test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Updated Uniforms for others not us

Comments

• dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »
    Then, maybe I can tweak the colors a bit, and drop a few items... perhaps that will change my opinion.

My only real point is, I guess... when I think of the Romulans, the Tal Shiar uniform says "Romulan" more to me than the standard Republic uniform.

I think they purposely tried to create contrast between the two. The Tal Shiar uniform is almost stereotypically Romulan -- there are elements of every uniform from TOS on in it, with some comic book supervillain accessories to top it off. The Republic uniform goes in a different direction entirely -- it's purposely made to look a little "sloppy" and it's not stereotypical at all, but you can still see the influence of the past uniforms in it.

Basically, the Tal Shiar uniform comes off as a parody, in the nicest way possible, of the past Romulan uniforms to me. I could not see the uniform going from what was shown in DS9 and Nemesis to that. I can see a lineage between the Nemesis look and the Republic jacket, though.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    comic book super villain accessories

LOL! Truth. :)
    Basically, the Tal Shiar uniform comes off as a parody, in the nicest way possible, of the past Romulan uniforms to me. I could not see the uniform going from what was shown in DS9 and Nemesis to that. I can see a lineage between the Nemesis look and the Republic jacket, though.

Yeah, all of that makes sense. I tried to tweak the Republic uniform in the tailor just now, and I just don't think it's my cup of tea. (You mentioned the DS9-era uniform... THAT is the one I really want. :D ) I'm glad there are those that like the uniform, and I certainly wasn't calling for it to go away. I am just not a fan of it.

Bottom line: I *do* agree with the sentiment that the Roms should have more choices & options. 'Tis my ultimate point. :)
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It even took me a while to warm up to the Republic designs, I get that they're not for everyone. I'd love to see the last two canon uniforms added (DS9 and Nemesis), and the TNG uniform get updated with the missing patterns and a touched up "camo" pattern. I'd even like to see the remaining pieces of the 2409 Tal Shair uniform unlocked for players...I mean, why not? We can already use the IRW prefix for our ships.

Don't get me wrong here, just because I'm not outraged that Romulans aren't getting any uniform updates doesn't mean I don't want to see more added.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd like to see the DS9 uniforms and the complete Tal Shair uniform available at some point. We need more uniforms in general that don't exude the 'Cowboy Bellhop' vibe that the current Republic uniforms do. They just don't look anything more than tangentially Romulan to me. (I personally suspect that they made them look the way they did in part to the popularity of the winter jackets)

I'd even be open to the idea of the Nemesis uniforms making a comeback, as much as I like to forget that movie happened, and my own personal disinterest in the uniform.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It even took me a while to warm up to the Republic designs, I get that they're not for everyone. I'd love to see the last two canon uniforms added (DS9 and Nemesis), and the TNG uniform get updated with the missing patterns and a touched up "camo" pattern. I'd even like to see the remaining pieces of the 2409 Tal Shair uniform unlocked for players...I mean, why not? We can already use the IRW prefix for our ships.

Don't get me wrong here, just because I'm not outraged that Romulans aren't getting any uniform updates doesn't mean I don't want to see more added.

That's kind of how I feel. I'd love to have Senator Vreenak's outfit, the Nemesis uniforms, more pieces of the 2409 Tal Shiar uniform, and a MACO/KHG equivelant (with alternate styles) for the Romulan Republic.

But I'm perfectly content with what I already have. I'm already romulan, and by default superior to the KDF and Federation in every possible way.

If I asked for 'equality' for the Romulan faction, that would somehow imply I consider the KDF and Federation equal to me.

Which they clearly are not. :D
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So you're complaining that Romulans & Remans can't wear Starfleet & Klingon Empire uniforms? And that's a great "betrayal" to you?

Really?

I'll try to explain this one more time ... NO!!!

The New Oddysey and Bortasqu' Uniforms ARE NOT Starfleet or KDF Uniforms, the are FLEET Uniforms!!! So I am NOT WANTING MY TOON TO WEAR STARFLEET OR KDF UNIFORMS!

I want my toon to be able to wear the new Fleet Uniforms, and if my toon is ANY RACE in STO they can, except if they happen to be Romulan or Reman ...

They may be based on Starfleet and KDF Uniforms, but that is only because they are currently the only two variants of Fleets! With the original versions they were not available to non Fleet members, but Romulans and Remans could not wear them.

What these new additions have done, is add to that disparity, added insult to injury, so that now there are 6 Fleet Uniforms that Romulan and Reman characters cannot wear, and 2 more Uniforms, in the form of added Veteran Rewards, that Romulans and Remans also cannot wear ...

As a Romulan or Reman, my captain can spend 10's of thousands of Dilithium and millions or billions of EC upgrading fleet holdings to have access to a tailor, only to have their faces slapped, when they go there and discover that they cannot use any of the pretty new uniforms. That is the problem!

And before you mention them, the Senate Robes, and the current Veteran Rewards are NOT exclusives.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bendalek wrote: »

The New Oddysey and Bortasqu' Uniforms ARE NOT Starfleet or KDF Uniforms, the are FLEET Uniforms!!!

Yes, they are Starfleet and KDF Uniforms. Specifically their respective dress uniforms and a utilityish version of the standard duty uniform.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would like to see more with the Romulan as well. Maybe an open chest version. Another skirt option as well.

I'm still waiting for the Fed alliance skirt in the photo they showed. And its still not in the game.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    We are also missing the DS9 uniforms, as well as the Pre TNG uniforms.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Figured I'd might as well chip in with a "I want my reman cape!" since it's related to an extent.

Though to be fair, I'm quite content with the variety of uniforms available to us romulans/remans. Its the limited colour palettes on some pieces that annoy me - but thats a rant for a different thread.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I made a list of what uniforms the Romulans are missing.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    in my opinion Romulans were nothing more than a quick cash grab over one year later it shows
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    Decided to plunk down the 550 Zen for the TNG set... although I'm not a fan of the blatant "shoulder pad linebacker" look, I thought that supporting the Romulan cause would be a small way of helping. :)

Plus, I gots a few more options, now, until we get more! MORE UNIFORMS PLEASE!!!
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hmm I posted a thank you in here for the pics....and its gone????

I smell Tal Shiar agents around

edit nvm...it appears to be in a link instead....how odd I swore it was part of our thread in general....I want this to get to be 1k pages long without any real response.....betting opens soon!
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2014

The New Oddysey and Bortasqu' Uniforms ARE NOT Starfleet or KDF Uniforms, the are FLEET Uniforms!!! So I am NOT WANTING MY TOON TO WEAR STARFLEET OR KDF UNIFORMS!

I want my toon to be able to wear the new Fleet Uniforms, and if my toon is ANY RACE in STO they can, except if they happen to be Romulan or Reman ...

Stop right there.

Just... stop.

Yes, they are Fleet uniforms, but good God man, look at them: They are uniforms of Starfleet and the Klingon Empire.

Repeat that to yourself.
    daan2006 wrote: »
    in my opinion Romulans were nothing more than a quick cash grab over one year later it shows

Can't refute it.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014

The New Oddysey and Bortasqu' Uniforms ARE NOT Starfleet or KDF Uniforms

It's painfully obvious the Odyssey and Bortasqu' uniforms available in the fleet store are Federation and KDF uniforms. Geordi with his visor off could see that. They're even named after their respective flagship classes. There's no way you could possibly believe otherwise unless you were intentionally ignoring the facts, covering your ears and chanting LA LA LA like a six-year-old.
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm largely turned off by what progression I've seen for Romulan uniforms since LoR launch. The only notable addition was the TNG Romulan uniforms, and it came at the price of stupidly floaty/large cloth loops on the dual shoulder pads of Romulan females.

I wish they'd kept the 'normal' ones (the ones the males still get to wear) and introduced a 'larger' aternative to avoid clipping with the Romulan TNG outfit.

As is, though, I'm very disappointed. The Romulans, in my eyes, started amazing and have - through costume bugs, oversight and bad decisions - have their quality lessened since then.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You guys do know that the RRF got their uniforms not even a year ago in-game? Give yourselves time to break those in.
  • mosquito214mosquito214 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Romulans can't wear the fleet uniforms because they're not actual members of Starfleet/Defense Force. However, and I already know you're not going to like this, Romulans already get their fleet uniforms - the Starfleet/KDF allied uniforms you unlock when choosing your side. Those are officially, as far as STO is concerned, what a Romulan working in a SF/KDF fleet would wear, if not their standard Republic uniform. The only difference is we get it very early and don't have to pay for it.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to the Romulan Fraction kids... what did you really expect?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to the Romulan Fraction kids... what did you really expect?

Them to continue cash cowing us when they had the chance...

Tons of uniforms and ships missed during the initial release that they could have milked from us,

What happened was though we asked for a better science vessel, and they gave us the arkif instead, no one bought it, so they slapped a hangar on it, and that increased sales to marginal level, so they got scared and figured no one was willing to shell out anymore money on Romulan things, so they went back to the federation, heck even the kdf got at least 1 more ship in the last year.

I know one thing for certain, none of them have any marketing skills.

• tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Romulan Nemesis (ENT) uniform is one of my greatest wishes in STO.

Commander Donatra 2379 http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/bonus_nem/misc/romulans3.jpg

Admiral Valdore 2154 http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070107085008/memoryalpha/en/images/b/b8/Romulan_uniform_2154.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Check the post from Smirk in the Galactic News Network ... re: 9.5 is coming ... There is a pic in his rather short Blog ... een-truss-ting ...
    edited July 2014
    Check the post from Smirk in the Galactic News Network ... re: 9.5 is coming ... There is a pic in his rather short Blog ... een-truss-ting ...

The uniform sorta looks like the civilian tattered one just untattered, which imo isn't something we have been asking for since LoR hit live,

however if it is indeed a new uniform for Romulans (which as I just said isn't the one weve been asking for) how do you think the sales for it will go? bet if they add a hanger (see what I did there) it will increase the sales for the item we didn't ask for.

edited July 2014
    Not only did Romulans get nothing new in the way of Fleet Uniforms ... But worse, Cryptic have now given all races and alignments access to the Reman Nemesis Uniform, although they are calling it a Xindi costume ...
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd like to point out, the romulans already have access to their "Fleet" uniform and have had access to it since LoR came out.

Why do you need a new one?
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    I'd like to point out, the romulans already have access to their "Fleet" uniform and have had access to it since LoR came out.

Buy, not wear.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
    edited July 2014
    talonxv wrote: »

Id like to point out your point out that it is "FLEET" uniform, FLEET....I cant wear the FLEET uniform that I am a member of...this has nothing to do with FACTION UNIFORMS or the appointed working with FACTION uniforms....

:rolleyes:

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think that the devs are misogynist lol, the fed skirts are destroyed (a texturing glitch), orions females are almost naked :P

and for the romulan females :

- no skirts (except 2 ugly)
    - some kit parts are not useable with the civilian romulan costume
    - no work costumes
    - no sleeves on the civilian romulan shirt (we have only 1 choice, 7 or 8 for the males)

i know that they need money = lock boxes; but why instead of all these alien costumes (xindi, hirogen), they don't put instead of those, costumes for the factions (fed, roms, klingons).

a MMo is a game with a lot of choice for the costumes; in sto a lot of the available costumes are ugly (look at the odyssey tactical- it's a shame), and the choice is very small.

they could also open the "outfit" for the boffs and to ensure that we can mix off-duty and uniform clothes; like are the npc romulans on new romulus (command center).

Romulans are my fav faction, i spend a lot of time to play with my 3 characters, but after a time, the same clothes become boring
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    FED Girls skirts I've removed back to the loose long pants for now for the odyssey. Later on might make a switch back. Lots of glitches in selecting Odyssey for some odd reason. The work around is to to it manually but it takes so much time.

ROM Girls no changes I don't see anything for ROM-FED to wear and I don't care for what's available so I just design my own look for the ROM-BOF.

KDF Girl she's sporting a new skirt and nylon stockings along with the new gear..

FED Odyssey Uniform

Default Light Grey Shoulders. with Silver Tone Accents
    Optional White Shoulders with Gold Tone Accents
    Tuvok wearing Tactical Red Band with Black Shoulders with Silver Tone Accents and his rank is Silver should in Fluidic Destruction Mission with the Borg.

ESD Admiral outfit is completely different more gold tone accent attire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!