Comments

• jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    agreed

But the loot drop should be random not DPS based
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The battlezone is simpler and far more lucrative.

The space ESTFs are somewhat difficult, can be frustrating or annoying thanks PURELY to the bubbles of death, (without those they are pretty fun. with them they are silly) and are not lucrative at all. (only one isomorphic per, for instance: BZ gives 3) You need a crack team to make it somewhat lucrative for marks, and again, the BZ is still better and far, far easier.
  • macfellymacfelly Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vhiranikos wrote: »
    The battlezone is simpler and far more lucrative.

The space ESTFs are somewhat difficult, can be frustrating or annoying thanks PURELY to the bubbles of death, (without those they are pretty fun. with them they are silly) and are not lucrative at all. (only one isomorphic per, for instance: BZ gives 3) You need a crack team to make it somewhat lucrative for marks, and again, the BZ is still better and far, far easier.

^This^ I like the battlezone because I don't really have to worry about what someone else is doing. STFs you have to do this, then this, then kill that, make sure you do it in a certain way or you fail. Now you may have it down, but what are the chances everyone is on the same page. I gave up on borg stfs a long time ago because of the human error factor, wasting time to not get as good of a reward even if you did nothing wrong.
    Apparently not loyal enough :|
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    martinison wrote: »
    I like the new missions, but will still do the borg stf's more for one simple reason. That is my primary source of dilithium, period.

Really? It's my secondary. Voth Battlezone is my primary.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    I use Attack Pattern Omega to get away from the bubbles. Why is everyone else trying to jump away from them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I use Attack Pattern Omega to get away from the bubbles. Why is everyone else trying to jump away from them?

I think they forget their ships don't have legs. Despite the fact the Biomolecular Photon Mines have a -runspeed effect on them.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • jimqqijimqqi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    borg stfs are literally more than 10 times faster and give better rewards. even if the undine stfs were empty and you just had to fly through all three lanes it'd still be more efficent to run ise.
    edited April 2014
    flipping one zone in the space BZ is the way to go if you need your rep done

edited April 2014
    Really? It's my secondary. Voth Battlezone is my primary.

:)

If you only have 1 or 2 characters your right

4 or 5 characters ISE pones the voth BZ hands down

• kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    And just what is it the Undine are doing that one-shots an Adapted Battlecruiser in Viscous cycle? Normal was tolerable, but elite was insane and proved impossible to tank all the spam and the team was getting wiped many times. Reminds me of the old Borg plasma torp horror days.
    edited April 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

If you only have 1 or 2 characters your right

4 or 5 characters ISE pones the voth BZ hands down

I really only play 2 or 3 of my characters. I have more, but they're just for goofiness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    And just what is it the Undine are doing that one-shots an Adapted Battlecruiser in Viscous cycle? Normal was tolerable, but elite was insane and proved impossible to tank all the spam and the team was getting wiped many times. Reminds me of the old Borg plasma torp horror days.

If they stop you or slow you down to a standstill, then they debuff you, then they hit you with a crit projectile. The damage bonuses stack up and poof, you're dead.

The thing they're really focusing on with this set of content is to keep moving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If they stop you or slow you down to a standstill, then they debuff you, then they hit you with a crit projectile. The damage bonuses stack up and poof, you're dead.

The thing they're really focusing on with this set of content is to keep moving.

Keep moving? They really don't like cruisers then lol. That slowdown spam is just annoying as hell. Until it's tweaked I'm not playing those dreary looking annoying missions again, just sticking to the battlezone.
  • neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've only played the one stf where you shut down rifts then fight a PK. It was terribly easy and boring.
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
    edited April 2014
    I really only play 2 or 3 of my characters. I have more, but they're just for goofiness.

With all of the changes i will cut down drastically on the number of Characters i play now

The rest will become static farmers for lore questions and free doffs i sopose

will probably just run my KDF toon's until there nerfed as well

• marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I did viscous cycle on elite, it wasn't very hard for me, but the rewards are too low compared to the time involved for me to do it more. For farming marks or dil it just makes more sense to use the battlezones or ISE. The rewards for other missions need to be increased to make them viable alternatives.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    That's because ISE is easy.

That is an easy answer. The Undine "STFs" are not interesting at all. They may be new, but litterally just overspam the player with truly unneccessary mechanics such as perma-waves which add nothing to gameplay, objectives which reward the player in a non essential way and of course time vs. reward ratio also comes into play. The latter being way beyond the low end reward scale of Azure Rescue.

Going further which is a reason I won't set a foot into those Undine maps is that the environment is just aweful. This wobbling environment just makes me sick and wanna throw up. With all due respect to the designers, which clearly wanted to create a unique surrounding; they simply went too far.

At least these are issues I have with the new Undine Stuff.

When it comes to ISE...it simply works. It is simple, rewards you and you need communication on a really low level. And let us be honest here. STO was never - from the beginning a game which promoted teamplay. Compared to other MMOs and their Raids and Instances, STO is just a "walk-in-the-park".
    edited April 2014
    Keep moving? They really don't like cruisers then lol. That slowdown spam is just annoying as hell. Until it's tweaked I'm not playing those dreary looking annoying missions again, just sticking to the battlezone.

Yeah, it can be rough on some cruisers and some builds. It's also a bit of a playstyle adjustment for some PVErs used to things like ISE and what not.

I like all three missions. And the battlezone. So I don't know if I'll settle in on just one while I do this rep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I did viscous cycle on elite, it wasn't very hard for me, but the rewards are too low compared to the time involved for me to do it more. For farming marks or dil it just makes more sense to use the battlezones or ISE. The rewards for other missions need to be increased to make them viable alternatives.

One point to note, doing them on Normal combined with the daily tends to:

- Go quicker
    - Give you almost as many marks
    - Adds in the daily bonus

So like last night I did Undine Assault on Normal and came away with 55 + 24 marks, for an encounter that wasn't anywhere near as long as it took me today on Elite. (Where I got 35 marks, so if it was the daily it would have been 55 + 35 and not much more reward).

I don't know, just a suggestion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    One point to note, doing them on Normal combined with the daily tends to:

- Go quicker
    - Give you almost as many marks
    - Adds in the daily bonus

So like last night I did Undine Assault on Normal and came away with 55 + 24 marks, for an encounter that wasn't anywhere near as long as it took me today on Elite. (Where I got 35 marks, so if it was the daily it would have been 55 + 35 and not much more reward).

I don't know, just a suggestion.

Makes sense as it was that way for the mirror event also where normal ended up giving the same and sometimes more marks. I'll give normal a try today and see if I can get my daily bonus marks about as fast as I can in the battlezone.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • gogereavergogereaver Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    the new battlezone and ground stf are good, i tried space and wound up just leaving it because it was long everyone was just exploding etc. your just fighting endless waves of 8472 getting spammed with gravity wells then fight a dread do this 6 times for all 3 lanes its just long and boring. the time it takes to clear it is longer then the battlezone for less of a reward.
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    That's because ISE is easy.

Undine space is easier. Like seriously.
    edited April 2014
    yep space battle zone is fun. space stf is fail ground stf is fun but not alot of people play ground actively. at least they got 2 right unlike voth where ground battle zone was the only thing worth it.
  • adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's only a fail, because a large majority of the player base, cannot think outside of the targeting reticle.

Anything that requires some thought besides mindless destruction of countless enemies, obviously is to much for some people to compute in brain power.

So they continuously fail, and inevitably give up.

I think they are fail bc they are boring. I had no problems beating the content its just annoying and not fun.
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    yep the space stf is just to long and boring they just recycled that voth stf .
  • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's only a fail, because a large majority of the player base, cannot think outside of the targeting reticle.

Anything that requires some thought besides mindless destruction of countless enemies, obviously is to much for some people to compute in brain power.

So they continuously fail, and inevitably give up.

You know what? I never though I would say this, but, I agree. I love Undine Infiltration, because it requires thinking. I think it is the best PVE queue to date.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    That is an easy answer. The Undine "STFs" are not interesting at all. They may be new, but litterally just overspam the player with truly unneccessary mechanics such as perma-waves which add nothing to gameplay, objectives which reward the player in a non essential way and of course time vs. reward ratio also comes into play. The latter being way beyond the low end reward scale of Azure Rescue.

Going further which is a reason I won't set a foot into those Undine maps is that the environment is just aweful. This wobbling environment just makes me sick and wanna throw up. With all due respect to the designers, which clearly wanted to create a unique surrounding; they simply went too far.

At least these are issues I have with the new Undine Stuff.

When it comes to ISE...it simply works. It is simple, rewards you and you need communication on a really low level. And let us be honest here. STO was never - from the beginning a game which promoted teamplay. Compared to other MMOs and their Raids and Instances, STO is just a "walk-in-the-park".

I actually like the Undine assault.
    I mean I hate the mass on slow-down and push around stuff... but in general I find it entertaining.
    I would certainly do it more often... if it would reward properly.
    Not a fan of vicious cycle though...
    Undine space is easier. Like seriously.

Well easy is relative.
    I mean... you don't die as fast as you can die in ISE.... but it still takes longer.
    Also even most of the dumpiest noobs can do ISE now since we are all trained like apes to do it.
    Outside of a very few runs where people seemed to TRIBBLE up the mission on purpose you never miss the optional in there with pugs.
    I actually thought about doing that with literally bandaged eyes... So from the current point... no its not easier.
    edited April 2014
    I actually like the Undine assault.
    I mean I hate the mass on slow-down and push around stuff... but in general I find it entertaining.
    I would certainly do it more often... if it would reward properly.
    Not a fan of vicious cycle though...

Well easy is relative.
    I mean... you don't die as fast as you can die in ISE.... but it still takes longer.
    Also even most of the dumpiest noobs can do ISE now since we are all trained like apes to do it.
    Outside of a very few runs where people seemed to TRIBBLE up the mission on purpose you never miss the optional in there with pugs.
    I actually thought about doing that with literally bandaged eyes... So from the current point... no its not easier.

i seen pugs totally fail ise elite. i had one match up with pure noob ships me and 4 other sovereign not one even geared for elite.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gogereaver wrote: »
    i seen pugs totally fail ise elite. i had one match up with pure noob ships me and 4 other sovereign not one even geared for elite.

I do those on daily base (what else is there to do)...
    And there are only 2 conditions in which they fail.
    1. Idiot goes for the right generator and being there alone ensures the spheres getting there early
    2. Idiots (at least 2) attack the spheres instead of the generator.

Both happens very very rarely at this point.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    SHort answer?

The pay is not commiserate to the work.

Bump up the rewards OR bump down the spam.