test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's with all the disconnects?

Anyone else noticing a TON of disconnects? Getting kind of irritating. Normally Cryptic takes care of the disconnects pretty quick but this one has lasted over two weeks now with a map transition = disconnect roughly 50% of the time.
Post edited by praxian2012 on

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It doesn't appear to be a Cryptic problem... I haven't had a single disconnect this evening. Its probably Internet connection route related...
  • gojoredgojored Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You aren't the only one despite the last repliers' off-hand remark. I haven't had as many disconnects as you have, but i still get them too. I wont bother with all the "uber-specs" my system, router, modem and isp are at. I build computers and networks for fun and profit. There are many possibilities for the cause, lets hope that Cryptic and their licensed isp and the backbone provider it rents from can work things out.
    [SIGPIC]tritrophic mutualism: we get a viable game experience, and perfect worlds new ai "ARC" dines on our zen[/SIGPIC]
  • pumpkinjawpumpkinjaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Getting quite a few as well. Not my ISP because I am still connected...only STO and GWII. Sounds like they are using the same trunk. STO disconnects more often than GWII. About twice as often in fact. Probably has the econo plan!! :D
  • lastwolf25lastwolf25 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hasve the same problems, since season 9 started I'd been having disconnects every now and then, and server not responding, ususally with my tracerts with pings under 80
  • praxian2012praxian2012 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's not on my end. I have a top-end computer and a strong ISP that is always up. I've called the ISP and had them do 2 line tests on 2 different days and time periods when I got disconned and it's not them.

I know for a fact it's not my comp b/c like i said, it's top-end (4.1 ghz processor, 32gb of ram, win 7 64 bit, and a video card with 3 gb of on board ram). I looked at the tech option and it's genuinely not on my end.
    edited July 2014
    It's not on my end. I have a top-end computer and a strong ISP that is always up. I've called the ISP and had them do 2 line tests on 2 different days and time periods when I got disconned and it's not them.....

The issue isn't about your rig, or your connection to your ISP. The issue is if your ISP can establish a maintain a reliable connection to the STO servers, through their network, and the Internet Backbone providers they choose to use. And this is what the network diagnostic tests are for, to provide proof one way or the other if this is the case...

Look at this thread... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155
    edited July 2014
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 30 ms 22 ms 13 ms 173-19-16-1.client.mchsi.com [173.19.16.1]
    2 17 ms 20 ms 19 ms 172.30.93.51
    3 14 ms 19 ms 24 ms 172.30.9.161
    4 28 ms 20 ms 24 ms 12.249.49.9
    5 36 ms 27 ms 31 ms cr2.sl9mo.ip.att.net [12.122.112.74]
    6 35 ms 28 ms 31 ms cr2.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.2.21]
    7 37 ms 26 ms 35 ms gar2.clboh.ip.att.net [12.122.132.197]
    8 61 ms 29 ms 33 ms be2000.ccr21.ord03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.12
    .85]
    9 35 ms 40 ms 40 ms be2005.ccr41.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.7
    3]
    10 53 ms 69 ms 54 ms be2137.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43
    .194]
    11 59 ms 59 ms 59 ms te3-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.
    134]
    12 63 ms 53 ms 55 ms 38.111.40.114
    13 57 ms 49 ms 55 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

Heading into work - will look at responses later
  • medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Your numbers look fine. Mine, on the other hand, are #$%^%$# ridiculously high over the last few days. I've been having the same disconnect issues. However, it appears to be just partly my ISP's fault. Calling them tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
    edited July 2014
    Trace complete.

Heading into work - will look at responses later

Yes, Internet Latency looks fine, however, latency isn't everything needed to establish and maintain a quality connection...

What we also need is the 'Net Test' diagnostic results, (which checks for open ports, and sustained Internet connection throughput) and the 'Path Ping' results (which checks for lost or thrown away data packets)... use the 'pathping' command for this (which uses the same syntax as the 'tracert' command...)
    edited July 2014
    Kept having trouble getting the nettest to "Copy" the status stuff, so I took a jpg of it and will post it here.

Couldn't find a way to upload the pic here, so uploaded it to my google drive and here's the link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Ql4GwNQBHGUmNGS1M0ajRkaUU/edit?usp=sharing

Can see the results on that picture there.
    edited July 2014
    Kept having trouble getting the nettest to "Copy" the status stuff, so I took a jpg of it and will post it here.

Couldn't find a way to upload the pic here, so uploaded it to my google drive and here's the link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Ql4GwNQBHGUmNGS1M0ajRkaUU/edit?usp=sharing

Can see the results on that picture there.

From the pictures that you posted, 'Net Test' is showing severe 'packet drop' on the AT&T nodes close to your entry point into the Internet. Best to contact your ISP Technical support, and ask them why is this happening...
  • adarandreladarandrel Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I cant do anything this morning disconnects every 20 seconds or so
    edited July 2014
    AT&T isn't my provider, Mediacom is. This isn't something caused by my internet provider. Further, if you look, it starts around the middle of the connections and lasts through the middle (numbers 5 - 8) which aren't necessarily near me.
    edited July 2014
    After looking up the ip address, #5 is located in Missouri (I'm located in Indiana).

#6 is in Kansas

#7 is also in Kansas

#8 is also in Kansas.

Should be noted 6 and 7 are located probably off the same node, 8 is in a different location.
    edited July 2014
    AT&T isn't my provider, Mediacom is. This isn't something caused by my internet provider. Further, if you look, it starts around the middle of the connections and lasts through the middle (numbers 5 - 8) which aren't necessarily near me.

AT&T is a Internet Backbone provider. There isn't anything you can do to complain to a Internet Backbone provider, but your ISP, (who is paying for the Backbone Bandwidth) can...
  • zenbarrrizenbarrri Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It started for me 2.5 days ago both in STO and Neverwinter. Tech support keeps trying to blame me, my provider, anything but taking responcibility and saying, yeah, we have a problem, were sorry, were working on it. I even sent them Tracert and Ping -t results showing it is not a physical lan / wan connectivity issue, the server itself is dropping me at random times. Sometimes 30min, 14min, just a couple min several times in a row. And strangely enough it all started happening i Neverwinter and STO same day right after updates on both.
  • lilgoth89lilgoth89 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    im getting a ton of disconnects also, and i live in the UK, its making missions unplayable, and PVE a dubious prospect at best as the game will freeze for 20 seconds, disconnect me, then i have to re-log in

tech support blame my computer of course, and my ISP, my router and likely my cat but they dont seem to have an answer for why the disconnect issue affects ONLY this game and ONLY for the last 2-3 days
  • gamer940gamer940 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Been having the same trouble since Thursday. Can log in (sometimes at least) but it takes a long time and I can't actually do anything substantial once I'm in. A couple of times I managed getting some duty officer missions started, and the first time I managed getting from Risa to ESD, but then "Bam" disconnect central.
  • originalboodahoriginalboodah Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I`ve been having disconnects every 5-10 minutes, and severe rubberbanding since about the beginning of July, which has rendered the gamenearly unplayable. `Funny thing happened yesterday though. I logged in at around 2pm central time, and the game was disconnecting as usual, so I decided to do some stuf around the house. At 5:30, I connected again, to start some DOFF missions running, and lo and behold, no disconnects or rubberbanding! I played for about 3 hours with not even a hiccup. took a bit more time away, came back about midnight, played for another 2 hours with no issues. I`m cautiously optimistic...