New Beam Overload and discussed FaW changes: Why it's a bad idea

123457»

Comments

• Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nitefiuu wrote: »
    a2bFaWDEMetc

You really undermine your credibility regarding your understanding of mechanics when you say something like this. You know that Aux2Bat is not optimal for the vast majority of ships, right? It's nowhere near as essential/powerful as FAW or DEM with Marion.

People complaining about FAW also don't seem to realize that any nerf would require equally significant buffs. There's a reason NWS is done with cannons - because CSV hits everything in a cone, all with increased damage. Every additional target increases the total damage dealt.

FAW on the other hand can't keep up with the sheer number of targets, because the total damage dealt by FAW damage is capped at two targets. Two targets deals doubles the damage of one target, any additional targets does not increase the total damage dealt, and actually reduces the damage dealt per target.

(I personally think they should just be direct analogues of each other. FAW should fire at everything in a cone, like CSV, and BO should be rapid pulses of damage on a single target, like CRF.)
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    You really undermine your credibility regarding your understanding of mechanics when you say something like this. You know that Aux2Bat is not optimal for the vast majority of ships, right? It's nowhere near as essential/powerful as FAW or DEM with Marion.

People complaining about FAW also don't seem to realize that any nerf would require equally significant buffs. There's a reason NWS is done with cannons - because CSV hits everything in a cone, all with increased damage. Every additional target increases the total damage dealt.

FAW on the other hand can't keep up with the sheer number of targets, because the total damage dealt by FAW damage is capped at two targets. Two targets deals doubles the damage of one target, any additional targets does not increase the total damage dealt, and actually reduces the damage dealt per target.

(I personally think they should just be direct analogues of each other. FAW should fire at everything in a cone, like CSV, and BO should be rapid pulses of damage on a single target, like CRF.)

I think you need to consider the possibility that he was referring to that specific combo on the many ships that can effectively use it. Sure, it may not provide the maximum DPS but DPS isn't everything. In fact, having the highest actual DPS counts for a lot less if you're dying all the time. Something that Aux2Bull$h!t helps with in a BIG way.
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh yeah baby, now they nerfed BO even more!!. So, now i need another boff layout to get rid of my BO abilities, since now they are completely useless. I love this game update after update lol... :mad:
  • Options
    nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ive roughly lost like 10k base dmg with all my buffs up.

well played/nicely done, cryppletic. looking forward to loose more so i can compete with shuttles while using my bo's
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING