test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why am I NOT being allowed to use the Exchange?

cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 148 Arc User
No matter what location I try it from... I cannot use the Exchange. It keeps telling me "Unable to make this purchase. Please try again later". Other people can use the Exchange. So why can't I? :mad:
Post edited by cannydog on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Obvious questions:
    • Have EC?
    • Have Inventory Room?
    • Item you are trying to buy is your faction?

Next, in some cases, the item you see is sold seconds before you try to buy it... In such case, you will also get that error message.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • natewest1natewest1 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have been having problems as well. I can't seem to post anything on the exchange. I put it up it says it is on the exchange, but it does not show up on the actual exchange. I am selling a swimsuit. I set the price at say, 5.5 mil, just under the current lowest seller. I come back later, the cheapest available suit is 6 million, but my suit still has not been sold...I'm not sure what is going on.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cannydog wrote: »
    No matter what location I try it from... I cannot use the Exchange. It keeps telling me "Unable to make this purchase. Please try again later". Other people can use the Exchange. So why can't I? :mad:

In your situation, what is normally happening, is the item sells before you try to buy it.
    natewest1 wrote: »
    I have been having problems as well. I can't seem to post anything on the exchange. I put it up it says it is on the exchange, but it does not show up on the actual exchange. I am selling a swimsuit. I set the price at say, 5.5 mil, just under the current lowest seller. I come back later, the cheapest available suit is 6 million, but my suit still has not been sold...I'm not sure what is going on.

And for your problem, it is often because you are looking at the list of items, by using the general search category, and not actually looking for the item in the correct category, and not using the whole item name correctly.

In other words, I could be searching for a VR phaser beam array mk xii.

If I type in the name under search with no specifics, it will bring up a complete list of phaser beam arrays mk xii, but not all of them.

Now if I go to the ship weapons category, switch to VR items only, and type in the phaser beam array mk xii, voila it will narrow my search, and most definitely show even my item on that list, if I was selling one.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cannydog wrote: »

Because someone beat you to the sale.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Which category are you looking in?

If you choose "all" instead of the specific category ("reward packs" in your case), not every item is going to be displayed, due to a bug.

/edit: too slow. :/
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Which category are you looking in?

If you choose "all" instead of the specific category ("reward packs" in your case), not every item is going to be displayed, due to a bug.

/edit: too slow. :/

https://www.google.com/search?q=picture+of+homer+simpson+saying+doh&rlz=1T4RNVC_enUS561US561&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ObbQU6O7LIiYyAS6rYC4Cw&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=1600&bih=744

/10char
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Obvious questions:
    • Have EC?
    • Have Inventory Room?
    • Item you are trying to buy is your faction?

Next, in some cases, the item you see is sold seconds before you try to buy it... In such case, you will also get that error message.
    • Is your doff Roster full?
    • Is your Bridge Officer Candidate list full?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • schposchpo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014

How much later? I had this problem few days ago, items didn't show up right away.
    But eventually they did, it took around 15 min for my items to appear on the exchange and now the problem is gone.
  • belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    After the last patch and for a good few days the exchange was extremely laggy for me and a lot of people, this was causing purchases to fail and making posting items extremely slow and laborious. Could that be your issue?