test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is Cyrptic's Relious Affliation?

kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Ten Forward
In the recent news of the Supreme Court of the United States siding with Hobby Lobby saying that every coporation now has the right to freedom of religon.. I was wondering...

What is Cryptic's Religious Afflilation?

*Note. this is obviously a troll post and I have little interest in the religous beliefs of any one person that works with Cryptic.
Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
Post edited by kyeto13 on

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ...if it's a troll post, then why did you write it?

*plugs ears and begins counting to ten in anticipation of the Modhammer*
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Should you even ask? They're members of the cult of Roddenberry.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited July 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Should you even ask? They're members of the cult of Ba'al.

Fixed that for you.

No, seriously, askray is part of the joke now (he's got literally the cushiest job ever), and both Trendy and Tacofangs have titles and honorary palaces. Trendy even had this running gag with me about the bacon mines on the planet I sold her, and the peeled grape shipments that kept getting snarled up...

Good times. :cool:
  • ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would imagine they're fairly mixed, faith-wise. That being said, I think it's a safe bet that quite a number of the Cryptic staff are agnostic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would have to say they believed in the Founders, they built a church on Bajor for it! :D
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lunasto wrote: »
    I would have to say they believed in the Prophets, they built a church on Bajor for it! :D

Fixed that for you. :-P

But seriously, I would expect Cryptic as a whole does not hold an ideology on such matters. As far as its employees, it's theirs to decide what they do or do not want to disclose.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    Fixed that for you. :-P

But seriously, I would expect Cryptic as a whole does not hold an ideology on such matters. As far as its employees, it's theirs to decide what they do or do not want to disclose.

oopsy, ok so im not up on the Prophets scene (Polishes Latinum alter) they are MY Profits! hehe
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cryptic, like any good corporation, worships the Profits (not Prophets - they seldom make real money).

Lockboxes are a sacrament, which is why we see so many of them...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The religion that Ferengis practice...
    edited July 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.

Liked my one better. Besides, Stargate is overrated.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited July 2014

So's Star Trek.
    edited July 2014

Clearly you never saw any Ba'al, Anubis, or SGU episodes. And Teal'c is worth it all by himself.
  • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    burstorion wrote: »
    The religion that Ferengis practice...

Just don't forget the first rule of acquisition: once you have their money, you never give it back.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Clearly you never saw any Ba'al, Anubis, or SGU episodes. And Teal'c is worth it all by himself.

Stargate went down the drain after they introduced the replicators and it continued to spiral down hitting rock bottom with the Ori.

I have seen the Stargate series (i hate to admit, all of them) but i still consider them overrated.
    edited July 2014
    Stargate went down the drain after they introduced the replicators and it continued to spiral down hitting rock bottom with the Ori.

I have seen the Stargate series (i hate to admit, all of them) but i still consider them overrated.

Replicators were actually pretty cool--like the Borg, but even less human. Something completely alien that wants to remake the universe in their image. Creepy as heck. The whole part where that gynoid created them, though...that kind of sucked. Especially since they were from a whole 'nother galaxy and the robot looked human...ugh.

The Ori arc sucked majorly, but at least Morena Baccarin was a good actress. And Ba'al had some epic funnies in those two seasons.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Replicators were actually pretty cool--like the Borg, but even less human. Something completely alien that wants to remake the universe in their image. Creepy as heck. The whole part where that gynoid created them, though...that kind of sucked. Especially since they were from a whole 'nother galaxy and the robot looked human...ugh.

The Ori arc sucked majorly, but at least Morena Baccarin was a good actress. And Ba'al had some epic funnies in those two seasons.

Yeah, the last two seasons were where it all started going downhill. Well, the seventh one was actually the start, but that one's overall performance is saved by the fact that O'Neill's still around as a replacement for Hammond.

That said, I agree that Ba'al wasn't bad in there.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited July 2014
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Yeah, the last two seasons were where it all started going downhill. Well, the seventh one was actually the start, but that one's overall performance is saved by the fact that O'Neill's still around as a replacement for Hammond.

That said, I agree that Ba'al wasn't bad in there.

I really liked Hammond, myself. My favorite seasons were 3 through 6. Can't watch 7 because of Heroes, but Kull warriors are awesome. Anubis is hilariously over-the-top, I laugh every time I see him. 8 was surprisingly strong after 7, the final two-parter really felt like a satisfactory ending.

Season 9 was weaksauce, season 10 was only marginally better. Continuum was woodenly-acted (watch the original Stargate movie and then Continuum, you'll be rolling your eyes in 10 minutes; Jackson and Carter in particular phoned it in) for the most part, but Teal'c and Ba'al were up to snuff, and Teal'c had the ultimate badass death scene. Ark of Truth was just sad (ie pathetic).

Atlantis was sort of OK; Ronon Dex was kickass, and I liked McKay and Keller a lot (huge Jewel Staite fanboy), but the rest was meh. The Wraith turned the show solidly from sci-fi to science-flavored fantasy. Lastlight was a decent villain, though. I wish the final battle had been against him rather than the super-hive.

Universe was really, really interesting but got cut waaaaaay too early.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They worship Beshaba, thus the modified Neverwinter crafting system. Beware, for Her influence is spreading. Worship Her, Maid of Misfortune, Mistress of the Not-So-RNG, lest your crafting results all be Common! Mwhahaha!

Oh, and Bhaal is dead...

Sorry, I just had to play along... :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited July 2014
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    In the recent news of the Supreme Court of the United States siding with Hobby Lobby saying that every coporation now has the right to freedom of religon.. I was wondering...

*Note. this is obviously a troll post and I have little interest in the religious beliefs of any one person that works with Cryptic.

Cryptic is a subsidiary of a publically traded corporation with more than 5 owners. The recent court decision only applied to 'closely held' corporations - essentially privately held corporations, for a single element in this case supplying contraception under Obamacare.

Not all corporations are publically traded. I remember reading a stat in Forbes (sorry no annotation) that fewer than 3% of corporations are publically traded.

So a simpler answer to your question is - no, the current court ruling doesn't apply to publically traded companies. Only privately held companies.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't have any idea what cryptics religious beliefs are but, I know what they should be. Everyone at cryptic should be praying to GOD that some miracle is gonna happen to STO. If not they all are gonna be looking for new jobs this time next year. All this revising and no New content. Do they think their gonna attract that many new players. pshh, good luck. They better be more worried about ways to keep the players they got. Theres way to many new MMOs coming out for cryptic to think a 4 year old star trek game is gonna lure ppl away. BLESSED, ARCAGE, BLACK DESERT and thats just a small handfull. They better be praying, thats really all they got.
    edited July 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    I don't have any idea what cryptics religious beliefs are but, I know what they should be. Everyone at cryptic should be praying to GOD that some miracle is gonna happen to STO. If not they all are gonna be looking for new jobs this time next year. All this revising and no New content. Do they think their gonna attract that many new players. pshh, good luck. They better be more worried about ways to keep the players they got. Theres way to many new MMOs coming out for cryptic to think a 4 year old star trek game is gonna lure ppl away. BLESSED, ARCAGE, BLACK DESERT and thats just a small handfull. They better be praying, thats really all they got.

Why not pray to Ba'al?

Or Shai'tan?

Or Vishnu?

Or Tanavast?

Or Freyja? (just don't reject her advances. It won't go well for you)

How about the Lord Ruler? Ruin? The God-King of Hallandren? (He's a sexy one, ladies) Maybe a sentient sword? A god who used to be an accountant?

Besides. STO is doing just fine as it is. They've changed big things before and haven't lost players. Take it to the DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM thread.
  • seseronseseron Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm more a fan of Stargate Atlantis than SG1. If I had to pick a single bro for a bromance, it'd have to be John Sheppard. Dude was the epitome of cool. I likes the womenfolk but I want to hang out with this guy.

SG1 didn't always hold my attention, although Claudia Black didn't have to work too hard to get my attention. She's a total goof-off behind the scenes, which definitely won me over.
    rottorung02.png
    edited July 2014
    seseron wrote: »
    I'm more a fan of Stargate Atlantis than SG1. If I had to pick a single bro for a bromance, it'd have to be John Sheppard. Dude was the epitome of cool. I likes the womenfolk but I want to hang out with this guy.

SG1 didn't always hold my attention, although Claudia Black didn't have to work too hard to get my attention. She's a total goof-off behind the scenes, which definitely won me over.

So totally agreed. Woman was a force. Like Rebecca Romijin as Mystique.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Im thinking cryptics religious affiliation would be the pagen worship of money aka capitalism :D

Stargate? Ancient Aliens :D
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hyefather wrote: »

Do you know how many times in the past 4 years people have said that? "TOR is going to crush STO and there isn't going to be any players left" Yep didn't happen

"New Star Trek brower mmo is going to topple STO" It died

"ESO is far better than STO" It's having same issues sto had at launch and predictions are it'll go F2P as well..

I could keep going but I think my point is made with the above.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Do you know how many times in the past 4 years people have said that?

The funny part, imho, is how many folks were players of other MMOs that ended up playing STO - eh?

All that doom 'n gloom stuff just gets so tedious with how over the top it oozes with tween melodrama. Yeah, if folks have a beef with something Cryptic is doing - then they should be fighting for that, no doubt in the least...but all the melodrama is just so (pre-edited to avoid mod intervention)...ahem.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    kyeto13 wrote: »

How does a company have a religious belief?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Do you know how many times in the past 4 years people have said that? "TOR is going to crush STO and there isn't going to be any players left" Yep didn't happen

"New Star Trek brower mmo is going to topple STO" It died

"ESO is far better than STO" It's having same issues sto had at launch and predictions are it'll go F2P as well..

I could keep going but I think my point is made with the above.

this X1000 times, every day for the past 4 years....
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    How does a company have a religious belief?

mass conversion then a work party
This discussion has been closed.