test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are digital products different to physical products?

13»

Comments

• chrishellmax2363chrishellmax2363 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Physical objects: Real

digital objects : Not real

Duh. How is a digital object real in the real world. Can you touch it, can you take it out and parade it in front of you friends? NO matter the tech that exists, that thing is just zeros and ones. Nothing more. Even on a quantum level a digital object has no value.

Lets talk mass. Does digital stuff have mass?
    Lets talk dimensions. Where does digital stuff have physical dimensions? Not even oculus rift on my face is going to convince me that my starship exists here.
    Lets talk about energy. No digital stuff runs on the stuff that our real world stuff runs on.

The argument is moot. As for everything else, there is no rules that govern how these guys run their business. So they get to make up the rules as they go along. Don't compare it to other mmo's , cause frankly there is not other mmo out there that has Star trek lore and history behind it.

We can argue digital rights. It will just prove that we have no say over what they do. But for those of us that are speaking out, the other few percent will just follow along happily being sheep..

Cryptic is a service provider and we are its customers. In all of business its always been a bad idea to shove it to your customer base for that extra buck. You might show profits in the short term, but in the long term, word will spread on what you run your business..

Who knows. Maybe all of this boils down to one guy in their business that doesnt give a hoot about the game, but about the bottom line only. Somehow i believe this is the same person that will end up going to jail/ end pennyless due to stabbing other ins the back.
    Whether you think you are right or wrong, either way you are RIGHT.