test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The new standard updated yet?

cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Federation Discussion
So, as per: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6003273

Ok, you can't use the belt yet, but I've just set it up on my Vulcan main, and it looks properly good, just like what a 25th Century Starfleet Uniform should look like - the previews linked above don't do it justice.

Anyone else bought the current fleet uniform and set it up, being too impatient to wait for the freebie to be released?

ETA - thread title broke... Could it be changed to "The new standard - updated yet?" it forgot a word... TYIA.
Post edited by cbrjwrr on

Comments

• Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No, not yet. This week, or maybe the next.

I honestly despise the oddy outfit. The tac one is miraculous that it makes that oddy outfit into something that I would use though.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's a wonderful uniform, I'm glad Starfleet finally got a Starfleet-looking uniform as standard. That it's also better than the majority of the C store uniforms is even better. I don't care for any of the variants except the long coat, though.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    The Odyssey uniform looks a lot better than the Antaeus uniforms. And I've pretty much been glued to the Sierra 1 as my standard uniform because it was a lot closer to the TNG/DS9/Voyager style with the shoulders.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I love the uniforms, but am not that crazy about the color scheme. Especially the white captain shoulder... bleh.

I'll probably wind up using one of my myriad costume slots for a STO standard uniform, but I'm going to continue sporting my AGT-inspired scheme that I love throwing around this pic of.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    I love the uniforms, but am not that crazy about the color scheme. Especially the white captain shoulder... bleh.

I'll probably wind up using one of my myriad costume slots for a STO standard uniform, but I'm going to continue sporting my AGT-inspired scheme that I love throwing around this pic of.

I like that uniform. You have a uniform color guide image for it somewhere?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014

I didn't like the white shoulders at first either, but they've grown on me.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

What about the Flag Officer one?
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    What about the Flag Officer one?
    It's too dark.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I like that uniform. You have a uniform color guide image for it somewhere?

Gimme a few minutes and I can.

Fair warning, my sciences color has actually changed since that shot - I used to divide medical and science into teal and blue respectively, but have since unified them into a different blue. You'll see when I post it in the uniform screenie gallery...
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Agreed.
    I'm not fond about the color scheme too. Way too dark IMO.
    I know the devs are DS9 fans, but as long as even in universe variations are allowed, i'm ok with it.

I'm going to continue the TNG inspired color scheme on some Characters and the AGT (like yours) on some other Characters. Maybe i use the standard colors too, i like variations. :)

Just like most of you, i'm grateful they have finally stopped using x different uniforms+variations on Starfleet NPCs in the game, that was just weird IMO.

EDIT:
    I almost forgot, i am going to use the 200 Day Veteran Uniform Jacket. I just love the sleeves. :)
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I bought the odyssey a while ago and i am not regretting it because now i get the new ones for free ;-)

I love the white shoulder pieces but i alway s thought they would become the flag officers variant. Now officers have black, captains have white and Admirals have again black shoulder pieces.

I also dont like that some NPCs at ESD are wearing the same uniform style that Admiral Quinn is wearing (with the stripes on the sleeves) but it will only be avaialable for veterans. Well, i am happy with the look of the Dress uniform (males can wear it too) for my formal admirlas dress.

What i do not understand is that the Uniform specifications from the latest Dev Blog say that Ranks and Com Badge should have the color A9 but i can only go up to A8 which is much darker.

I also dont like that the Belt for the flag officers is the Jupiter Veteran one which is also not free. i will use the Odyssey Belt when they release it.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I like the Oddyssey uniform, although I don't think it looks like a duty garment you'd wear on a starship. That's why I use it as a kind of field jacket (with added visible mobile shield emitter and different trousers for a hazard ops/combat situation) while the AGT tunic remains my on-board duty garment in different varians. Variant A - canon AGT, Variant B - TNG inspired (black shoulders, not in thi picture) and Variant C - STO inspired. This works for me.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, got the uniform from the Fleet a couple months ago. I like it. I set it up on one of my captains and most of his BOffs.

The cap has got the white shoulders. It just needs the belt, I'm used to having a belt on him, have been using the WoK belt.

Now that it's standard, I'd like to get the Dil back, unless it got donated to some orphans. :)
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    Now that it's standard, I'd like to get the Dil back, unless it got donated to some orphans. :)

Maybe it got donated to some orphans and you're getting the two new fleet variants?
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Honestly, when I see that Captain version I see this. I understand the idea to make captain look different from rest of crew, and as red is now tactical not command color, Captains and XO should get own color for command division.

Personally I use full black uniform (similar to Flag Officer version). With such color code:

Stripe across the chest color depend on division: Tac/security - red, Ops/Engineering - yellow, Sci/Medical - blue, Captain/XO - black

Stripe trim color means rank/station: Gold for Captain and departments heads, Silver for XO and all in officer ranks, dark gray for crewmen
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I bought the Odyssey uniform for my the three "normal" Federation bridge crews months ago (one other flies a Dyson cruiser and has that uniform), first dilithium weekend IIRC. Probably upgrade them all to the tactical version (which looks brilliant graphics guys, tvm :)) when the new ones drop. Love the thought that my crew will finally match my boffs more or less.

Went with a dark grey scheme/light grey shoulders with the strip matching the department colours, silver badge and gold rank marks. Probably going to stick with that rather than go with the new standard scheme, IMO the darker shoulders make it a little drab.

Not sure about the standard pattern white captain shoulders from the blog either, suggests dress uniform colours to me.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    sirokk wrote: »

Relax dude, you will be getting two more uniforms to make up for the fact your current one is being handed out to everyone, a Tactical and a Dress uniform.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I like the Oddyssey uniform, although I don't think it looks like a duty garment you'd wear on a starship. That's why I use it as a kind of field jacket (with added visible mobile shield emitter and different trousers for a hazard ops/combat situation) while the AGT tunic remains my on-board duty garment in different varians. Variant A - canon AGT, Variant B - TNG inspired (black shoulders, not in thi picture) and Variant C - STO inspired. This works for me.

It's definitely not a field jacket to me. The oddy outfit strikes me as more of a garrison uniform (like this or this ) rather than a truly practical field uniform (like this or this ).
    I need a beer.

• Options
    jamiedarcyjamiedarcy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I got the standard Odyssey Uniform a few weeks back. I love it. I just wanted to know when we can purchase the Dress & Tac uniforms?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jamiedarcy wrote: »
    I got the standard Odyssey Uniform a few weeks back. I love it. I just wanted to know when we can purchase the Dress & Tac uniforms?

A week or three for Holodeck, Tribble they are already available.
  • Options
    jamiedarcyjamiedarcy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Great thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's definitely not a field jacket to me. The oddy outfit strikes me as more of a garrison uniform (like this or this ) rather than a truly practical field uniform (like this or this ).

Keep in mind that those are army uniforms. Starfleet officers are more of a cross between Airforce and Navy.

Personally, I'll keep two outfits - a dress outfit for the missions where I'm all dressed up (like the recent one where we were part of the presentation to the ambassadors), and the tactical outfit otherwise.
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Keep in mind that those are army uniforms. Starfleet officers are more of a cross between Airforce and Navy.

Personally, I'll keep two outfits - a dress outfit for the missions where I'm all dressed up (like the recent one where we were part of the presentation to the ambassadors), and the tactical outfit otherwise.

yeah those were army uniforms, but the Navy and Air Force both have uniforms very similar to those now.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My understanding is that the Navy only wear Working Uniforms when the Service Uniforms would be unduly soiled or are otherwise inappropriate.

Given that by the TNG period their Duty Uniforms don't seem to get very dirty, and even when Chief O'Brien is knee-deep in repairs there doesn't seem to be a need to change into a Working Uniform, I don't see why they would need "field uniforms".
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yreodred wrote: »
    Agreed.
    I'm not fond about the color scheme too. Way too dark IMO.
    I know the devs are DS9 fans, but as long as even in universe variations are allowed, i'm ok with it.

I'm going to continue the TNG inspired color scheme on some Characters and the AGT (like yours) on some other Characters. Maybe i use the standard colors too, i like variations. :)

Just like most of you, i'm grateful they have finally stopped using x different uniforms+variations on Starfleet NPCs in the game, that was just weird IMO.

EDIT:
    I almost forgot, i am going to use the 200 Day Veteran Uniform Jacket. I just love the sleeves. :)

I have to agree the new color scheme looks like Franklin drake picked it out.
    It just screams a section 31 variant uniform more then Starfleet.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    My understanding is that the Navy only wear Working Uniforms when the Service Uniforms would be unduly soiled or are otherwise inappropriate.

Afaik, the USN changed their daily wear uniform to a set that was more like ACUs several years ago.
    That is, the service uniforms were pretty much binned.

Given that by the TNG period their Duty Uniforms don't seem to get very dirty, and even when Chief O'Brien is knee-deep in repairs there doesn't seem to be a need to change into a Working Uniform, I don't see why they would need "field uniforms".

Is it just me,or does that "working uniform" look a lot like the undershirt for the normal uniform? Heh, I put that one down to the costume guys being rushed and needing to get something out the door quickly.
    Mind you, that "working uniform" seems to be in the same kind of role as modern day "coveralls" rather than an actual "working dress" like the combats I linked earlier. The coveralls would be used only when you were working with messy stuff like oils or grease (like working with vehicles) and had to be removed as soon as you walked away from that stuff. Hell, even when walking away to have a coffee break or to have a pee, we had to take them off.

That said, if a wagon really did need to be turned around quick style (i.e. In, fixed and back out on the road) then whoever was around would just have to do it in whatever they were wearing. The chief not changing into covvies is a bit of a parallel to that.
    Indeed, we had a few instances where guys were working on vehicles in their PT gear because an urgent job had come in right before PT.
    I always volunteered whenever one of those came in! lol

Hell, maybe fed uniform technology is just more stain resistant?
    I need a beer.

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,870 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well he's knee deep in repairs of the flashing thing. Its not exactly the grubbiest job in the federation. :P

Besides, once you get a bigger costume budget (ex. the TOS movies) the field uniform comes back. I'd put that one down to TV production limitations before trying to infer canon from the later shows tailoring choices.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2014

The material the oddy uses just reminds me of the prototype combat uniforms Starfleet officers wore in the "siege of AR-5... something" which made me decide that they wear that as a jacket over a wrap around tunic. I mean, this is Star Trek, not 21st cetnury US army or navy. In my uniform code they wear wrap around tunics on a starship :D Also, DS9 also used a desert field uniform at one point, I have an oddy in sand colors to reflect this. Even the Starfleet infiltration/special ops garment they wore in TNG (the black hooded jumpsuit) doesn't feature any kind of pocket. It's not our reality in Trekverse :)

Although the "tactical" variant will probably sport a pocket or something to make it more "practical".
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    At the moment, I've changed all my Starfleet characters to the STO canon colours provided by Cryptic, but before that, I had my own TNG series themed colour scheme, which I may well go back to at some point.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/Aber/USSTrafalgarOfficers_zps850d38ee.jpeg

From left to right; Flag Officer, Command Division, Security/Engineering Division, Science Division, Medical Division.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!