test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Change from Euro to Dollars

dkevadkeva Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited October 2014 in C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Hi Guys

Please can you help me out here?
Is it possible to change the region for purchases of Zen?

I am from South Africa, and the euro is in a much worse state than the dollar. Up until this point I had been able to purchase in dollars, but I see now that it defaults to the euro.

I stand to lose too much zen just through currency conversions (euro to zen vs dollar to zen), so ask if you can please let me know how to change it?

Many thanks
Post edited by dkeva on

Comments

• cajalacajala Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wonder what reason, other then greed, is behind letting Europeans pay the Dollar price in Euro? I'm not gonna pay more then other because of where I'm from. Pricing stuff based on people's origin is Racism! Way to go! Keep it up! I'm not gonna support racists so bye!
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Frankly, in countries in Africa and America (Not USA and Canada) it should probably be coded to let you use Dollars. Charging $158 (The current Euro exchange rate value if 120 Euros) in countries in these regions is excessive.
  • blargblahblahblargblahblah Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's nothing to do with racism, calm down. It has to do with exchange rates, and something called VAT? Anyway, here's something from the FAQ:

Q: There seems to be a discrepancy in the price in US Dollars and Euro - why?
    A: In your conversion, please ensure you are taking VAT into consideration.
  • charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's bad enough we're getting ripped off by Britain since it's frankly ridiculous! I think they should allow us to decide which conversion we use.
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • an0nem0u5ean0nem0u5e Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dkeva wrote: »
    I stand to lose too much zen just through currency conversions (euro to zen vs dollar to zen)

When the pack hits the C-Store, it's price will (probably) be 16,000 Zen. Zen acquired in-game shouldn't care about currency rates. So if you're going to get it with Zen (in the C-Store), instead of buying it outright, your location shouldn't affect the price.

It's nothing to do with racism, calm down. It has to do with exchange rates, and something called VAT? Anyway, here's something from the FAQ:

that would be ok *IF* the numbers add up (here's a clue, they don't).

$125 (US price) + 20% (the default VAT rate in Europe) = $150. The current price of €120 (Euro price) = $158 (as at time of posting, according to www.xe.com) ....

IE... IT'S NOT THE SAME PRICE.

Cryptic.. Stop charging people differently just because of an accident of geography. Yes we have VAT.. but even adding VAT, you're still charging THE WRONG AMOUNT!!!!!
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's bad enough we're getting ripped off by Britain since it's frankly ridiculous!

Pardon?

/10chars
    server_hamster6.png
  • an0nem0u5ean0nem0u5e Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think the poster meant "ripped off IN Britain".. see my previous post.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    an0nem0u5e wrote: »
    I think the poster meant "ripped off IN Britain".. see my previous post.

Ah! Thanks.
    server_hamster6.png
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    First off: The Euro is worth more than the USD, and has been for years now.

Secondly: The increase between USD and Euro is because of the VAT.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • dkevadkeva Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guys just to clarify, the reason I was asking is due to our little humble country, not being bound to a European currency. I do not find it fair that I'm expected to pay more (exchange rates truly suck ballz here) because I am given no choice.

Steam allows me to choose that, all I ask is that countries outside the major continents be given some flexibility.