test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So it's official, swimsuits can't be used anywhere but Risa.

Comments

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Keep in mind, that by restricting them exclusively to ONE map, it pretty much forces people to waste a whole outfit slot for that one map if they want to wear them.
    And thats a pretty big deal.

Considering they just recently made any outfit changes at the tailor completely free, it's not that big of a deal at all.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Considering they just recently made any outfit changes at the tailor completely free, it's not that big of a deal at all.

True, but the cost was pretty inconsequential anyway. I mean, what was 2k ec for a costume change? Virtually nothing. If it was say 30 or 40k per change, then yes I'd agree with you.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Because that's canon attire for Orions. Starfleet personnel don't spend their days walking about on duty in their underwear, do they? This is a no brainer.

No amount of crying, whining, pining or foot stomping is going to change it.

I am sorry to disagree (you are entitled to your opinion, obviously) but to me that makes no sense. It's canon for Orions because as far as I can remember everytime you see an Orion he/she is introduced in a very specific scenario. I don't believe we have ever seen an Orion presented as a member of a military or militaristic organization. To me a member of the KDF, even an Orion would not go about in swimwear. The thing is, the game let's you! And that's all that matters to me. I don't think I'll use the swimwear option in any of my characters, just the same as my female Orion uses armor and not a swimsuit. But that's me, my choice. I believe other people should have their choice as well. What I don't understand is why one thing is viewd as ok and the other one isn't.

Also, Ferengi women wear no clothes, can you do that in game? It's canon, after all, isn't it?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I am sorry to disagree (you are entitled to your opinion, obviously) but to me that makes no sense. It's canon for Orions because as far as I can remember everytime you see an Orion he/she is introduced in a very specific scenario. I don't believe we have ever seen an Orion presented as a member of a military or militaristic organization. To me a member of the KDF, even an Orion would not go about in swimwear. The thing is, the game let's you! And that's all that matters to me. I don't think I'll use the swimwear option in any of my characters, just the same as my female Orion uses armor and not a swimsuit. But that's me, my choice. I believe other people should have their choice as well. What I don't understand is why one thing is viewd as ok and the other one isn't.

Also, Ferengi women wear no clothes, can you do that in game? It's canon, after all, isn't it?

Does it really matter? It's a question of personal choice. So you don't like it, good for you but that doesn't mean that someone else shouldn't use that stuff if they want to.

If it really were a uniform code, then we wouldn't have all these outfits lol.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Does it really matter? It's a question of personal choice. So you don't like it, good for you but that doesn't mean that someone else shouldn't use that stuff if they want to.

If it really were a uniform code, then we wouldn't have all these outfits lol.

I believe that is exactly what I said!

I won't use it, but I don't see why other's shouldn't be able to.

:)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I believe that is exactly what I said!

I won't use it, but I don't see why other's shouldn't be able to.

:)

Derp. Lack of sleep and coffee makes me a bad reader.

Regarding the ferengi female thing, cryptic just explained it away in their lore that Nagus rom made it legal for them to do so.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    its simple really, just restrict it for feds. Kdf dont really care what they wear
    jFriX.png
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Nor did they wear mercenary outfits, various Rep system body armors etc. Still isn't going to change anything to allow swimwear outside of Risa.

Way to contradict yourself.
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    shpoks wrote: »

Which really does not change anything.
    Unless you want to waste an entire slot for a single map you would still need to run to a tailor every single time to swap things around.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Which really does not change anything.
    Unless you want to waste an entire slot for a single map you would still need to run to a tailor every single time to swap things around.

Considering the beam down Point for the Resort currently puts you down Right next to Tailor access point, And you have the option to beam back to the resort anywhere on the map, its not exactly a long winded trip to the tailor is it
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Anyone ever thought about how they could restrict it?

I cant imagine a way of restricting a costume right now.

The only possibility that pops into my mind is to create the swimsuit as kind of body armor you equip to your character and will have visuals turned on and probably only equipable on Risa...

Just a thought...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited June 2014

The only possibility that pops into my mind is to create the swimsuit as kind of body armor you equip to your character and will have visuals turned on and probably only equipable on Risa...

Just a thought...
    new coding most likely
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Just a thought...

Rough guess. Swimsuits are their own outfit type. You wear that outfit type on any other map and the game will put you in your first outfit slot
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Rough guess. Swimsuits are their own outfit type. You wear that outfit type on any other map and the game will put you in your first outfit slot

You're probably right. Seems like a lot of work for something so useless.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited June 2014

With the way KDF costume slots broke, I really hope this new code doesn't cause more problems.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • Options
    fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I really don't want to see people in bathing suits roaming around Starfleet Academy or Spacedock, however, given that on the Klingon side they have bathing suit-like clothing options, maybe they could allow it for the KDF side of the game. This might also increase activity in the Klingon community.
    image.php?name=Sabio&ship=Renaissance&fleet=10th+MACO+Cavalry+Regiment&txtcol=EDE979&fac=fed&spezies=Human&klasse=Starfleet+Tactical+Officer&rank=vadm&image=01
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't mind if they are Risa usable only as long as the price is in line with their limited usage. And 2000 is too much. Should be more like 200.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    fliporican wrote: »
    I really don't want to see people in bathing suits roaming around Starfleet Academy or Spacedock, however, given that on the Klingon side they have bathing suit-like clothing options, maybe they could allow it for the KDF side of the game. This might also increase activity in the Klingon community.

I can see some merit in this? For Orions at least.... That won't solve anything though.
    I don't mind if they are Risa usable only as long as the price is in line with their limited usage. And 2000 is too much. Should be more like 200.

It won't be.
  • Options
    madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wanted to be able to color the wetsuit black and wear it with boots and other stuff, so it looked kinda like a SEAL/N7 Fury look in combat but **** it. I'm not doing this event if I can't color it black or combine it with boots and some of the chest and waist straps, but mostly can't use it anywhere but on this planet. It's pointless then. Oh well, Marvel Heroes 2015 just released so I'll play that for now. Between this and the traits this game is becoming something I barely log in to play lately.
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just less junk for me to farm.

I have no need of costumes I can only use in one zone.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Soo happy it can only be used on Risa! ^^
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    Just less junk for me to farm.

I have no need of costumes I can only use in one zone.

I guess that's the only upside here. :(
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I can see why they don't let it be worn at ESD, but why not in the foundry?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    I can see why they don't let it be worn at ESD, but why not in the foundry?

this and to add single player missions like FE and story line mission and if it ment me using my swimsuit i go blow the foundry wide open and this coming from one who has never cared for it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How many of the people objecting to swimwear use off of Risa also have female toons with the chest slider cranked to the ****ing max?

J/W because seeing ten thousand clones of Valeria Lukyanova running around is, IMO, much more "immersion-breaking" than a bikini. Not that there is anything close to immersion in this game outside of the Foundry.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lets not give up did the ones who got stfs nerfed give up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    schnirselschnirsel Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My new female Trill on the KDF side is able to wear hear swimsuit anywhere. Didn't do anything special for it, but I think I know what is causing this.

There is a tailor bug, that makes costumes go "invalid", mostly if it's costumes that use either Formal wear, Off-Duty, KHG costumes or swimsuits. If you want to change these costumes the game switches back to Uniforms. If you want to rename this costume, a message appears that says: This outfit uses wrong parts. Or something like that.
    I think that's the reason why some ppl (like me) are able to use swimsuits outside of Risa.
    If a swimsuit get's bugged it's maybe no longer registered as swimsuit inside the game.

Was pretty fun though to run a KAGE with fleeties yesterday while wearing only a Monokini. :P
    6pvmjHk.gif
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    schnirsel wrote: »
    My new female Trill on the KDF side is able to wear hear swimsuit anywhere. Didn't do anything special for it, but I think I know what is causing this.

There is a tailor bug, that makes costumes go "invalid", mostly if it's costumes that use either Formal wear, Off-Duty, KHG costumes or swimsuits. If you want to change these costumes the game switches back to Uniforms. If you want to rename this costume, a message appears that says: This outfit uses wrong parts. Or something like that.
    I think that's the reason why some ppl (like me) are able to use swimsuits outside of Risa.
    If a swimsuit get's bugged it's maybe no longer registered as swimsuit inside the game.

Was pretty fun though to run a KAGE with fleeties yesterday while wearing only a Monokini. :P

To illustrate this with a picture: See the difference? I didn't do anything to make that happen, either. Just happens to certain costume slots for certain characters.