test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An Excelsior Class update

trektakutrektaku Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Federation Discussion
The workhorse of the Federation is long overdue for a Retrofit. From experimental trans-warp to diplomatic missions, the Excelsior has more then lived up to the expectations of Starfleet Captains everywhere, I would hope the Devs take a look at her and see that the next gen of that class could do.
Post edited by trektaku on

Comments

• admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    trektaku wrote: »
    The workhorse of the Federation is long overdue for a Retrofit. From experimental trans-warp to diplomatic missions, the Excelsior has more then lived up to the expectations of Starfleet Captains everywhere, I would hope the Devs take a look at her and see that the next gen of that class could do.

dude it all ready performs better than it should in game. Nope Excel is fine. It's Galaxy R that needs love
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wait... is the Excelsior underpowered?....????

LOLOLLLOLL
    XzRTofz.gif
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ohhh yeah totally underpowered. it should have 10 forward weapon slots, 35 console slots and nothing but universal commander bridge officer slots. the fleet version is arguably the best ship in the game. There are lots of other ships that require more than it does. I will be curious to see how much more powerful the T6 equivalent will be, and how it can be improved to reach T6.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I fly it. The only update it needs is to have newer sectors added to the transwarp list. That's it.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *underpowered*
    *giggles

Seriously the Excel. is more than fine as she is.
    Other ships that SHOULD be superior get outguned by the Excel. by far (in STO).

Obviously that's normal for Cryptic, when someone in charge is fan of a certain ship class. :rolleyes:
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Don't worry, it's Geko's favourite ship. Even if T5 ships don't get full upgrades to T6, I'm sure this will be the one ship that gets to full T6.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You know, I love this ship. Although I hate the BOff seating, and do agree about Transwarp locations missing, even I do not think the ship needs a fix.

Work on the Galaxy before any other ship in the Fed line.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Don't worry, it's Geko's favourite ship.

Yay! Something I like about Geko!

In seriousness, I adore the Excel and I hope she gets a full T6 upgrade but the only change I would make to the current version of the ship is to make the ensign universal instead of locked to engineering, other than that it's above average even without A2B.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Yay! Something I like about Geko!

In seriousness, I adore the Excel and I hope she gets a full T6 upgrade but the only change I would make to the current version of the ship is to make the ensign universal instead of locked to engineering, other than that it's above average even without A2B.

Honestly it better not get a T6 full upgrade. I use the ship constantly it is my fav, but that'd just be insane to show THAT much love to that ship while the others get the shaft.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• twoblindmonkstwoblindmonks Member Posts: 255
    edited August 2014
    trektaku wrote: »

Assuming you are talking about a 'visual update' that would take the lines and form of the current excel and make a 2410 version: Yes. Yes, Yes, Yes. YES!
    Assuming you are talking about a 'visual update' that would take the lines and form of the current excel and make a 2410 version: Yes. Yes, Yes, Yes. YES!

On that much I certainly agree!
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited August 2014

LOLOLLLOLL

Not now. Come teir 6 it will be.
    edited August 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Honestly it better not get a T6 full upgrade. I use the ship constantly it is my fav, but that'd just be insane to show THAT much love to that ship while the others get the shaft.

exactly. At this point the ship design is over 100 years old. that it's still in service is a credit to the design but it should not outperform other ships. again someomne knock geko in the back of the head and get him to fix the Galaxy R
  • trektakutrektaku Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I should have been more specific about what updates. The ensign Boff could use a universal seat, and yes a visual update is more with what I was going for. Thanks of the feed back.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What?! The Excelsior is beautiful as is. This thread is turning to blasphemy quick.

Ensign universal would be neat, but would make it *more* powerful (seriously, the majority of users would make it tactical - you know who you are :) ).
    edited August 2014
    dude it all ready performs better than it should in game. Nope Excel is fine. It's Galaxy R that needs love

You got your galaxy update, now shhhhhh.

And I think the OP was talking more of a visual update -> new ship anyway.
    What?! The Excelsior is beautiful as is. This thread is turning to blasphemy quick.

Indeed. Classic is classic, leave it be.

And I find the Boff layout perfect for a cruiser. If someone has issues with the Excelsior Boff layout then maybe it's not a cruiser they're looking for. It's one of the most fun ships in STO.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited August 2014

LOLOLLLOLL

OP is talking about a visual update, and nowhere did he use the word 'underpowered.'
    Indeed. Classic is classic, leave it be.

And I find the Boff layout perfect for a cruiser. If someone has issues with the Excelsior Boff layout then maybe it's not a cruiser they're looking for. It's one of the most fun ships in STO.

Then you can keep flying the one we have? They aren't going to make a T6 cruiser that's just the old excel model. A 2410 version would be awesome.
    Hold up ... a visual update only? Well, with all the hate on the T6 Fed ships out there (and we've only seen two pics), I'd rather keep the Excelsior looking the way it is.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Then you can keep flying the one we have? They aren't going to make a T6 cruiser that's just the old excel model. A 2410 version would be awesome.

Did I say they were going to make a T6 cruiser that will be the old Excelsior model?

That said, they aren't going to make a 2410 version of the Excelsior either, they'll make a new ship if and when they make one.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited August 2014

This, and
    Classic is classic, leave it be.

This! The Excel is beautiful as she is, leave her be.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited August 2014

we did when? last i looked the galaxy-retrofit is the exact same as it always has been no update there
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
    edited August 2014

And I think the OP was talking more of a visual update -> new ship anyway.

No we didn't. Galaxy R was not touched.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No we didn't. Galaxy R was not touched.

Console set bonus helps it turn faster. Geko has given you all the love he deems needed. Now he's busy working on a metric TON of ships. And probably an excelsior T6 update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    Console set bonus helps it turn faster. Geko has given you all the love he deems needed. Now he's busy working on a metric TON of ships. And probably an excelsior T6 update.

she needs more PLUS the main issue with the ship was not addressed
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    she needs more PLUS the main issue with the ship was not addressed

There's an entire feedback thread (and its legacy) for that.

THIS thread is about the shortcomings of the Excelsior and how it needs some dev love. I mean how can Geko let the Excelsior, the tippy top of the Fed's cream of the crop, languish like this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    askray wrote: »

Forget other ships. How about whole factions (or not so whole) getting the shaft?

@OP

I love the Excelsior (fleet version) I have on a fed character. The Excelsior is an amazing ship. There are other things in this game that need fixing, and the Excelsior isn't one of them (and neither is the Galaxy).
    edited August 2014
    There's an entire feedback thread (and its legacy) for that.

THIS thread is about the shortcomings of the Excelsior and how it needs some dev love. I mean how can Geko let the Excelsior, the tippy top of the Fed's cream of the crop, languish like this?

Excelsior doesn't NEED anything. Heck I fleet member who now flies regularly the excel. the ship is fine it's the Galaxy that needs love. that's the point I making. the Excel is among the best cruisers in game.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well the Excelsior COULD use a additional ship model, but that's it IMO.
    You know this or this one.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)