What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - May 30, 2014

Comments

• Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm not sure I'll ever understand the following mindset that so many players have...

"Cryptic, you need to fix all the bugs that adversely affect us; but you need to stop fixing all the bugs that benefit us!"

...I mean, c'mon - seriously?

If it's a bug, it needs to be squashed...

So true, so true...

However, when one looks at the history, a different tale is told...

Just going with Season 9, we still don't have our "beneficial" power trays working, however, within days of the full Undine set "going live in the wild", the benefiting us but shouldn't torp spread is being "fixed"...

Klingon uniforms? Took what, a season and a half to fix? Flanking took "forever" to release because it was known to be broken before it went live on anything but the Breen raider, and now secondary deflectors are taking forever to get past the Dyson ships.

Therefore, it's a matter of perception. If it helps us too much, it's "fixed" immediately. If it's meant to help us but isn't, well, they'll "get around to it"...

Before anyone breaks out the throwers, I am fully aware of the difficulties of coding, especially fixing bugs in a game of this complexity. I'm fully aware that "balance" is something that needs to be maintained and corrected as soon as possible. I'm fully aware that certain fixes can be much quicker than others. I'm fully aware that the QA department must be a foreign language and can't understand "this torp needs to be seen as firing X amount of shots". Minds change (seemed good till the players found that odd combination that makes it OP).

Are these fixes (nerfs) necessary? Yep. Is the timing appropriate? Yep. Does this turnaround seem to reinforce an attitude/philosophy of "nerf before buff"? Yep. Should their philosophy before "all fixes are considered equal"? Yep. Is it? Hard to tell, as the perception is definitely in the opposite direction...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Just done some testing on tribble and submitted a couple of bug reports summing up my findings, but this is what I've found so far:

(The ticket numbers are: 45090, 45091 and 45092)

(45090) Some of the traits are still not entirely right, Lucky, Soldier and Covert being the most obvious, while I find Adrenal Booster, Sixth Sense and Adrenal Release are still in need of buffing and a bug fix, as they are sub-par as powers and stop you running which isn't in the tooltips.

(45091) Also the Undine Counter-Command Armour you get at T5 has a terrible health regen proc, worse than Honour Guard even at really low health levels (Borg was kind enough to try and assimilate me so I could test it easier), only went up to about .25 whereas Honour Guard is .35, which is odd as Undine gear should heal more considering the Undine combat style, and also as a flat rate instead of as your health decreases, which I think is pointless.

However the 30% increased physical damage is nice and the other modifiers are good on the armour so points there, just a shame the gun is utter rubbish, slowest end-game weapon to kill foes I've had in a long time, even against Undine with set bonuses.

(45092) Finally the costume options for the counter-command armour are bugged for me in the tailor, I have many options missing and just choosing to use those options from the drop down crushes my characters body proportions down, most noticeably the chest size, the same bug as the Hirogen armour visuals (which I might add are still bugged in that manner as well).

That's my report for now, might add more later if I can get some more time to test.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    EDIT "All repeatable PVP missions for Fed and Klg (arena and scenario) are now set to a 20 hour cooldown. "
    WTF is all I can think off. Why ruin what we find fun for no reason? No other game would be stupid enough to limit PvP to once every 20 hours. What is the logic behind this? What about those of us who like to have a weekend of PvP?

Also I just realized getting the accolade for PvP will take months if not years now. You have to run it what was it 75 times? But can only get the reward once every 3 days due to the limit of one per day. So 7.5 months of daily grinding to get the PvP accolade!!!!

The 20 hour cool down is for the "complete 3 PvP missions of X space or X ground type" missions.
  • Options
    taolen7780taolen7780 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    One thousand seems totally bogus to play a game of pvp ground or space to 20 hours after the first
  • Options
    taolen7780taolen7780 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you do something like this from criptyc to increase and dilithium in pvp
  • Options
    ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For me personally this counts as the most stupid patch of the last 12 months.

Unless you are a multiboxer with a lot of accounts, there have been and still are way more effective ways to acquire loads and loads of dilithium. If your goal is to farm the most dilithium in the shortest time possible, this private ground PvP "exploit" has been the wrong way to go in the first place.

From my experience, a typical space PvP pugmatch takes about 12 minutes (Premade matches take about twice that long). So completing the PvP wrapper would take about 36 minutes, or 3, 4 hours straight pugging for hitting the daily refine cap (not considering waiting time between PvP matches), which renders normal PvP gameplay an ineffective way of farming dilithium.

The solution to your problem requires a scalpel, instead you smash on it with a sledgehammer. It's like arresting a whole city to bring down the crime rate. Something straight out of a South Park episode. Are you seriously claming there was no other alternative?

Regular PvP'ers are already loosing out on possible dilithium rewards, simply because of playing PvP in the first place. But at least they got some low dil amounts out of it, now it's gonna be almost nothing.

With this patch, you are punishing people for simply playing PvP in your game. PvP is the last remaining bastion that resembles something of a challenge, its for people who are interested in experiencing gameplay that is more "mentally" challenging and engaging than counting beans in a jar. Not everyone likes playing the foundry or playing STFs over and over again, or shooting fish in a barrel for hours in a battlezone, or playing dress-up with your character or ship.

As a representative of one of the last remaining PvP fleets in this game, to the person who is responsible for this, we seriously question your judgement.
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Considering my maxed out torpedo build based around it was only getting around 16k dps, perhaps 20k if enough pattern betas got used I wouldn’t say it was broken. Compared to maxed out energy builds 16k to 20k is perfectly reasonable. If anything it brought torpedoes up to a decent level around where they should be. It made torpedo boats almost competitive. Yes it might be broken in comparison to other torpedoes but I was looking at it from a torpedo V energy boat point of view and it only looked broken as other torps are so bad. (bad in comparison to energy boats)

Extra torps for torpedo spread is hardly new. The Omega torp shoots far more torpedoes up to 40 torpedoes out in 1 volley I recall correctly and no one calls that broken. The set torpedoes was only 28 torpedos before the fix wasn’t it? So I was hoping it wasn't a bug just a different version of the Omega torp.

The Omega TS was fixed long ago. It only fires x4 per target with a TS3.

x4 is the standard for a TS3. The E-Bio was doing x7. Instead of dropping out 20x torps for a TS3 vs. 5x targets, it was dropping out 35x torps.

That's not to say that they always hit. I did a bug report on an insidious (yes, I'm using that term without the intent to be melodramatic) issue that exists with the TS E-Bio. You'll see the visual for all the torps firing - see them fly across the screen - see all the nifty explosions...see that no damage was done, check the log/parse and see no damage was done. It's nothing that I've been able to recreate 100% to tell Cryptic, "Hey do this and this happens..."; but it's something that does happen randomly from time to time...and...it's potentially going to TRIBBLE up any parses of the E-Bio.

Speaking of parses though, I decided to do something a little unfriendly...but was actually surprised at the results.

http://i.imgur.com/3B5X4I2.png

I cut out the names of the four other folks in the PUG. I didn't expect the order quite to come out like that.

Why, one might ask? Hell, VD - even your DPS is garbage there!

Check this one out...

http://i.imgur.com/3RtWH5j.png

...yep, there's a pair of R-Tet Cascades, dropping out Photonics and Aceton Assimilators, some Singularity Jumps...

...and a single actual weapon that was used. Only used the E-Bio Photon, no other weapons.

Pulling the Photonics and Acetons out of it...

http://i.imgur.com/1UTOv3L.png

...45.6% of the damage came from E-Bio TS3. Wasn't a case of favoring it. When TS3 was up, it was used. When HY2 was up, it was used. When neither was up, was firing the standard version of the torp.

It was still 43% of my attacks...

http://i.imgur.com/gDbjh5e.png

...because it was firing up to 35 torps each time. It missed out on the Accuracy Overflow, since as we know any attack with an Auto Hit component does not benefit from Accuracy Overflow - so it didn't have the CrtH/CrtD that the HY did.

It would have parsed higher, if I had tried to fly like I had a single weapon and had changed out the bind I normally use for torps. As is, I spent a lot of time out of arc - doing passes where I'd normally drop out three different torps, turn, and fire two more torps...with a single torp - a lot of time spent out of arc. I had issues with the bind where I had to smack it forever to get the torp actually to fire at times. Even tried putting it on autofire, but it didn't want to autofire. Meh, I jumped out of that ISE at the end faster than I ever have, seriously having expected that it would show me as a complete embarrassment for the run. I didn't expect to have the most DPS from the group.

Also, keep in mind that Willard's a Sci - not a Tac. No APA, no TacFleet. As for Tac Consoles, yep - he's running the Mult-Relay and 3x VR Mk XI Photon Consoles...no Advanced Locators/Exploiters, just ol' +28.1% strength consoles. Yes, he's got the 3pc Protonic for the boosts mentioned in an earlier post - he's running Borg, Tachyo, 0Point, Bioneural, and AA to round out the remaining consoles. Running Precision, Advanced Targeting, as well as both T4 Nukara Aux Traits at 125 Aux.

Even with the problems with the bind/firing, even with not changing how I was flying to take into consideration that I was using a single weapon...even with a Sci and a subpar build...the one weapon outDPS'd what the other four guys each did.

That's not bragging. It's shock. I'm a TRIBBLE pilot and I suck at this game...imagine a decent pilot with a better build. Heck, I dropped in 2x Blue and 1x Purple PWOs (normally don't run PWOs since they're not needed for a Photon build) for a single torp and still did that. The BOFF layout's...

TT1, HY2, TS3, APO3
    TT1

ET1, AtS1
    PH1, TSS2, HE3
    ST1, ST2

...not a damage layout. It's a trolly cloaked healer layout.

But in the end, with the subpar build - the craptastic flying - the combination of the standard, HY2, and TS3 with the E-Bio (including incubation)...still did more DPS alone than the other four guys.

And in the end, one shouldn't have the expectation to parse as high as a FAWboat in ISE with projectiles...ISE's rigged in favor of FAW. It's not a neutral test.
    I was using it but now I removed some of the set as I just realized it isn’t worth it and I was never convinced the 10% crit part worked. Now the torp has been fixed my Quantum build outperforms the Photon build by a noticeable amount. Due to that I skipped the Protonic console as all it gave me of use was 10% severity and there are better options then that console. But I keep the Grav torp in the rear slot for the 3% crit chance to Quantum's.

2pc: +22.9% base/strength damage with Photons; +3% CrtH with everything
    3pc: +10% CrtH with Photons; +10% CrtD with everything

You're running the Experimental Weapon as an actual weapon you use on your Photon build? You're running mixed Energy/Projectiles?

The Experimental on my Photon boat sits aft and never fires. It's there just for the +10% CrtH for the six Photons I run (E-Bio, Grav, 2x Disrupting, and 2x Bio (new)) and for the +10% CrtD for everything...
    As for the tac console the radiation damage doesn’t boost the radiation damage on my [borg] torpedoes and I didn’t notice any change to aceton beams. The 22.9% damage is worse then a Locators/Exploiters console. So I removed the console. Overall now the torp has been fixed its useless to my builds and I am swapping back to Quantum for better performance.

E-Bio Incubation: w/ 1059.1 w/o 838.9
    Aceton Assimilator: A) w/ 54.5 w/o 49.8 B) w/ 1090.5 w/o 995
    Aceton Beam III: w/ 151.9 w/o 137.4

Would need to go through the mechanics of just how those numbers are generated, which I don't know off hand - but something to keep in mind with the small changes seen on the AA and AB is that's per tick. AB3 lasts 30s, so that's +435 total. AA lasts 300s, so that's +1410 total. It's going to be a little different depending on how you look at it...+435 vs. +14.5, etc, etc, etc.

The Multi-Relay, like anything, is going to come down to the build whether or not it's decent or garbage. I run the E-Bio, Grav, 2x Disrupting, and 2x Bio for my Torps...as well as dropping out AAs.

And it's not +22.9%, it's +26.2%...the +22.9% comes from the 2pc Protonic. 26.2% vs. 31.9% means giving up 5.7% base/strength damage. It also means giving up either +1.6% CrtH or +8% CrtD.

My torps as far as CrtD/CrtH go...

E-Bio Photon: 184.2% CrtD /36.6% CrtH
    Grav Photon: 164.2% CrtD / 40.6% CrtH
    2x Disrupting Photons: 164.2% CrtD / 34.6% CrtH
    2x Bio Photons: 164.2% CrtD / 34.6% CrtH

(keep in mind, only running 3x VR Mk XI Photons - plans to go with 3x ATVE's for +24% additional CrtD)

The E-Bio also sports +10% Acc, while the Disruptings and Bio Photons are sporting +20% Acc.

Giving up the 5.7% base and either 1.6% CrtH or +8% CrtD...for the build I'm running, I can see doing it.

Not everything is going to work for every build - it's going to come down to the build. Just because something may be garbage for Person A's build, doesn't mean it's garbage for Person B's build. The Nukara console is basically worthless on this build, it's great on other builds I have.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Omega TS was fixed long ago. It only fires x4 per target with a TS3.
    I need to double check that but last time I looked the Omega special power was to hit 10 targets but 4 per target for 40 torps. That’s why I thought the E-bio might not be a bug as it was almost double per target in exchange for only hitting half as many targets as the Omega.

I built my E-bio torp the same way as the Omega. Make it so it proc often with doffs yet is the only torp to use torp spread. Not that doffs work with the Omega anymore.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    So true, so true...

However, when one looks at the history, a different tale is told...

Not necessarily a different tale, honestly.
    Just going with Season 9, we still don't have our "beneficial" power trays working, however, within days of the full Undine set "going live in the wild", the benefiting us but shouldn't torp spread is being "fixed"...

Can you really compare the effort it took to fix the TS issue with the E-Bio to the massive mess taking place with loadouts/quick-quip/etc? Do they forget about everything and work on the thing that will likely take the longest to fix - or - perhaps as they tweak something, send it to be tested, they work in other fixes?

The issue with the E-Bio was reported on Tribble nearly from the start. It wasn't just days. It's been over a month since S9 launched...
    Klingon uniforms? Took what, a season and a half to fix?

It's a cosmetic issue.
    Flanking took "forever" to release because it was known to be broken before it went live on anything but the Breen raider,

Flanking was just part of the improvements they planned for the KDF Raiders. It wasn't just Flanking...they had to decide upon what other boosts they were going to include.
    and now secondary deflectors are taking forever to get past the Dyson ships.

Everybody knew that would take a long time - anybody that thought about it. Secondary Deflectors are going to be a ton of items added to the database. Think about all the different types of Deflectors, Engines, Shields, and Cores that exist. Think about what the Secondary Deflectors might offer - yeah, that was always going to take time to populate...
    Therefore, it's a matter of perception. If it helps us too much, it's "fixed" immediately. If it's meant to help us but isn't, well, they'll "get around to it"...

But that's a faulty perception...
    Before anyone breaks out the throwers, I am fully aware of the difficulties of coding, especially fixing bugs in a game of this complexity. I'm fully aware that "balance" is something that needs to be maintained and corrected as soon as possible. I'm fully aware that certain fixes can be much quicker than others. I'm fully aware that the QA department must be a foreign language and can't understand "this torp needs to be seen as firing X amount of shots". Minds change (seemed good till the players found that odd combination that makes it OP).

It was found from the start...like most things that are obviously bugs and appear beneficial, most folks weren't too forthcoming about the matter and tried to deny it as long as they could when it was brought up. It's not exactly rocket science that all these torps over here are firing x4 torps with TS3 and this one is firing x7 torps where each of the torps is doing the same damage as the x4 group...to see there's something wrong there.
    Are these fixes (nerfs) necessary? Yep. Is the timing appropriate? Yep. Does this turnaround seem to reinforce an attitude/philosophy of "nerf before buff"? Yep. Should their philosophy before "all fixes are considered equal"? Yep. Is it? Hard to tell, as the perception is definitely in the opposite direction...

The philosophy shouldn't be all fixes are considered equal though. That's not the same as saying all bugs need to be fixed. There are obviously fixes that are more important than other fixes.

There's just going to be the simple case as well of how many teams a particular bug affects and who needs to be involved. Whether it's a design fix, do artists need to be involved, what about animators, what about the FX guys, what about programmers, is it database, etc, etc, etc...

Cryptic is by no means perfect...and it's not a case of trying to make excuses for them in the least; it's just the reality of the situation...which often eludes perception.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I need to double check that but last time I looked the Omega special power was to hit 10 targets but 4 per target for 40 torps. That’s why I thought the E-bio might not be a bug as it was almost double per target in exchange for only hitting half as many targets as the Omega.

I built my E-bio torp the same way as the Omega. Make it so it proc often with doffs yet is the only torp to use torp spread. Not that doffs work with the Omega anymore.

Have to check that again myself then...was only looking at the x4 number since somebody had brought up in another thread they believed it was doing x8+. Didn't look at the number of targets.

Lol, just reading on the tooltip before heading off to find a bunch of targets...is a trip.

Plasma Torpedo - Spread III
    Torpedo Spread damages up to 5 enemies - your main target, and up to 8 more.

/EPICFACEPALM

Lol...ahem, anyway...let me find a bunch of targets for it. Hrmm, Empire Defense Romulans - all the Scorpions. That might work.

Hrmm, well then...here's the raw log of a TS3 attack:

14:05:31:12:16:29.7::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[6844 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-530.048,-2465.34
    14:05:31:12:16:29.7::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[6844 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,273.927,2739.27
    14:05:31:12:16:29.8::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[6844 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-510.052,-2372.34
    14:05:31:12:16:29.8::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[6844 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,263.593,2635.93
    14:05:31:12:16:29.9::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[6844 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-479.428,-2229.9
    14:05:31:12:16:29.9::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[6844 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,247.766,2477.66
    14:05:31:12:16:30.0::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[6844 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-459.632,-2137.82
    14:05:31:12:16:30.0::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[6844 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,237.536,2375.36
    14:05:31:12:16:30.0::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[6843 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-527.742,-2454.61
    14:05:31:12:16:30.0::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[6843 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,272.735,2727.35
    14:05:31:12:16:30.5::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[6842 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-447.486,-2081.33
    14:05:31:12:16:30.5::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[6842 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,231.259,2312.59
    14:05:31:12:16:30.7::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[6842 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-440.352,-2048.15
    14:05:31:12:16:30.7::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[6842 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,227.572,2275.72
    14:05:31:12:16:30.8::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[6842 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-930.109,-4326.09
    14:05:31:12:16:30.8::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[6842 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,Critical,480.677,4806.77
    14:05:31:12:16:32.3::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[6830 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-930.401,-4327.45
    14:05:31:12:16:32.3::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[6830 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,Critical,887.187,5214.63
    14:05:31:12:16:32.3::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[6829 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-920.817,-4282.87
    14:05:31:12:16:32.3::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[6829 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,Critical,475.875,4758.74
    14:05:31:12:16:32.4::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[6832 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-493.401,-2294.89
    14:05:31:12:16:32.4::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[6832 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,254.988,2549.88
    14:05:31:12:16:32.5::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[6833 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-930.401,-4327.45
    14:05:31:12:16:32.5::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[6833 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,Critical,964.698,5292.14
    14:05:31:12:16:32.6::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[6834 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-437.642,-2035.54
    14:05:31:12:16:32.6::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[6834 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,226.172,2261.72
    14:05:31:12:16:32.7::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[6831 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-439.751,-2045.35
    14:05:31:12:16:32.7::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[6831 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,227.262,2272.62
    14:05:31:12:16:32.7::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[6828 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-492.89,-2292.51
    14:05:31:12:16:32.7::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[6828 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,254.723,2547.23

So let's take a look at what happened there, eh?

T'varo Light Warbird #6844 was hit by 4x torps.
    T'varo Light Warbird #6843 was hit by 1x torps.
    T'varo Light Warbird #6842 was hit by 3x torps.
    Scorpion Fighter #6830, #6829, #6832, #6833, #6831, and #6828 were each hit by 1x torps.

Okay, let me try that again...raw log of just the TS3 again:

14:05:31:12:26:21.5::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[7283 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-432.507,-2011.66
    14:05:31:12:26:21.5::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[7283 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,223.518,2235.18
    14:05:31:12:26:21.7::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[7282 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-394.811,-1928.12
    14:05:31:12:26:21.7::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[7282 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,262.926,2086.74
    14:05:31:12:26:21.8::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7265 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-928.449,-4318.37
    14:05:31:12:26:21.8::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7265 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,Critical,479.819,4798.19
    14:05:31:12:26:21.9::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7268 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-886.192,-4121.82
    14:05:31:12:26:21.9::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7268 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,Critical,457.98,4579.8
    14:05:31:12:26:22.0::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7264 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-407.668,-1896.13
    14:05:31:12:26:22.0::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7264 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,210.681,2106.81
    14:05:31:12:26:22.1::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7266 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-429.841,-1999.26
    14:05:31:12:26:22.1::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7266 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,222.14,2221.4
    14:05:31:12:26:22.1::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7265 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-1.9519,-9.07862
    14:05:31:12:26:22.1::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7265 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,Critical|Kill,5170.14,5179.22
    14:05:31:12:26:22.2::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7267 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-930.401,-4327.45
    14:05:31:12:26:22.2::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7267 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,Critical,643.648,4971.09
    14:05:31:12:26:22.2::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7268 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-44.2089,-205.623
    14:05:31:12:26:22.2::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7268 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,1718.4,1924.02
    14:05:31:12:26:22.3::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7264 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-370.712,-1724.24
    14:05:31:12:26:22.3::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7264 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,191.583,1915.82
    14:05:31:12:26:22.4::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7263 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-884.649,-4114.65
    14:05:31:12:26:22.4::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7263 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,Critical,457.183,4571.83
    14:05:31:12:26:22.4::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7266 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-432.162,-2010.06
    14:05:31:12:26:22.4::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7266 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,223.34,2233.4
    14:05:31:12:26:22.5::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7269 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-431.465,-2006.82
    14:05:31:12:26:22.5::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7269 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,222.98,2229.8
    14:05:31:12:26:22.5::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7267 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,2201.4,0
    14:05:31:12:26:22.5::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7268 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,Kill,2142.15,0
    14:05:31:12:26:22.6::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7264 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-930.401,-4327.45
    14:05:31:12:26:22.6::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7264 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,Critical,527.137,4854.58
    14:05:31:12:26:22.6::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[7281 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-422.738,-1966.22
    14:05:31:12:26:22.6::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,T'varo Light Warbird,C[7281 Space_Romulan_Frigate],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,218.469,2184.69
    14:05:31:12:26:22.7::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7263 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-45.7521,-212.801
    14:05:31:12:26:22.7::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7263 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,Critical|Kill,4194.61,4407.42
    14:05:31:12:26:22.7::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7266 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-68.398,-318.13
    14:05:31:12:26:22.7::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7266 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,Critical|Kill,4698.4,5016.53
    14:05:31:12:26:22.8::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7269 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-498.936,-2320.63
    14:05:31:12:26:22.8::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7269 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,Critical,2645.03,4965.66
    14:05:31:12:26:22.8::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7267 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-413.081,-1921.31
    14:05:31:12:26:22.8::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7267 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,213.479,2134.79
    14:05:31:12:26:22.9::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7264 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,,2142.46,0
    14:05:31:12:26:23.1::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7269 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,Kill,1933.4,0
    14:05:31:12:26:23.1::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7267 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Shield,,-517.32,-2406.14
    14:05:31:12:26:23.1::Willard the Rat,P[4026730@4209758 Willard the Rat@virusdancer],,*,Scorpion Fighter,C[7267 Space_Romulan_Fighter],Plasma Torpedo - Spread III,Pn.Jkxjgl1,Kinetic,Critical|Kill,2109.31,4515.45

And let's see what happened this time, eh?

T'varo Light Warbird #7283 was hit by 1x torps.
    T'varo Light Warbird #7282 was hit by 1x torps.
    T'varo Light Warbird #7281 was hit by 1x torps.

And with the Scorpions...

#7263 was hit by 2x torps.
    #7264 was hit by 4x torps.
    #7265 was hit by 2x torps (second was a kill shot - critical).
    #7266 was hit by 3x torps (third was a kill shot - critical).
    #7267 was hit by 4x torps (fourth was a kill shot - critical).
    #7268 was hit by 3x torps (third was a kill shot).
    #7269 was hit by 3x torps (third was a kill shot).

#7264 died to Plasma Fire.
    #7263 did not die.

Sure, it was only two tests...but uh...those two tests are more than enough for me to say that the Omega Torp with TS3 is a complete and total cluster...er...yeah. Cryptic needs to take a look at it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    That's got me wondering if it's the torps or TS3 itself that's got an issue. Cause that last post by me, kind of matches up to some of the things I've seen and talked about with TS3 E-Bio.

Not only have there been cases of there all the spreads appeared, went across the screen, impacted the target and no damage was recorded - but there were also cases where with groups of three, two of the targets were annihilated while the third barely had the paint scratched.

edit: Something else to point out, that I didn't before because I really didn't want to think about how many things out there are possibly screwed up would be the following:

Test#1...
    Notice the T'varo were hit with multiple torps and the Scorps were hit by single torps?

Test#2...
    Notice the Scorps were hit with multiple torps and the T'varo were hit by single torps?

Yeah, in Test#1 I had a T'varo from the group targeted and in Test#2 I had a Scorp from the group targeted. So this points so some sort of "group" mechanic that's in place and affecting how at least TS3 and the Omega Torp works...I honestly don't want to go about testing it with other torps to see if the same problem exists. I don't want to uninstall right now...the Summer TV shows haven't started up yet.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am still missing on my Orion Female Racial Trait Seductive - That is the Threat Reduction and Resistance Bonus to Placate and Confuse.

Had it before Update 9 and now gone... please add it back it or acknowledge it is broken and will be worked on (one of these days).
  • Options
    tyne123tyne123 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, torpedoes and torpedo-related abilities need more buffs across the board ... NOT nerfs.

Rather than nerf torp spread on this one torp why not buff torp spread on ALL torpedoes???

100% torpedo boats used to be viable options for high burst damage and sustained DPS. With all the energy weapon buffs/power creep and torpedo nerfs there is now almost no reason to build a torpedo boat (unless you're just bored and want to mess around).

It should be a sign that torps need buffs when you look around and see most of the best builds (in terms of both high burst damage and sustained dps) are 100% energy weapon builds.

Come on, devs, it's time to give torps some love across the board.

I'm sorry if a new set piece, which was around for no more than a month makes Torpedo boats useless.

Do I see Veteran's on your tag's? And you don't think what advantage something can provide.

Torpedo boat's are meh have always been meh and will always be meh! But on the contrary some of the largest hitting weapons are Torpedo's for 250k Damage. But let's just throw our toys out the pram because a new toy broke shall we without validating your reason's than just something which isn't justified. Torpedo boats are powerful this change only effect's one type of torpedo. Somehow you'll adapt.

This is nothing like how pvp cooldown, will halt PvP and dry up PvP matches. Stagnating PvP even more. I remember in 2010 when pvp queue were fluid KDF vs KDF queues popping every minute matches lasting 1 minute. And whilst you levelled you had queues popping every minute aswell. *Watches tumbleweed for low level pvp queues* And *taps fingers waiting for end game queues*

I love pvp I've played pvp since launch to it's present state. And this is just hammering another nail in it's coffin.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    alli see when i look at virus's torp posts is the first torpedo thats not underpowered
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    [*]A new Featured Project has been made available to Fleets that have already completed their Tier 5 Starbases.
    • This project requires no other inputs than 2000 Fleet Marks.
    • It is specifically designed to supply large fleets with a steady stream of Fleet Credits in return for surplus Fleet Marks.
    • The Fleet Credits received from this project are *HALF* of what is received from all other projects.
    • This project completes in 5 minutes after all inputs are filled.

This can be looked at in two ways...

First, this allows people in large fleets to once-again earn Fleet Credits and not have to leave/rejoin their fleet once they have donated to another.

But on the flipside, this is a slap in the face for small fleets who were able to progress with outside contributions.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    [*]All repeatable PVP missions for Fed and Klg (arena and scenario) are now set to a 20 hour cooldown.

Seriously? Are you out of your minds devs? :confused::confused::confused: There is no need to do that, just eliminate the reward if you are doing a private challenge and you solved the problem. Why penalize all the regular pvp guys? Seriously, a really poor solution, mediocre...
    Re-think about this point, i'm serious...
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Virus, you are a good player if for nothing other than the merit of your mechanical knowledge. But if i'm not reading those charts wrong you just posted a 6K DPS build and tried to convince people a torpedo was overpowered. That just doesn't fly.

You also mentioned that ISE was a FAW users dream mission, but the truth is that it has a high number of unshielded targets. If there is any sort of mission that favors torpedo users it would be those with high counts of unshielded targets. Off the top of my head the only STF level missions I can think of with higher no shield target numbers are CSE and KASE. I'm not big on the whole DPS e-peen game but I haven't heard of anyone breaking the records on those maps with the undine torpedo.

Yes it is broken compared to other torpedos, but as someone else pointed out torpedo spread numbers are not set in stone, and everyone against the change has pretty much said so because they want torpedos to be closer to a competitive level with energy weapons.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    [*]Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo Launcher Mk XII:
    • Resolved an issue that was causing Torpedo Spread 2 and 3 to yield more explosions than intended.

Well, s***. Guess it's back to Fleet Quantums for me. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    cidstorm wrote: »
    Virus, you are a good player if for nothing other than the merit of your mechanical knowledge. But if i'm not reading those charts wrong you just posted a 6K DPS build and tried to convince people a torpedo was overpowered. That just doesn't fly.

I explained that, though, or thought I did. I'm a TRIBBLE player. It was a single weapon that I was using as a TRIBBLE player that dd more DPS by itself than the other four guys did with all their weapons and pets.

I explained that I didn't fly right as if I was using just the single weapon. I didn't sit there and maintain the arc so it had the most uptime - I was flying around like I had both fore and aft weapons...where I'd be firing 3-4 fore torps, turning firing 2 aft torps, and then heading back in. I just had the single torp...

Then there was the actually getting it to fire. Really wish I'd recorded it. I've got a bind that has my six torps in the order that I want to fire them along with shield distro. I just moved the torps off the slots in the tray to another row. When that started out dismal, I even put it on autofire, and there I was sitting in front of a Trans with it outlined in green doing nothing - so I ended up with a mix of hitting the bind, autofire, and even clicking it to get it to fire.

The TS3 wasn't used every 15s - combination of being out of arc, torp on CD from a normal shot that fired between the use of a HY and the TS, etc, etc, etc. And with all that goofball mess going on, it did more DPS than the last guy and almost as much as the next to last guy...by itself.

Were their DPS amazing? Nope, not in the least - that's why I cut out their names. But in an average PUG, you're looking at folks doing anywhere from 2-7k DPS. This was a botched job of fighting with a single torp where it did ~5.8k DPS. ~45% of that DPS came from the TS3.

It wasn't about the torp itself being OP...it's about the TS3 firing x7 torps instead of x4.

~43% of my attacks on that run came from the TS3. There were 356 of them compared to 48 normal and 33 HY.

Had a HY2 hit for over 90k. Had a normal hit for over 40k. Max TS3 was just over 22k. But again, it's about the number of torps...there were 356 TS3, 48 normal, and 33 HY. Even when looking at the average damage, 5.6k for the TS3, 13.8k for the normal, and almost 35k for the HY2...there were 356 TS3 vs. 48 normal vs. 33 HY. 2m damage for the TS3, 1.15m damage for the HY2, and just over 660k for the normal.

It's a case of looking at what it can do and what it could do compared to other torps.

Those additional x3 that it drops out with a Spread - each one could be an additional crit hit. Willard's a Sci without Advanced Tac Consoles and no APA3...his crits aren't going to be near what a geared Tac would be hitting.

What would Willard's DPS have been for a single Array or a single DHC...if skilled/geared for it like he is for projectiles?
    You also mentioned that ISE was a FAW users dream mission, but the truth is that it has a high number of unshielded targets. If there is any sort of mission that favors torpedo users it would be those with high counts of unshielded targets. Off the top of my head the only STF level missions I can think of with higher no shield target numbers are CSE and KASE. I'm not big on the whole DPS e-peen game but I haven't heard of anyone breaking the records on those maps with the undine torpedo.

That ISE favors FAW over other things...how many Gens can a Cannon or Torp user hit at the same time? How many can the FAW guy? While hitting the Gens, how much is the FAW guy padding against the Trans? Heading from left to right, padding on the Gate? In general with the way that targets will spread out unless there's somebody grouping them - it's just an arc thing.

If the Spheres/Cubes were clumped, if the Cube/Gens/Trans were clumped, if the Nanites were clumped, if the Tac Cube/Gate were clumped...folks would probably rip it up with CSV and TS not giving FAW a second look, no?
    Yes it is broken compared to other torpedos, but as someone else pointed out torpedo spread numbers are not set in stone, and everyone against the change has pretty much said so because they want torpedos to be closer to a competitive level with energy weapons.

But that's where I've said if it were a planned change - a change that was announced - a change that affected all torps...that would have been one thing. This was something that only affected a single torp.

As for competitive...what are folks really looking for there? They looking to do 40-60k+ DPS with a torp boat? Looking to drop an Array or DHC and not lose DPS?

They looking to be able to fly around going wheeee not really paying attention and not caring to come out about the rest of the PUG for a 5-6 minute ISE run? What are they looking for there...?

And to emphasize again, no - I'm not a good player - and no sharing of info on mechanics that I've come across on the forums or in game is going to change that. I'm average on my best days...if that.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I don't know about you, but a sci character with ONE weapon doing 6k DPS in ISE!? And that being a torpedo!? Well I sure was impressed.

Heck some of my non FAW and non escort builds are happy to get 6k DPS with all of their weapons combined...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    A fix for torps that I'd like to see, that many folks probably haven't given a first thought much less a second thought would be how HY/TS stack.

If you stack HY/TS, then the first torp you trigger will be a HY.
    If you stack TS/HY, then the first topr you trigger will be a HY...still.

It appears to be alphabetical. HY1/TS3, it's still the HY1.

So say you've got your four forward torps set to fire on a manual keybind in an order that you like. Knowing that the HY will fire first, you'll adjust the keybind so that the the first torp is the torp that you want to fire with the HY.

But then you realize, that you're normally also timing how you stack - so you're doing the TS/HY.../TS a few seconds or so later. Remember, each is a 30s buff. So even though you're triggering the HY 15s into the 30s of the TS..you've still got ~15s left on that TS. So you fire with a few seconds left on the TS...half of it goes before the TS is actually triggered, leaving you with 2.5-3.5s or so and you can hit TS again. Well, with PWO DOFFs - you could be looking at a sec or two and you could fire your happy go lucky TS torp again. But...you've set the bind so the first torp is the HY torp, meaning that when you TS - you're going to TS that HY torp instead of your TS torp.

Then you get into the normal flow of things, where that TS is going to be ready but you know it's going to be the HY torp.

So taking all of that into consideration, you change your torp bind to put the TS torp first and the HY torp second...while creating a separate second bind to fire the HY torp first when you're stacking the TS/HY because the HY will apply to the first torp fired...

Blah, blah, blah...anyway...if it were simply a case instead, that the abilities triggered in the order that you loaded them - you wouldn't have to do any of that.

But wait, that's not all! It also means that you simply can't fire a TS/HY combo - you can't drop out that TS first followed by the HY. It's always going to be the HY followed by the TS.

Which means you couldn't drop out a TS of Disrupting Photons followed by a HY E-Bio...you couldn't have that chance to get the Disruptor Breach from the Disrupting Photons before the Heavy E-Bio got there...

...and any of those other combinations you might want to do. Cause it will always be HY/TS even if you TS/HY.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They should make it work like it does for those damn Typhoons, where if you stack both HY and TS, you get a spread of high-yield torpedoes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They should make it work like it does for those damn Typhoons, where if you stack both HY and TS, you get a spread of high-yield torpedoes.
    i heard a story once where it actually used to be like that all the way back in beta...until someone wiped out an entire team of devs with a single volley in a PvP match

it changed so you couldn't stack them after that

now, i have no way of confirming that, so take it with a grain of salt
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    chevy7189chevy7189 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Has anyone found this mission? Did not automatic receive for me.

Reputations 8472 Counter-Command:

Added a mission that is automatically granted upon completing Tier 5 of this reputation that will grant a large Dilithium, Experience, Energy Credit, and Undine Mark reward.
    If the player has already reached tier 5, they will automatically receive the mission upon logging in
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    chevy7189 wrote: »
    Has anyone found this mission? Did not automatic receive for me.

Reputations 8472 Counter-Command:

Added a mission that is automatically granted upon completing Tier 5 of this reputation that will grant a large Dilithium, Experience, Energy Credit, and Undine Mark reward.
    If the player has already reached tier 5, they will automatically receive the mission upon logging in

Popped up for me as soon as I logged into tribble (it's only on tribble right now, just FYI)
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Content:
    • Rai can now be obtained as a duty officer for Romulan Borg captains in the episode “Mine Enemy”.
    • Resolved an issue which would occasionally block progression in the Klingon episode “Alpha”.
    • The Jouret System Patrol can now be completed.
    • All repeatable PVP missions for Fed and Klg (arena and scenario) are now set to a 20 hour cooldown.
    • Resolved an issue that was causing players to get stuck in the starbase during Starbase Fleet Defense.

Thank you! :) Finally we can play PvP without these premade PvP devoted players owning these missions. Now they can only play once a day. YAY! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    mattachine wrote: »
    Thank you! :) Finally we can play PvP without these premade PvP devoted players owning these missions. Now they can only play once a day. YAY! :D

I don't think you get it? I am a PvPer. I play pvp not part of the secret community but pvp in general. And I will not be pvping when this goes live. What point is there when I'm done with pvp in three matches.

Watch the people queue go less and our precious pvp die!

Also Dilithium helps Fleets and people who purchase Zen to buy Dilithium. The pvp community will not be getting enough Dilithium a Day to take part in it. Yet they will be forced to take part in PvE a lot of us detest due to a hoard of bugs.

Edit:- No pvp reward, no PvP
    I watched MMO's die out for poor decision's like this. And the only best solution, is what they did for afkers in STF's

No fighting , no reward. Take shields and armour of base shield and armour buff. Problem solved. PvP lives.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mattachine wrote: »

we still can play allday to pwn u :P.... seriously: go single/duo-q if ya not into premades (a choice peeps like me not had when started to pew)! or go private if ya not into premades... or simply (sig of baudl): go pro or go home :P

/rant off
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    wast33 wrote: »
    we still can play allday to pwn u :P.... seriously: go single/duo-q if ya not into premades (a choice peeps like me not had when started to pew)! or go private if ya not into premades... or simply (sig of baudl): go pro or go home :P

/rant off

Are you not also part of the problem with pvp queues if your going private?

Edit:-
    At launch as I said in a previous message, there were queues for pvp below 50. They took away the benfit of XP and the queues died out.

So when they take away the Dilithium reward for repeated play. The queues will die out. Pvpers need Dilithium! They even need Skill Points less quests less Dilithium and Skill points. Forcing PvPers to donate to their fleets in other ways!.

Why punish PvPers for something they see as an exploit, the solution is there. I've said it for years in mails. Before joining the new Forums. I've now posted it in this thread for all to see! So take the solution and stop hurting PVP.
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    wast33 wrote: »

/rant off
    tyne123 wrote: »
    I don't think you get it? I am a PvPer. I play pvp not part of the secret community but pvp in general. And I will not be pvping when this goes live. What point is there when I'm done with pvp in three matches.

Watch the people queue go less and our precious pvp die!

Also Dilithium helps Fleets and people who purchase Zen to buy Dilithium. The pvp community will not be getting enough Dilithium a Day to take part in it. Yet they will be forced to take part in PvE a lot of us detest due to a hoard of bugs.

Edit:- No pvp reward, no PvP
    I watched MMO's die out for poor decision's like this. And the only best solution, is what they did for afkers in STF's

No fighting , no reward. Take shields and armour of base shield and armour buff. Problem solved. PvP lives.

Ever heard of sarcasm? Of course I don't want Cryptic to ruin the PvP even more then they already have with all the neglect they shown over the years for this part of the game. They should be a shamed of themselves. I wrote it that way to make them aware on what they are in fact doing with this change.