test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to start game client: The operation completed successfully

I ran the autopatch on June 20 on my steam-hosted client. When I log in and attempt to start the game, I now get the error "Unable to start game client: The operation completed successfully."

I have used steam to verify cache files and no errors were found.
Post edited by digitalhavoc2112 on

Comments

• Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ditto. Got a launcher update this morning with the same error after the account log on. Forced Verify didn't help nor the standby of deleting the .hogg files and game client.

EDIT: Managed to start the game by starting the GameClient directly but now stuck on the account log on. Still won't work using the desktop launcher though.

EDIT: Got it. A few years back I set the GameClient to run as admin trying to fix some constant crashes because of "corruption" crashes. I toggled it back to normal and am able to launch to Holodeck now.
  • Options
    bucklerpwbucklerpw Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Game updated, now I'm getting the same message from the launcher, "Unable to start game client. The operation completed successfully." How do I make the game work? I tried going to support from the launcher, but all I get is spinning wheel when I try to log in. Someone please help me. :(
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Moved to the tech forums as it's not a game play bug.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113