Install Arc
Options

You're In His World Now

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    *On the Dawn's Light, Triglax comforts Sarabi*

Triglax: Don't be sad, Sarabi... at least your brother was noble. He looked out for you to the very end.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    *On the Dawn's Light, Triglax comforts Sarabi*

Triglax: Don't be sad, Sarabi... at least your brother was noble. He looked out for you to the very end.

*M'Sarabi had tears in her eyes*

M'Sarabi: "Voporak vowed to Taka that if he ever found Kovu or me, he would make us suffer to get back at Taka for all his resistance..He would not kill Kovu instantly. I cannot even imagine what he is doing to my brother right now."
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    *M'Sarabi had tears in her eyes*

M'Sarabi: "Voporak vowed to Taka that if he ever found Kovu or me, he would make us suffer to get back at Taka for all his resistance..He would not kill Kovu instantly. I cannot even imagine what he is doing to my brother right now."

Indeed... Voporak is evil. It saddens me greatly though, because I know why. You see, our father's brother was stationed on Voyager when it got lost in the Delta Quadrant. During the journey, he said he had a dream in which he saw the ship battered and beaten by a species called the Krenim. In it - he actually described it more as a vision - he claims to have seen a Starfleet Admiral watching it all, as if that person was simply omnipresent in the background, always observing.

He said that the mysterious figure only said "My mind has been opened to the greater extent of the universe." Coincidentally, when Voporak was 18, I one day noticed him poring over everything related to temporal mechanics for no apparent reason. I asked him why, and he said "My mind has been opened to the greater extent of the universe."

There was that day being transported by shuttle to a research facility, meaning the craft passed right over our home, a mysterious chroniton torpedo found in deep space. No one every knew why, but the shuttle exploded directly above our home because the torpedo decided to arm and detonate. Don't ask me how it happened. All I know is, he became able to comprehend the expanse of time that day.

The major problem though was that... I- I could tell there was something about him no one else looked close enough to realize. His incomprehensible chatter about the possibilities of time travel without mentioning any consequences confirmed it to me.

Voporak was a sociopath.

I should've told Starfleet before they accepted him, or graduated him, or gave him a command, or promoted him to Admiral. But I didn't, and it was too late...

*Triglax sniffles*

The only tiniest consolation I have is that he won't kill me - at least somewhere deep down, he cares. I wish I could say that my brother was murdered by the thing that he is now, but thanks to that little bit of feeling, I know that it is still him and that is who he is.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OOC: Dunno what this is but it looks cool.

OOC: Yeah unfortunately unless you accidently stumble upon an unknown station the mystery man probably won't enter the fray so to speak for a bit. Mostly as he has to get out on his own.

*As we return to our mystery man we find him thinking on his situation as the door suddenly screeches with the sound of metal grinding against metal. As soon as the door is open ??? Steps into the hallway and notices that it looks like something heavy impacted the door.*

???: Well that explains the screech. Now what could have done this?

*As he turns back to the hallway he notices 2 things: first, that there were scorch marks on much of the metal as if someone was in a very dangerous firefight and was constantly losing ground, and second, that the hallway seemed to be a modified version of a habitat ring such as seen on older cardassian stations.*

???: Now if I remember correctly there should be a junction near here that I can follow to the central area then I can get to operations and find out exactly where I am.

*As he heads towards operations he notices more scorch marks but far less than the hallway he was in originally. He also hears a strange sound off in the distance but he can't put his finger on what it could be.*

OOC: Well actually I guess it won't take that long for him to join events. I see this as one of those things where there's the primary guys and then occasionally it cuts over to another place that's significance can't be told at the present.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Indeed... Voporak is evil. It saddens me greatly though, because I know why. You see, our father's brother was stationed on Voyager when it got lost in the Delta Quadrant. During the journey, he said he had a dream in which he saw the ship battered and beaten by a species called the Krenim. In it - he actually described it more as a vision - he claims to have seen a Starfleet Admiral watching it all, as if that person was simply omnipresent in the background, always observing.

He said that the mysterious figure only said "My mind has been opened to the greater extent of the universe." Coincidentally, when Voporak was 18, I one day noticed him poring over everything related to temporal mechanics for no apparent reason. I asked him why, and he said "My mind has been opened to the greater extent of the universe."

There was that day being transported by shuttle to a research facility, meaning the craft passed right over our home, a mysterious chroniton torpedo found in deep space. No one every knew why, but the shuttle exploded directly above our home because the torpedo decided to arm and detonate. Don't ask me how it happened. All I know is, he became able to comprehend the expanse of time that day.

The major problem though was that... I- I could tell there was something about him no one else looked close enough to realize. His incomprehensible chatter about the possibilities of time travel without mentioning any consequences confirmed it to me.

Voporak was a sociopath.

I should've told Starfleet before they accepted him, or graduated him, or gave him a command, or promoted him to Admiral. But I didn't, and it was too late...

*Triglax sniffles*

The only tiniest consolation I have is that he won't kill me - at least somewhere deep down, he cares. I wish I could say that my brother was murdered by the thing that he is now, but thanks to that little bit of feeling, I know that it is still him and that is who he is.

*M'Sarabi wiped the tears from her eyes with her paw.*

"I just wish I knew where he was."
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    *M'Sarabi wiped the tears from her eyes with her paw.*

"I just wish I knew where he was."

There's no way to know. He can't be traced, can't be followed, can't be hurt. But I promise you, we'll find him someday. For right now we need to get somewhere safe. Computer, set course to Treasure Trading Station, warp 7.

*The Dawn's Light jumps back to warp*
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    *Meanwhile, Kovu was beginning to awaken*
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    *Meanwhile, Kovu was beginning to awaken*

*Kovu can hear voices*

...Ah good, he's waking up. All his monitors show that he is fine.

...Kovu can you hear me?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    *Kovu can hear voices*

...Ah good, he's waking up. All his monitors show that he is fine.

...Kovu can you hear me?

*Kovu's vision was still blurry*

"Where...what is going on.."
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    *Kovu's vision was still blurry*

"Where...what is going on.."

*The epohh tries to hide itself in a corner, squealing at Kovu*

Voporak: I took the liberty of removing a mirror from your home just for you, it says it was a birthday gift from Taka. Have a look for yourself.

*He hold the mirror up to Kovu*
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    *Kovu held up the mirror and saw not his far, but that of an Elachi's. He dropped it and it shattered on the floor*

*He feel to his knees*

"No...."
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    *Kovu held up the mirror and saw not his far, but that of an Elachi's. He dropped it and it shattered on the floor*

*He feel to his knees*

"No...."

*Voporak leans back in his chair, holding a PADD*

Voporak: I found this note there that you kept, it was from Taka. "Dear Kovu, I decided to get this rather odd gift for you because you can always look in it and be reminded that you are you, a special individual - and nothing can change that." Quite touching, isn't it? I thought so. Oh, be careful how aggressively you move, you might scare that poor little epohh.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    *kovu looked down and saw everything was Elach, his hands, his legs, everything.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    *kovu looked down and saw everything was Elach, his hands, his legs, everything.

Now you see the truth, dear Kovu, you unique and special snowflake.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Now you see the truth, dear Kovu, you unique and special snowflake.

"Change me back now!"
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    "Change me back now!"

Why would I do that? And if I did, who would I return you to? You have nothing left, Kovu. Not even yourself.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Why would I do that? And if I did, who would I return you to? You have nothing left, Kovu. Not even yourself.

'I could easily find somewhere to go much better than being your prisoner.."
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    'I could easily find somewhere to go much better than being your prisoner.."

With a face like that? Look at that little bunny, even he is afraid of you.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    With a face like that? Look at that little bunny, even he is afraid of you.

*Kovu pounced against the forcefield, feeling an anger had never experienced before*

"You deserve the most painful torture imaginable!"
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    *Kovu pounced against the forcefield, feeling an anger had never experienced before*

"You deserve the most painful torture imaginable!"

Sorry but that's already taken, you're using it right now.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    *Kovu was feeling weak again from the liquid's side effects*

*He passed out once more*
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    *Kovu was feeling weak again from the liquid's side effects*

*He passed out once more*

Take care of him.

*Atrat moves Kovu to an operation table, where he begins adding Elachi cybernetic implants. Voporak places a little photo of Taka, Sarabi, and Kovu on a desk next to the table for when Kovu wakes up.*
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    *When Kovu awakened, he found himself strapped to an operation table. His head was hurting and he felt as if he was beginning to forget past memories*
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    *As our mystery man reaches operations he notices that most of the computers are damaged and the transporter is mostly intact. There are some signs of energy weapons fire but it mostly appears directed at the consoles as if somebody didn't want them to be usable but didn't have time to properly clear the databases.*

???: Why would someone do this?

*As he searches the room he finds a console that appears to be in working order. Upon further investigation most of its databases has successfully been wiped but some personal logs and an unknown file are intact.*

???: Maybe these will give me a better understanding of what happened here.

*As he initiates the logs they are damage as to where who or when they were made can't be told from them.*

Stardate @#&$: Voporak had us start experimenting on the chronotized test subjects. We've been testing various nanites and implants on them but none seem to be taking. We can't afford to fail so I hope some progress can be made.

Stardate &$*@#: Its growing difficult to hide our experiments from the residents on the station but we haven't had an incident yet. Our modified implants and nanites seem to be too much for the subjects. All of them are showing signs of dementia. However the improvements to their processing capabilities and their physical strength have been succesfull.

Stardate #%$&: Voporak sent us 2 new subjects today but thanks to the incompetence of the man delivering them we were almost discovered. These subjects are unique in that their chroniton exposure occurred while they were in the womb which gives us cause to believe they may take to the experiment better.

Stardate **#&#: After adding the implants to our new subjects we wiped their memories to help prevent insanity. Subject one soon developed schizophrenia and has been determined a lost cause. Subject 2 has remained stable and has been classified as our only success. Subject one grew obsessed with the word Karn we suspect the name has some significance to him, perhaps a close friends name or his brother's name.

Stardate #&$*\: Despite our one success Voporak has ordered the project liquidated. We are to eliminate all subjects and leave the station preferably without letting the residents know what we were up to during our stay. Voporak has told us that we are to be reassigned to one of the elachi projects. I had hoped to stay way from those as I find them disturbing.

Final log: The liquidation has gone south. All of the failed subjects have broken free and are attacking everything in sight. I programmed Subject 2 "Karn"'s room to keep him sedated until the computer determines its safe again. We are to transport to the ship waiting for us but first I must destroy all evidence of us being here. I'll leave these logs and the final experiment for Karn should he survive this. We must go now the subjects are closing in on us. I tried to get a warning out to a docked ship but it was taken over by the subjects. Where they'll go who knows but god help anyone they come across.

Karn: Well that explains a lot. Now lets see about this file.

*As Karn attempts to access the file he feels a shap pain in his head as his implant has a file uploaded to it. A brief summary of it flashes across his eyes telling him that its a combat enhancement program designed to improve his sight, reflexes, and computer interaction.*

Karn: Damn that hurt but I guess this can be useful. Now lets see if there's anything on the scanners to tell me where I am.

*Karn finds the scanners to be fairly damaged but still in somewhat working order.*
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OOC: making a Han Solo-Boba Fett kind of character. Smuggling and Bounty hunting.

Unknown space station

Customer 9: hey you, I don't like you
    Jenka: sorry I bothered you
    Customer 9: Back when society still existed, I had the death sentence on 12 systems.
    Jenka: right.....I'll leave then
    Customer 9: You'll be dead! *everyone begins looking at each other with drunken stares. Then they begin fighting. As the customer tries to kill Jenka, he grabs a disruptoraand disintegrates him. Jenka goes to look at the bounty board.*
    Jenka: some warlord. Hmmm, Aennick Okeg. Former president of the UFP. Worth lots of credits and most people will here about it. He has high security, but their all Devrons, so a single highpowered sonic blast should take 'em out. Jenka to slave 1, please beam me aboard. *jenka beams aboard*

OOC: this is what his ship looks like: https://www.google.com/search?q=Slave+1&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=hVqKU4OHNcTOkQX7joHoBw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=727#facrc=_
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    OOC: making a Han Solo-Boba Fett kind of character. Smuggling and Bounty hunting.

Unknown space station

Customer 9: hey you, I don't like you
    Jenka: sorry I bothered you
    Customer 9: Back when society still existed, I had the death sentence on 12 systems.
    Jenka: right.....I'll leave then
    Customer 9: You'll be dead! *everyone begins looking at each other with drunken stares. Then they begin fighting. As the customer tries to kill Jenka, he grabs a disruptoraand disintegrates him. Jenka goes to look at the bounty board.*
    Jenka: some warlord. Hmmm, Aennick Okeg. Former president of the UFP. Worth lots of credits and most people will here about it. He has high security, but their all Devrons, so a single highpowered sonic blast should take 'em out. Jenka to slave 1, please beam me aboard. *jenka beams aboard*

OOC: this is what his ship looks like: https://www.google.com/search?q=Slave+1&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=hVqKU4OHNcTOkQX7joHoBw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=727#facrc=_

So is this supposed to be the same unkown station Karn is on or a different one?
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    So is this supposed to be the same unkown station Karn is on or a different one?

OOC: yep. It is meant to be, any issues with that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    OOC: yep. It is meant to be, any issues with that?

Not really no but I'm assuming that this is taking place after the damage to ops and while Karn is investigating.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Never mind
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Take care of him.

*Atrat moves Kovu to an operation table, where he begins adding Elachi cybernetic implants. Voporak places a little photo of Taka, Sarabi, and Kovu on a desk next to the table for when Kovu wakes up.*

*Kovu looked over at the picture, VOporak's words replaying in his mind*

"They are dead, Kovu..you are all alone.."