test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let's Make This Game Really Balanced and Fair...

Comments

• Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wish all your points would come to pass:eek:;) - But fear not - I have no doubt that the Devs will continue to make this game more and more:

"Spacebar Online"

As I said in the last thread I posted -

Coming season 9.5 - Dinosaur Mounts - only 500 lobi

Coming X2 - Flying Dragons!

and a 10 tactical console - 5 Univeral Boff - Tactical Warbird with +100 bonus power to weapons, a 100k base hull - a 25 turn and 30 impulse mod!!

And can fire indefinitely while cloaked!

Plus an expansion to 15 active space and 15 active ground doffs!!

:P:P
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i kill transformers before generators.

i kill gates before transformers.

Then you'd have no problem killing Generators to be able to kill the Transformers and killing the Transformers to kill the Gate, right? With the Transformers not registering any damage until the Generators were down and the Gate not registering any damage until the Transformers were down, eh? ;)
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    9. Teamwork is totally OP and is totally unfair to the wanna be Kirks who prefers to be antisocial.

From now on no abilities that affect team mates will work any longer, at all. that includes team wide abilities like Tactical Fleet, and targeted abilities like Science Team.

This also includes all heals, debuff clears, buffs, aggro holding mechanics, or anything that might help your team mates in anyway.

Hang on a minute weren't you complaining a while ago in this thread YOU started
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1146051
    That you wanted STF's made hard so that and I quote "Players including veterans would have to step up their game and work as a team" And here you are shouting for it to curtailed! WTF!
    Either you've a very short memory or you like nothing better than to complain and draw attention to yourself! If your so unhappy with the game why not take yourself off and go play something else for a while?
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sqwished wrote: »
    That you wanted STF's made hard so that and I quote "Players including veterans would have to step up their game and work as a team" And here you are shouting for it to curtailed! WTF!
    Either you've a very short memory or you like nothing better than to complain and draw attention to yourself! If your so unhappy with the game why not take yourself off and go play something else for a while?

Lets inspect the first half of the OP's name "Sarcasm" /end argument

For further information inspect this link: http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/deadly_zone/21360438/10978/10978_640.jpg
  • Options
    jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Then you'd have no problem killing Generators to be able to kill the Transformers and killing the Transformers to kill the Gate, right? With the Transformers not registering any damage until the Generators were down and the Gate not registering any damage until the Transformers were down, eh? ;)

takes too long i got stuff to do
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited June 2014
    sqwished wrote: »

Two posts will enter, only one will leave...

One was a constructive attempt to provide an alternative to all cries of nerf.

The other is an Ironic/Sardonic attempt at mocking all those who cry nerf.
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is a joke right?
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    STO Forums: Land of the Terminally Sarcasm-Impaired. :D
  • Options
    spike74656spike74656 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This has been a Fun read so far. Most ammusing are the people who haven't understood maybe they're simply not british enough :-p
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    1. It's really unfair there is a huge power gap between a fresh lvl 50 with no clue, and a veteran player with maxed out gear, reputation, skills, and thousands of hours of experience. So from now anytime a captain does more than 10k DPS; his ship will automatically trigger Abandon Ship.

Cryptic should use some form of internal scoring to preclude certain players from certain content until the point at which they are ready for it.
    2. It's really unfair that captains can stack expensive DOffs to gain an advantage over captains who don't even know there is a DOff system in the first place.

From now on stacking two or more of the same doff will cause them to work in the opposite manner from which they where designed. Additionally this penalty will now stack exponentially according to how many DOffs where stacked.

Example: seating two or more TT Conn Officers will now significantly increase your Tactical Team cooldown.

This stacking penalty also affects stacking abilities gained from consoles and bridge officer traits.

DOFFs that can stack should be balanced against other DOFFs that can stack. As should DOFFs that can't stack be balanced against other DOFFs that can't stack.
    3. It's really unfair and totally unbalanced that some pilots can trigger multiple powers that give a stacking bonus, such as the damage bonus from APA, APO, and Tactical Fleet. Or the resistance bonus from A2D, APD, or the speed/turn bonus from A2D, APO, EPtE, and Engine Batteries.

From now on every time the games detects that a player is stacking bonuses by triggering multple abilities; those bonuses will be turned into a penalty and will stack exponentially.

The percentage & ratio system that Cryptic uses causes a variety of balance issues.
    4. It's really unfair that some captains can spend hours upon hours grinding to get the best gear when some captains don't want to put any effort into improving the game and instead prefer to fly around pretending they are Kirk.

From now on every time a try hard captain gets hit with an Abandon Ship from point #1, one random item from their gear will have it's rarity dropped down to commun/white and have 2 mark levels removed. the item will also become permanently fused with the ship.

So if you are doing too well there is a chance that that expensive Elite Adaptive shield will be turned in a white MK X shield. keep up the good work and it might become a MK IIX.

Cryptic should hire a group of ninja monkeys to slap the melodramatic folks that complain about effort with rotten banana peels...this one is entirely on the moaning player.
    5. It's really unfair that good pilots can time and synchronize when they trigger their abilities for maximum performance compared to some random casual who just rolls his face on his keyboard.

From now on every time an ability is activated it will have a random cooldown value.

Cryptic should hire a group of flatulent hippos to...yeah, this one is entirely on the moaning player.
    6. It's really OP how some pilots can have monstrous amount of power in their subsystems. Clearly this was never intended as this isn't possible for casual players who refuse to put any effort into improving.

From now on all powers. abilities, and gear that give a player power will now drain power from their subsystems. this penalty will stack exponentially if multiple power draining effects are detected.

If the experienced player is foolish enough to insist on playing at a higher level than what casual consider to be balanced then point #1 and #4 will trigger, repeatedly.

The amount of power that players can get with little to no effort is pretty silly - trying to make it out as something requiring any effort is pretty silly too. Cryptic should address the power issue, as it is something that counters their attempts at balancing various items with power. It's just an example of one of many things Cryptic has said that Y balanced X, and then offered something very easy to offset Y.
    7. It's really unfair that veteran players have access to all the best gear via Fleet Holdings and Reputation systems whereas a newer player is forced to grind to get the shinies.

from now on the price of gear will scale according to how many hours per week you spend in the game.

A casual player who only spends 2-3 hours logged in per week will have automatic access to all the gear in the game and it would only cost One-Fiddy for each item.

A player who spends 3 or more hours logged in per day will now have to pay 4x the current listed price for items, and will actually risk losing access to purchase gear if they insist on playing the game too much.

Ninja monkeys, flatulent hippos, er...er...er...Cryptic should hire meth riddled Candiru to pay these players a visit...yeah, it's entirely on those players moaning. And heh, with a visit from the Candiru - they'll have something to moan about...
    8. In PvP it is completely and totally unfair that a more experienced player can kill someone else who doesn't have the same level of skill or experience.

From now if player A has more time in game, more reputation, and/or better gear than player B, and kills player B in a PvP; said player A will get a 1 hour ban from playing the game for the first offense. Second offense will be a 24 hour ban. 3rd offense will be a permaban/account lock.

PvP needs some form of matchmaking.
    9. Teamwork is totally OP and is totally unfair to the wanna be Kirks who prefers to be antisocial.

From now on no abilities that affect team mates will work any longer, at all. that includes team wide abilities like Tactical Fleet, and targeted abilities like Science Team.

This also includes all heals, debuff clears, buffs, aggro holding mechanics, or anything that might help your team mates in anyway.

The sheer number of abilities one can share is part of an overall issue that makes STO little more than generic fantasy MMO in space. There's teamwork and then there's elves in robes flying through space waving their magic wands...it's pretty damn silly.

I'm all for sending some of the playerbase to the cornfield for some of the things that they whine about, but lumping everything together as you have...even for humor...well, I've been called a member of the CDF - this kind of makes it look like you're in charge of the CDF. ;)
  • Options
    laheuganlaheugan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    spike74656 wrote: »
    This has been a Fun read so far. Most ammusing are the people who haven't understood maybe they're simply not british enough :-p

Brit here - pipe down, Colonies.

Rite then, moving on swiftly...
    "Seleste" - http://www.reddit.com/r/sto Fleet Officer
    Reddit Alert, Reddit Star Empire, House of Snoo, House of the Rising Snoo
    Good Builds: http://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    takes too long i got stuff to do

Would add...20 to 45s or so, if that? Numbers wouldn't look as pretty though, eh? Would be a double whammy of sorts...
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    STO Forums: Land of the Terminally Sarcasm-Impaired. :D

I get it. The fact that I get it is the only reason I haven't declared it trolling and closed the thread completely already.

But the OP may forget that there are a lot of younger players and players for whom English is not their native language. They're less likely to be able to parse the OP to figure out it's nothing but a very long, very sarcastic joke/rant about the sense of entitlement of casual players.

Even if English is their native language, some people will misread it and assume it's serious.

Invariably, some of those people who misinterpret the post are going to react badly.

And that's why I figure it will end up closed. Unless they read this post and decide not to take the thread seriously. That would be the better outcome, but so far I am not optimistic.

EDIT: Belatedly remembered idioms do not translate well.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    4. It's really unfair that some captains can spend hours upon hours grinding to get the best gear when some captains don't want to put any effort into improving the game and instead prefer to fly around pretending they are Kirk. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buM3ytiDgNI
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So you let a veiled troll thread go on...because why not....it's veiled? Good form sir.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    And that's why I figure it will end up closed. Unless they read this post and decide to take the whole thread with a grain of salt. That would be the better outcome, but so far I am not optimistic.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm with you- "This is not likely to end well."

Still gut-busting funny watching it though, and I've got the popcorn popper running full throttle. Want some? :D
    So you let a veiled troll thread go on...because why not....it's veiled? Good form sir.

I can't help but think of those hockey moments where the refs stop breaking "those two guys" up and just wait for what they know is coming- the point where it goes far enough to throw both out with no questions or complaints from any fans on either side, then get on with the game. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014

There are a lot of folks that are beyond tired of all the entitlement nonsense being spewed about the forums...

Maybe they're not wishing them all out to the cornfield...maybe they're not wishing them to be visited by Candiru...maybe they're not wondering why they haven't gotten any messages from Q yet...

...but they sure are beyond tired of all the entitlement nonsense that's being spewed around the forums of late.

It's always been there...but man oh man - it's like it was on sale or something and folks stocked up. It's getting ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So..... can we put this thread out of it's misery already?

• Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    headdesk - headdesk - headdesk
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    edited June 2014

Nerf Head, Buff Desk!

Oh, and did you see what Smirk said about us not being able to be playable tables or couches with X2? Guess that means we can't be playable desks either. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2014

It's really unfair that desks get headdesked all year round while patio tables who are only used during spring summer only get headdesk for 1/2 the year.

from now on everytime a desk gets headdesked it will have 3cm sawed off one it's legs.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    *Claps* Well done OP.

*Eats popcorn*
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I can't help but think of those hockey moments where the refs stop breaking "those two guys" up and just wait for what they know is coming- the point where it goes far enough to throw both out with no questions or complaints from any fans on either side, then get on with the game. :)

Establishing intent and giving folks fair warning before brandishing the modhammer seemed like a good plan.

We'll see. It wouldn't be amiss if sarcasmdetector volunteered to edit his own post to make it absolutely clear that it's not a serious proposal worth arguing about. Y'know, recognizing that sarcasm doesn't translate well?

Aside from that, all I can do is try to help people stay out of trouble. If they insist on jumping right in, well...
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    its sad what sto general discussion has become a tool for trolls to troll "i dont like your ides so i go make a thread to make fun of you and your ides with out naming you"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's really unfair that desks get headdesked all year round while patio tables who are only used during spring summer only get headdesk for 1/2 the year.

from now on everytime a desk gets headdesked it will have 3cm sawed off one it's legs.

Bob's your uncle !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Would add...20 to 45s or so, if that? Numbers wouldn't look as pretty though, eh? Would be a double whammy of sorts...

45 seconds would almost double the match time. dont have time for that.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Establishing intent and giving folks fair warning before brandishing the modhammer seemed like a good plan.

We'll see. It wouldn't be amiss if sarcasmdetector volunteered to edit his own post to make it absolutely clear that it's not a serious proposal worth arguing about. Y'know, recognizing that sarcasm doesn't translate well?

Aside from that, all I can do is try to help people stay out of trouble. If they insist on jumping right in, well...

you're sucking all the fun out of it. :mad: i'll make an subtle edit but i don't think it'll do much good.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    its sad what sto general discussion has become

It's a guilty pleasure, it's like a poor mans reality TV show that you can interact with.:cool:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    its sad what sto general discussion has become

Become? Heh...General Troll has been as bad as long as I can remember. At one point, 98% or so of my posts were confined to Builds/Mechanics or discussing Mechanics in PvP. I wouldn't go near General Troll unless I absolutely had to do so...

...then I accepted what this game is - look at me now, ma - look at me now!

edit: Yes, a little bit of me dies with each post...
  • Options
    edited June 2014

I'll be good I promise! :) *pulls out a Flamethrower and walks behind Sarcasm detector*

This discussion has been closed.