Install Arc

Borg STFs win Undine Fail

124»

Comments

• tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    More like players=fail.

You cannot just zerg the Undine like you can Borg.

Let's also just throw out here - how easy is it to get enough Undine marks in the Battlezone?

I did one of the Undine queues last night for the first time...I forget it's name, the one with the lanes, I loved it, it was hard, challenging, but doable - will I be doing it again?

No.

Simply put I spent five minutes in the Battlezone, got 80+ tokens for my daily rep, spent 40 minutes or something in the queue start to finish and got in the region of 40...
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Law of Unintended Consequences, I think.

The most efficient way to generate Undine rep marks is to play a single mission per alt per day - the fact that the daily bonus is a one-shot is a big depressor on playing multiple missions. In contrast, traditional STFs pay the same however many times you play them.

Saying that, there is a massive disparity between the Undine Invasion and the other two queued missions - Invasion seems to take 3-4 times as long for the same reward. It's an epic mission but could probably justify a higher payout.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think cryptic made a good job with the undine expansion. While I like vicious cycle and especially the infiltration ground map I found the battle zone only partially rewarding and Undine assault not worth of the effort put into it.

As far as the rewards are concerned one seems indeed to be pretty much dependant of the daily extra reward. If one does Infiltrtion or Cycle ones a day (some 20 mins) it rewards roughly 90+ marks meaning you have enough to get the huge xp reput projects running for 3 days.

100.000 XP in need for max (with 2500 XP per project) = 40 projekts (with 30 marks in need for each) = 1200 marks in need total

A character only has to do those queues 13-14 times to get through. A sponsored one only 7 times. It’s at least a half way fair trade of in consideration of the reput trait nerf.

Gear could be the huge problem. If you want some of the stuff by the day after tomorrow you will encounter a frustrating grinding problem but if one sets some long term goal based on daily reward it could work. One just has to bring in the same patiens like with Eppogh tagging while still be able to see some action each day. Why not. I also hope one gets a huge reward for finishing the reput like one gets for the others. There will also be Risa event in a few weeks.

The only thing I’d like to be added is perhaps more contend to cover the grind. I know cryptic must be busy and I appreciated the effort but a few more maps would be cool. If they are set in known locations like they did with the Bajoran capitol here or with mintrap back then I wouldn’t mind it at all. An undine fight at the Academy, DS9, Vulcan or the new beautiful ESD would be kinda cool. And why not bring back Terradome?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated