test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So it's official, swimsuits can't be used anywhere but Risa.

centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
tumblr_lpu0ispQio1qfr1m4o1_500.png

Yay.
Post edited by centersolace on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This was pretty much known since the leaks.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, because its not duty wear and your characters are Officer's with a uniform code ( all be it a VERY Loose one) , Now we can all move on its become official
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Probably a good thing they're Risa-restricted; The thought of someone traipsing around Andoria or Rura Penthe in a swimsuit is... amusing. Oh, don't give me that look - we all know that someone would do it.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Probably a good thing they're Risa-restricted; The thought of someone traipsing around Andoria or Rura Penthe in a swimsuit is... amusing. Oh, don't give me that look - we all know that someone would do it.
    Of course, can't have "amusing" in this game, gotta be all serious grind all the time. :mad:

I never go to Andoria or Rura Pethe (don't even know where the latter is), but I would totally wear one to Winter Wonderland. I wore a winter coat to Risa last year and plan to repeat that, too.

If they don't want people to wear swimsuits, they shouldn't put them in at all. There are too many stupid restrictions in outfit customization already.

This game is just no fun anymore. :(
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Still crossing my fingers that they can be used aboard Risian ships too, or at least in what looks to be a Risian habitat deck on the cruiser.
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Too bad... all this wallposts written down in another thread why swimsuits should be allowed elsewere... all for nothing :P

It was set in stone before we even knew the sutis were coming, and as I said in the mentioned thread, even if its not, it was completly worthless to argue or discuss options and why it should and why not...

Cryptic either does how they want it to be. Always.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Even when people were asking for swimsuits before the end of the last summer event there was mentions from the devs that they'd probably have to be restricted, nothing new there.

I am hoping that we might get body textures for different species with this though, which with any luck will carry over to our other uniform slots, but that was speculation as to whether it would happen or not for this event so we'll just have to wait and see.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Either something should be FULLY in the game, or NOT AT ALL! Just makes me want to boycott the whole deal with Risa, toss last years parrots into the grinder and forget it. This kind of half-in-half out system with a legitimate type of fashion is of ridiculous selective censorship that is practically unheard of in any MMO. This is also a waste of dev resources too.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Here we go again :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Indeed.

Okay, so we won't be able to run around our ships/ESD/Andoria etc etc in swimwear. Hardly game breaking, is it.
    :rolleyes:

It would hardly be game breaking if people were allowed to do so, mind you.

Meh, if it's set in stone then that's that. I think it's ****ty and completely unnecessary, but it's no good crying over spilled milk.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    It would hardly be game breaking if people were allowed to do so, mind you.

Meh, if it's set in stone then that's that. I think it's ****ty and completely unnecessary, but it's no good crying over spilled milk.

ESD and other social zones looking like a Playboy Mansion is indeed hardly gamebreaking. Because that is what would be happening. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Just add some tech into to make them freeze to death. :P :D
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Was that ever unofficial?
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I play a Star Trek game. Since my eyes are already being assaulted by garishly-colored uniforms and Federation Captains flying non-Federation ships, then I'm okay with this on a personal level.

At the same time, I *am* for allowing players to do what they want ... because it's their game to play.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I wouldn't have a problem with them restricting them to Risa except for the fact that the Mirror outfits and Lobi store Ferengi "vests" are wearable everywhere and are likely just as revealing (I haven't actually seen the Risa swimsuits yet). And of course there's all those Orions.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, I remember figuring out that the world doesn't revolve around me, too
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It would be nice to have environments that were "casual wear" available, bars/clubs and such.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    seannewboy wrote: »
    It would be nice to have environments that were "casual wear" available, bars/clubs and such.

I'd be totally for that, Foundry Maps would also have to be included in that though
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Okay, so we won't be able to run around our ships/ESD/Andoria etc etc in swimwear. Hardly game breaking, is it.
    :rolleyes:

Knowing STO, it just might break the game. I wonder how the restriction will actually work. (My guess: it won't.)

Also, if they are going to restrict swimwear to swimming places, it would make sense to actually be able to, you know, SWIM. I can go to SFA and wade in deeper water - but no swimsuits there, apparently.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    IT'S OFFICIAL: This is now a dead horse!!!

:P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    warpangel wrote: »
    Of course, can't have "amusing" in this game, gotta be all serious grind all the time. :mad:

I never go to Andoria or Rura Pethe (don't even know where the latter is), but I would totally wear one to Winter Wonderland. I wore a winter coat to Risa last year and plan to repeat that, too.

If they don't want people to wear swimsuits, they shouldn't put them in at all. There are too many stupid restrictions in outfit customization already.

This game is just no fun anymore. :(

...If someone wants to wear a winter coat, formal suit and tie, etc. to Risa, that's just their silliness. If someone wanted to wear a swimsuit or something to Q's Winter Wonderland, they should be able to as well, but I don't think it's worth the time to make that a possibility. However, I fail to see how not being able to wear a suit and tie in a warzone makes the game 'no fun.' If you need to draw your fun from running around in a ridiculous outfit while shooting Klingons and whatnot, then that's probably because the game doesn't have anything interesting to offer as far as gameplay - which is, in fact, arguably true, but that's a discussion for another topic. Though it wouldn't be bad to be able to wear certain currently 'off-duty' shirts, jackets, etc. while on duty, you shouldn't be able to run around killing Voth in the Dyson Sphere in a bikini or tuxedo. If you are, then you should get in-combat nerfs on most of your stats, such as HP, movement speed, accuracy of shooting, and maybe even higher recieved damage from plasma and fire (and a longer burn time).

...But if you're going that far, you might as well just stick to some semblance of Starfleet regulation and not let people wear that kind of stuff, right?

Oh wait, that's what we already have.
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I motion that Cryptic restrict "formal wear" and "off-duty" outfits to ship interiors and civilian social zones like DS9. :rolleyes:

Seriously, running around fighting borg in a bikini is no more absurd and ridiculous than doing it in high heels and a party dress.
    Neither are regulation uniforms, and neither are suitable combat wear.
  • Options
    theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seriously, running around fighting borg in a bikini is no more absurd and ridiculous than doing it in high heels and a party dress.
    Neither are regulation uniforms, and neither are suitable combat wear.

Most of the actual uniforms aren't suitable combat wear, either. At least, if protection is what matters, the only thing that makes sense are the full-body armors, presumably made out of the same stuff the cargo barrels are made from. Even the "armor" uniforms of the Klingons or Cardassians provide no protection against fists or knives, let alone energy weapons.

And a Uniform isn't a Uniform if it isn't uniform. That's the point - to establish some uniform standard of dress that applies to everyone. STO has NEVER had this, so don't even start with that argument.
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Most of the actual uniforms aren't suitable combat wear, either. At least, if protection is what matters, the only thing that makes sense are the full-body armors, presumably made out of the same stuff the cargo barrels are made from. Even the "armor" uniforms of the Klingons or Cardassians provide no protection against fists or knives, let alone energy weapons.

And a Uniform isn't a Uniform if it isn't uniform. That's the point - to establish some uniform standard of dress that applies to everyone. STO has NEVER had this, so don't even start with that argument.

I was being sarcastic. :P

My point is that there are no valid arguments against have no restrictions on swimsuits, in light of what we already have in the game.

Too much skin? Mirror Universe outfits & Orion bikini's.
    Not appropriate duty/combat wear? Formal Outfits and other off-duty costumes.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I tend to agree with this decision, but I'd be lying if I said I cared very much either way.

I get to wear swimwear somewhere and all it costs me is lolnut farming. If money were involved I'd be irate, but it's not, so it's whatever.

So chill, bro. Put on your shades, get your sexy first officer to rub on your sunscreen, and take a siesta.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was being sarcastic. :P

My point is that there are no valid arguments against have no restrictions on swimsuits, in light of what we already have in the game.

Too much skin? Mirror Universe outfits & Orion bikini's.
    Not appropriate duty/combat wear? Formal Outfits and other off-duty costumes.

There are no real valid arguments for allowing it either. Just because there is some silliness already like formal outfits or orion bikinis in combat does not mean they have to allow more.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited May 2014
    I feel this has a bit to do with image.
    Take a law firm for example, now dress them in all bikinis and thongs. Would you hire them?
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Who cares? It's a video game.