• knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zathri83 wrote: »
    How long before the pvpers get it nerfed to only one new slot? :eek:

+2 ship slots is OP, plz Nerf.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Didn't someone say that the PVPers consist of only 1 guy working on multiple machines?

Then it must be a woman, because of the multitasking.

Oh my god..
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can always use more ship slots!

Thanks!
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why not boff slots, or more duty officer slots. Honestly , ship slots is not really so important. Not unless you guys fix the loadout system and not even then. I only use 2 or 3 ships at max with every char.. for god sake, again another stupid useless gift to keep players happy. LOL.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    Thanks, Cryptic. ...eh... What's the catch?

That awesome red herring..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wait what? Two... new.... SLOTS??!?!?!?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVNDjs5Xq9E

My thoughts.

Almost all the lock box ships, special event ships, a doff ship, and a lone fleet ship put together I was running out of room of ships I cannot remove without loosing so this is nice.

Now stop fing doing things right! And make it just a little easier to get the jem bug ship already so I can complain about things like not enough slots again.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    skaroxis wrote: »
    I hope that this increase in ship slots will have something to do with your BOFFs being able to crew surplus ships in your inventory some time in the future.

I still don't see this idea working well at all, personally. Seems like a feature someone dreamed up without even considering the implications it would have on gameplay.

It's more likely that this is for the upcoming shuttle weekend. I'm willing to bet a lot of players don't even have a shuttle anymore. I know the only reason I have one on my KDF alt is because I got the free Ferengi shuttle. This gives us room to store one without having to give up any real ships.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is a very nice gesture.

And great timing too, as I was just looking over my character ship selections recently and worrying about available slots.
    What with all the event ships, fleet ships and those lock box ships taking up more and more room. :o
    My character's hangars are stocked full of exotic spacecraft.

You saved me temporarily anyway, from making some difficult choices.

I have a ship addiction.......... There I said it. :P

But thanks !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why not boff slots, or more duty officer slots. Honestly , ship slots is not really so important. Not unless you guys fix the loadout system and not even then. I only use 2 or 3 ships at max with every char.. for god sake, again another stupid useless gift to keep players happy. LOL.

Did you LOL yourself? Anyways, Thank you for the gift.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I still don't see this idea working well at all, personally. Seems like a feature someone dreamed up without even considering the implications it would have on gameplay.

It's more likely that this is for the upcoming shuttle weekend. I'm willing to bet a lot of players don't even have a shuttle anymore. I know the only reason I have one on my KDF alt is because I got the free Ferengi shuttle. This gives us room to store one without having to give up any real ships.

I always keep a shuttle on all my toons just incase there happens to be one of those missions that come up and you need one.

Why am I not surprised at this comment, I think you need a title.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2014

You can always plant a cruiser or two in those ship slots, then use those ships as storage for weapons, consoles, etc. Nothing wrong with a pseudo-bank (or two) for 8 weapons, a deflector, an engine, a warp core, a shield, some consoles... plus whatever accumulation of devices you are working on. Even if you don't want more ship slots, they can serve a purpose if you choose to make it so.

Anyway, thanks for the ship slots, and here's hoping it includes future characters as well as existing ones :D
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Meh.
    Thanks for the Freebie... but with the current bugs I'm still going to be a one ship per character player. I greatly dislike how on occasion, my Bridge Officers go missing and/or my tray gets messed up and I have to re-station my Bridge Officers and/or rebuild my tray. This is particularly annoying when I pop into a ESTF or Fleet Action and my tray is nearly empty.

I find that this bug strikes more often when I switch ships. I had hoped the loadout system might be an "fix" for it, but it's not. When my tray is messed up, I've tried loading my saved loadouts, but that does nothing. The tray remains messed up.

So, with the two characters I do have (Tac FED, and Tac KDF), I've settled on a good ship, and don't use any others. On my KDF char, I've deleted the other ships. I am soon going to delete the unused ships I have on my FED.

I can't get excited over free ship slots when game bugs make me feel it's best to only have or use one ship.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hamen1 wrote: »
    So, I understand the concept behind Micro Transaction and I am a lifer, so this doesn't effect me, but you have given players sponsorship tokens to give to their alts and yet, they don't have a way to give them to their alts. They have to buy a 1000 sen service to make use of the sponsorship chit.

I love the 2 additional ship slots, but shouldn't you have included an account bank to all players back when you first implemented the sponsorship token?

Just sayin, people are more likely to buy more character slots and stuff like that if they have the ability to use an account bank that should have been standard to begin with.

Umm, do you even play this game? We have an account bank with 20 slots, had it for quite sometime, it's a thousand zen for 10 additional slots.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ravin wrote: »
    Umm, do you even play this game? We have an account bank with 20 slots, had it for quite sometime, it's a thousand zen for 10 additional slots.

Only gold/lifetime members have 20 free account bank slots and can purchase up to 40 more from the c-store.

Free players have no account bank slots but can purchase up to 40 from the c-store.

Account bank slots are 1,000 zen for 10 slots.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Meh.
    Thanks for the Freebie... but with the current bugs I'm still going to be a one ship per character player. I greatly dislike how on occasion, my Bridge Officers go missing and/or my tray gets messed up and I have to re-station my Bridge Officers and/or rebuild my tray. This is particularly annoying when I pop into a ESTF or Fleet Action and my tray is nearly empty.

I find that this bug strikes more often when I switch ships. I had hoped the loadout system might be an "fix" for it, but it's not. When my tray is messed up, I've tried loading my saved loadouts, but that does nothing. The tray remains messed up.

So, with the two characters I do have (Tac FED, and Tac KDF), I've settled on a good ship, and don't use any others. On my KDF char, I've deleted the other ships. I am soon going to delete the unused ships I have on my FED.

I can't get excited over free ship slots when game bugs make me feel it's best to only have or use one ship.

there is a work around for this - if the one ship you fly happens to be a c-store ship, example Vesta discharge it and reclaim it that "should" fix the power tray and BOff seating mix up every time you go from ground to space, now if you don't have a c-store ship then your screwed I just bought a fleet T'varo for my rom tac and she has this issue but I am screwed bcuz I can't just discharge it and reclaim unless I want to buy another fleet module and I don't.
  • astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    there is a work around for this - if the one ship you fly happens to be a c-store ship, example Vesta discharge it and reclaim it that "should" fix the power tray and BOff seating mix up every time you go from ground to space, now if you don't have a c-store ship then your screwed I just bought a fleet T'varo for my rom tac and she has this issue but I am screwed bcuz I can't just discharge it and reclaim unless I want to buy another fleet module and I don't.

Fleet Avenger
    Currently using the Mogh on KDF, will switch t Fleet Mogh when I can.
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for the ship slots! A nice gesture, and opens some breathing room for the summer event ships! :)
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So when are the free BO slots coming? We keep getting ship slots and other slots but not once since STO was made have we gotten a BO slot increase. Holding some in hopes of one day we finally get that promote our BO option.

Get that Romulan pack gives 2 slots but only to Romulan characters. POWER CREEP (how poorly it was used around here the term fits according to Cryptic)

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A good free gift, but only really worth it if you revise the ship injury system to force players to switch ships upon 1 critical injury, 3 major injuries, or 7 minor injuries.

With the majority of people being Vice Admiral level or something like that, you would hope that they would have access to a personal fleet of sorts.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the free slots.Guess I will go ship shopping now.Win, win for both.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited May 2014
    This is some of the best news ever, kudos to the Dev team and a very much appreciated Thanks from this player. Can't wait till I get my 2 free ship slots. But that'll have to wait till I finish the patch for today, tomorrow when I get time...

Until then keep up the amazing work guys!!!