What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance 8/26 6-8PM PDT

Comments

• Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Aww man, I was in the middle of making a foundry mission... ah well... I hope whatever needs fixing gets fixed! :)
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Internal metrics show that someone is enjoying the game.

Therefore they have to increase the grindyness of the grinds before OTHER PEOPLE start enjoying the game too.

:D
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I blame the Borg...

But then again, I blame the Borg for everything. Such as bad weather, hot weather, rainy weather, pebbles in the shoes... :eek:
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Server maintenance can only mean one thing... time for a shower. (I only shower when Cryptic does maintenance.)

You shower at least once a day then? Good man
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There's always stuff happening around the time of new expansions, these have happened before, nothing new. Perfect to watch a movie meantime. JJ or Wrath of Khan anyone? :)
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Server maintenance can only mean one thing... time for a shower. (I only shower when Cryptic does maintenance.)

And socialization... with other human beings. Not on the internet.

Oh god, the horror of it all!
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was lucky to get in the majority of my CCE runs. Time for a break. :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Oh thanks a lot Cryptic I was so angry when I saw this that I busted my exclamation point button so i cannot use the number one either sorry for the lack of punctuation but periods and commas cannot express the ANGER i am currently feeling at this two-hour downtime i could be slow-walking through the promenade right now or inspecting the uniforms of npcs on K-7 for accuracy but no im stuck please fix immediately thanks

You disappoint me with the lack of well-refined text you normally have, Nabreeki.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    oh thats adorable. 1 minute before i was actually going to have time to run the CE slog with everyone :mad:
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    this must be the pre warning for doom rising :/ that trailer today got me excited too
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    themarie wrote: »
    Internal metrics show that someone is enjoying the game.

I heard it was a game bug that had a positive effect for players and Cryptic has to fix those ASAP.
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes, let's watch a movie.
    Greenbird
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, with maintenance going on now...

Bring on the forum drama!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Quick, activate the EMH... No, not the Robert Picardo look-alike, the Emergency Maintenance Hamster...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I heard it was a game bug that had a positive effect for players and Cryptic has to fix those ASAP.

People enjoying the game are no longer up to Cryptic's standard of quality, so it had to be removed to improve the over-all experience of the game itself.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    infammableinfammable Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Oh thanks a lot Cryptic I was so angry when I saw this that I busted my exclamation point button so i cannot use the number one either sorry for the lack of punctuation but periods and commas cannot express the ANGER i am currently feeling at this two-hour downtime i could be slow-walking through the promenade right now or inspecting the uniforms of npcs on K-7 for accuracy but no im stuck please fix immediately thanks

Gee, thanks for that post. How would the universe survive without your unmatched wit and scathing sarcasm?
    Because it's the sound that steel shod boots make on the deck plating of a real warship. As opposed [to] the cushy carpeting on the Federation luxury liners.
    Archived post on the origin of the word "Klink"
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hailing all Captains!

We will be performing an emergency maintenance on our servers.

Current ETA is to begin at 6PM PDT.

We estimate this will last until aprox 8PM PDT.

We will update this thread with more info.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone!

~CaptainSmirk

Coolant leak!! I can't shut it down! I estimate two minutes until a warp core breach! There's nothing I can do! Dramatically rolls under the blast door just as it closes shut on the warp core room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN001iUenmU
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    primar13 wrote: »
    Let the Whining Begin... and I got a Front Row Seat...

yay for you... /thumbs down

love logging in, getting half way through all my characters in my quest to get all of them through the gd ce event, to now have an even larger window put into it... everytime I log in, cryptic finds some new, usually un needed, or completely off the map way to aggravate me..
  • Options
    an0nem0u5ean0nem0u5e Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Any clues or hints as to WHY you needed to unplug everyone with only 30 minutes notice...

Also why is holodeck down at the same time as tribble...
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Ugh... now I have to go outside... where there's bugs and sunlight.

Thanks, Cryptic.

With the only difference being no sunlight in the game. :P
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    People enjoying the game are no longer up to Cryptic's standard of quality, so it had to be removed to improve the over-all experience of the game itself.
    Apparently, so much that every Cryptic game had the same issue and went down as well. :P
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hailing all Captains!

We will be performing an emergency maintenance on our servers.

Current ETA is to begin at 6PM PDT.

We estimate this will last until aprox 8PM PDT.

We will update this thread with more info.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone!

~CaptainSmirk
    Well, hopefully you've taken a page from Scotty's book and it'll only take an hour instead of two. ;)

I haz stuffz to blowz uuup!!!
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    infammable wrote: »
    Gee, thanks for that post. How would the universe survive without your unmatched wit and scathing sarcasm?

It would find a way. It may be a long, arduous, burden of unparalleled magnitude. But it would go on... one day at a time...
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ok who didnt feed the server hamsters whos on the cryptic staff is responsible

was it ...trendy? maybe but i think she would be to busy trying to cuddle with them and putting pink bows on thier little heads.

Taco?...maybe though i dont think thats tacos department

so who...who at cryptic is responsible for feeding the server hamsters :confused:

Looks like what we got here is a full blown conspiracy EVERYONE?! put on your tin foil hats :D
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was doing the event and bang! I got a message saying server down! 9:04pm EST or 6:04pm PST. Anyone know when it will be back-up tonight I hope?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    yay for you... /thumbs down

love logging in, getting half way through all my characters in my quest to get all of them through the gd ce event, to now have an even larger window put into it... everytime I log in, cryptic finds some new, usually un needed, or completely off the map way to aggravate me..

Pro-Tip: Don't run your toons through CE when the server is going down.
  • Options
    natecoznatecoz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My best guess is that since this is happening outside of their normal maintenance schedule, it's likely to address a serious security issue. Furthermore, they wisely aren't advertising exactly what it is that they're patching, so that someone doesn't take advantage of the vulnerability before they have a chance to mitigate it.
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ah, so close. We had the CE down to 10% health when we got discoed.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    discordwhoovediscordwhoove Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bring out the [Redacted] Hamsters!!!!
    Janeway: "Commander, set a new course. There's coffee in that nebula."
    princess_luna__animated_signature__by_c3fear-d4xcdac.gif
This discussion has been closed.