that's not something I can fix. But I can at least explain what's going on.

Here's what you are not seeing: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3856/14944049157_8a5c188560_b.jpg

I was having trouble thinking of a similar case of side-by-side seating to also test. Maybe the old presentation room in Ye Olde ESD.

Thanks for the explanation, though.

Also, I'M BEHIND THE LOOKING GLASS Y'ALL.
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    Seven's AI? Seemed kinda erratic. Seven was jumping all around. It was Seven so hey just glad to have that in game. LOL

This is because the map is so small. Pathing of characters on the map tends to be very tight and if a character has trouble reaching a location they will sometimes try to jump over or through intervening terrain.
  • firestorm10491firestorm10491 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jheinig wrote: »
    This is because the map is so small. Pathing of characters on the map tends to be very tight and if a character has trouble reaching a location they will sometimes try to jump over or through intervening terrain.

Still the interior seems to be properly scaled and other than a few minor details I would call it a very well done and highly anticipated interior. Pathing is difficult in confined spaces which is why maybe the messhall might had allowed more space for a fight then crew quarters. Sickbay was awesome and looked very much like the original.

The minor details being the MSD, and the Tactical and OPS displays could use work to look closer to authentic. The neon blue that leads to the warp core shouldn't be there and it would be nice to have warp core displays.

The would be nice category is the briefing room and access to the second level of engineering.

All in all the mission was excellent and you guys did outstanding work.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've been sitting in ghost dudes this entire time!? D:

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • mbfmbf Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've been sitting in ghost dudes this entire time!? D:

You're saying that you didn't know? Where did you think your missing EC went this entire time?
  • raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    are we not able to properly team up on this mission...i was on a team and we got disbanded because of the map?
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    are we not able to properly team up on this mission...i was on a team and we got disbanded because of the map?
    Most likely the mission will be restricted to single player only like previous missions.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The mission was amazing. I love how a Pulsewave will take out most of the random strangers. And that we could kill Ensign Kim. A couple bugs, though:

1: It didn't ask me to confirm my away team when I went to the Command Bioship. But I liked that, because that's why I set up a standard away team. The selection screen is nice, but it sometimes seems redundant.

2: The cutscene where Cooper bites it (I assume he bites it, the animation never showed such, but I gave him a Class Two Starfleet Aft Whooping) is slow, and can be annoying (BOffs are still shooting and spawning things). The dialogue takes several minutes to continue.
  • rjoy79rjoy79 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My ship was destroyed about 10 times before I was able to disable Cooper's Command Bio-Ship. Talk about take the p**s.
  • wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It would be real nice to still have my carrier pets after location changes.

Yes I know it's been this way forever.

How about slip in a command line to "RECALL" them and somehow not lose the stars generated. You could then mass launch when you beamed back up to ship.

This would also be a "quality of life" help is general gaming.

And speaking of carriers...slip in a T6 carrier for all factions please. I'll stick with my J Dread and Adv Obelisk...and upgrade same - but a T6 would be nice.
    edited September 2014

With Cooper already in there, Tuvok only has so much room left inside his head.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited September 2014

lol... you would've think the Brain has unlimited storage, but only about 10% can be accessed... Vulcans my be able to access 15 or 20%... so I think there is enough room for 1 more person to fit :D lolz

anywho, I'll be giving my feedback once Tribble Patches... :)
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When inside the dyson sphere, there's a button that says "return to the alpha quadrant" it should say "BETA quadrant"
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    about mindscape....Wow. Best episode.

A few issues
    1) Harry Kim fight was bugged. The 2nd time he was untargetable he was just untargetable. The shield didn't reappear nor did he try to get it to appear.
    2) The butend of the ship that you have to destroy was extremely hard to target.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lol... you would've think the Brain has unlimited storage, but only about 10% can be accessed... Vulcans my be able to access 15 or 20%... so I think there is enough room for 1 more person to fit :D lolz

anywho, I'll be giving my feedback once Tribble Patches... :)

Ah, not the 10 % myth! Aaaargh.

The brain does not have unlimited storage. Nor reliable storage.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited September 2014
    I liked the mission as far as I got, but then I hit a plot stopper bug.

I had defeated Psi Lord Cooper and was back in Tuvok's ready room cabin. After that I did some Omega Particle Research but still had to do something, go to Astrometrics.

But none of the doors opened or had something to click to continue. Stood on the bridge for several minutes and then gave up.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It was a fine mission. I missed having my entire away team, but 2 boffs/4 was better than what we used to have in the recent missions.

Kim was bugged, I used the plasma grenade, and like any mob, he moved away from the persistent AOE, away from the core. When he became untargetable, he stand there shooting me and not triggering the next shield and all. I had to break LOS to make him go to the core (seems like he moved to reach me, toward the core, and then he was close enough to activate the shield).

In the very last custscene, I was using the repeating plasma rifle (the romulan gun that was removed with the store, but still available if you had one from before), and the cutscene never ended. It was looping the part with cooper being a prisoner of the quarantine mode (which was spelled wrong, but I guess people told you). I had to use the escape key, and miss the end. It might have been caused by my character being stuck shooting (I was hearing the "pewpewpew" of my gun all along). Also, when I came back, my boffs were dead, so maybe the fight was still running and broke the cutscene.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    This time I managed to get through:

It's a excellent and interesting mission. I only have some minor issues and there are some text errors, but there seems to be a plot stopper bug:

- If you ESC/skip the cutscene before you go to the bridge to go to the "Northwest Passage", the bridge apparently does not have the button "Go to the Northwest Passage". Then you are stuck.

Some other observations:

- Cooper dies rather quickly in the Command ship (around 33% of Tuvok's work), yet returns later. Giving him a lot more HP and keeping him in the fight longer might work out better.

- "Harry Kim" beams the player away when activating the shield around the warp core. The player does the "typing on Communicator to beam out" animation. Maybe it would be better to just beam the player out instead of making it look as if the player beams out on his own.

- "Quarantien" in the final cutscene, please make it "Quarantine".

I very much liked the special effects like the "Mind Meld" darkening of the light around the player or the DS9-style "fake tunnel" effect. The longish corridors on DS9 also used a painted horizon of this kind in the TV show.

All in all its a very good mission.
    edited September 2014
    Hmmm... couldn't reproduce getting stuck before the NW Passage.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    ereiid wrote: »
    I was having trouble thinking of a similar case of side-by-side seating to also test. Maybe the old presentation room in Ye Olde ESD.

Thanks for the explanation, though.

Also, I'M BEHIND THE LOOKING GLASS Y'ALL.

The benches on New (Current) ESD, can seat 3 across. So you can encounter it there as well. Not as annoying, since you'll still end up on the bench you meant to sit on, but not necessarily in the spot you clicked.

longasc wrote: »
    I liked the mission as far as I got, but then I hit a plot stopper bug.

I had defeated Psi Lord Cooper and was back in Tuvok's ready room cabin. After that I did some Omega Particle Research but still had to do something, go to Astrometrics.

But none of the doors opened or had something to click to continue. Stood on the bridge for several minutes and then gave up.

Pretty sure you have to talk to Tuvok again at that point. Did he not have the little exclamation point over him?
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Pretty sure you have to talk to Tuvok again at that point. Did he not have the little exclamation point over him?
    Ran into that as well. After I left the mind-meld, no interactions were available. Had to exit and come back, at which point I was back in Sickbay and had lost half an hour of play. So in addition to that bug, there should probably be an interim save point, probably when you pick up Seven.
    edited September 2014

I will try it again tonight. I tried to reproduce getting stuck before switching back to the ship, but so far I didn't get stuck on two runs trying to break the mission. Maybe I really didn't talk to Tuvok. :confused:
  • blackhatgaryblackhatgary Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Have ya noticed that in a great many episodes of Voyager, as well as an episode of STO, that there is always someone or something TRIBBLE around with Tuvok's head? No disrespect meant, simply an observation. I think Tuvok's head had more airtime than any other part of Voyager,s run, save that of the obvious 7 of 9 trailors. I recall back then tuning in and thinking "I wonder whos going to be TRIBBLE with Tuvok this time" Note: this comment is an observation meant in honesty and a degree of humor.. You all are doing a wonderful job, and it is appreciated...
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I noticed something that is more of a costume error.

Past Doctor has a Mobile Emitter on, but you activate him via voice control.

Though I guess you reason it as being a figment of Tuvoks mind.
  • fyremousefyremouse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When beaming into the command ship in Episode Midscape, the wrong Boff's beam in and do not match those assigned under stations -> Standard Away team

After looking at it closely, it is either taking the 1st 4 Boff's in my list or the 1st 4 that are equipped as part of standard stations
    Proud to be a Lifer.
    I earned my 1000 days the hard way and I still come back...
  • ereiidereiid Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The benches on New (Current) ESD, can seat 3 across. So you can encounter it there as well. Not as annoying, since you'll still end up on the bench you meant to sit on, but not necessarily in the spot you clicked.

I'm sure there's an officer with a face wide enough to seat three somewhere in Quinn's office...

:rolleyes:
    edited September 2014
    1st thought that came to me while skimming through the mission... was...

"OMG this is creepy"

think this mission now replaces Hearts & Minds and What Lies Beneath as the Most Creepiest mission in game...

will post feedback later as I full test the mission...

so far...

Kudos to the dev team... :D
    edited September 2014

Nope he did not... I tested that last night stopped at the same spot trying to get to Astro....
    edited September 2014

Nope he did not... I tested that last night stopped at the same spot trying to get to Astro....

After the combat ends and you talk to Tuvok again, go to the turbolift.
    edited September 2014
    After the combat ends and you talk to Tuvok again, go to the turbolift.

I shall try that right now...