test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CaptainGeko: Captain's Table Update Ideas

Comments

• macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2014
    Maybe Geko should add an instant message terminal which sends him our feedback directly from in game. After all ... the forum only has rambling players ... who should be grateful that Geko gave us such a kick TRIBBLE Excelsior.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would be cautious about making this a transport hub, because it would take away from the sense of population since every lifer would just limit themselves to this one ultimate transport site, it may have an impact on the sense that the social zones are alive.

Discount commodities is a good idea, it would be enough to acually populate the zone and woudnt take away from other social zones because really, who travels to Andoria to get cheap medical supplies. etc.

move all lifetime reward vendors to the captain's table, and no where else. This would be appropriate in general, but it wouldnt really have an impact either way.

Ultimately there has to be some kind of incentive to being at the captains table, but not be game breaking. Extra 1000 dilithium refining per day would be incentive enough, and perhaps +fleet marks per hour using the same mechanics the special tribbles offer, again not really game breaking.

Fleet starbases for kdf have interesting ground buff stations, would be nice to see the Captain's Table offer similar buffs for visiting: have Quark at a bar serve you a drink, Play Dabo with Leeta, buy Morn a drink, have a drink with Scotty, Neelix could prepare you some Leola root tea, a game of poker with Data, Riker, Worf, a session with Diana, telling Westley to shut up, something nostalgic like that. I dont know how the ip rights work for this.

Boff trainers that will train Anything, like TS3, TSS3, BO3, without having to beg another player to train them for you by loaning them your boff, or forcing you to search the exchange which by the way is the most tedious task in the game, since you wont let us filter by faction. - Lifers especially are going to get these skills anyway, we are enough $$ deep into the game that we have the resources available to us, so it isnt a matter of EC's its a matter of time and patience filtering by race and waiting on the tooltip refresh timer. Why not make it easier to do so we can have more time to show the casuals, visitors, and countent tourists why we play the game with such dedication.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I haven't responded to this post yet because I've been considering what to say. I can only think of one thing missing from the Captain's Table.

Dancing Girls.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • joshglassjoshglass Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    1. Make access a token for the character usable if it's in your inventory in any map, ground or space, to take you automatically there. I used to love my "Pocket D Transporter" in CoH, and it allows instant access. If not this perhaps the idea of access via the same drop down menu that allows access to the ship interiors.

2. It's already been said, but I'll say it again: Complete. Store. Access. Since it's an inter-dimensional/time displaced thing, perhaps there is a door that takes you to a bustling marketplace populated by all manner of alien races, or maybe it's just some fat Ferenghi, in any case, install a universal store.

3. Have a John de Lancie voiced Q to give mini games for small amounts of fleet marks or to exchange other types of marks for fleet marks, and allow summer and winter event store unlocks. I personally have a couple characters that could totally use the icy boots that were created post winter event, and lots of leftover winter salvage stuff to be able to buy stuff from winter stores for them.
  • dcheneydcheney Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It would be nice if all the chairs were usable without using emotes.
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is a long shot but how about making the Suliban and other lock box doff missions available here.

Also how about making all of the Captains chairs available. It could be like the wall of uniforms in the star base.
    320x240.jpg
  • ktyrrellktyrrell Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As the CT is located inside a Spacestation, I would love to see some kind of big Arboretum incl. a small beach where people can wear their Swimsuits, fly the Hooverboard or simply fly around with the floater. Open Roof (forcefields for the win) that lets us see the Stars and a few Iconic Ships flying around (just like ESD now). Animals going around.

to give it something very unique: Add an Orion Syndicate Trader where you can exchange your Fleet Elite Weapons to the other Factions ones, if you are willing to pay the 'moderate' fee. (Elite Phasers (Space/Ground) to Elite Disruptor and vice versa).

A Marketplace run by the First Grand Nagus Gint, offering all the Comodities, Consumeables, Vanity Stuff in one Place.

Tailor

Lobi Vendor

Boff Vendor

A Boff Traits Vendor (wouldn't it be nice to Change your Boff Traits with those available to your Character via Reputation and maybe new exclusive ones?)

Unique Doff Missions and maybe Unique Doffs to buy

Easy Access via Drop Down Menu, like you visit your Bridge

Maybe a Dilithium to Marks Exchange

More interesting NPCs, let those Captains tell us Stories!

Let us Toast and Drink with others Captains and recieve minor buffs for it like at the Starbase
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    Being the captain's table is a 400 day subscriber reward, it's good for "1.25 year old golds" as well as LTSers... ;)...
    Same here. :)

I hope that after a possible revamp, it will still be accessible to us.
    lowy1 wrote: »
    1. A BoFF Trainer that can train CPT only BoFF abilities so we can train bound bridge officers in LTC and CDR Abilities. EG. I can train my Tac Officer's Reman and Voth Science Officer in Medical Tricorder 3 or his LiBorg Engineer can get DEM 3.

2. Either a Transwarp ability with 1 min CD or drop down menu to access.

3. BoFF Vendor to purchase additional Enemy Faction BoFFs provided you have attained Ambassador Status.

4. Additional ship exterior/interior skins for purchase.

5. A Vendor with reusable consumables

6. A Vendor with MK XII VR or UR TOS weapons. This could even be a dil cost or zen cost (Like 4k + the mk XI Blue).

7. A Vendor that upgrades quest reward unique space/ground equipment to MK XII VR. EG. Dominion Polaron weapons, Breen Equipment, Devidian, Piercing Tetryon, Caustic Plasma etc.

I like that ideas!

Answers to your points (because they are awesome!)
    1. I L O V E that idea!

3. Also a great idea.

4. 100% YES!
    (I think it would be great if there where additional ship skins from the various eras of Star Trek for our ships. I know that impossible to make, just let me dream...)

6. Cool idea, but i would even go a step further and add a vendor that sells skins of ENT, TOS, TNG weapons. (of course these where only skins for our actual weapons :cool: )

Some of my ideas:
    (i haven't read the novel so excuse me if something is inappropriate)

- Add every canon characer that has made it to STO so far, in their "prime" appearance. (similar to early TNG Holodeck Worf)
    - Add all "Enterprises" (NX thru -E, in a random order) and other Trek ships (Defiant, Voyager, IKS Rotarran) orbiting the station.
    - Step by step, add every important Starfleet Captain and other character and let us interact with them a bit.
    - Maybe a visual rework. Why not make it look like K7 in the past (Night of the Comet) or something completely different?
    - As previous posters have said, add everything that let's us change our appearance to an earler Star Trek era.
    (ship skins, uniforms, weapons and so on.)
    - Dancers, why not add the two dancers from Rigel X? (ENT: Broken Bow)
    - Much more references and easter eggs to the known Trek universe.
    - Pictures on the walls could show secenes from important episodes (please not just dominon war battles, i know you guys ;) )
    EDIT:
    I forgot:
    - A vendor that sells Deuterium Surplus

tacofangs wrote: »
    I've mentioned before, but my plan is still to move the Captain's Table door from the gas cloud sitting out in space, to a door in the new Club 47 when it's released.

I would also like to extend that, and add similar doors in all of the major social zones (DS9, First City, New Romulus, The Flotilla, Drozana, etc.)

I would like for each of those doors to lead to a single entrance in the Captain's Table, and for that door in the CT, to take you back where you came from. (However, that may mean that the CT would have to be set up like Fleet Bases/Player Bridges, and if you logged out there, you'd be returned from whence you came.)

I feel that if you could take that door to any of the above, it could potentially be an overpowered transport hub.

Similarly, I think that transwarping TO the Captain's Table sounds fine, but being able to TW from the table to anywhere else in the galaxy would be problematic.
    I'd make it like Fleet starbases. If you leave CT then you are returned to where you where before.
    No drama, no complications.

Regarding the CT in general:
    I would really feel bad if CT would have been made a really cool place and some ppl wouldn't have acess to it, simply because they can't afford the money for 400 days.
    Why not make it additionally a C-Store item, so ppl have the chance to earn the right to enter it by in game means?
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • captrott1captrott1 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My suggestions for the Captain's Table are as follows:

1) Remove the entrance point of the Captain's Table from Sol and Qu'nos. It looks weird and out of place there.

2) Have the Captain's table be a transwarp ability which has a reasonably short cool down,

3) Maybe have a few unique doff missions that occur only on the Captain's table map, perhaps even a chain doff mission that ends with a unique doff

4) Exchange, Tailor, Bank, Mailbox, Repair/medical services

That is about it. The transwarp ability is the big thing
  • omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I like most of the idea on here. The one idea I like to add it to create theater rooms that stream Star Trek episodes.
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    THE CAPTAINS TABLE : it should be a place for vets to purchase items that is offered in game for a discountbut it should also offer marks of all types for sale besides playing things to earn them those who dont want to play certain things can go to the captains table if they are a vet and purchase marks with any of the following EC, Latinum, Dilithium and or Zen
  • bd3648bd3648 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    derrico1 wrote: »
    THE CAPTAINS TABLE : it should be a place for vets to purchase items that is offered in game for a discountbut it should also offer marks of all types for sale besides playing things to earn them those who dont want to play certain things can go to the captains table if they are a vet and purchase marks with any of the following EC, Latinum, Dilithium and or Zen

If they offer this idea i might just buy a lifetime sub. this would also help small fleets who need marks to progress there fleets "Great Idea"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]CAPTAIN There Be Romulans Here !
  • hatax2hatax2 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This has probably already been said previously, but I'd like to see the captain's table as a destination to keep from going to others. If we had access to a wide array of NPCs / Consoles it would make it a much more functional location.

A security officer there to deal with contraband / prisoners would be great. As would the veteran dilithium refining NPC that's currently only available at the academy. Having these things near a bank / mail / exchange station would be really nice. For people that have slower computers they'd appreciate being able to handle it all in one place VS changing maps.

If we were to go overboard with the NPCs, having a personal officer NPC would be a cherry on top..

One other thought I had was to have it separated into a utility / duty zone where you can interact with NPCs and such, and a second level that's maybe above the first ala DS9's layout where it's more of a social zone. Dabo table, bartender, lots of chairs or places to gather. Just a thought to give the CT a dual feel to it so it appeals to a wider range of players.

As a recent LTS player, I have to say I'm excited that they're open to ideas and looking at revamping it. I was discussing the perks of the LTS with another player and the CT is one area where I said, meh you're not missing much with that one... Hopefully impressions of it will be changed with DRs release.
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    At this point, it would be nice for Cryptic to acknowledge the feedback provided here. More specifically, by CaptainGeko who solicited for ideas.

(I realize Cryptic employees rarely reach out -- kudos to those that do -- but in this instance, as a STO player, lifetime member and customer, I'd like to see some effort here. This isn't an entitlement, just a simple request. Thank you.)
  • paulhansellukpaulhanselluk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How about :
    1) A functional holodeck for players to :
    # "fly" hero ships (from all of the Star Trek universe), in limited reward unique missions.
    # create a "practice" build for their ships and test them, before they buy the gear.
    # "fly" ships restricted to other factions in limited reward unique missions (to see what they are like).
    # Participate in legendary battles (ie Wolf 359 or the battle of Chintoka), for limited rewards).
    # A true Kobayashimaru Test ( totally unbeatable ).
    # A kill Wesley program, nothing else just you and hundreds of spawning Wesley's (maybe a little far fetched......)
    ~ the above points could rotate, so only a few "program's" are available at any given time ~

2) Have people/crew (npc's) wearing uniforms from all eras (I think this has already been mentioned).

3) Have hero ships docked (and visible through the windows, again I think this has already been mentioned).

4) Have a several agents of the Department of Temporal Investigations, who can give out playable missions to captains, to help protect the timeline (remember Drakes comment about knowing someone who could smooth out small wrinkles in the timeline......), which will form a unique story for players to follow (story could involve players leaving the CT, and make use of existing maps, but with different objectives). With the end result being some sort of reward(s).

5) An anbo-jyutsu ring (TNG : "The Icarus Factor"), where players can challenge each other (and maybe even bet against each other).

6) A vendor that accepts accolade points for unique "skins" ships or toons.

7) A redesign of the interior, merge classic TOS architecture with current designs, to give the out of time feel.

8) An NPC who can set up shuttle races between captains (more than just speed, but control etc required).

Not sure how practical these would be, but that's my two penny worth......:eek:
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How about:

6) A vendor that accepts accolade points for unique "skins" ships or toons.

This is really nice idea, but it should be available for all players base not only vets/lives.
  • godimasgodimas Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A place to test out upcoming ships and weapons - you would NOT be able to take them out of the captains table area into the normal game.

new ships and weapons could be lock box ships, or just ships from the premium currency shop that players dont own yet.

I suppose you could think on it like adding a holodeck to the captains table programmed with the most advanced goodies starfleet knows about.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Unique Doff Assignments at the CT, possibly with better rewards than your usual doff assignments. Possibly tied into the lore of the Captain's Table. Maybe with unique rewards, such as Nerve Tonics (Hey, it exists outside of normal space and time, doesn't it?)

I liked the temporal beacon missions, maybe the doff assignments could be something similar (although with different rewards, obviously). Such as going into the future or past.

Maybe grant unique titles, or have a unique story chain in the CT. There's a lot of things that can be done using the doff interface.

I'd also suggest a Quartermaster similar to the ones found on the Tuffli or Suliban Cell Ships, with discounted commodities. If not the same exact discount percentage, then a slightly similar one.

That alone would get me to visit the CT more often.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,912 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If I may suggest, what if the Captain's table was removed as a vet reward and instead open to anyone with an active subscription? Then the Captains Table could serve as a hub for extra services for gold members?

because it's a veteran reward. if you are paying and that far away, buy a lifer sub
    sig.jpg
    edited August 2014
    ok I didn't get that far into it. let me point out a couple of things: 1. they are not going to change prices on stuff. it would be difficult to manage from a programming viewpoint.

a special weapon would be cool, assuming it does not increase power creep. maybe make it mark infinity, and scale with rank, but make it 3-5% weaker than the comparable standard weapon, or give it a unique ability, like the nadeon pulse from the Mk III phaser rifle.

2. access from both the hubs (doors in the club, an alcove heading toward the Chancellor, and on the other side of the transporter pad from the hangar access on New Romulus. in addition, a button added when you enter the system, just like the dock beam to academy etc.

3. unique games. Poker with Riker, Geordi and Data, Darts with Bashir and OBrien, practice in the ring with Chakotay, play Chess with Kirk. or KlinZha with Kor. maybe velocity with Janeway (must force shooter mode)

as mentioned before, a one stop shop, Shipyard functions, bank, exchange, vendors.

someone mentioned a consumable captains powers, like the Good Day to Die power, etc, that would be cool but they should have a fairly long cooldown, say 3 minutes, be BOP, and occupy a device slot.

I would LOVE to see some sort of way to purchase a warp nacelle skin, so I can change the color of my drive.
    sig.jpg
    edited August 2014
    skyywalk3r wrote: »
    The Captains Table should have weapons, shields and kits that can ONLY be purchased at the Captains Table.
    godimas wrote: »
    A place to test out upcoming ships and weapons - you would NOT be able to take them out of the captains table area into the normal game.

new ships and weapons could be lock box ships, or just ships from the premium currency shop that players dont own yet.

I suppose you could think on it like adding a holodeck to the captains table programmed with the most advanced goodies starfleet knows about.

a simulator like a foundry mission? would be interesting especially if you could choose from all weapons in game
    sig.jpg
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Perhaps my earlier post was slightly misunderstood...

As there needs to be some sort of a "draw" to the Captain's Table, I went with the "every vendor and/or contact" in the game. Tailor. Fleet Shops, all fully unlocked but drawing off the player's fleet's provisions (just as it would in a map invite, so no fleet ships here). Discount Commodities. Existing fancy-DOff locales like the Suliban officer on the Cell ship. Stuff sold to the "EC" vendors would be at the 50% of value rate like most bartenders or the vendor at the Dyson Ground Battlezone.

However, I draw the line at creating a new "exclusive" content strictly for the table, besides the map(s) and other flavor (the aforementioned 29th Century Enterprise Captain, Concierge's time slips, etc.) Cell ships, security officers, bank/mail/exchange, fleet vendors, etc. can be all visited by either visiting what public map they're on, or receiving an appropriate invite (fleet / bridge), and these avenues are still available for F2P players to access the contacts, while 400+ gold vets & lifers get the special zone one-stop-shopping convenience...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • rhiwaow1rhiwaow1 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    how about redesigning the interior to be surrounded by a kind of force field bubble, and switch outsides occasionally to some important event - the battle of wolf 359, the original khitomer conference and stuff like that? maybe add some teasers in as well for where you want to take us with future expansions - scenes that we just can't connect yet to events.

or maybe instead of a force field bubble on the outside have a gallery or something where we can go watch these things?
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A Vendor where you can transform Items/Accolades no longer obtainable into accountwide ones when you have that on at least one Character.
    (Like the 25 year anniversary of TNG, it came with special clothing options / the Crystalline Shard Space Pet, unobtainable for Romulans...)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I dunno.

Making the CT usable for fast-travel between various social hubs is just about the only thing that would make it genuinely useful and a desirable place to visit. But that's also the one use they've ruled out.
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    While at the captains table you should be able to see every currently available doff mission in the game.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CT shouldn't offer any extra missions, doff assignments, unique rewards, generally nothing giving advantage and not being obtainable by f2p other way than sub.

It should be fully equipped social hub where Vets and livers could do/obtain certain things faster, ex. all nebula support doff missions in one place.
  • gdeemergdeemer Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I like some of the ideas presented:

Re: Travel - The reason I do not usually go there is because it takes longer to get there. Transwarp to ESD, then fly to anomaly, then zone in, then dock ...

1) Door from Bridge
    2) Transwarp to the Captain's Table
    3) Transwarp Gate (to leave the Captain's Table)

I'd add 4) Door from Captain's Table to [all Diplomat locations plus some other useful ones)

Re: Vendors

1) Maybe a consolidated Vendor that does everything (and maybe at a 10% discount)
    a) All resources
    b) All fleet purchases (tied to your fleet unlocks and provisions)
    c) All foods/drinks [Payment by telling a story, not EC]
    d) All Ship Repair Kits
    e) All Injury Repair kits
    f) All Normal Ship/Equipment Purchases
    g) Ability to invite other non-veteran players that are a part of the team (through your bridge) ~~ Limited one time per week. This limits it to 4 players that I could bring every week.
    ========================
    Deemer
    Fleet Admiral
    Mechanized Dragons
    ========================
  • joshglassjoshglass Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I've mentioned before, but my plan is still to move the Captain's Table door from the gas cloud sitting out in space, to a door in the new Club 47 when it's released.

I would also like to extend that, and add similar doors in all of the major social zones (DS9, First City, New Romulus, The Flotilla, Drozana, etc.)

I would like for each of those doors to lead to a single entrance in the Captain's Table, and for that door in the CT, to take you back where you came from. (However, that may mean that the CT would have to be set up like Fleet Bases/Player Bridges, and if you logged out there, you'd be returned from whence you came.)

I feel that if you could take that door to any of the above, it could potentially be an overpowered transport hub.

Similarly, I think that transwarping TO the Captain's Table sounds fine, but being able to TW from the table to anywhere else in the galaxy would be problematic.

Since it's only available to people who spent 200-300 dollars specifically to use it, and not everyone, I don't for a second feel it an overpowered transwarp ability, were the door allowed to be used to transport to any of the social hubs from it.. As it stands, we can already pay to transwarp almost anywhere important in the game through episode missions without a cooldown. I rarely use my normal transwarp abilities that do have a cool down. It would just be nice to be on DS9 doing stuff, realize that I need to re-train a BOFF and be able to step through a couple doors, (which are breaking space/time laws since the CT is supposed to be outside of space time), to get to the trainer on Space Dock or First City.
  • nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    joshglass wrote: »
    Since it's only available to people who spent 200-300 dollars specifically to use it, and not everyone, I don't for a second feel it an overpowered transwarp ability, were the door allowed to be used to transport to any of the social hubs from it.. As it stands, we can already pay to transwarp almost anywhere important in the game through episode missions without a cooldown. I rarely use my normal transwarp abilities that do have a cool down. It would just be nice to be on DS9 doing stuff, realize that I need to re-train a BOFF and be able to step through a couple doors, (which are breaking space/time laws since the CT is supposed to be outside of space time), to get to the trainer on Space Dock or First City.

That would be nice, but "just a place I step through in everyday business" is hardly in the spirit of the Captain's Table, is it?

I like the ideas about previews, and a few lore-based/unique exclusive items. I also like the idea someone mentioned of being able to bring a boff or two - that would add quite a bit to the social and RP possibilities.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.