test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,159 Arc User
    Briana: Oatmeal i guess.... I'm not really a breakfast person... So like i said. I have 4 bricks of latnium. How many of them am i gonna need to give you for all this?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    well, a new civvie shadowtalon is 120,000 credits, and all that food and drinks and stuff...let's say another 500 credits on top of that

(i know single MREs are fairly pricey and you're ordering like...300 or so? but this is 2418 where we can replicate the components that make up the packs, like plastic, cloth paper (for the wetnaps and toilet paper and such) and whatever materials make up those flameless ration heaters and the aluminium-based foil for the insides of those drink and seasoning packets (that is aluminium, right? it's silvery like it, but maybe it's something else) and the actual food is by no means scarce, nor are they being marked up like they would in real life because capitalism and people need to make a living...the imperium uses the Universal Basic Income system, same as the federation does in patrickngo and starsword's masterverse stories...so overall, they'll be far cheaper than RL ones are, and that applies for ALL the food and drink and other stuff)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Briana: So if I give you 3 bricks, using the conversion rate from before that would amount to 125,691.... and you can just give me what's left over...
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    correct - you'd have 5,191 credits left over - and that's in addition to the credits you already had from converting that one brick back in the past​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    Briana: neat. I'll have it sent over soon.
  • Options
    so you'll have 47,088 credits in total left over...anything else you'd care to buy as long as i'm making those calls? not sure what else you'd want though, given you've already gotten a ship with furnishing, plenty of food, drink and sweets to feed a squad for months, medical supplies you can just get from lexington's sickbay or starfleet medical if need be, and the ship also comes stocked with basic first-aid supplies and your typical medications, cures, vaccines and surgical and diagnostic tools...and i'm going to include some stuff to help against the more common diseases and sicknesses you'll find in that galaxy once you get there, along with some medicinal potions and ointments, like blood-replenishing and bruise and burn balms

you've already got plenty of weapons, armor, shields and explosives, so you don't need personal protection...so that doesn't leave much else to buy that isn't necessary for a trip​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Briana: there is nothing else I can really think of... and I sent jorin a message saying you had something to give him, so that ball in his court now... oh wait, how about assorted seasonings and spices for the food? And I assume the kitchen comes stocked with things to cook with, pots and pans and plates, ect, ect.
  • Options
    the rations all contain seasonings and spices appropriate to the type of food packaged in it...but i assume you mean for actual cooking - i'll tell them to stock it with the more common spice types like garlic, onion, coriander, sage, thyme, cumin, chili powder and some curry spices; if you want specific ones, let me know and i'll see if i can get a hold of some...i'll even throw in some moon sugar from nirn, but be careful with that...it's a sweetener like the sugar part of its name suggests, but unlike terran sugar, this stuff is more potent and also has mild psychoactive properties...so use it sparingly if you use it​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: Okaaaaay then... all those spices are fine I guess... i don't need anything specific... Himalayan Black Salt is the only thing I can think of that wouldn't be standard... and some chinese cooking wine... I know that's not a seasoning or spice though, something I just realised I would need for cooking
  • Options
    yeah, those i can do - just send a communique to earth and get some straight from the source

(so the revised list as it stands is as follows...)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: fair enough, those bricks will be sent over soon.
  • Options
    so, if that's everything...i'll get all these orders sent off, and the ship should be delivered here in about a week or so, or i can contract a ship with a wormhole drive to have it here instantly if you need it immediately

oh, one more thing...the crates that the food ingredients will be stored it are all stasis-crates that use mini ZPM batteries for power...and those will last until the heat death of the universe, so don't feel pressured to use the fresh stuff up first - it won't go bad​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: Pretty sure that's everything.... I think everyone can wait the week... and... wormhole drive?... that makes me question... does this ship have a warp drive or some other form of FTL?
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,221 Arc User
    Jessica: Well I probably should tea vc h you how to fly a shuttle. Oh or we could get you a delta shuttle. Those usually have air craft style controls.

*Jamie and Jessica each take one.*

Jamie: thanks.

*Veronica is smiling too as she snuggles closer*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    it has a hyperdrive - like the ones used by the various powers of this galaxy and others back when the ancients were still around, not like the hyperdrives the ships use in the galaxy you're heading too...given enough power and if it's a large enough model, these hyperdrives can cross approximately 3 million lightyears in a span of four days...obviously, your ship's won't be able to do that because it's rated for a strike craft, so it would take about 2 weeks to cross that same distance...coincidentally, roughly 3 million lightyears is about how far M-33 is from the milky way, slightly above andromeda's 2.5 million, so if you got he long way, you'll be in jorin's home galaxy within two weeks, give or take...and interesting bit of trivia, M-33 was visited briefly by the Enterprise-D back in the 2360s courtesy of the traveller​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,907 Arc User
    jorin: *messages briana* i dont know how to get a hold of him, do you know where he is?
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    (also, briana should be wondering at this point...if the interceptor's hyperdrive can cross a million and a half lightyears in a week's time, why would it take that long to cross just 12,000 or so in-galaxy?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*pokes unknown contact with stick* also, why is no one dealing with this - including the one who originally brought it up?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Rose: Hey, I flew us to the Lexington.

Nyssa: True, but there is other things that you can do on those touchscreens, and they are reprogrammmerable and the intertfaces can be individualistic. (Nyssa bites into one) Maybe Mom and Auntie Krys can teach you that also. (Another bite)

Rose eating her pulled pork BBQ sandwich: Why did they get rid of system we had?

Nyssa: IIRC, Vulcans.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    (I mean according to star wars lore it'd be because hyperdrives are messed up by gravity wells to its hard to avoid hazards without hitting them so there's failsafes so you don't hyperdrive into a black hole or a star. The void outside of the galaxy presumably has none so you could go full speed with no worries)

Jessica: That's true. *She eats her ice cream and smiles* And yeah this uniformal design is easy for more races to understand,
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    (didn't help the yuuzhan vong...it took them MILLENNIA to cross the void - of course, they don't actually use hyperdrives, so maybe their biots are far slower even though they can still access hyperspace like the 'infidels' can

or it was because dovin basals only work by locking on to nearby gravitational sources and there's no gravity in the void, so they had to go sublight...actually, i think it was in fact the latter, now that i've mulled it over

either way, stargate hyperdrives are still way faster - especially asgard and ancient ones

also *continues jabbing people related to unknown contact*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    (Still don't know how Andor's U-Wing was able to jump to Hyperspace IN AN ATMOSPHERE in Rogue One though. Maybe he overrode the safeties...)

Krystal: *noms her sunday* Pretty sure I can help rig up anything really. Get me and Dee together... look out.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Rose: Something will explode thats for sure.

Nyssa laughed as she was eating, which almost cuased to her to lose her bite.

Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Krystal: Hey! Brexan was an Engineer! Ijoula won't let me blow us up.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    (that's what stops you from doing so, yes - it isn't a physical limitation, it's safety measures in place to drop a ship out of hyperspace when sensors detect a grabbity well, nor will it allow a ship already in one to jump out)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Rose: Well, we can work on it, bits and pieces till Nyssa and Jamie get to school. I am not going to Starfleet Academy, too old for that.

Nyssa: Come on, Ma. All those young cadets seeing a real live superhero.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    (you are never too old to go to school...provided the teachers don't mind a challenge, since adults can't absorb knowledge like kids can)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Jessica: Oh come on I'm sure it would be fun.

Jamie: Better to learn something and not need it than need it and not know it.
  • Options
    (*continues poking absent people*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: *shrug*