test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New crafting system is PWE scam

meridian113meridian113 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
With new crafting system in game you can see only one thing.
It is another lock box lotto scam from PWE.
You can hardly get very rare mats in game and from R&D packs they drop rarely.
you need around 1000 zen to get few very rare mats.
It is a big time money scam nothing else.
Post edited by meridian113 on

Comments

• Options
    drakie79drakie79 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Tried it for the first time yesterday. Might have just been a glitch, but it would not let me start a rare DOFF mission to get samples, had the correct DOFFS and everything just would not let me begin it. Lower ones were okay. In all I think I will give it a miss, was not too optimistic before I tried, but its good to look and try. Sadly I was correct about my feelings. I hope those that are pleased with the new crafting efforts enjoy it though.
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Run ESTFs, I've gotten a few from that and I haven't even been doing many lately. WHile it is a big cash grab, there are plenty of ways to get mats, you just have to leave ESD.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    gojoredgojored Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    like lowli1 said, run estf's. have patience, dont try to compete with the folks who keep throwing money at the game, i used to be one of those until i realized what a horrible waste that is.
    That said, i have in two-three days off and on play gotten 4 very rare materials, playing estf's. its a time consuming process, it takes lots of material and time to build the school trees as well, just have fun with it, you'll find lots of good things happen that way!
    Play hard, Play well, have fun!:)
    [SIGPIC]tritrophic mutualism: we get a viable game experience, and perfect worlds new ai "ARC" dines on our zen[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Might i also point out that at LvL 20, you end up needing 1/3 the mats, as your chance for critting purple component assembly is 100% (gives 3 on crit)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    For me its that I was unable to start the DOFF mission I wanted, go away for abit, then collect rewards. I have been away from the game until yesterday, playing half a dozen things I got from a steam sale, glad I got them now as I have been let down with the crafting. Would have been nice if they would have created afew new playable races, a novelty to go through the crafting with, I mean we have fancy new Xindi boffs but I cant look like one atleast?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Also I will not be throwing money at the game, is abit low to offer the components like that, but like we always say its business. Getting your money with minimum effort applied. Good luck to them.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

So what do you think is paying for the costs of F2P ??? Keep in mind that if STO doesn't make money, it will cease to exist. Do you really want to see the end of STO ???
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    drakie79 wrote: »
    For me its that I was unable to start the DOFF mission I wanted, go away for abit, then collect rewards. I have been away from the game until yesterday, playing half a dozen things I got from a steam sale, glad I got them now as I have been let down with the crafting. Would have been nice if they would have created afew new playable races, a novelty to go through the crafting with, I mean we have fancy new Xindi boffs but I cant look like one atleast?

It takes FAR more work to create a new species, than to create a BOFF.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I know it takes effort to make a playable race and its last thing I want them to do. They need to stick with what they are able to do.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2014

You don't need money to do it...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So what do you think is paying for the costs of F2P ??? Keep in mind that if STO doesn't make money, it will cease to exist. Do you really want to see the end of STO ???

Well,there is a difference in buying a ship from the c-store and buying keys for the same amount of Zen....with the ship I know what I'm getting and it's an account wide unlock,with the keys chances are good you never get that fancy ship from the lock box.

I don't know about you,but when I open lock boxes...I feel cheated.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well,there is a difference in buying a ship from the c-store and buying keys for the same amount of Zen....with the ship I know what I'm getting and it's an account wide unlock,with the keys chances are good you never get that fancy ship from the lock box.

You can always just get the keys then sell them for what you want lol. That is what I do when I don't need anything from the lobi store. Although being that I mostly play KDF the whole story behind lockboxes in first place was to make the money needed so they could make more KDF stuff among other neglected areas of the game but not much ever happened with that.

I could agree on the very rare drops you need to craft stuff although I did a bunch of stfs just to see which stuff dropped but I am yet to get one that way but if you buy the c-store one it almost always has them. So pretty much all I'll do is do the easy route and just doff then trade dilithium in for the boxes lol.
  • Options
    havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't know about scam. It's not like you've been hoodwinked here. You have a personal choice on whether or not to buy for or even participate in the new crafting system. It's not like anyone used the crafting setup before 9.5, so don't even lie.

With regular content.

Pray to RNG for quality drop.
    Pray to RNG for procs.
    Pray to RNG you win the loot (if applicable)

Now crafting.

You run the STF and get all of the above RNG chance at drops.
    Pray to the RNG for good mats in your box.
    (or buy mats and pray to the RNG for good mats in your box ~50k Dili per :eek:)
    Pray to the RNG for rarity while eating the cost of 13 VR mats ONE Mk12 item.
    Pray to the RNG for good procs.

Repeat ~25 times to gear ship.
    Repeat ~5 times per Boff/PlayerCharacter.

It's not all bad, hitting crit on components can produce 3 or more for the cost of 1, yet the cost and rarity of DoFF's can be pretty steep.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All in all, se 9 was a good launch nice new content and story (despite MANY glitches bugs and unhappiness)9.5 however is a blatant cash grab with little in the way of "worthy" for money ,jut gimme gimme so I say, give them nothing. I will not spend a dime on this game until NEW CONTENT is release F2P CONTENT not pay us more for nothing BS.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Words matter. A scam would be if you paid for something and did not get it, or got something inferior/ misrepresented. It is quite clear that, if you spend real $$, you only have a chance to win, play at your own risk -- as you said, its the same as lockboxes.
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    drakie79 wrote: »
    Tried it for the first time yesterday. Might have just been a glitch, but it would not let me start a rare DOFF mission to get samples, had the correct DOFFS and everything just would not let me begin it. Lower ones were okay. In all I think I will give it a miss, was not too optimistic before I tried, but its good to look and try. Sadly I was correct about my feelings. I hope those that are pleased with the new crafting efforts enjoy it though.

It's a glitch and it's been noted. If you have everything you need and the Begin Mission is still not active, close all the windows and then open the Doff window again. It should not be lit for you to press and begin.

As far as money goes, this is the only game I play so yeah I throw a few dollars here and there to either get things quickly or C-Store items. I rarely open boxes though. Usually I just use Zen to sell keys for EC or to get Dil.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Exactly. PWE / Cryptic need $ to continue. As soon as none can be made at a certain level, STO is gone, just like any business, this game was created to generate income. Being subscription based when it was released to now being a micro transaction game, I for one am surprised we can do so much without ever being forced to spend a dime. We need some players to spend the money, and I am ok with them having any advantage or shortcut handed to them, because I in turn, can do the same thing if I chose to spend $ too. With out them there would be no STO... unless they turned to in game banner advertising.
  • Options
    jengozjengoz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

That is because you have been cheated.
    "Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jengoz wrote: »
    That is because you have been cheated.

nonsense. Every single box contains lobi. Anything else that happens to be in the box is a bonus. If you got lobi, you were not cheated. If you expected something more, you deluded yourself.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Its not a scam.

Your not forced to do it as its optional. I don't know about the mat drops, but I'm getting some from doing Doffs. I don't do STFs, so I can't say much on that.

The game needs to make $ to keep it going. Being F2P they have to make $ somehow. Either through the Zen store or other ways. Even WoW as big they are have a store to make more $ since the Subs isn't enough cash flow for them.

Even the lockboxes isn't a scam. Cause each one that has items. Players put those items on the exchange to sell. And I buy them to use on my characters. Such as gear, ships, etc. The latest box I got 3 new ships to enjoy.

If you don't like the feature on the game. Then don't do it. I'm using it to the best I can do with what I can. So it won't matter if I get far or not.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    gizmox64 wrote: »
    Exactly. PWE / Cryptic need $ to continue. As soon as none can be made at a certain level, STO is gone, just like any business, this game was created to generate income. Being subscription based when it was released to now being a micro transaction game, I for one am surprised we can do so much without ever being forced to spend a dime. We need some players to spend the money, and I am ok with them having any advantage or shortcut handed to them, because I in turn, can do the same thing if I chose to spend $ too. With out them there would be no STO... unless they turned to in game banner advertising.

Well said I'm one of those that chooses to spend money when I can. It's my disposable income and I choose to use it on my gaming hobby...not using mortgage money or something so I'm okay with it :P

I usually do get things quicker than my f2p fleet mates but I find that with their grinding they are only 1-2 months (sometimes a lot less, sometimes more) from getting the same things I just bought with money...I just have little patience :D
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lowy1 wrote: »
    Run ESTFs, I've gotten a few from that and I haven't even been doing many lately. WHile it is a big cash grab, there are plenty of ways to get mats, you just have to leave ESD.

Can you tell one single way to get purple mat WITHOUT doing stfs or buying packs in the c-store?
  • Options
    drasymdrasym Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Basic math will show you the BEST way to get a lobi ship is to sell those keys on the market and buy the ship you want. Opening boxes is gambling, pure and simple. IF you play the lotto, buy a stack of cards and don't win do you feel cheated? NEVER understood this attitude. Cryptic keeps tossing lockboxes at the game because people keep buying keys. Don't like it? DON"T DO IT!!

JUST DON"T

NO.

STOP

(ya i know.. they will keep doing it and keep complaining about it--- just don't understand them... wanders off muttering)
  • Options
    drasymdrasym Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can you tell one single way to get purple mat WITHOUT doing stfs or buying packs in the c-store?

buy on exchange
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    gizmox64 wrote: »
    Exactly. PWE / Cryptic need $ to continue.

:P, even more money?? dude , they must be the richest people in the world right now.. xD. Its obvious that you still dont have a clue how cryptic works.. apparently xD. They only care about money, thats all, but sure they dont "need" more money :P
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    drasym wrote: »
    buy on exchange

hahaha that was that sarcasm, right??

And any other way? meaning, playing the regular game (but without doing stfs)??
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    :P, even more money?? dude , they must be the richest people in the world right now.. xD. Its obvious that you still dont have a clue how cryptic works.. apparently xD. They only care about money, thats all, but sure they dont "need" more money :P

Now, I don't think this system was in any state to release, but I can't agree with you.

Thing is, running an ESTF or CCE is a perfectly acceptable (and free) way to get these materials.

There are plenty of valid thing to criticise about 9.5, but this isnt one of them.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    havokreign wrote: »
    I don't know about scam. It's not like you've been hoodwinked here. You have a personal choice on whether or not to buy for or even participate in the new crafting system. It's not like anyone used the crafting setup before 9.5, so don't even lie.

With regular content.

Pray to RNG for quality drop.
    Pray to RNG for procs.
    Pray to RNG you win the loot (if applicable)

Now crafting.

You run the STF and get all of the above RNG chance at drops.
    Pray to the RNG for good mats in your box.
    (or buy mats and pray to the RNG for good mats in your box ~50k Dili per :eek:)
    Pray to the RNG for rarity while eating the cost of 13 VR mats ONE Mk12 item.
    Pray to the RNG for good procs.

Repeat ~25 times to gear ship.
    Repeat ~5 times per Boff/PlayerCharacter.

It's not all bad, hitting crit on components can produce 3 or more for the cost of 1, yet the cost and rarity of DoFF's can be pretty steep.

Also at lvl 20 your chance of critting components that require dilithium is 100%
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Thankfully there are none