test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crystalline Sword lightaber mode?

chezmazterchezmazter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So how does the Crystalline Sword light up and turn me into a Jedi? I've heard it's from absorbing energy, but I've seen people with it lit up on non-combat maps.
Post edited by chezmazter on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,461 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Not sure about the non-combat maps, but its supposed to absorb energy while you're swinging it. So while you're attacking an enemy and getting shot at.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's the Nukara ground 3 - Set ability.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you're getting shot while using it the sword gains the energy type you're shot with and does some bonus damage additionally to your melee attacks. Just don't use it against borg cause the'll adapt to the plasma you gain through them. Maybe just stick to guns in general...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,461 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »
    It's the Nukara ground 3 - Set ability.

Not entirely accurate. The Lobi Store Crystaline Sword can also absorb energy, and is not part of the Shattering Harmonics set.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • zbzznzbzzn Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Shattering Harmonics Crystalline Sword is actually very good to use against Borg since most of the damage inflicted is physical. I could be wrong, but as far as I know, it's the most powerful melee weapon in the game, even without any absorbed energy.

It's what I always use against Borg and it has been very effective.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You do a combo on an enemy whist they/others are firing at you - you then pick up the 'charge' which causes additional damage and can trigger the energy type procs (thus a disruptor infused blade can cause -resistance on an opponent, ect) for a limited time

Before that timer ends you can choose to purge the energy as what I term an 'execution shot' as its usually my finisher; blasting a target with a sub-high density beam (often point blank) that due to shattering 2pc; ignores what shield remains.

This 'purging' is how you mitigate borg adaptation of the sword - Simply fire off the plasma charge and the sword becomes a standard kinetic death dealer once more until you regain the charge - at which point, purge and attack anew
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you're getting shot while using it the sword gains the energy type you're shot with and does some bonus damage additionally to your melee attacks. Just don't use it against borg cause the'll adapt to the plasma you gain through them. Maybe just stick to guns in general...

That's just the extra damage. Most of the damage however is physical which Borg cannot block.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Be a tac, optics, rally cry and battle strategies. Then go whack someone with that sword. No borg lives to adapt.

Bonus: get a doctor to drug you up....
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    Be a tac, optics, rally cry and battle strategies. Then go whack someone with that sword. No borg lives to adapt.

Bonus: get a doctor to drug you up....

Or just use NO MELEE weapons at all. LOL. If you are a tactical, the fastest and more effective way to kill borgs is just with a pulsewave or split beam riffle. Who wants to spent 15 seconds trying to kill a group of borgs when he can kill all in less than 5 seconds from distance and in the "easy" way? xD.

Now, for science toons melee weapons are maybe better, but for tacticals... dont use melee..
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Or just use NO MELEE weapons at all. LOL. If you are a tactical, the fastest and more effective way to kill borgs is just with a pulsewave or split beam riffle. Who wants to spent 15 seconds trying to kill a group of borgs when he can kill all in less than 5 seconds from distance and in the "easy" way? xD.

Now, for science toons melee weapons are maybe better, but for tacticals... dont use melee..
    pff. boring.