test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let's Make This Game Really Balanced and Fair...

sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
There is a lot of talk on the forums about how unfair this game is, about how min/maxers and try hards are ruining the game for causuals, about how unbalanced and OP certain things are.

This game was designed to be for the casual player and is meant to cater to his/her every whim. So in that spirit I'm making the following suggestions to punish anyone who makes casuals remotely uncomfortable.

1. It's really unfair there is a huge power gap between a fresh lvl 50 with no clue, and a veteran player with maxed out gear, reputation, skills, and thousands of hours of experience. So from now anytime a captain does more than 10k DPS; his ship will automatically trigger Abandon Ship.

2. It's really unfair that captains can stack expensive DOffs to gain an advantage over captains who don't even know there is a DOff system in the first place.

From now on stacking two or more of the same doff will cause them to work in the opposite manner from which they where designed. Additionally this penalty will now stack exponentially according to how many DOffs where stacked.

Example: seating two or more TT Conn Officers will now significantly increase your Tactical Team cooldown.

This stacking penalty also affects stacking abilities gained from consoles and bridge officer traits.

3. It's really unfair and totally unbalanced that some pilots can trigger multiple powers that give a stacking bonus, such as the damage bonus from APA, APO, and Tactical Fleet. Or the resistance bonus from A2D, APD, or the speed/turn bonus from A2D, APO, EPtE, and Engine Batteries.

From now on every time the games detects that a player is stacking bonuses by triggering multple abilities; those bonuses will be turned into a penalty and will stack exponentially.

4. It's really unfair that some captains can spend hours upon hours grinding to get the best gear when some captains don't want to put any effort into improving the game and instead prefer to fly around pretending they are Kirk.

From now on every time a try hard captain gets hit with an Abandon Ship from point #1, one random item from their gear will have it's rarity dropped down to commun/white and have 2 mark levels removed. the item will also become permanently fused with the ship.

So if you are doing too well there is a chance that that expensive Elite Adaptive shield will be turned in a white MK X shield. keep up the good work and it might become a MK IIX.

5. It's really unfair that good pilots can time and synchronize when they trigger their abilities for maximum performance compared to some random casual who just rolls his face on his keyboard.

From now on every time an ability is activated it will have a random cooldown value.

6. It's really OP how some pilots can have monstrous amount of power in their subsystems. Clearly this was never intended as this isn't possible for casual players who refuse to put any effort into improving.

From now on all powers. abilities, and gear that give a player power will now drain power from their subsystems. this penalty will stack exponentially if multiple power draining effects are detected.

If the experienced player is foolish enough to insist on playing at a higher level than what casual consider to be balanced then point #1 and #4 will trigger, repeatedly.

7. It's really unfair that veteran players have access to all the best gear via Fleet Holdings and Reputation systems whereas a newer player is forced to grind to get the shinies.

from now on the price of gear will scale according to how many hours per week you spend in the game.

A casual player who only spends 2-3 hours logged in per week will have automatic access to all the gear in the game and it would only cost One-Fiddy for each item.

A player who spends 3 or more hours logged in per day will now have to pay 4x the current listed price for items, and will actually risk losing access to purchase gear if they insist on playing the game too much.

8. In PvP it is completely and totally unfair that a more experienced player can kill someone else who doesn't have the same level of skill or experience.

From now if player A has more time in game, more reputation, and/or better gear than player B, and kills player B in a PvP; said player A will get a 1 hour ban from playing the game for the first offense. Second offense will be a 24 hour ban. 3rd offense will be a permaban/account lock.

9. Teamwork is totally OP and is totally unfair to the wanna be Kirks who prefers to be antisocial.

From now on no abilities that affect team mates will work any longer, at all. that includes team wide abilities like Tactical Fleet, and targeted abilities like Science Team.

This also includes all heals, debuff clears, buffs, aggro holding mechanics, or anything that might help your team mates in anyway.

This game was made for casuals and these points will help re-balance the game to more fair levels of play. Any player who attempts to out perform the accepted balanced level of play will be thoroughly chastised and punished.

These points are NOT nerfs, they are much need adjustments to game mechanics that will help improve the health of the game.

---
TL : DR: http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/deadly_zone/21360438/10978/10978_640.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This should be entertaining.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Really, was that necessary? All cynical sarcasm does is make people roll their eyes at you; just FYI.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    This should be entertaining.

And then some.
  • Options
    hajmyishajmyis Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    while we are at it, lets give a Acc debuff when you fly to fast, like when you use APO and EptE
    "Frankly, not sure why you're on a one man nerf campaign. "
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    opo98 wrote: »
    Really, was that necessary? All cynical sarcasm does is make people roll their eyes at you; just FYI.

Who do you think you are talking to? Perhaps you prefer even more esoteric forms of humor such as Aux2BatMan reading Three Little Maids?
  • Options
    gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    what happens when a sarcasm detector detects its own sarcasm? does it's head explode? Anyway, wall of text is way too texty. I think you may have way too much time on your hands. Go outside and smell a flower or watch some leaves blow in the wind. You could volunteer at the local animal shelter, walk some dogs, pet some kittens or something. In other words, get a life.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    opo98 wrote: »

An eyeroll is too much effort, it's worth a "meh" though.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You wonder why we like ganking and trolling dps channel people lately, this is it, they too elitist and its getting annoying.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Pass the butter please.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think that if you go and spawn camp in a cnh that your account should just be deleted cause you really just need to learn to play.
  • Options
    rwscissorsrwscissors Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    7.5/10, points off for being a bit long.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I predict that this thread will end up closed by the end of the day tomorrow, if it even takes that long. If I weren't a mod, I'd consider starting a betting pool.

But for now, the benefit of the doubt is in effect.

Captains, please keep your replies free of flames and incendiaries in accordance with forum rules.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    IRedacted statement...Thanks for the warning Bluegeek.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hmmm (@ the OP) So knowledge should never be power? experience should mean nothing? Oh yea and most importantly, you are forced into competing in high level PVP?? what game are YOU playing? Ive been on STO since launch, players help each other you know, there are FORUMs that have information (hmm like this one maybe)websites dedicated to buil help and tutorials galore.. but you would have long term pro level players brought down to noob levels why? Do not strive for greatness, under achieve and perform less than you know how??? wow...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kintisho wrote: »
    hmmm (@ the OP) So knowledge should never be power? experience should mean nothing? Oh yea and most importantly, you are forced into competing in high level PVP?? what game are YOU playing? Ive been on STO since launch, players help each other you know, there are FORUMs that have information (hmm like this one maybe)websites dedicated to buil help and tutorials galore.. but you would have long term pro level players brought down to noob levels why? Do not strive for greatness, under achieve and perform less than you know how??? wow...

you seriously need my help. :D perhaps we should have a sitdown over coffee and i could give you some pointers.

have you seen my what my name is?
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kintisho wrote: »

Erm... you may have missed the point.:rolleyes:
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I predict that this thread will end up closed by the end of the day tomorrow, if it even takes that long. If I weren't a mod, I'd consider starting a betting pool.

But for now, the benefit of the doubt is in effect.

Captains, please keep your replies free of flames and incendiaries in accordance with forum rules.

This is really no different from the "X is OP, please nerf" thread/meme.

lets call this an experiment to see how seriously the community takes itself. :D
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No...

I've worked hard to get my excel to the 12k dps zone. I spent a year and a half getting her there.

Those players with the best stuff have spent money and time in this game to get their ships to where they are. There's blood, sweat and toil on my excel. She isn't the best ship out there, but she's damned good. When I first got my excel, she was a thing of beauty, but couldnt protect Kang, couldn't do a run at a cube and survive. But I kept at it, made tweaks here and there... now she's able to solo a tac cube and slug it out one on one with anything the game throws at me. Can she solo Cure? No, but she can protect Kang and wipe a side out by the time a decent team gets over to me.

Your post stinks of a person who doesn't want to spend a considerable amount of time on tweaking your pride and joy to tear through stfs.
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There is a lot of talk on the forums about how unfair this game is, about how min/maxers and try hards are ruining the game for causuals, about how unbalanced and OP certain things are.

This game was designed to be for the casual player and is meant to cater to his/her every whim. So in that spirit I'm making the following suggestions to punish anyone who makes casuals remotely uncomfortable.

1. It's really unfair there is a huge power gap between a fresh lvl 50 with no clue, and a veteran player with maxed out gear, reputation, skills, and thousands of hours of experience. So from now anytime a captain does more than 10k DPS; his ship will automatically trigger Abandon Ship.

2. It's really unfair that captains can stack expensive DOffs to gain an advantage over captains who don't even know there is a DOff system in the first place.

From now on stacking two or more of the same doff will cause them to work in the opposite manner from which they where designed. Additionally this penalty will now stack exponentially according to how many DOffs where stacked.

Example: seating two or more TT Conn Officers will now significantly increase your Tactical Team cooldown.

This stacking penalty also affects stacking abilities gained from consoles and bridge officer traits.

3. It's really unfair and totally unbalanced that some pilots can trigger multiple powers that give a stacking bonus, such as the damage bonus from APA, APO, and Tactical Fleet. Or the resistance bonus from A2D, APD, or the speed/turn bonus from A2D, APO, EPtE, and Engine Batteries.

From now on every time the games detects that a player is stacking bonuses by triggering multple abilities; those bonuses will be turned into a penalty and will stack exponentially.

4. It's really unfair that some captains can spend hours upon hours grinding to get the best gear when some captains don't want to put any effort into improving the game and instead prefer to fly around pretending they are Kirk.

From now on every time a try hard captain gets hit with an Abandon Ship from point #1, one random item from their gear will have it's rarity dropped down to commun/white and have 2 mark levels removed. the item will also become permanently fused with the ship.

So if you are doing too well there is a chance that that expensive Elite Adaptive shield will be turned in a white MK X shield. keep up the good work and it might become a MK IIX.

5. It's really unfair that good pilots can time and synchronize when they trigger their abilities for maximum performance compared to some random casual who just rolls his face on his keyboard.

From now on every time an ability is activated it will have a random cooldown value.

6. It's really OP how some pilots can have monstrous amount of power in their subsystems. Clearly this was never intended as this isn't possible for casual players who refuse to put any effort into improving.

From now on all powers. abilities, and gear that give a player power will now drain power from their subsystems. this penalty will stack exponentially if multiple power draining effects are detected.

If the experienced player is foolish enough to insist on playing at a higher level than what casual consider to be balanced then point #1 and #4 will trigger, repeatedly.

7. It's really unfair that veteran players have access to all the best gear via Fleet Holdings and Reputation systems whereas a newer player is forced to grind to get the shinies.

from now on the price of gear will scale according to how many hours per week you spend in the game.

A casual player who only spends 2-3 hours logged in per week will have automatic access to all the gear in the game and it would only cost One-Fiddy for each item.

A player who spends 3 or more hours logged in per day will now have to pay 4x the current listed price for items, and will actually risk losing access to purchase gear if they insist on playing the game too much.

8. In PvP it is completely and totally unfair that a more experienced player can kill someone else who doesn't have the same level of skill or experience.

From now if player A has more time in game, more reputation, and/or better gear than player B, and kills player B in a PvP; said player A will get a 1 hour ban from playing the game for the first offense. Second offense will be a 24 hour ban. 3rd offense will be a permaban/account lock.

9. Teamwork is totally OP and is totally unfair to the wanna be Kirks who prefers to be antisocial.

From now on no abilities that affect team mates will work any longer, at all. that includes team wide abilities like Tactical Fleet, and targeted abilities like Science Team.

This also includes all heals, debuff clears, buffs, aggro holding mechanics, or anything that might help your team mates in anyway.

This game was made for casuals and these points will help re-balance the game to more fair levels of play. Any player who attempts to out perform the accepted balanced level of play will be thoroughly chastised and punished.

These points are NOT nerfs, they are much need adjustments to game mechanics that will help improve the health of the game.

Hmm.
    /10 char
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Gee, with a Forum name like sarcasmdetector; I have to wonder if you're honestly serious. If so, give me a break. If not, all I can say is:

Well played:eek::D;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    zathri83 wrote: »
    Hmm.
    /10 char

I see what you did there... very good, very good *slow clap* but the answer is "no" too many people do still partake.

As to the OP... sarcasm, I hope...
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    An interesting start might be to have things like the Transformers and Gate register zero damage until certain conditions are met. The Transformers would register zero until the four Generators are down. The Gate would register zero until the two Transformers are down. That would get rid of 14-15% or more padding that takes place in most parses and sets unrealistic expectations for the casual player to complain about...because they didn't think to do that.

Then again, if the casual showed the initiative to ask...they'd be shown that...so it again falls to the casual.
  • Options
    jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    An interesting start might be to have things like the Transformers and Gate register zero damage until certain conditions are met. The Transformers would register zero until the four Generators are down. The Gate would register zero until the two Transformers are down. That would get rid of 14-15% or more padding that takes place in most parses and sets unrealistic expectations for the casual player to complain about...because they didn't think to do that.

i kill transformers before generators.

i kill gates before transformers.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    lets call this an experiment to see how seriously the community takes itself. :D

An experiment to determine that is rather like an experiment to determine meteorological conditions on the moon- it's a test to find out what's already known beyond refute.

The answer is "far, far too seriously." Next!
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Uhh, there suppose to be a gap. You don't see wemon shooting children out left and right. Only to be employed at college grade jobs. You have lost your mind. Take someone who has played the game for years. Maxed out everything. If someone just starting the game has all the Libertys of the Vet. Tell me, why even play. I've seen some crazy ideas come and go on the forums but without a doubt this one takes the cake.
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I can't get over it. Its madness I tell you. Madness.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    I can't get over it. Its madness I tell you. Madness.

madness............. this is well you know :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    Uhh, there suppose to be a gap. You don't see wemon shooting children out left and right. Only to be employed at college grade jobs. You have lost your mind. Take someone who has played the game for years. Maxed out everything. If someone just starting the game has all the Libertys of the Vet. Tell me, why even play. I've seen some crazy ideas come and go on the forums but without a doubt this one takes the cake.

I think you might have missed something.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Took a minute or two looking at that to see what you were saying. ;)
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Took a minute or two looking at that to see what you were saying. ;)

I saw it, went O.O (.)(.) then saw the sarcasm sign :cool:
This discussion has been closed.