test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    Krystal: So... you're asking us, who just got done fighting a squadron of Reapers... to fight a god?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,219 Arc User
    *Veronica elbows Radm Rose*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    anyway *he says, kicking rose under the table* to continue *he then goes into a brief overview of the brood war, from the protoss departing their ruined homeworld for the dark templar homeworld of shakuras, kerrigan's brief alliance with them to gather the twin crystals uraj and khalis needed to power the xel'naga temple on the world so it can be purged of the zerg that followed the protoss from aiur, followed by the UED invasion of the koprulu sector and their goals, kerrigan's attempt to wrest control of the swarm back from the UED via an alliance with raynor, mengsk and the protoss and her eventual betrayal of them - and then he reaches the point of zeratul's discovery of amon's servant narud - though known as samir duran at this point - and the hybrid program on an unnamed dark moon* and the second great war is up next...and it gets worse from here on out...and yes, i am - it's either fight a god, and KILL him in the void, or let him return at some point down the line and wipe out all life in the universe​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    RAdm Rose starts: Uhm, what?

Cartwright: Alex, I hate to break this to you, but you are talking Vulcan to me. What is the key word to breifings? Brief.

(AKA, I have no TRIBBLE clue what you are talking about. )
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    (of course you do, since you've played all the starcraft games and know what happens...because if you haven't, WHY THE TRIBBLE DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING BEFORE I STARTED?)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    (I've played StarCraft. Apparently Rose hasn't even touched WARCRAFT, let alone StarCraft)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    (Because, I thought you would actually do a briefing that would be infomative and brief. I was mistaken. Anything with the wrod Craft, I have stayed away from. )
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    (and i haven't touched a single mass effect game...that didn't stop me from doing enough basic research to at least be able to understand what the hell is going on)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited September 2017
    (here, this should give at least enough of an overview for you to at least follow what is being said

you wanted a brief, informative briefing? that's about as brief as any 'story so far' can get - all the others are multi-hour things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzCAh3IZK3Q )​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (So Starcraft is Warhammer 40K without the artwork behind it. So Amon wants to remake the universe by starting over, ok got it)

Cartwright: So this Amon is some kind of progenitor who now wants to destroy all that was created becuase he thinks he can do better. I can see why this might be a problem, but if he is being Hannibal at Carrae, and everyone is the poor Romans, how do we change the calculus?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    well, kerrigan explained it a bit better so i'll let her tell it...but first, you need to see the apocalyptic vision of the future where kerrigan died and amon won that zeratul gleaned from the overmind's corpse when he went looking for clues as to what narud was up to in the interim between the first and second great wars - place a finger on the ihan crystal and i'll activate it

(now, since In Utter Darkness isn't a cutscene, but a mission, i can't just link a youtube video of it unless you wanna watch the 15 minute version of it linked on the wiki page, so the description on said page will have to do: http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/In_Utter_Darkness )​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: *shocked*
  • Options
    (you got 20 minutes before my internet cuts out for the rest of the night/early morning, so hop to it)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Cartwright: So what do you want us to do?

RAdm Rose: Definetly making this a volunteer mission.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    edited September 2017
    it's not so much what i want to do but what kerrigan wants to do; i just volunteered to recruit additional help *he replaces the ihan crystal containing the armageddon memory with another*

here, this will explain it *as everyone touching the crystal suddenly finds themselves aboard a protoss vessel with four figures clustered around a console - artanis, selendis, james raynor and alex, who is actually lounging up against said console*

(just watch until 2:02 - everything after that hasn't actually happened yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P4cWyA_Us8 )​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (okay, so apparently '4 hour maintenance' is code for 35 minutes to metrocast...either that or they had to turn it back on briefly for some reason)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    RAdm Rose: So whats the plan of attack? What are the forces arrayed to us? What is the objective?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    i don't really think kerrigan had much of a plan beyond 'enter the void, find this benevolent voice she mentioned and kick amon's TRIBBLE again - this time for good'

but of course, it's never that easy...but seeing as how artanis, jim and zagara (one of the broodmothers kerrigan uses to relay her orders to the rest of the swarm) all know their respective forces better than i do, i'll leave the individual strategizing up to them​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Cartwright: We have to get back to Milky Way to repair and refit. Excpet for the Varyag, everyone else is in need of repair. Seventeen, Jessica, Krystal, Rakesh, how long?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    probably at least 3 weeks - the fang's a lot of ship and she took some major damage to her armor plating during the fight - both from the reaper's guns and the large amounts of radiation being put out by the supermassive black hole; entire sections are going to have to be ripped off and replaced​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: Hard to say. Structural integrety is probably compromised by the maneuvering we had to pull to avoid the Reapers like we had to. Actually heard the stress on the hull. I'll probably need another ship if you want me out anytime soon.
  • Options
    if need be, i can also bring a backup ship; i have a few in drydock​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Cartwright: You do realize you are a Fleet Admiral, Krystal? And a hero? You do have some favors you could cash in. As soon as we get back, the Lexington will be in a Spacedock slip, and have teams work on it day and night. After all, you are the Fighting Princess.

RAdm Rose: Not too worried about the damage done to the Tigershark, but she is not built for fighting away from supply lines.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    oh, i think i can at least guarantee supply lines - the protoss are masters of warp technology *alex speaks up* and not our kind of warp either; think wormholes...very powerful wormholes​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*runs over things*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Jessica: The relentless is gonna take a while to fix because it's not even made yet so temporal investigations will have to handle it. And I would borrow that herald ship but if we're time travelling that would end poorly for them so I'm gonna have to find a new ship. I need to call in some favors.

Seventeen: The Tlaru shouldn't take too long it didn't get as badly hurt as the others.
  • Options
    (it's just the iconians that have shown an inability to time travel - heralds shouldn't have any problems with it...and in the event they do, just kick them off the ship)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (If she's borrowing their ship they wouldn't appreciate being thrown off)
  • Options
    (they would if you tell them it's for the sake of their health)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    RAdm Rose: Calling in that favor may cuase some problems, Jessica. Temporal warfare is not the Iconian's strong point.

Cartwright: So where and when do we meet, Old Wolf?
    Ancient Griffon insult