What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Updated Uniforms for others not us

13»

Comments

• erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    I'd like to point out, the romulans already have access to their "Fleet" uniform and have had access to it since LoR came out.

Why do you need a new one?
    I would pay to see the forum in fire if they had released the Bortasqu' as the Fed fleet uniform (only usuable on BOFF, not players), and the Odyssey as the KDF fleet uniform.

Because that's exactly what the Romulan have.

I want to spend my hard earned dil and marks into a fleet uniform, just like I did with my various fed and KDF characters.

I don't get what's difficult to understand when we just ask to have the same basic stuff the other 2 factions have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    I would pay to see the forum in fire if they had released the Bortasqu' as the Fed fleet uniform (only usuable on BOFF, not players), and the Odyssey as the KDF fleet uniform.
    Because that's exactly what the Romulan have.
    I want to spend my hard earned dil and marks into a fleet uniform, just like I did with my various Fed and KDF characters.
    I don't get what's difficult to understand when we just ask to have the same basic stuff the other 2 factions have.

^This ... I don't understand the total lack of comprehension regarding this ... People insist on saying that Romulans already have a FLEET uniform, but we don't!

Cryptic released a Fleet Only Uniform, and as there were only Federation themed Fleets, the Uniform was Federation themed, and given a (up until then) unused name ...

When they made the KDF a playable faction and gave them KDF themed Fleets, they did the same thing, a Fleet Only Uniform, with a KDF theme, because it was bought from a KDF themed Starbase.

When the introduced LoR and made Romulans a playable faction they ... Oh wait a minute ...

What's even worse is that, not only did the RRF not get a Unique FLEET Uniform, but they allowed us to still buy it, and then said "Oh yeah but you Rommies still can't wear it"

Not even a "Romulan Variant" of the Fed or KDF uniforms that is "Fleet exclusive" and not being worn by half the players in game and all of NPC's (in the case of Feds at least) Not even the option to wear our chosen factions Fleet Uniform, with an RRF badge/communicator ...

The current Uniforms for RomFed or RomKlink are "Alignment Uniforms" NOT Fleet Uniforms ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    ^This ... I don't understand the total lack of comprehension regarding this ... People insist on saying that Romulans already have a FLEET uniform, but we don't!

Cryptic released a Fleet Only Uniform, and as there were only Federation themed Fleets, the Uniform was Federation themed, and given a (up until then) unused name ...

When they made the KDF a playable faction and gave them KDF themed Fleets, they did the same thing, a Fleet Only Uniform, with a KDF theme, because it was bought from a KDF themed Starbase.

When the introduced LoR and made Romulans a playable faction they ... Oh wait a minute ...

What's even worse is that, not only did the RRF not get a Unique FLEET Uniform, but they allowed us to still buy it, and then said "Oh yeah but you Rommies still can't wear it"

Not even a "Romulan Variant" of the Fed or KDF uniforms that is "Fleet exclusive" and not being worn by half the players in game and all of NPC's (in the case of Feds at least) Not even the option to wear our chosen factions Fleet Uniform, with an RRF badge/communicator ...

The current Uniforms for RomFed or RomKlink are "Alignment Uniforms" NOT Fleet Uniforms ...

All this adds even more to the sad truth that Romulans are nothing more then Kdf/Fed with a thin varnish of green, but you can still see the red/blue paint bleed through at the end of the day.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    astro2244 wrote: »
    All this adds even more to the sad truth that Romulans are nothing more then Kdf/Fed with a thin varnish of green, but you can still see the red/blue paint bleed through at the end of the day.

Yeah well at Vegas there might be some black and blue going on.....:rolleyes:

Seriously though....im 99% convinced they forgot that we are part of the game.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bunansa wrote: »
    Yeah well at Vegas there might be some black and blue going on.....:rolleyes:

Seriously though....im 99% convinced they forgot that we are part of the game.

They did. :D They spent more money perfecting that famous Romulan green gooey glow than actual Romulan content.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited July 2014

we have the top borstaqu uniform; it is a part of the Virel's salvage clothes; perhaps the devs are lazy :P

the difference between males and females is huge in matter of clothes. females have no choice, except to be half naked :D
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here I agree with you. Roms have no proper Fleet uniform of their own. The uniforms unlocked by alignment are just that. This isn't hard to grasp, yet some clearly fail to.

Incorrect. The 2nd Anniversary in February 2012 saw the release of the Odyssey-class' and Bortas-class non-C-store versions. The Fleet system was introduced in July, several months after the Odyssey and Bortas as well as their C-Store versions became available. In other words, the name was not at all "unusual"- the uniforms given to both factions were named after the factions' respective flagships.

They aren't fleet uniforms, they're faction uniforms available through fleets. This should be as easy to comprehend as Romulans not having a fleet uniform, yet somehow...

Yeah, it was a bit silly not to ensure Romulans were released with as many equivalents to true faction stuff as possible. We still don't have a set of endgame ground armor visuals for Romulans yet, for starters, nor a timeshuttle, nor a proper flagship class/bundle. I can understand why they wouldn't prioritize some of those things for the big release, but they should have been in the pipeline at least for the next season.
    Agreed.
    edited July 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Incorrect. The 2nd Anniversary in February 2012 saw the release of the Odyssey-class' and Bortas-class non-C-store versions. The Fleet system was introduced in July, several months after the Odyssey and Bortas as well as their C-Store versions became available. In other words, the name was not at all "unusual"- the uniforms given to both factions were named after the factions' respective flagships.

My apologies to all. I wasn't aware of the timing of the releases, so thankyou for clearing that up.

I still think though that they were Fleet Uniforms based on or influenced by, the fact that their were only 2 Fleets options in the game. But ultimately that's beside the point ...

What's even worse, for me, is that one of the only truly unique uniforms in game, that being the Reman Uniform/s, has essentially now been given to everyone, in the form of the Xindi costume.
    edited July 2014
    It was a perfect opportunity, since the Oddy and Bort uniforms are from respective flagships (currently) that since the Scimitar is now our flagship
    and that flagship was last seen on screen in ST Nemesis, that the uniform that we should have received as a fleet option was the Romulan Nemesis Uniform...its stylish military looking and we don't have it after a year of being alive still....

how could this be missed??

• feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It was a perfect opportunity, since the Oddy and Bort uniforms are from respective flagships (currently) that since the Scimitar is now our flagship
    and that flagship was last seen on screen in ST Nemesis, that the uniform that we should have received as a fleet option was the Romulan Nemesis Uniform...its stylish military looking and we don't have it after a year of being alive still....

how could this be missed??

Wild guess. They have to pay royalties?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    roms already have a heap of cstore uniforms, starter uniforms, and faction uniforms.
    im finding it difficult to muster much sympathy for the romulans.
    edited July 2014
    roms already have a heap of cstore uniforms, starter uniforms, and faction uniforms.
    im finding it difficult to muster much sympathy for the romulans.

Then don't..just saying :P

We Romulans would like our stuffs....we were left out of the whole "Fleet" uniform update...so why cant we ask for something...

I still ask for Klingons to get their cloaks and stuff that are already in game for the non paying npcs....you all should just mug them, the streets on first city aren't exactly lit well.

• radaikofromulusradaikofromulus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My beef over this is the fact we weren't even mentioned in the blog,

From a general standpoint you have to think that in all honesty with everything that happened since the coup by Shinzon and the events leading to the destruction of the homeworld to being scatted and now more in house fighting....uniform change was hardly considered...

Meaning the vast majority of Romulans should infact have the Nemesis Uniform in storage at the very least

It wouldn't make much sense for the Republic to be sporting the Tal Shiar uniform as the standard uniform since the more Republic is more akin to what Donatra was aiming for, and we would be in those while Sela's group would adopt the Tal Shiar uniform as the standard

I dunno, in the end all I do know is that its been over a year and we still haven't received on any level the most obvious uniform for Romulans to own.

(also since it was shown in Enterprise toward the end of the series it stands to reason that the Nemesis Uniform is the defacto uniform that they keep falling back to after they decide the other ones weren't working)

I agree with you. Also, it would be very nice for those of us who RP, to have a very up to date and to some degree, intimidating uniform. The Nemesis uniform is striking, yet elegant in its simplicity. It is also modern looking and form fitting. For those of us who role-play in endgame, and don't recognize the Abrams verse and barely Nemesis, something that doesn't look like a patch work quilt-trying-too-hard uniform would be nice.

I am grateful to the devs for introducing the Romulan faction. I almost even like the uniforms, but like every other faction uniform, the basic sets just add too many lines, creases, overlaps and they get too complicated where they should scale back and be more simple. A military uniform should be simple and sharp, but clearly indicate to which organization you belong.

I think with the Nemesis uniform we can accomplish these things in one simple outfit.

Jolan Tru.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't know about that....looking at the Nemesis uniform the words 'military' and 'sharp' don't really register to me. It looks more like Vulcan casual wear to me, or at most a Vulcan military uniform than a Romulan military uniform.

For me at least, the 'sweet spot' is the DS9 uniforms. They were more practical than the 'Samurai Kimono/Padded Gambeson' look they sported in TNG while still looking quite militaristic and severe.

Still, variety is the spice of life-and It'd be great to have more cannon uniforms in the game. I just would prefer the DS9 uniform first.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    I don't know about that....looking at the Nemesis uniform the words 'military' and 'sharp' don't really register to me. It looks more like Vulcan casual wear to me, or at most a Vulcan military uniform than a Romulan military uniform.
    My first thought on it was thrift store meets retired disco ball or 70s wallpaper
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My first thought on it was thrift store meets retired disco ball or 70s wallpaper
    Lol

To illustrate the Kimono+Gambeson=TNG Uniform thing I was talking about, might be useful to take a gander at some pictures (linked here for your convenience)

Samurai's Kimono:

http://www.kyotokimono.com/files/3956292/FAQ/samurai5.jpg

Gambeson:

http://img2.etsystatic.com/000/0/6664294/il_fullxfull.301090118.jpg

I don't think it was an accident that the uniforms look so much like those two, they clearly wanted the TNG uniforms to look militaristic and severe, and I think the TNG uniforms accomplished that quite nicely, I just think the DS9 uniforms were a nice 'refienment' on that concept.
  • commandersalvekcommandersalvek Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Since Romulans are my favorite race and I liked the TNG Uniforms -I thought when the TNG outfits became available-all would be well.

No not at all -I do not know the tech term but the TNG tunics even within the limitations of the graphics look wrong-the pattern options are similar to on screen-but the biggest problem is they are too thick in appearance and the sleeve is too high up

I could not stand it so I just reverted to the "tal Shiar" uniform.

When the Nemesis Uniforms appeared in Enterprise -I initially was not happy -but one factor I believe could explain their continuous use for centuries is Romulan lifespan. A race that lives for centuries, especially a race with long memories and tradition-I could see them keeping uniform designs longer.

Another idea I put forward is perhaps the Nemesis Uniforms are a distinct element-like Praetorian or Romulan Guard -and the TNG uniforms are regular military -just an idea.

In any case -I want the Nemesis Uniforms in Game there is ample in game reasoning-give STO gave the RSE such a hard time and all the internal strife -any uniform makes sense and I believe technically they would be able to construct as the republic uniforms are more "busy" . I know some designer has a fetish for pockets

I belive the Ds9 Tal Shiar Uniforms should be an option as well-again I would assume easier to do than the TNG ones.

The real world reason why in deep space nine, The Romulans got those uniforms is Ron Moore hated the TNG ones and stated so. Otherwise the only pre ds9 tal shiar uniform we see is Major Rakal aka Deanna Troi. just a an fyi Have a look at might have been-check out General Velals Uniform -he appears in one of later seasons of DS9 -Its a TNG tunic and print but the "linebacker" shoulder pads are gone.
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When the Nemesis Uniforms appeared in Enterprise -I initially was not happy -but one factor I believe could explain their continuous use for centuries is Romulan lifespan. A race that lives for centuries, especially a race with long memories and tradition-I could see them keeping uniform designs longer.
    I wish I could make myself believe this, but since they had so many uniforms in between, I just have to sigh and try to ignore the real-life reason, and the same reason that a 24th/25th century design (the T'varo) ended up getting used in Enterprise instead of a new CGI model that would look like an antecedent to the T'liss.

And that reason is: budget.

Some things I can rationalize, as that is many Trek fans' fondest pastime.

But the unis...just doesn't hold water for me. Plausible, but not plausible enough given the multitudes of styles we saw in between.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I too one day hope for the Nemesis uniform. Until then, I've had luck making one by colouring the Repbulic jackets black - if you have good graphics, the distinctive checkered pattern shows up nicely.

That said... having the actual Nemesis uniform would be great.

As for fleet uniforms, I hope that's a hidden gem we'll find in Delta Rising. The Republic really stood out as a leader in galactic politics again with the Dyson Sphere story arc - maybe that'll lead to more Romulan content? It's already leading to more Romulan ships, which is a good thing.

But I'll echo the sentiment of many others here:
    - the Feds have the Odyssey fleet uni, from their flagship
    - the KDF has the Bortasqu fleet uniform, from their flagship
    - understanding that, for the moment, the Scimitar is the Romulan flagship, I'd have liked / would still like to see a "Scimitar" uniform

Ideally, one of the Delta Rising ships takes over as the Republic flagship. That's the Repubic's opportunity to say "hey, we designed a neat new ship on our own!" I hope the opportunity is then taken to add a fleet uniform for it.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Temporal Cold War. the Nemesis uniformed, T'Varo flying Romulans with ridges in ENT are STO era Romulans gone back in time to stop the destruction of Romulas.

Problem solved.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dhiemm wrote: »
    I will not stop asking for the Romulan Nemesis Uniform until we get it. ;)

Yeah! These uniforms are not only in Nemesis but in ST:ENT too.
    edited August 2014
    We'll never get it ... Cryptic releases an all new ship today, and what is it? ... Yet another b****y Fed Cruiser ... Because there are so few of those ...

That's the state of the game, so, I don't expect we'll ever see much more than what we currently have ...