test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trapped in trapped

pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
Hey guys, I thought I'd share a little bug with you I've encountered, more for humour than anything else.

In the mission trapped (Spoilers), when the hirogen pull you in to the wormholey thing. You can be pulled into a piece of debris and get stuck there. Fortunately, the wormhole puts you into red alert. Permanently. So you can't warp out. I am now trapped by the hirogen. Send help. Please. :P

(I've sent a ticket and hopefully it gets sorted, its just a random alt so its not the end of the world)
Post edited by pwecangetlost on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    This is STILL around? Dang... Its been months since I ran into this at least...
    They got a bug report, and the advice I got was to log out of that character and wait a while for the game to kick that character out into sector space. And I got that advice AFTER that happened. lol
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I run into this pretty much every time I do this mission. As mentioned, log out for a few once you get trapped and then come back and you should be out of that map and can continue the mission from there.
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cheers guys, I didn't realise there was such a simple solution. The whole red alert/ pinned thing in had me slightly flummoxed.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Isn't there also the /stuck command? (Type into chat). Not sure it would help here, but something one can try.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    there is also supposed to be a failsafe built into the mission precisely for situations like this, being that after 30 seconds of the game detecting you still being on map 1 when you should be on map 2, it'll automatically transfer you...only problem is, that check rarely ever works for most people
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.