test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let's Make This Game Really Balanced and Fair...

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Become? Heh...General Troll has been as bad as long as I can remember. At one point, 98% or so of my posts were confined to Builds/Mechanics or discussing Mechanics in PvP. I wouldn't go near General Troll unless I absolutely had to do so...

...then I accepted what this game is - look at me now, ma - look at me now!

edit: Yes, a little bit of me dies with each post...

Then by your post count, so much of you has died that you're now Voldemort.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    It's a guilty pleasure, it's like a poor mans reality TV show that you can interact with.:cool:

[ROFL]

How true..."In the beginning, before Reality Television, there was the Internet..." :D
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I almost fell for it, until the second cup of coffee kicked in, and the lightbulb went on.

Good one OP.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    Then by your post count, so much of you has died that you're now Voldemort.

Hey now, I'm not a bug that returns because it was never patched in all the forks! ;)

Though folks are spreading rumors that he's out there...
  • Options
    spike74656spike74656 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    you're sucking all the fun out of it. :mad: i'll make an subtle edit but i don't think it'll do much good.

Just Noticed your "subtle edit" at the end. I like :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hey now, I'm not a bug that returns because it was never patched in all the forks! ;)

Though folks are spreading rumors that he's out there...

I mean the Voldemort that killed off so much of his soul that he turned into Michael Jackson.
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited June 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    I'll be good I promise! :) *pulls out a Flamethrower and walks behind Sarcasm detector*

Good thing it's better to burp it and taste it than to TRIBBLE it an waste it.

/me runs away
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited June 2014
    useless
    garbage
    Jibberish

That about sum's it up
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    cody0893cody0893 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There is a lot of talk on the forums about how unfair this game is, about how min/maxers and try hards are ruining the game for causuals, about how unbalanced and OP certain things are.

This game was designed to be for the casual player and is meant to cater to his/her every whim. So in that spirit I'm making the following suggestions to punish anyone who makes casuals remotely uncomfortable.

1. It's really unfair there is a huge power gap between a fresh lvl 50 with no clue, and a veteran player with maxed out gear, reputation, skills, and thousands of hours of experience. So from now anytime a captain does more than 10k DPS; his ship will automatically trigger Abandon Ship.

2. It's really unfair that captains can stack expensive DOffs to gain an advantage over captains who don't even know there is a DOff system in the first place.

From now on stacking two or more of the same doff will cause them to work in the opposite manner from which they where designed. Additionally this penalty will now stack exponentially according to how many DOffs where stacked.

Example: seating two or more TT Conn Officers will now significantly increase your Tactical Team cooldown.

This stacking penalty also affects stacking abilities gained from consoles and bridge officer traits.

3. It's really unfair and totally unbalanced that some pilots can trigger multiple powers that give a stacking bonus, such as the damage bonus from APA, APO, and Tactical Fleet. Or the resistance bonus from A2D, APD, or the speed/turn bonus from A2D, APO, EPtE, and Engine Batteries.

From now on every time the games detects that a player is stacking bonuses by triggering multple abilities; those bonuses will be turned into a penalty and will stack exponentially.

4. It's really unfair that some captains can spend hours upon hours grinding to get the best gear when some captains don't want to put any effort into improving the game and instead prefer to fly around pretending they are Kirk.

From now on every time a try hard captain gets hit with an Abandon Ship from point #1, one random item from their gear will have it's rarity dropped down to commun/white and have 2 mark levels removed. the item will also become permanently fused with the ship.

So if you are doing too well there is a chance that that expensive Elite Adaptive shield will be turned in a white MK X shield. keep up the good work and it might become a MK IIX.

5. It's really unfair that good pilots can time and synchronize when they trigger their abilities for maximum performance compared to some random casual who just rolls his face on his keyboard.

From now on every time an ability is activated it will have a random cooldown value.

6. It's really OP how some pilots can have monstrous amount of power in their subsystems. Clearly this was never intended as this isn't possible for casual players who refuse to put any effort into improving.

From now on all powers. abilities, and gear that give a player power will now drain power from their subsystems. this penalty will stack exponentially if multiple power draining effects are detected.

If the experienced player is foolish enough to insist on playing at a higher level than what casual consider to be balanced then point #1 and #4 will trigger, repeatedly.

7. It's really unfair that veteran players have access to all the best gear via Fleet Holdings and Reputation systems whereas a newer player is forced to grind to get the shinies.

from now on the price of gear will scale according to how many hours per week you spend in the game.

A casual player who only spends 2-3 hours logged in per week will have automatic access to all the gear in the game and it would only cost One-Fiddy for each item.

A player who spends 3 or more hours logged in per day will now have to pay 4x the current listed price for items, and will actually risk losing access to purchase gear if they insist on playing the game too much.

8. In PvP it is completely and totally unfair that a more experienced player can kill someone else who doesn't have the same level of skill or experience.

From now if player A has more time in game, more reputation, and/or better gear than player B, and kills player B in a PvP; said player A will get a 1 hour ban from playing the game for the first offense. Second offense will be a 24 hour ban. 3rd offense will be a permaban/account lock.

9. Teamwork is totally OP and is totally unfair to the wanna be Kirks who prefers to be antisocial.

From now on no abilities that affect team mates will work any longer, at all. that includes team wide abilities like Tactical Fleet, and targeted abilities like Science Team.

This also includes all heals, debuff clears, buffs, aggro holding mechanics, or anything that might help your team mates in anyway.

This game was made for casuals and these points will help re-balance the game to more fair levels of play. Any player who attempts to out perform the accepted balanced level of play will be thoroughly chastised and punished.

These points are NOT nerfs, they are much need adjustments to game mechanics that will help improve the health of the game.

---
    TL : DR: http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/deadly_zone/21360438/10978/10978_640.jpg

omg..... laugh...... chuckle....... laugh To me the only system that works as attened the doffs and u want to jack with.......i respec your thoughts but dang stop sujesting the nerfs just that's been relabel as adjustments.... Second this would be a okay ajustment to make if the game was newer only thing its not, this would drive every last customer that spends real money out of the game..... then doom will fallow doom
    They killed your Alt's now they want your main
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    i am sick of these casual player thinking that we sto maniac's are bad people they keep susjesting takeing away the fun out of the game. sorry but i out spend 5 casual players just on my base and these changes u susjested are so bad..........it was harder to read then my grammer....
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    i want a thread on nerfing everyone that spends money rofl or grinds lmao.....basically thats this author dream for sto...... it reads like a nightmare
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There is a lot of talk on the forums about how unfair this game is, about how min/maxers and try hards are ruining the game for causuals, about how unbalanced and OP certain things are.

This game was designed to be for the casual player and is meant to cater to his/her every whim. So in that spirit I'm making the following suggestions to punish anyone who makes casuals remotely uncomfortable.

1. It's really unfair there is a huge power gap between a fresh lvl 50 with no clue, and a veteran player with maxed out gear, reputation, skills, and thousands of hours of experience. So from now anytime a captain does more than 10k DPS; his ship will automatically trigger Abandon Ship.

2. It's really unfair that captains can stack expensive DOffs to gain an advantage over captains who don't even know there is a DOff system in the first place.

From now on stacking two or more of the same doff will cause them to work in the opposite manner from which they where designed. Additionally this penalty will now stack exponentially according to how many DOffs where stacked.

Example: seating two or more TT Conn Officers will now significantly increase your Tactical Team cooldown.

This stacking penalty also affects stacking abilities gained from consoles and bridge officer traits.

3. It's really unfair and totally unbalanced that some pilots can trigger multiple powers that give a stacking bonus, such as the damage bonus from APA, APO, and Tactical Fleet. Or the resistance bonus from A2D, APD, or the speed/turn bonus from A2D, APO, EPtE, and Engine Batteries.

From now on every time the games detects that a player is stacking bonuses by triggering multple abilities; those bonuses will be turned into a penalty and will stack exponentially.

4. It's really unfair that some captains can spend hours upon hours grinding to get the best gear when some captains don't want to put any effort into improving the game and instead prefer to fly around pretending they are Kirk.

From now on every time a try hard captain gets hit with an Abandon Ship from point #1, one random item from their gear will have it's rarity dropped down to commun/white and have 2 mark levels removed. the item will also become permanently fused with the ship.

So if you are doing too well there is a chance that that expensive Elite Adaptive shield will be turned in a white MK X shield. keep up the good work and it might become a MK IIX.

5. It's really unfair that good pilots can time and synchronize when they trigger their abilities for maximum performance compared to some random casual who just rolls his face on his keyboard.

From now on every time an ability is activated it will have a random cooldown value.

6. It's really OP how some pilots can have monstrous amount of power in their subsystems. Clearly this was never intended as this isn't possible for casual players who refuse to put any effort into improving.

From now on all powers. abilities, and gear that give a player power will now drain power from their subsystems. this penalty will stack exponentially if multiple power draining effects are detected.

If the experienced player is foolish enough to insist on playing at a higher level than what casual consider to be balanced then point #1 and #4 will trigger, repeatedly.

7. It's really unfair that veteran players have access to all the best gear via Fleet Holdings and Reputation systems whereas a newer player is forced to grind to get the shinies.

from now on the price of gear will scale according to how many hours per week you spend in the game.

A casual player who only spends 2-3 hours logged in per week will have automatic access to all the gear in the game and it would only cost One-Fiddy for each item.

A player who spends 3 or more hours logged in per day will now have to pay 4x the current listed price for items, and will actually risk losing access to purchase gear if they insist on playing the game too much.

8. In PvP it is completely and totally unfair that a more experienced player can kill someone else who doesn't have the same level of skill or experience.

From now if player A has more time in game, more reputation, and/or better gear than player B, and kills player B in a PvP; said player A will get a 1 hour ban from playing the game for the first offense. Second offense will be a 24 hour ban. 3rd offense will be a permaban/account lock.

9. Teamwork is totally OP and is totally unfair to the wanna be Kirks who prefers to be antisocial.

From now on no abilities that affect team mates will work any longer, at all. that includes team wide abilities like Tactical Fleet, and targeted abilities like Science Team.

This also includes all heals, debuff clears, buffs, aggro holding mechanics, or anything that might help your team mates in anyway.

This game was made for casuals and these points will help re-balance the game to more fair levels of play. Any player who attempts to out perform the accepted balanced level of play will be thoroughly chastised and punished.

These points are NOT nerfs, they are much need adjustments to game mechanics that will help improve the health of the game.

---
    TL : DR: http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/deadly_zone/21360438/10978/10978_640.jpg

It actually took me half way down to realize that you were being facetious.

Being a relatively new and "casual" player i take great offense to this attitude.
    I'm a 33 year old grown man with a life, a wife who needs attention, and a full time job, i play this because im have been a Star Trek fan all of my life and it is an amusing past time.
    Its recently dawned on me that the average player is approx half my age and still in secondary school whereas i remember "new" episodes of TNG and had to record the "all good things" finale on my VCR machine because it was on a school night.
    You kids dedicate your life, for going a social existence, to become masters at this MMORPG, running home from school to log on your computer then have your mom poke you with the stick when it's time to eat or go to school again. You blow your grandmother's birthday money on pouring it into this game to get all the virtual toys to remain competitive in this game. Then you have the balls to blast "casual players " who call you out on wasted time and expendable allowance to become monster players. Once you grow up get a job and a life you'll be the on the other side of the coin.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Cody, I don't think your [OP's name] is working.

By the way, ever heard of editing posts?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    over critical poeple, leads to unnecessary over critical nerfs lol... sorry like i siad at a bar b que haveing a beer... my bad.......relax its a video game forum.....not english 101
  • Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Captain, I'm detecting a quantum singularity of Butt-Hurt in the OP.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I get it.

I got it too but ... there's definitely some consistency issues as I've seen much more whimsical things branded trolling much quicker.
    it's nothing but a very long, very sarcastic joke/rant about the sense of entitlement of casual players.

It's length really does make me think it's far more trolling than anything else.

It goes well beyond making a joke due to its length.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Some advice for the OP:

1- Uninstall your parser. Get rid of it. Forget it ever existed. It's not a part of STO and there's a reason for that.

2- Click this thread and join the Star Trek Battles channel.

3- Start having FUN playing the game again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    my ninja sense indicates this topic is about trolling whiny newcomers in PvP. I like that, gonna take popcorns yo.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Some advice for the OP:

1- Uninstall your parser. Get rid of it. Forget it ever existed. It's not a part of STO and there's a reason for that.

I have fun every day......
  • Options
    medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Best.

Thread.

Ever.

Probably.
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Captain, I'm detecting a quantum singularity of Butt-Hurt in the OP.

Admiral, we've detected yet another non-functional sarcasm detector. They're everywhere, sir! The sensors can barely separate the signals!
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It actually took me half way down to realize that you were being facetious.

Being a relatively new and "casual" player i take great offense to this attitude.
    I'm a 33 year old grown man with a life, a wife who needs attention, and a full time job, i play this because im have been a Star Trek fan all of my life and it is an amusing past time.
    Its recently dawned on me that the average player is approx half my age and still in secondary school whereas i remember "new" episodes of TNG and had to record the "all good things" finale on my VCR machine because it was on a school night.
    You kids dedicate your life, for going a social existence, to become masters at this MMORPG, running home from school to log on your computer then have your mom poke you with the stick when it's time to eat or go to school again. You blow your grandmother's birthday money on pouring it into this game to get all the virtual toys to remain competitive in this game. Then you have the balls to blast "casual players " who call you out on wasted time and expendable allowance to become monster players. Once you grow up get a job and a life you'll be the on the other side of the coin.

you have 33 years old but don't demonstrate them.
    You didn't get the point of the thread, make irony about a large chunk of players who do nothing but complain. Glad you identified yourself with this idiotic, rage post that makes no sense. For me, you're a kid as far as I read. If not, you have the mentality of a kid. Hurry growing up.
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    you have 33 years old but don't demonstrate them.
    You didn't get the point of the thread, make irony about a large chunk of players who do nothing but complain. Glad you identified yourself with this idiotic, rage post that makes no sense. For me, you're a kid as far as I read. If not, you have the mentality of a kid. Hurry growing up.

Too bad you couldn't bet Bluegeek, you would have won. :P
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A nerve has been twanged for all to hear
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Started into the 1st post. Got about 1/3d in and thought, "Really?" Then, I caught the joke. Hmmm... the OP might have a point. But then again I long ago ceased to expect anything useful or helpful around here.

I refuse to take anyone here seriously. Starting with myself.

The funniest past is when some overly self important neckbeard gets all butt hurt about what I've posted here, encloses it in quotes and then spends an entire evening composing a text wall to inform other neckbeards just how wrong I am. All the while he's not playing STO and the game is much improved for this.

I've never been a special snowflake. Never will be, either. Too much fun being the other kind.

Kudos, OP. Good idea and good post. I'm all jealous now because you thought of it first. :D
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    dahminus wrote: »

and it's singing the song of it's people. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Some advice for the OP:

Even if i followed every gimping condition you have set i would still do too much DPS and end up "ruining" your fun.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dahminus wrote: »

Just not a fan of how certain things were lumped in there with other things - kind of gets into the was it really a joke or the facade of a joke to be able to vent?
  • Options
    jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Jena if you want to learn how to play just ask ok.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yet another demonstration of why sarcasm and the Internet should never be mixed. It only leads to grief for all concerned.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
This discussion has been closed.