test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg Disconnected

13»

Comments

• angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yay. I like kicking the borg and all but I'm predicting a 20 minute mission that awards no more than 30 marks and 240 dil.
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm actually happy about a new borg stf, because pre X2 i wanted the omega rep gear for my toons. I just can;t get myself to fly another ISE, KAGE, or IGE, or HIVE ,or ... again. So only 2 out of 5 have rep gear from the rep store and 3 out of 5 have completed the rep.

Actually giving myself a root canal treatment with stuff from daddies tool-belt sounds more fun then either Infected, KA, or Cure. Just don;t release another broken Stf mess like the undine queued events. Just once play test it, and then make sure its ready fro primetime. NO one wants to be oneshot in broken missions, with objectives that can't be finished, NPC and triggers, stuck in walls etc.
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would like to know if we can do cross faction teaming before queuing for the missions in expansion 2. It would also be nice to team up with friends from both sides to do things like TD Patrol, the current STFs, and some of the other PVE queues.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    But first you must sit through a 15 minute unskippable cinematic before that happens.
    No no no.... That's all wrong. There are no one-shots. You get spawn camped DURING the cutscene. Every cutscene.... :D

One of the more interesting things about the destruction of ESD, is that you became invulnerable during the cutscenes.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hate to break this to you - remodulation and Borg adaptation is PART of Star Trek.

If this was completely true for game then we would get three shots off and then be running for lifes (or rifle butting borgs for the rest of the ground mission). :rolleyes:
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am sick of these PVE queues.
    The list of the PVEs is getting longer as much as the time you need to wait for them to start.

I am waiting for the day that Cryptic realizes that 100 PVEs are not better than 10. We are meanwhile getting spammed with PVE that we are supposed to play 100 times. At the same time many other good PVEs we used to have 1-2 years ago are not played anymore just because everyone jumps on the new stuff.

And people are meanwhile really sick of the always repeating tasks. Lets face it ... we got to see the same PVEs we used to play in earlier seasons just with a different look.
    Innovation and new ideas are nowhere to be seen.
  • captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    angrybobh wrote: »
    yay. I like kicking the borg and all but I'm predicting a 20 minute mission that awards no more than 30 marks and 240 dil.

Actually in my testing experiences last night, my runs were able to rack up 33-43 marks (Fleet, Omega, Dyson, Undine, or new Delta Marks, your choice) in 20 minutes depending on results on Normal. Not sure about Advanced or Elite yet.

And yes, I said Advanced or Elite, as explained in last night's Tribble patch notes: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18976571&postcount=1
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    swatop wrote: »
    I am sick of these PVE queues.
    The list of the PVEs is getting longer as much as the time you need to wait for them to start.

I am waiting for the day that Cryptic realizes that 100 PVEs are not better than 10. We are meanwhile getting spammed with PVE that we are supposed to play 100 times. At the same time many other good PVEs we used to have 1-2 years ago are not played anymore just because everyone jumps on the new stuff.

And people are meanwhile really sick of the always repeating tasks. Lets face it ... we got to see the same PVEs we used to play in earlier seasons just with a different look.
    Innovation and new ideas are nowhere to be seen.

This ^^^

The solo missions were fun. Don't remember what they were anymore though.
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited September 2014
    I wonder:
    Will this STF award

OMEGA MARKS

or

"DELTA WHATEVER" Marks?
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    longasc wrote: »
    I wonder:
    Will this STF award

OMEGA MARKS

or

"DELTA WHATEVER" Marks?

If Cryptic are smart they may use a choice of three Fleet, Omega or Delta marks. But notice I said "if" they are smart
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    If Cryptic are smart they may use a choice of three Fleet, Omega or Delta marks. But notice I said "if" they are smart

I knew that there is a fly in the ointment
  • awt1967awt1967 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,987 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I saw a YouTube runthrough of this mission and "Delta Quadrant Marks" were one of the rewards!:eek:
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah saw the livestream and looks like another rep system is coming but will this have mkXIV gear
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They could make PVE more interesting by giving them 3,4 different random scenarios for every STF...not just killing one stuff. it gets borring.
  • daka86daka86 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I saw the live stream and few videos and i was thinning about on Elite change some objective to make it more challenging not just to boost the dmg and hp on the Enemy (this is boring and i fall a sleep in the current Elite STF)
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    daka86 wrote: »
    I saw the live stream and few videos and i was thinning about on Elite change some objective to make it more challenging not just to boost the dmg and hp on the Enemy (this is boring and i fall a sleep in the current Elite STF)

this is a nightmare on advanced even, could it be we might actually need a buff stripper/debuffer on our teams for elite O.o

sure as hell hope so

this STF has huge potential unless whining gets it nerfed
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OK, i have been testing this on tribble.

So far the normal mark rewards are fairly decent, as it depends on how well your team does, which should (thought it wouldnt surprise me if it didnt) encourage teamwork.

so far on normal the maximum I have seen, getting lot of the optionals done (but not one of them, we just missed out on that one) was roughly about 45-50 marks.

On advanced at the moment I haven't been on a team that has completed all the optionals, so I am unsure how many marks you would get for that.

But i suspect it will be a decent payout. Of course the mission is still in flux on tribble as cryptic tweak it and make adjustments, but so far it is very enjoyable.
    pjxgwS8.jpg