test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Say something positive about: Voyager

124»

Comments

• kestrelliuskestrellius Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh. I forgot about Kes. Yeah, Kes was adorable. Total Mary Sue, of course, but still adorable. TBH, I find her loads more attractive than Seven, but Seven is actually a really interesting and well-done character, so.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh. I forgot about Kes. Yeah, Kes was adorable. Total Mary Sue, of course, but still adorable. TBH, I find her loads more attractive than Seven, but Seven is actually a really interesting and well-done character, so.

Sexploitation aside, Seven was actually fairly well-acted, even if her scripts were utter TRIBBLE.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    seseron wrote: »
    Voyager's "Meld" was a thought provoking episode. Brad Dourif reprised his primary role as a crazy dude, playing a betazoid serial killer named Lon Suder. It was a deeply philosophical inquiry into mental illness and viable treatments.

Suder, a Maquis member, had no outlet for his murderous tendencies, of which he satisfied his impulses in the war with the Cardassians. Despite being a betazoid, he had no powers of empathy or telepathy, a symptom of his psychological disorders. Tuvok began treating him using Vulcan therapy and mind-melding.

Eventually, Suder found redemption when he retook Engineering from the Kazon during the hijacking of Voyager. That was a bold move by the writers, and made a powerful statement to that effect. And of course Dourif's acting was superb, as would be expected from him. IMHO, he ranks up there with other underappreciated, underutilized actors, like Dallas Roberts and Ben Foster.
    Yeah, I was sad to see Suder die. :( Especially since I got the feeling that he wanted to go out in a blaze of glory more than he wanted to live.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gut155gut155 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    it seems to me that this was the only series (Other than DS9) that was willing to consistently break the ship and the set...
  • wazzybutterballswazzybutterballs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    One New York cheesecake
  • mthomps016mthomps016 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Tuvok and the EMH. Otherwise, the series was just not what I enjoyed. Although there were some good bits, like "Flashback".

Really, at this point, having a mission where he appears would be great. And possibly as a reward, an appearance locked Mk 1 EMH BOff (or C-store)
  • hunterhead97hunterhead97 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Coffee, The 37's episode, and last but not least *DRUMROLL* Neelix!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee, black."
    "Make it yourself."