test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg Disconnected

Comments

• coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hope you put in new hardware and plenty muscle so everything runs smoothly.. Adding Borg, Voth, and Undine all in one shot.. I'll look forward to that when it goes live on the live server! Thanks for all those involve on the creative side and network side as well to pull this off ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ohh more borg to kill nice my favourite pastimey
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is great news.

Either this is a new source of fun and marks for the regular players , or challange for the elitists.

Either way it will only do the game good. ;)
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • rygelx16rygelx16 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hate to break this to you - remodulation and Borg adaptation is PART of Star Trek.

No one in the Star Trek IP has ever invented new technology? You mean after 50 years of fighting the borg no one has developed a weapon that auto re-modulates? Let not forget the fact that this is a game, and this mechanic does not make it more fun or enjoyable. In fact it does just the opposite.
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    rygelx16 wrote: »
    I hope we have discovered new technology to get rid of that awful re-modulation mechanic. Nothing worse than a mechanic that makes most weapons useless while making ground feel even more slow and clunky.

Slow? Clunky? Excuse me? (You clearly don't know how easy it can be...)
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm somewhat confused as to what is going on with this PVE. Like blog is putting both the "freed" Borg and "still assimilated" Borg together in the same context.
    Once, the Borg Queen would have destroyed an entire ship to get rid of one Borg, but she no longer has the luxury of expendable ships with the Undine and Voth attacking them.

I assume the writer mean't to say "get rid of the DISCONNECTED Borg" instead of simply "Get rid of one Borg". Could anyone make more sense of this?

And another statement:
    The Borg cooperative has located the Unimatrix where the Borg Queen is reassimilating ships containing disconnected Borg. Now, they need the help of the Alliance to keep the Borg free and to once again put a stop to the Borg Queen.

The Alliance will find, however, that there are more factions in the Delta Quadrant that seek the total destruction of the Borg, including those who may serve as allies to the Alpha Quadrant Alliance…

They really want me to believe were trying to just "stop" the Borg instead of completely wiping them out? That's hard to believe with all the STFs and stuff they have us do. I didn't destroy hundreds of Cubes, Spheres, those giant Unimatrix-log things, and even the fraken Queen to be told that we aren't going to completely annihilate the Borg!
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ak255 wrote: »
    They really want me to believe were trying to just "stop" the Borg instead of completely wiping them out? That's hard to believe with all the STFs and stuff they have us do. I didn't destroy hundreds of Cubes, Spheres, those giant Unimatrix-log things, and even the fraken Queen to be told that we aren't going to completely annihilate the Borg!

I think the text is refering to the Undine and the Voth not hesitating to wipe out all the Borg present at that Unicomplex - including the freed Drones, while the Alliance wouldn't destroy free drones if it could be prevented.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Are you telling me, that we will actually be saving the victims of the Collective, rather than comitting a mass murder again? But hey - That sounds at least a bit Trek! :D And if that's so, I love it. Yay, my Liberated Borg Captain has a work cut out for her! :D

PS: It better have a ground version! :D<3
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    It is still disruptive to the gameplay though. :P

And confusing to new players... All content related to it should probably be removed to increase download.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Slow? Clunky? Excuse me? (You clearly don't know how easy it can be...)
    Do you have a link to the video of those guys who got the optional in IGE while meleeing everything to death?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    <sarcasm>
    Oh goodie! I get to fight more Borg!
    </sarcasm>

>sigh<

I remember the first time I flew into Gamma Orionis. That was back when those wandering cubes could actually attack you without consent. That was back when it was difficult to fight the Borg. I actually was a little frightened flying from mission to mission.

Over the last few years I have swept up such a plethora of Borg that they hold little to no interest to me. I've replayed the Borg STFs so many thousands of times, they are B-O-O-O-O-O-R-I-N-G, >5min time wasters used to farm resources.

That was, at least, one interesting thing about the Tholian and Voth... Is that they weren't Borg.

I was really looking forward to Delta Rising. I was hoping for new game play. New aliens and civilizations to face.

Another Borg STF?

:rolleyes:

Please do better.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    This is great news.

Either this is a new source of fun and marks for the regular players , or challange for the elitists.

Either way it will only do the game good. ;)

Or option number three: Something no one ever plays ! :P
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Fighting Borg, Voth, and Undine snot bubbles together on one map? Eh. Really hope that doesn't happen. I'm all for more difficult content, but that's just more annoying than anything.

Don't forget the mention of other races. That means octanti, and we have no idea how annoying they might be yet, but its quite possible from their writeup they get a super virus to shut down engines/guns etc. So , even more annoyance at once!

That said, I also hope there's aground version, and I will give this one a go and I hope its fun.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,987 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Being bounced back and forth between a Voth super gravity well and a fluidic rift, all while invisible Borg one-shot torpedoes are flying all around you? Doesn't that sound like fun? :rolleyes::P

You're also forgetting the CE can't see your own weapons effect to add to the jollies.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hopefully this is more of a three-way battle between Assimilated Borg, the Alliance, and the enemies of the Borg with the disconnected ship in the middle.

My guess is we'll be fighting over a Borg cube with factions like the Voth, the Undine, the Octanti and others and not just one enemy.

It would be more interesting if it included both space and away team action, but I assume this is just ship-to-ship stuff. Preventing the hostiles from blowing up the cube isn't much different from one of the other "defend x" space missions, so I hope there's a clever twist here somewhere.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looking forward to another continuation of the Borg STF storyline.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Learn more about Borg Disconnected: the first queue available to players in Delta Rising. Captains will work to free Borg from the Collective to help join the cause! Check out our blog detailing it and what you might encounter!

Take a look at our blog here.

~LaughingTrendy

(EDIT: Fixed the link ~Bluegeek)

This would make an excellent intro to a new Borg faction.
    I'm surprised Cryptic can get Jeri Ryan and the others because I thought Dorn drained the budget :P
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
    edited September 2014
    Do you have a link to the video of those guys who got the optional in IGE while meleeing everything to death?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9JouiRH-xs Though it was in the excuse me part of my original post :)
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I really hope they don't drop the ball for the rewards this queue and the other upcoming queues will give, like they did the new Undine and voth missions. A couple dozen marks and a few hundred dil makes 20 minutes of undine snot balls and voth being voth pointless.
    Galactic Horde.
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Borg Disconnected ? that'll teach them to try and log on on patch day :)
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Would be nice if you'd shed a light on what the mission will actually involve, instead of just providing a background story.

Still, sounds like a new STF. Let's just hope both the challenge and the rewards will be worth time and effort - something all the recent PvE queues failed with.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    pwefail wrote: »
    Borg Disconnected ? that'll teach them to try and log on on patch day :)

Bah! I was going to save that joke for launch day. Now you've gone and ruined it!

:P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,468 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Hopefully this is more of a three-way battle between Assimilated Borg, the Alliance, and the enemies of the Borg with the disconnected ship in the middle.

My guess is we'll be fighting over a Borg cube with factions like the Voth, the Undine, the Octanti and others and not just one enemy.

It would be more interesting if it included both space and away team action, but I assume this is just ship-to-ship stuff. Preventing the hostiles from blowing up the cube isn't much different from one of the other "defend x" space missions, so I hope there's a clever twist here somewhere.

I just hope it won't be a failure like the Hive stf. Almost only used to test the echo in the game.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rygelx16 wrote: »
    I hope we have discovered new technology to get rid of that awful re-modulation mechanic. Nothing worse than a mechanic that makes most weapons useless while making ground feel even more slow and clunky.

It wouldn't be the Borg if it didn't. You just can't shoot them to your hearts content and kill them.

You should team up with me on my Klingon. I will show you how a warrior takes them out. Even my Fed will show you how to deal with them.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9JouiRH-xs Though it was in the excuse me part of my original post :)
    Oh ok. I didn't watch the whole video the first time. I remember seeing people shoot their way though a hallway and stopped.

EDIT: I watched more and it's definitely not the one I'm thinking of. The one I'm thinking of was a team of 5 that used nothing but melee. Your does have people doing melee but not exclusively.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This looks like a very good story line. And showing the Borg is really taking a beating and in shambles.

Looking forward to it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    edited September 2014
    Oh ok. I didn't watch the whole video the first time. I remember seeing people shoot their way though a hallway and stopped.

EDIT: I watched more and it's definitely not the one I'm thinking of. The one I'm thinking of was a team of 5 that used nothing but melee. Your does have people doing melee but not exclusively.

Be interesting to see the one you're thinking of if you ever come across it.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    nope not one...... but 10... and they doubleshot everyone:D

But first you must sit through a 15 minute unskippable cinematic before that happens.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh joy, another queue. Don't get me wrong, from what little is given, this could be a good or even great mission, but putting this in the queue automatically cheapens it in my eyes. What about a mission that you actually have to go to, or even better, find. Like you find it in one system one day, beat the mission, and then the next day, you have to find it again to play it. Even Cryptic says there are too many missions in the queue, why not put some in the actual game universe again.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    A shot in the dark guess, Delta Rising is set 32 years after Voyager left the Delta Quandrant.

Admiral Janeway from the 29th Century visited Captain Janeway of the 24th Century. Gave her technology, weapons and the know how on how to get back to the Alpha Quadrant.

Admiral Janeway meanwhile got assimilated by the Borg Queen, she was infected with a pathogen which was also assimilated by the Borg. This in turn led to the destruction of the Unimatrix.

The borg are disconnected from the hive because the queen is dead. The story is picking up where Voyager left off.

I hope that answers the question.

I interpreted it as the story is picking up where The Hive left off. We blow up the Borg Queen's ship, and/or kill her in the ground STF.

Thus the Borg drones in DR who are disconnected want to join the cause of those who freed them, which is why they want to help us and why we want to protect them, because we freed them as a result of The Hive's aftermath.
    ExtxpTp.jpg