test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New and more powerful ships .... but what about the Borg?

13»

Comments

• rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They don't really need that, they just need to spam abilities. Alot more abilities.

You have to admit there is something sad and ironic about an enemy not having the weapons and gear obtained from them being open to them lol
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rgzarcher wrote: »
    You have to admit there is something sad and ironic about an enemy not having the weapons and gear obtained from them being open to them lol

I always considered it reverse engineered parts that the omega team came up with to make it safely work with non borg tech. Otherwise just feel like they have that stuff built in, or should.

Tbh, the borg ships just need to regen hull faster. Alot faster, cause thats one of the staple things they did.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Now I see a few people have mentioned Adaptive shielding, 7of9 stated that the Borg determined that was not an effective use of materials, took too much for a single ship when you could just make more ships. Though a passive defense that builds, like the Aegis system would be sensible, its not a complete adaption but it fits with their style.

If we really wanted to make them like the shows, then they'd have instant hull regenerative ability once they adapted to our weapons, like in "Q Who". By the end of the episode the Borg ship instantly healed any damage the Enterprise-D did, making it appear that they hadn't taken any damage in the first place. I somehow think everyone would thrown on that little trick though. :P
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    amosov78 wrote: »
    If we really wanted to make them like the shows, then they'd have instant hull regenerative ability once they adapted to our weapons, like in "Q Who". By the end of the episode the Borg ship instantly healed any damage the Enterprise-D did, making it appear that they hadn't taken any damage in the first place. I somehow think everyone would thrown on that little trick though. :P

They could make a Frequency Remodulator reusable Device for ships. I've been playing for a year and the only Devies I've ever used are Nimbus pirates and the Phase console.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Um, remember the part where they're *already* doing that?! It's called 'Assimilate Ship.' Only mistake Cryptic made, is to have TT remove this boarding party too, so few ppl even notice it even happened.

Solution? 'Assimilate Ship' can no longer be cleared by Tactical Team.

Assimilate Ship is the Borg version of Boarding Party. Works the same way really, execpt its via transporter and not interceptable shuttles. Remove the ability to counter with Tac Team, you'll probably break Boarding Party as well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    phoenicius wrote: »
    those "dirty tricks" you mention are the gift gozer left us in the form of the invisible ubertorp, you want more one-hit kill torps?

Truth be told, I've encountered those "invisi-torps" maybe once or twice.

I also still get hit by the lance when close to the Queen on occasion.

It doesn't really bother me, bug or not. It only heightens what little of the old school Borg lethality that exists in the game. And either way, players who are on top of their game can still complete the missions.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Assimilate Ship is the Borg version of Boarding Party. Works the same way really, execpt its via transporter and not interceptable shuttles. Remove the ability to counter with Tac Team, you'll probably break Boarding Party as well.

Sure; but you have to admit that being able to clear them with TT is kinda lame, as pretty much everyone has perma-TT going. Maybe the speed at which they can be removed should be tied to aux levels, or something. Or be moved to Science Team (as AS cripples you in a subnuc kinda way, sorta). The way AS currently works, at least, leaves AS countered way too easily, though. Like I said, half of the pug out there probably never even realized they've ever been hit by AS.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited August 2014

folks may not notice, but the borg actually regen, if you look closely at their HP, you'll see they get 4-5% due to regen every 10 secs or so.

also TAC cubes have FAW, so do gates, plus they have the uber ghostorp, you guys make it sound as if the borg are totally disarmed.

every thread i see like this seems to want the MMO trinity to come back to STO(which is dumb) without realizing.
    Truth be told, I've encountered those "invisi-torps" maybe once or twice.

I also still get hit by the lance when close to the Queen on occasion.

It doesn't really bother me, bug or not. It only heightens what little of the old school Borg lethality that exists in the game. And either way, players who are on top of their game can still complete the missions.

yeah, that's unlikely considering the gate will fire a ghostrorp at you as soon as if you're within range and targeted by it, so either you only got targeted by a gate "once or twice", or you're like those folks who stay as far away as possible from the gate.

power creep made it so the torp is not as deadly as it used to be, but it can still kill you if you get unlucky/distracted(which isn't that hard since you can't even see the torp).
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think the Borg should have shield adaptation for ships exactly as they have for ground. And we should get a new console to rotate and remodulate weapon frequencies to overcome it. Although, there is another option. In the TNG series, the Borg ships had adapting shields that made them invulnerable to eveything the enterprise tried. But, in first contact, this was not the case. The Borg cube simply took hits as it went, suffering relatively minor damage from the earth ships attacking it. It wasn't until the enterprise-e e warped in and Picard ordered a concentrated attack on one particular point that they finally managed to destroy it.

This is something I'd really like to see put in someday. The team leader gains the ability to designate a certain point on a cube that all players can target, and this sustained concentrated fire would take out Jorge cubes much faster than we do now. However, not concentrating fire does far less damage, taking 2 to 3 times longer to kill a cube than it does now. If there is more than 1 team in the mission, the leaders should coordinate their attacks from maximum effect.
  • kestrelliuskestrellius Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dark4blood wrote: »
    ^The Borg are the Galactus of Star Trek Universe, an ever imposing forces that is slowed for a time but never stopped. Yes Galactus was beaten by several non-godlike beings since allowing the Earth to live, but that doesn't mean every species that are not godlike doesn't still fear Galactus coming to their home Galaxy or world. The Borg are that, and to say that even the alliance of the Klingons and Federation can easily hold off the Borg invasion is really stupid.

The Borg are not the be-all and end-all of the Star Trek universe. Not even the Iconians are. Star Trek doesn't have a Big Bad. The Borg were a major threat that was encountered, dealt with, and moved on from. They're still around, but they're basically like the Romulans were during TNG as opposed to during TOS.