What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What other countries play STO?

Comments

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I see a lot of Italian and Turkish players around. Especially the Turkish, I can't seem to stop running into them. That's not a bad thing though, they seem nice.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    Aside from the usual players in USA, Canada, and Germany, where else is STO played out in the world? Sound off what country you are from.

from what i have seen, we can easily include the entirety of the americas, europe, australia/NZ, turkey as having players, beyond that your guess is as good as mine.
  • Options
    jjumetleyjjumetley Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    I've definitely seen Polish, Slovak and Czech named fleets. I'd assume at least some of their members come from those countries.
    Poland here. I can name at least 10 Polish fleets. Small to medium size. Most of them have an English-sounding name though :P
  • Options
    lexxie1983lexxie1983 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Netherlands
    n8eym7c.jpg

click for bigger image
  • Options
    ektalion22ektalion22 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Russian Empire))
  • Options
    chaosshrineinnchaosshrineinn Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I play from Mexico though I am British by origin. I also recently met someone in the fleet who is Hungarian.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sophus84at wrote: »
    Austria /
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    baudl wrote: »
    Australia?

No... Thats an entirely different continent.

Austria: http://www.freeworldmaps.net/europe/austria/location.gif

Austrailia: http://www.freeworldmaps.net/australia/location.gif

Not exactly sure how you can confuse the two..? :confused::confused:

Edit: Funny how you edited that post after I put in this message... You seemed seriously confused before.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    rock3tmanrock3tman Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    South Africa here.

Oh and I have never met anybody from my country in-game.

Fun Fact: In November of 2552, most of Africa is Glassed by UNSC forces to prevent a Flood outbreak. <----Possibly the best thing that ever happened to my continent :D
    1FHdQdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    rock3tman wrote: »
    Fun Fact: In November of 2552, most of Africa is Glassed by UNSC forces to prevent a Flood outbreak. <----Possibly the best thing that ever happened to my continent :D

?????????? this is quite the stupid post.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    phoenicius wrote: »
    ?????????? this is quite the stupid post.

You mean the mass murder of millions? Whats wrong with that??

On a serious note though, nobody would miss Africa and THAT dear sir is a truth in its purest form ;)
    1FHdQdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You mean the mass murder of millions? Whats wrong with that??

On a serious note though, nobody would miss Africa and THAT dear sir is a truth in its purest form ;)

am i in stormfront? maybe /pol/ or something? cause its stupidity on the same level.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    am i in stormfront? maybe /pol/ or something? cause its stupidity on the same level.

Its a "fun fact", like something for general knowledge.
    1FHdQdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Its a "fun fact", like something for general knowledge.

you have quite the interesting definition of fun.
  • Options
    ayreon76#1360 ayreon76 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Am from the Nederlands :)

as far i no a lot of germans play this game
    even more then from the US
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    you have quite the interesting definition of fun.

Thank you, I really appreciate that ;)
    1FHdQdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thank you, I really appreciate that ;)

you welcome, now go back to /pol/
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    you welcome, now to back to /pol/

What is that "/pol/" thingy??
    1FHdQdl.jpg
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Australia?

just joking!!
    But it says alot about a country and its inhabitants when they need to mention a whole list of persons and products from said country to identify it and not give others a chance to mistake it with another country/continent.

but in all fairness, when you list all your countries most noteable exports you shouldn't forget: Johann Strauss (the waltz), Mozart, Sissi, Hitler, Sigi Freud, Christoph Waltz, nikki lauda...

ah, and i think ITALY wasn't mentioned before...you know, boot shape, pizza, Rome, spaghetti/pasta, mafia, ...

PS: fun fact, they also use the steyr AUG in australia

I was not in need to mention this, but we are a small country , get hammered by the EU but are proud of our exports, industry, musicians, food,..

But you could have left Hitler out of the list. :mad:

And yes, there are quite a lot of people who mix up Australia with Austria.
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Portugal :)
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was not in need to mention this, but we are a small country , get hammered by the EU but are proud of our exports, industry, musicians, food,..

But you could have left Hitler out of the list. :mad:

And yes, there are quite a lot of people who mix up Australia with Austria.

yes, i could have left out hitler, but only mentioning the good things and ignoring the bad things is bad karma.

i mean south africa for instance is best known for nelson mandela, but also for appartheit...and die antwoord :D

i found that many austrians tend to add the achievements, famous people, inventions...to their answer, when asked where they are from. As if they already anticipate the person to not know where or what austria is. This seems to be a trademark of austrians, since i never heard a swiss, slowenian,... or a person from some other small country do that in the automated fashion that austrians do. Also your comment about the EU "hammering" austria fits into that stereotype perfectly. The typical austrian feels treated unfairly and unappreciated by the rest of the world.
    It borders to the impulsive compensational behavior of a national inferiority complex to some degree, almost.
    As if it wasn't sufficent to simply say: austria.
    This has nothing to do with your post btw, i just happen to know a lot of austrians, and when asked, where they are from, they automaticaly add 1-2 world famous austrians. Mostly Schwarzenegger.
    Fun story...i went to Tunisia with an austrian friend a while back and when we met other tourists we talked about where we were from. I said italy...my friend said austria, which the other people didn't quite understand. But when he mentioned he was from the same country as arnold schwarzenegger, they understood.

PS: another thing(s) austria is known for around the world: white horses
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well, at least you don't have to contradict people by saying you are NOT a province of Spain...

:P
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    yes, i could have left out hitler, but only mentioning the good things and ignoring the bad things is bad karma.

i mean south africa for instance is best known for nelson mandela, but also for appartheit...and die antwoord :D

i found that many austrians tend to add the achievements, famous people, inventions...to their answer, when asked where they are from. As if they already anticipate the person to not know where or what austria is. This seems to be a trademark of austrians, since i never heard a swiss, slowenian,... or a person from some other small country do that in the automated fashion that austrians do. Also your comment about the EU "hammering" austria fits into that stereotype perfectly. The typical austrian feels treated unfairly and unappreciated by the rest of the world.
    It borders to the impulsive compensational behavior of a national inferiority complex to some degree, almost.
    As if it wasn't sufficent to simply say: austria.
    This has nothing to do with your post btw, i just happen to know a lot of austrians, and when asked, where they are from, they automaticaly add 1-2 world famous austrians. Mostly Schwarzenegger.
    Fun story...i went to Tunisia with an austrian friend a while back and when we met other tourists we talked about where we were from. I said italy...my friend said austria, which the other people didn't quite understand. But when he mentioned he was from the same country as arnold schwarzenegger, they understood.

PS: another thing(s) austria is known for around the world: white horses

But as soon as you re told you aren't allowed to grow certain crops, vegetables, fruits anymore, or have to re-name food, have to accept a new currency that makes goods 50-120% more expensive than before you surely get pissed.

I am by far not a patriotic guy, I would love to live in another country, but I am always happy when people from around the world know our little country or something good coming out from it and do not ask where the Kangaroos are...
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Malaysia/Singapore here. Not many Asians replied yet, I see.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, at least you don't have to contradict people by saying you are NOT a province of Spain...

:P
    you mean the independence of catalonia from spain? as i recall the 9th nov 2014 is when it will be called and the spanish government is dragging its heels through the dirt about it as catalonia is one of the more important parts of spain. so for now catalonia is still spain.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    you mean the independence of catalonia from spain? as i recall the 9th nov 2014 is when it will be called and the spanish government is dragging its heels through the dirt about it as catalonia is one of the more important parts of spain. so for now catalonia is still spain.

No, I mean Portugal!!!!! LOL
    Yes, Catalu
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    thats narrow view of ignorance.

WTF are you talking about? If you have played STO long enough, you notice a lot of announcements about this player or that getting a new ship from their lockbox, announced in their native language. I've heard such announcements in Enlgish, German, and even in French a few times.

I was just curious in knowing what other countries this game is being enjoyed in. If you want to call me narrow or ignorant, then you don't know me at all.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    I've definitely seen Polish, Slovak and Czech named fleets. I'd assume at least some of their members come from those countries.
    Confirming.

I am from the Czech Republic. :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I know of two folks from Israel (well technically 3 , but the 3rd is a foreign student from the States).

Plus from my very limited understanding of Arabic , I think that there are a few players out there from some Arab states as well , but I have no idea from where .
    (at least that's what I gathered from some of the ship names out there)
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Finland
    logged in from UAE and Norway.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]