Options

The new standard updated yet?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dkratasco wrote: »
    Honestly, when I see that Captain version I see this. I understand the idea to make captain look different from rest of crew, and as red is now tactical not command color, Captains and XO should get own color for command division.

Personally I use full black uniform (similar to Flag Officer version). With such color code:

Stripe across the chest color depend on division: Tac/security - red, Ops/Engineering - yellow, Sci/Medical - blue, Captain/XO - black

Stripe trim color means rank/station: Gold for Captain and departments heads, Silver for XO and all in officer ranks, dark gray for crewmen

Ok, I will also provide picture how it look live.

From left: Captain, XO, Tactic department head officer, Ops department officer (transporter chief), chief medical officer.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Although the "tactical" variant will probably sport a pocket or something to make it more "practical".

Indeed. The extra detailing makes it look as if it has pockets etc in places that might be useful. It turns the (imo) nasty looking oddy outfit into something that isn't all that bad and that I might just use. Nothing short of miraculous :D

But for now, I've decided to put my toons into Antares tops (antares 2 I think? The one which has no open jacket variant?) that used to be one of the standards. A kind of a "I don't like the new stuff so I'm going to use the old" move. Truth be told, I've already had quite a few newbies PM me along the lines of "What is that outfit?" and "How do I get that outfit?". :P
    I need a beer.

• Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hell, maybe fed uniform technology is just more stain resistant?

That's really my assumption. More stain resistant and more durable, so you can look snazzy all the time.

I mean, the entire point of not wearing a snappy service uniform at all times is because it can be soiled, damaged, or a safety hazard to whatever you were doing. If the technology negates those issues, there's no reason to need to change.

Yay, Imgur! A host I can actually see instead of being redirected to a crappy interface that demands I enable Java for god knows how many domains and then still doesn't work.
  • Options
    undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    That's really my assumption. More stain resistant and more durable, so you can look snazzy all the time.

I mean, the entire point of not wearing a snappy service uniform at all times is because it can be soiled, damaged, or a safety hazard to whatever you were doing. If the technology negates those issues, there's no reason to need to change.

This. I agree with all of this. As for the pockets, make them choosable. Who says clothing tech has not reached the point where you can say "I think I'll need pockets for this mission" and just slap some on the way they do phasers and tricorder holsters?

One if the biggest hallmarks of any technological advance is increases in modularity and customizability.
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Lets not forget that swapping uniform in Star Trek is as easy as walking into a Turbolift and saying "Computer, fresh uniform." or similar. Ergo, getting messy is a non-issue.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Lets not forget that swapping uniform in Star Trek is as easy as walking into a Turbolift and saying "Computer, fresh uniform." or similar. Ergo, getting messy is a non-issue.

I wish the BOffs had it so easy.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sirokk wrote: »

Yes... :(

I miss being able to swap Boffs from uniform to armour...
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Yes... :(

I miss being able to swap Boffs from uniform to armour...

They could easily fix that with Boff Costume slots. They could even make saome money on the side for it from zen purchases.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014

From left: Captain, XO, Tactic department head officer, Ops department officer (transporter chief), chief medical officer.

Kinda reminds me of the Stat Bars from Babylon 5.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Kinda reminds me of the Stat Bars from Babylon 5.

Speaking of B5, I've been messing around on tribble and I might put the oddy tac variant in an olive drab colour scheme, similar to the earthforce marine officers uniforms.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Might be interesting to see the results of that.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)