test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HELP! My jetpack is not showing!

abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So earlier today I was having a nice fly around Risa with my Orion on my jetpack, wearing my pink bikini and enjoying the sights, no problems. But now when I logged back in my jetpack doesn't show at all, all I get is the little exhaust showing up beneath my feet.

This has also happened on my Romulan.

Oh I can still fly around but I just cant see the jetpack.

Edit: Now I can't even turn my jetpack off!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    my jetpack does not show with the basic bikini outfit on my rom/kdf char :(
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    This issue has been verified by QA and sent on to be fixed.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This issue has been verified by QA and sent on to be fixed.
    Awwww...but I was enjoying "superhero" mode on my Romulan. :(

:D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    To fix this issue, go to the Tailor, select your swimsuit costume and click Modify. You'll likely load into the Tailor window with something that's not your swimsuit. Switch the drop-down to Swimsuit and that should reapply the swimsuit you previously had selected. As long as you change nothing else, this should leave the Total Cost as 0. Click Purchase and your swimsuit costume will now display the floater pack.

Basically, there was a change to swimsuits to allow the floater packs to display properly, but for that to work the costume needs to be manually updated in the Tailor. All costume updates are set up this way, not just swimsuits, so that players who don't want the costume update for whatever reason can choose to not apply it.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As long as you change nothing else, this should leave the Total Cost as 0.
    even if they changed something, the cost would still be 0 since all tailor changes are free now
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To fix this issue, go to the Tailor, select your swimsuit costume and click Modify. You'll likely load into the Tailor window with something that's not your swimsuit. Switch the drop-down to Swimsuit and that should reapply the swimsuit you previously had selected. As long as you change nothing else, this should leave the Total Cost as 0. Click Purchase and your swimsuit costume will now display the floater pack.

Basically, there was a change to swimsuits to allow the floater packs to display properly, but for that to work the costume needs to be manually updated in the Tailor. All costume updates are set up this way, not just swimsuits, so that players who don't want the costume update for whatever reason can choose to not apply it.

Will this work-around fix the same issue with the floater not showing up on KDF aligned characters wearing off duty outfits? You know, the same issue that was present last year and didn't get fixed, even with a full year to do just that.

I have no swimsuits on any character, but they all do have some of the costume pieces from last year. No issues with Fed aligned characters, but every single KDF aligned one is affected.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It did not 100% work for me as soon as i loged back in the next day she was Super Girl again
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Will this work-around fix the same issue with the floater not showing up on KDF aligned characters wearing off duty outfits?
    I wonder this too, and will have to test it out when I get home tonight.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Will this work-around fix the same issue with the floater not showing up on KDF aligned characters wearing off duty outfits?

A week ago, I did basically what Crypticfrost just described and my floater appeared on my Khan outfit. Since then it still is appearing without problem.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited June 2014

The fix for my KDF character only lasted till I left to do some Doffing, once I was done and came back to Risa it was broken again.

It is a temporary workaround, but not a fix sadly.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Thanks for the info. I have extra slots, I'll just make another swim trunk outfit that the floater will show on rather than getting rid of Kingon Superman. :P
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To fix this issue, go to the Tailor, select your swimsuit costume and click Modify. You'll likely load into the Tailor window with something that's not your swimsuit. Switch the drop-down to Swimsuit and that should reapply the swimsuit you previously had selected. As long as you change nothing else, this should leave the Total Cost as 0. Click Purchase and your swimsuit costume will now display the floater pack...
    This fixed the missing Floater my Male Liberated Borg Klingon's Risian Explorer and Beachcomber uniforms.

Thanks, Crypticfrost!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited June 2014

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17496261&postcount=9

That "fix" you outlined is temporary. The costume becomes corrupt again, seemingly at random after some number of zone transitions or client restarts, and then the floater disappears until you do it again.

Note that this KDF missing floater bug was around last year as well, and never fixed or addressed.
    edited June 2014
    Floaters are for weakling Feddies anyway, Klingons are supermen and can fly without such things. I must go! My people need me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17496261&postcount=9

That "fix" you outlined is temporary. The costume becomes corrupt again, seemingly at random after some number of zone transitions or client restarts, and then the floater disappears until you do it again.

Note that this KDF missing floater bug was around last year as well, and never fixed or addressed.

Thanks for the info. One of our programmers has identified some code problems in the costume system that he is working on ironing out. So let's call this a workaround instead of a fix.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Good to hear, thanks.
    edited June 2014
    To fix this issue, go to the Tailor, select your swimsuit costume and click Modify. You'll likely load into the Tailor window with something that's not your swimsuit. Switch the drop-down to Swimsuit and that should reapply the swimsuit you previously had selected. As long as you change nothing else, this should leave the Total Cost as 0. Click Purchase and your swimsuit costume will now display the floater pack...
    This fix worked for my KDF (Male) Nausicaan Engineer. Thanks!

• Options
    edited June 2014
    My rom/kdf still super girl yes ive tryed frosts fix it onky lats till i log off .
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    My rom/kdf still super girl yes ive tryed frosts fix it onky lats till i log off .

Yeah, it's really a workaround rather than a true fix. We've got a programmer working on an actual fix.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, it's really a workaround rather than a true fix. We've got a programmer working on an actual fix.

Cheers frost for the update u n taco are the most helpful of the dev team.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited June 2014

For all of my KDf and KDF-allied Romulans, it seems that when I switch to a Uniform slot, the non-Uniform slots all revert to Uniform. It's at that point that they revert to a default look when I try to edit them, and their floaters disappear. I've noticed that the same switch happens to Federation characters after some amount of time, but it at least seems to hold through brief costume changes back to Uniform slots.

What I'd recommend, especially for KDF players, is to save any non-Uniform costumes and just use the Load Outfit option in the tailor until they can figure out a way to make non-Uniform slots stick.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    anodynes wrote: »
    What I'd recommend, especially for KDF players, is to save any non-Uniform costumes and just use the Load Outfit option in the tailor until they can figure out a way to make non-Uniform slots stick.

You can also switch to the correct non-uniform slot type and then hit the revert costume (undo) button on the costume page, and it will change it back.