Options

Why free to play is very good!

123457»

Comments

• Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    are you saying you play on a friends account????? if so you do know that a no no?

O.o wow how the hell did you get the idea that I share an account with someone? I have 2 accounts both mine, than my friend has an account, he logs into his account and I log into one of mine, set up ships, play a match against eachother, then I log out of my account and into MY other account, repeat.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Free Sovereign: 3 Tac, 4 Eng, 2 Sci Consoles, 39,000 Hull, +5 Power all Systems. Lt Tac, En Tac, Cmd Eng, Lt Cmd Eng, Lt Sci.

Fleet Sovereign: 4 Tac, 4 Eng, 2 Sci Consoles, 42,900 Hull, +10 Weapons, +5 Shields, +5 Aux. Lt Cmdr Tac, En Tac, Cmd Eng, Lt Eng, Lt Universal.

Those two ships are vastly different in power and ability. The Lt Cmd Tac, alone, opens up abilities the free Sovereign cannot touch.

I don't consider the fleet ships store, fleet modules can be found on the exchange for under the ec cap. The bug ship would have been a better argument.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    I don't consider the fleet ships store, fleet modules can be found on the exchange for under the ec cap. The bug ship would have been a better argument.
    Someone paid money for the Modules, even if they decided to sell them for EC. That makes them store items in my book. YMMV

I could just as easily have used the C-Store Avenger, or even the C-Store Excelsior - the Excelsior was the best combat Cruiser in the game for years until the Fleet ships were added.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2014

you may like sto being your job to grind for every thing i dont i use that plastic card and that how i pay to win over you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    you may like sto being your job to grind for every thing i dont i use that plastic card and that how i pay to win over you

LOL good luck with that, but meh I have work in the morning, night.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    LOL good luck with that, but meh I have work in the morning, night.

good luck with what? that i pay to win that i dont grind for every thing like you love to do that i dont need to be in a T5 fleet to get every thing i want?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Personally, I don't think the game would still be around today if it wasn't F2P. It certainly wouldn't be as lively or healthy, I reckon. Personally, I much prefer seeing a game with loads of players running around having fun on ESD than a subscription model that had a handful of diehards and LTS (myself included). I cheered on the F2P, realising at the very least it made it more likely a few more of my mates would jump on to at least give things a go.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Personally, I don't think the game would still be around today if it wasn't F2P. It certainly wouldn't be as lively or healthy, I reckon. Personally, I much prefer seeing a game with loads of players running around having fun on ESD than a subscription model that had a handful of diehards and LTS (myself included). I cheered on the F2P, realising at the very least it made it more likely a few more of my mates would jump on to at least give things a go.

imo its f2p and life time account that keep this game around and again imo life times is what keep the game going when it was a sub game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    baudl wrote: »
    that is bad, no doubt, but it is not representative for 99,9% of the playerbase...srsly!

i too have 1 character out of 7 that had MAJOR issues with costume options and such...but, it is not a MAJOR issue for the MAJORITY of players.
    i got huge headaces when season 9 hit and that same character wasn't able to add any trait to the new revamped trait system...
    but obviously the staff is working hard on those "Immidiate" issues...and they get resolved..."less" gamebraking, yet annoying issues get ignored....but that is the case with ANY game company...this is a case of priorities and resources!

I think he was saying that his characters are unplayable. Thats a big diffrence from a not being able to play the game to being able to play with a slight warbrobe malfunction. My shoes blink on and off all the time, but if my characters are in constant limbo from sliding off of the dilthum astroid, id be pissed.. just saying some bugs are worse than others so I wouldn't judge.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    I think he was saying that his characters are unplayable. Thats a big diffrence from a not being able to play the game to being able to play with a slight warbrobe malfunction. My shoes blink on and off all the time, but if my characters are in constant limbo from sliding off of the dilthum astroid, id be pissed.. just saying some bugs are worse than others so I wouldn't judge.

no, game braking issues are never ever more than 7 days online...more or less they are resolved within a week.
    even if: they offer 2 addistional character slots...
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    double shield bug FTW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    double shield bug FTW

Do you fly a scimitar, thats not a bug. They have secondary shields.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    Do you fly a scimitar, thats not a bug. They have secondary shields.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3886561 lets say it was not fixed in a week
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    double shield bug FTW

ok, i see we have very different definitions of "game breaking bug"

mine would be, that you literaly can't play...like servers down, login not functioning, ...

yours would be an imbalance in PVP, that is sad for the handfull of people actually endulging in PVP, but has no impact on the other 99% of people playing the game.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    good luck with what? that i pay to win that i dont grind for every thing like you love to do that i dont need to be in a T5 fleet to get every thing i want?

:) if that's what you think then that's what it is, personally I don't grind for much of anything but my paycheck (hell I even try to avoid that when I can) if I want something on my paid account I get, if I want something on my free account that can be got without Zen it normally doesn't take long without grind, I enjoy the parts of the game I enjoy and ignore the parts I don't. Difference is I bust my rump on a construction site to earn my purchases :P